Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States (73685 Views)

Naming In Urhobo Culture: Meanings And Significance / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings / Igbo Names & Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by pawesome(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2013
dude,u neva stop chop food 4 benue b dt o...d only place u get filld up wit 100 box...F.B.I (full blooded idoma)....proudly benue ;Ddude,u neva stop chop food 4 benue b dt o...d only place u get filld up wit 100 box...F.B.I (full blooded idoma)....proudly benue
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 19, 2013
adaobi123: Anambra kwenu ! cool
otua!! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Mafun: 11:23pm On May 19, 2013
Good work my dear. More grace and inspiration.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by DollyParton1(f): 11:27pm On May 19, 2013
m.esther96:
ise ya ise ya
omo ogun
ise ya.........i rep ogun
nursery skul-ogun
primary skul-ogun
secondary skul-ogun
uni-ogun.egba lawa ooo
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Okay try to comot Ogun for your nysc...
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Obijulius: 1:26am On May 20, 2013
jerrywool: [size=28pt]@OP, Any 3yr old can correctly predict your tribe from this post.
You went further to justify thier slogans.
[/size]

That's normal on Nairaland!!! As long as that tribe is involved.

Thanks for noticing and speaking the truth.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Proxy001(m): 2:41am On May 20, 2013
"Heartbeat forever".... proudly Edolite

1 Like

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by naptu2: 3:43am On May 20, 2013
Rivers State (1967-1970)
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Solozzo(m): 5:22am On May 20, 2013
b0dnel: OP,
these are old slogans na...
for e.g DELTA STATE is now the Finger of God

reference: http://www.governoruduaghan.org/news_fetcher.php?fid=446

Lies, lies!!
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Tinyemeka(m): 5:58am On May 20, 2013
ayobase:

16. IMO STATE (Eastern Heartbeat).....yeah right....Junior sister to Edo!

This wonderful state is named after the Imo River (Imo Mmiri). Its main tributaries are the Otamiri (a very important river in the state too)and the Njaba, Ulasi, Oramirukwa rivers. According to some, there is a deity (alusi) who owns the river (provides water for fishing, transport and agriculture) and there is a festival for the goddess between May and July during which it overflows its banks. Imo Mmiri is also considered a goddess of fertility and is particularly respected in the Ngwa and Mbaise communities. A bridge crosses the Imo River to connect Rivers State and Akwa Ibom. One of the biggest rivers in Igboland, it starts from the Okigwe/Awka uplands and runs for about 240 km before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean.

Point of correction.

Imo is the Eastern Heartland. Not heartbeat.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by aquabeing: 7:14am On May 20, 2013
Sheenor: OMO OSUN AWADA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awa omoluabi
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Jossylard2(m): 8:16am On May 20, 2013
Nice write up though but Osun aint 'state of the living spring' again.Its now 'land of virtue'......repping #osun
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2013
Omanbala.....onye aburo ona ebe ! s

1 Like

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by kliffo(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2013
ABIA STATE (God's Own State)....Which one come be Devil's own state?

As many might have guessed (yelz…lol), Abia is an acronym derived from the name of the four main groups of people in the state as at the time it was formed in 1991. These were the: Aba, Bende, Isuikwuato and Afikpo. Former Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu (hin too dey talk joor) is from Bende while Lambert Ndukwe, one of the richest men in Nigeria in the 50s (he imported stockfish from Northern European nations like Norway and exported cotton back) was from Isuikwato. Afikpo now belongs to Ebonyi State and as for Aba, we all know berra…lol! Okay, let’s roll!

Abia state was derived from the 1st two letters of Aba senatorial zone and the last two letters of Umuahia senatorial zone of the Old Imo state that combined to form Abia state and not the local governments listed above.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by ibiso1986: 9:29am On May 20, 2013
I represent rivers state.. The west african oil capital

1 Like

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by mesther96(f): 10:29am On May 20, 2013
lol.i'l try
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by DrSadikMagaji(m): 10:46am On May 20, 2013
KEBBI(kabawa) its not derived from d word ''Ka'abah in Mecca!!!! Kebbi or Kabawa means fishers and farmers only..ShikenaN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Harrisibor(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2013
Yea I rep. Edo state truly the heart beat of the nation

EDO STATE (Heart Beat Of The Nigeria)....Close to Delta....is it really the Heart Beat Of The Nation...it means no Nigeria without Edo aight?

