Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 (45955 Views)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City:CapitalOneCup Final 1 - 3 On Penalties On 28/02/16 / Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by RoyalRoy(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2013
ANYBODY WITH A CONSISTENT LINK TO WATCH THE MATCH ONLINE PLEASE?
A BROTHER HAS BEEN REDUCED TO WATCHING MATCHES ON NEWSPAPERS OUT HERE......HELP WITH ANY OTHER LINK TO WATCH PREMIERSHIPS LIVE TOO......BEFORE I TURN TO BORING CRICKET FAN.....HELP!!!!!!
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 23, 2013
[quote author=biolab

i can imagine u lip licking...[/quote] Comfarm Matt Hummels will play,but Götze is out.And he is best Germany player of d year 2013. So feel for Dortmund.I give it to Bayern 2:1.
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by rallymento(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2013
Dortmund WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Basics007: 4:48pm On May 23, 2013
My heart wants BvB to win though I know Bayern has an edge. That Bayern team is too complete to be toyed with.
Don't think Goetze absence will tell much,BvB don't depend on him as much. Last year when they won the double and they repeatedly trashed Bayern he was injured for most of the season. And they have Sahin and Grosskreutz who are not bad at all.
Overall I want BvB to win cos this team is truely a fairytale team.......but the realist in me tells me it's a false hope

2 Likes

Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2013
If Bayern lose then they must be jinxed. That would mean 3 losses in 3 finals in the past years. A very unpalatable prospect.
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by fredoooooo: 5:15pm On May 23, 2013
Royal Roy: ANYBODY WITH A CONSISTENT LINK TO WATCH THE MATCH ONLINE PLEASE?
A BROTHER HAS BEEN REDUCED TO WATCHING MATCHES ON NEWSPAPERS OUT HERE......HELP WITH ANY OTHER LINK TO WATCH PREMIERSHIPS LIVE TOO......BEFORE I TURN TO BORING CRICKET FAN.....HELP!!!!!!

cricket is good for your health grin grin grin grin

google lshunter ,go on the site . click on one of the links . its bend down and select grin
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Davee222(m): 6:11pm On May 23, 2013
Bayern all the way
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 23, 2013
Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour? Dortmund attempt to charm Londoners

[img]http://www.standard.co.uk/img/rO0ABXQAaWZ7aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zdGFuZGFyZC5jby51ay9pbmNvbWluZy9hcnRpY2xlODYyOTY2Mi5lY2UvQUxURVJOQVRFUy93NjIwL0RvcnRtdW5kLXdpdGgtbG92ZS5qcGd9Zjc3NzhmMzIwdA==.jpg[/img]

Thursday 23 May 2013

Borussia Dortmund are giving fans the chance to get involved in the run-up to Saturday's Champions League Final with a series of activities across the capital.

The club have released a humourous advert (above) instructing supporters to have fun ahead of the all-German showdown against Bayern Munich at Wembley Stadium.

A black and yellow double- decker bus will tour central London with an onboard team handing out gifts on both tomorrow and Saturday.

The bus will stop off at a number of destinations to celebrate the final with fans.

There will also be men in yellow and black busbies standing guard over some of London's iconic tourist attractions while in various locations such as Tower Bridge, Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, there will be life-size cardboard cut-outs of star players including Robert Lewandowski and Marco Reus to showcase the club's love of football. Where you can catch the action ...
Friday 12-2.30pm: Marble Arch

3pm-5pm:Waterloo Place

5pm-8pm: Embankment

Saturday 10-11.30am: Marble Arch

12-2pm: Trafalgar Square - North Terrace

2.30-4.30pm: Embankment
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Chimerase(m): 7:27pm On May 23, 2013
fredoooooo:

cricket is good for your health grin grin grin grin

google lshunter ,go on the site . click on one of the links . its bend down and select grin
freedoo okirika no go kill u...OKIRIKA dude cheesycheesy
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by hismail1(m): 7:38pm On May 23, 2013
giving it to BVB
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Nobody: 12:06am On May 24, 2013
up bayern muchen

Stern Des
Südens
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by dayokanu(m): 1:03am On May 24, 2013
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 1:34am On May 24, 2013
Its almost here....

