Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" (8079 Views)

Massive Fuel Imports Continue As Refineries Fail / Fuel Scarcity To Continue As Importers Run Out Of Bank Credit!! / APC Plans Fresh Offensive To Regain Control Of National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Nobody: 11:49am On May 19, 2013
"As long as it takes" "what ever it takes". I love those phrases.

Fresh Air!
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Nobody: 11:54am On May 19, 2013
I really feel like punching Kerry.
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Biafradiplomat: 12:10pm On May 19, 2013
oddy4real:
ok
SMH at you, you quoted the whole statement just to say 'ok' odikwa egwu.
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Chekitaut: 12:25pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by OuchDaddy(m): 12:41pm On May 19, 2013
oddy4real:
ok
i tried...

Biliv me, i did tried....

To.....

Stop u.......

From.......

Displaying.......

Your

foolishness!!!!
Now d whole world knws ur secret!!!!...biko, Must u Quote the whole tread just to say 'Ok'.. Anu! @topic... US should let JTF be biko, wen Boko-Haram killed all those innocent civilians through Bomb-Blast, why didn't de send an advocate to the militants, or help us identify their location through numerous Youtube videos posted by the sect..! Now the whole world is turning on what's happening in d north!!..I say, Kill em all....any1 still resident at those locations where boko-haram camp is located shouldn't be considered Innocent! *sighs
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Oshuxjudd: 12:50pm On May 19, 2013
Crotalus: Its silly to think a deployment of the military can bring peace to the region. America, with its frightful military machinery, have been in Afghanistan for a decade now yet the fighting has not stopped.
Boko Haram are not a regular army. What happens if they up the ante and deploy their suicide bombers in the six geo political zones and bombs start going off in Lagos, Abuja or Prot Harcout. Let's not forget their possibly affiliated to Al Qaeda, Al Shabab and the Taliban. Would we declare a state of emergency in the entire country? Highly unlikely!
In my opinion, this use of force against an asymmetrical force is wrongheaded. I don not believe Boko Haram are faceless. Too many of their operatives - both high and low ranking - have been arrested for that. Intelligence and a targeted approach should be used, like what the US is doing in Yemen with its drone strikes.
I am compelled to address your warped thinking. The US is not fighting terrorists on it's own territory if they had to they would go all out. Do you even understand the concept of treason? ! Drone strikes indeed! Shebi you will build d drones. Who gives a f**k if they are affiliated to Lucifer himself?
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2013
Crotalus: Its silly to think a deployment of the military can bring peace to the region. America, with its frightful military machinery, have been in Afghanistan for a decade now yet the fighting has not stopped.
Boko Haram are not a regular army. What happens if they up the ante and deploy their suicide bombers in the six geo political zones and bombs start going off in Lagos, Abuja or Prot Harcout. Let's not forget their possibly affiliated to Al Qaeda, Al Shabab and the Taliban. Would we declare a state of emergency in the entire country? Highly unlikely!
In my opinion, this use of force against an asymmetrical force is wrongheaded. I don not believe Boko Haram are faceless. Too many of their operatives - both high and low ranking - have been arrested for that. Intelligence and a targeted approach should be used, like what the US is doing in Yemen with its drone strikes.
Coward approach

1 Like

Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 19, 2013
oddy4real:
ok
So you quote this long storey for just OK. Quit taking igboh, it is bad for ur health
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Afroconnect: 5:24pm On May 19, 2013
Can we stop concerning ourselves with what America think-amercan police kill citizens everyday for no just cause-during the occupy wall street American citizens were forcefuly taken off the streets.
America invaded Iraq on a false premise of weapons of mass destruction killing over a million civilians and destroying homes,business and the Nation
Kerry hut the Bleep up-if United Naion was not America's babya-why is Bush and Blair still moving freely,they should be in jail.
America and Amnest can only talk to Nations that treat them with oo much respect.I think its high time our Government seeks a better deal in our trade engagements with America.
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by Afroconnect: 5:32pm On May 19, 2013
You are fool if you think America's aim was to bring peace to the Nation of Afghanistan,if you follow global politics you will know better-America simply went into Afghanistan to exact revenge and they do not care less what it takes to inflict some degree of pains and damage on their enemies.
No one can stop your islamic terrorism cos its part of your religion,but what will be dumb of us as a people is to watch while boko haram kill Nigerians and map out their own kingdoms in our territorial space.
The plans of terrorists muslims have failed-or where were you and your dumb fellows when boko haram rejected the amnesty and kept on killing christians.your plans has failed,go and join them to start planting your own bombs everywheree,its not mouth.
If they could,they would.
Boko haram are dumb cows.
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by rayedge: 11:54pm On May 19, 2013
cogitoErgo: My problm is not how long it takes but the peace of neighouring peaceful states. What is government doing to ensure dat neighouring states are not infiltrated by BH?
The fact in issue is that bh live amongst the people and the people give them a cover. So the people can choose not to harbour them anymore. And bh will be extinct.
Re: Army's Offensive To Continue "As Long As It Takes" by JAJIKAMI: 11:47am On May 20, 2013
ideylaff: Political Hullabalooo, they are quenching some monster they created behind the scenes to give credence to Mr President... Like America going to war a year b4 elections..weve seen it all b4

Why has Boko not had any real proper Power and influential Goverment target since.... LOL.

na so so poor people den dey kill since....

Whoz fooling who.....?

Just 2 days and dey are saying they are seeing results on Boko... very funny a movement they created /
has bn running for years just quelled within 1 week like that. Doyin Okupe must be a joker sha....

If they could do this why allow them to grow and do us so much damage over the last few years..

Boko is an internal creation by them, GBAMK, they grew out of hand just like Massob and d past militants dey had to buy their arms off them back in d days for money/amnesty.

Im not fooled even if others are fooled....

I know Nigeria well enough....

Field marshal Doyin Okupe is now reporting war front success as if the people on ground have filed a security report withing 2 days or is it a week of Stste of Emergency

what is the National Security Adviser doing... drinking beer or what?

What a bunch of liars, deceitful and jokers they all are
2 years ago they told us same lies like this... this is now 2013 and they suddenly have woken up from their slumber after needless blood/lives have bn shed.....GOD will judge them all

....https://www.nairaland.com/762912/nigeria-chad-niger-set-launch....

NIGERIAN MILITARY NO MORE THE NATION DEFENDERS..

1. THE NIGERIAN MILITARY TURNED INTO POLITICAL CHARLATANS OF GEJ ADMINISTRATION
2. BY USING THEM AS A TOOL TO ACHIEVE HIS DEVILISH AGENDAS UNABATED.
3. HARASSING, KILLING INNOCENT NIGERIAN IN A SIMPLE BID TO CURVE INSURGENCY (BH) CREATED BY SAME MAN TO ACHIEVE THIS AGENDA.
4. UNPROFESSIONAL APPROACH BY THE MILITARY TO TACKLE SMALL BUT ELUSIVE TARGETS LIKE BH GUERRILLA FIGHTERS

LONG LIVE NIGERIA

(1) (2) (Reply)

MEND Claims Responsibility For Warri Refinery Fire Outbreak / Reps Summon Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Others Over Stolen Pension Funds / This Is The Guy They Called Peter Obi's Son(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.