Hmmmmn, Edo. Initially applied to mean the Bini people (they’ve always called themselves Edo or Iduu, after the progenitor of the Edo race) of the Benin Kingdom (which existed for about 1,000 years before the British conquered it in 1897), Edo today also means the land itself, the culture and the language. It also refers to the adjoining peoples, cultures and languages. The name appears in the royal title of the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo

1 Like

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by SANCTO: 12:39pm On May 20, 2013
BA- BRASS YE- YENAGOA AND SA- SAGBAMA. BAYELSA IS A COMBINATION OF THESE THREE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS FROM OLD RIVERS STATE.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 20, 2013
cool cool
odumchi: Proudly representing Abia State. Umu Abia anyi, ndaa inyi? cool

Aro mmammanu!
Ngwa birinu!
Ibeku Umuahia muonu!
Bende rienu!
Ndoki zuonu!
Ohafia na Abiriba kaanu!
Isuikwuato bukaanu!

Cho Cho Cho, Abia kwe un, zuo nu ,rie nu, nuo nu!!!

1 Like

Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 20, 2013
Blackgold09: Proudly Cross Riverian
Your profile pix says it all...endowed
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by TheKingsQueen: 2:50pm On May 20, 2013
Point of Correction, IMO STATE is EASTERN HEARTLAND not Heartbeat.

I rep Lasgidi- The Center of Excellence
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by philc334: 2:50pm On May 20, 2013
op, u did not tell how modibo was stopped from entering Numan.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by abc13: 4:00pm On May 20, 2013
Port Harcourt things>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Always the first son, feeding the nation.
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by omoodeogere(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2013
Saintsquare: I Rep Ogun abeg
U GET MOUTH OGUN FOR LYF
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by davades(m): 5:23pm On May 20, 2013
Dunno why almost every names of our states are named after one river or the other !
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by Irritant: 5:59pm On May 20, 2013
vedd: Clear road for Edo, The Heartbeat

That na clear matter joor,OBA gha tokpere....ISE
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by delular(m): 7:05pm On May 20, 2013
I love my state: osun
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by rejoke(f): 8:03pm On May 20, 2013
I thougt nobody will mention my Delta, D Finger of God.. I still wonder why Uduagha decided to change it.. I think I like d Big heart better
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by ayobase(m): 7:17pm On May 21, 2013
jerrywool: [size=28pt]@OP, Any 3yr old can correctly predict your tribe from this post.
You went further to justify thier slogans.
[/size]

I could only talk about what I know best.....its not what u think!

I'm sorry if it meant otherwise to u.....u INDEED read through!
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by ayobase(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2013
booqee: Saw it on iyaniwura's website long time ago. Wonder what he'll have to say when he finds out you took this from his website

Like "iyaniwura" wasn't recognised after all. Does it like it was stolen.....To God be the Glory that u have seen it before!

Naptu.....thanks so much for the colour u added.....its wonderful!

Its so obvious that the only state with anthem is Ogun State, the cradle of Nigeria Civilization!

"Ogun State Anthem

Ise ya a
Ise ya a a
Ise ya a a
Omo Ogun
ise ya a
Olodumare ise ma ya o e e
Ise ya

Enyin omo Ogun e se giri
Ise po fun wa lati se e e
Omo rere ki isa se e
Omo Ogun ki i s’o le e
Ebere gb’eru o o
Olorun mbe fun wa
E tera mose o oIse ya

Omo Ogun ise ya a"
Re: The Slogans, Meanings And Histories Of The 36 States by ayobase(m): 7:35pm On May 21, 2013
Obijulius:

That's normal on Nairaland!!! As long as that tribe is involved.

Thanks for noticing and speaking the truth.

What's racial about this matter now!
Always reading meaning into what its not!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okunade Sijuwade, The Ooni Of Ife Is Dead / Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Biography, Age, Ooni Of Ife Prophetess Wife / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.