May the best team win

Mario is a huge loss though
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by fujirice: 6:32am On May 24, 2013
I know Dortmund will make me happy again! Bayern has not broken dat thing dat is following them....hihihihihi!
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by fredoooooo: 8:04am On May 24, 2013
Chimerase: freedoo okirika no go kill u...OKIRIKA dude cheesycheesy

Chinedu no be you dey sell okirika for yaba ? grin grin
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by biolabee(m): 8:16am On May 24, 2013
fujirice: I know Dortmund will make me happy again! Bayern has not broken dat thing dat is following them....hihihihihi!

I think Bayern will be 3rd time lucky
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Nobody: 8:53am On May 24, 2013
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Nobody: 8:56am On May 24, 2013
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Dahrey17(m): 4:48pm On May 24, 2013
Gozte is nt playing...Gozte is nt playing...Gozte is nt playing...
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by dayokanu(m): 1:00am On May 25, 2013
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by isalegan2: 1:32am On May 25, 2013
Global Soccer
Champions League Final Does Not Mark Start of a German Era
By ROB HUGHES
Published: May 24, 2013
New York Times

Franck Ribery, center, celebrating with his Bayern teammates last week. After months of sustained omnipotence, Munich is the favorite to win the Champions League final.

LONDON — Germany’s strength is all around us. Whether Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund prevails on English soil this Saturday evening, no one can deny that the Bundesliga has outplayed the rest of Europe this season.

Seeing the order, the speed, the virility with which both play, it is hard to feel that either would not make a true champion of the Continent. Maybe sentiment is tilted toward the Dortmunders, if only because it might spike the hubris of Bayern’s booking the Great Room of the Grosvenor House Hotel for a celebration with 1,800 guests through Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Munich likes to party, though a week ago its coach, Jupp Heynckes, kept a more intimate rein on his players. He ended the season — and his own 50-year Bundesliga career as a player and trainer — with a “family” gathering with the players at his farmhouse near Gladbach.

Heynckes, 68, could leave Munich with a full house of trophies from the Bundelsiga, the Champions League and, next week, the German Cup final against Stuttgart in Berlin.

His successor, Pep Guardiola of Barcelona, has already started spending Bayern’s incomparable budget. If Guardiola can change anything in a team that has laid waste to virtually every opponent this season, always scoring and barely conceding, it will be in the department of creativity on the field.

To that end, Bayern is paying the €37 million, or $48 million, it took to activate a buyout clause in the contract of Dortmund’s most gifted homegrown player, Mario Götze. As fate would have it, Götze, who is now 20 but was raised by Borussia from the age of 8, cannot play at Wembley Stadium because of a thigh injury.

But this move, and the possibility that Munich could outbid Manchester United and Real Madrid to lure away Dortmund’s Polish striker Robert Lewandowski, does show that market forces and financial wealth are as persuasive in Germany as anywhere else.

That needs saying because there is a bandwagon rolling to sell the charms of the Bundesliga against the other powers in Europe right now. The English league, they say, is run by the money of sheiks and oligarchs and rich Americans. Spain has a league of two, Barça and Real, built on their monopoly of television income.

Those are facts. The Bundesliga, more closely bounded by financial compliance and built at least in part by supporter ownership, is arguably the most sustainable league in the world. Saturday night in London will most likely also show that it has plenty of young, dynamic players capable of pushing the national team toward the final places at the World Cup.

Yet it seems premature to declare Germany right now as the role model for the sport’s future.

Even if both of these finalists are built around German strength and reliability, the attacks are led by Mario Mandzukic, a Croatian, and Lewandowski, a Pole.

The midfield of Munich is powered by a combination of Bastian Schweinsteiger and the Spaniard Javi Martínez, and the wings belong to two wonderfully engaging characters, Arjen Robben from the Netherlands and Franck Ribéry of France.

What is true is that Munich blends the imports with its own youth products, none better than the stealth raider, Thomas Müller.

Dortmund does the same, on a lesser budget. Ever since it borrowed €2 million from Bayern to prevent its financial collapse in 2005 (and paid it back in good time) Dortmund has run one of the best youth policies in the country. Götze is a product of it, but Dortmund has also bought well. The best of those, Marco Reus, was purchased from Borussia Mönchengladbach, and his ability to move from midfield and strike goals is equivalent to Müller’s for Bayern.

So, unquestionably, Germany has done marvelous things since it looked hard at itself after an embarrassing failure at the Euro 2000 tournament. Its youth regeneration, its financial constraints, its huge audiences and its rules on financial accountability are rightly being trumpeted this weekend.

But still, it is presumptuous to call this the start of a new era of German domination.

It is the fourth time in the Champions League era that one nation has supplied both sides at the final. In 2000, Real Madrid beat Valencia in Paris. In 2003, Milan defeated Juventus on penalty kicks after a goalless 120 minutes at Old Trafford in Manchester. And in 2008, Manchester United beat Chelsea, also on penalty kicks, in Moscow.

None of those led to dynastic periods of one-country rule. Barcelona’s play, in unison with the Spanish national side, has been hypnotic to behold, and injuries including to Lionel Messi certainly weakened it against Munich.

But there is an abiding reason why Germany has arrived at this point: the teams’ response to pain. Anybody in Bayern’s camp speaks of losing the Champions League final in 2010 to Inter Milan, and last year to Chelsea.

The moment this season began, Heynckes used that losing feeling to goad his men. Every player — notably Ribéry and Robben — was made to realize that defense starts with the forwards and that by working back to support their colleagues and sprinting forward with license to show their skills, they are winners.

Dortmund is drilled according to similar notions, and has been since Jürgen Klopp became its trainer four years ago. In front of the cameras, Klopp is a joker, a commentator, a rent-a-quote personality. Watch his team run, and the sheer effort and determination stand out.

Weave that into your mind, and the picture presented by Kicker magazine after the semifinals sums it up: Its cover had the Champions trophy on the national flag and the words: Made in Germany.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/sports/soccer/25iht-soccer25.html?hp&_r=0
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by julioralph(m): 9:48am On May 25, 2013
I'm completely neutral.
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Iaz93: 9:54am On May 25, 2013
Afam4eva: Normally i would support the underdog which is Borrusia Dortmund but i feel for bayern considering the fact that they lost last year's final to another underdog and a tactical beried team who have brought shame to world football. I will be happy with whoever wins since it's going to stay in the Bundesliga. At least the German Bundesliga has taken the second place after the La Liga and following them is the Serie A, French league, Portugese league and the Turkish league.
LMAOO. This Afam's hatred for EPL is going out of control.
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:56am On May 25, 2013
Bayern all d way
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by powerblaze(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2013
Dortmun at full strength, is the most difficult team to play against.. They move like a tornado.. Hard to predict, difficult to stop.. Bayern, for all the amazing work, are rather easier to predict( Yea tell that to Barcelona!.. Lol)
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by boron10(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2013
For allowing us win the last CL and also humiliating the supposed best team, I'm going to support Bayern. They deserve to win this.

1 Like

Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by megaafeez: 10:18am On May 25, 2013
Gotze to miss this uefa champion league final will b a huge blow on dortmund,he is suffering 4rm groin injury.In this kind of final game,clubs do pray dat 'no causualty' in their team..To my thinking,physically nd mentally Bayerm munich are a step forward.Team spirit matters alot in football.Both team have skilled nd talented players bt am putting it forward to everyone that this uefa champions league cup will b lifted by the Bayerns...i predict the margin goal of 2 goals difference in favour of Bayerm..Most likely Bayerm 3-1 Dortmund
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by megaafeez: 10:28am On May 25, 2013
[quote author=megaafeez]Gotze to miss this uefa champion league final will b a huge blow on dortmund,he is suffering 4rm groin injury.In this kind of final game,clubs do pray dat 'no causualty' in their team..To my thinking,physically nd mentally Bayerm munich are a step forward.Team spirit matters alot in football.Both team have skilled nd talented players bt am putting it forward to everyone that this uefa champions league cup will b lifted by the Bayerns...i predict the margin goal of 2 goals difference in favour of Bayerm..Most likely Bayerm 3-1 Dortmund[If everyone thinks the same thing,someone is nt thinking..]
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Chimerase(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2013
fredoooooo:

Chinedu no be you dey sell okirika for yaba ? grin grin
wil u sharrapu der nu, dey dn text u E-slap before..no be only chinedu na shiwedu ni cheesycheesycheesygrin
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by timbros(m): 10:31am On May 25, 2013
For the first time in some years, i'm going to watch a Champions League final in a COMPLETELY relaxed moodsmiley ... May the better side on the night win.

But for the fun of it, BVB all the way!!

#TeamBVB
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by tonididdy(m): 10:34am On May 25, 2013
team dortmund baybay
Re: Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich - UCL Final (1 - 2) On 25th May 2013 by Odunharry(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2013
Dortmund ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

Champions League: How Ronaldo Reacted After Juventus Loss To Man Utd / Manchester City Vs PSG UCL (2 - 0) On 4th May 2021 / Funny Memes From The European Cup Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.