Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

My First Ever Painting. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My First Ever Painting. (2510 Views)

Hi Guys Here Is A Digital Painting Of Dija / 15 Awesome Floor Painting Illusion That'll Shock You / Some Amazing Body Painting pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Ever Painting. by malign(m): 1:29pm On May 19, 2013
So, sometime last month, I decided to buy canvases, some paint, brushes and an easel, and began to paint.

This was the first painting I ever did. Give me your criticisms.

Also, seeing as how I'll be coming to Nigeria soon, I wondered about the best places to go to buy acrylics, and canvases in Abuja. Are there any communities tailored to this specific sort of art?

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Painting. by dddaaayyyooo(m): 9:17am On May 21, 2013
You rili tried, God job by U, keep it Up

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Painting. by Kslib(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2013
malign: So, sometime last month, I decided to buy canvases, some paint, brushes and an easel, and began to paint.

Also, seeing as how I'll be coming to Nigeria soon, I wondered about the best places to go to buy acrylics, and canvases in Abuja. Are there any communities tailored to this specific sort of art?
Guy,one word "YOU'RE FREAKING bleeping GOOD"..

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Painting. by AKO1(m): 11:00am On May 21, 2013
It's quite good!

Have you had any art training, short course etc or considered it? I think you should.
Re: My First Ever Painting. by malign(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2013
A_K_O: It's quite good!

Have you had any art training, short course etc or considered it? I think you should.

No training whatsoever, I'll be in Nigeria soon, are there any I should look at?
Re: My First Ever Painting. by AKO1(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2013
malign:

No training whatsoever, I'll be in Nigeria soon, are there any I should look at?

Unfortunately I don't know any place specifically. But in my experience, getting formal training in your hobby makes you much, much better.

1 Like

Re: My First Ever Painting. by Onegai(f): 12:20pm On May 24, 2013
Hello. Well done on that. I'm also a hobby painter (watercolourist) and most of the art scene is in Lagos and the south. ArtWorld is a store that sells good art materials (and expensive), I've gotten Reeves acrylics from them, they've got better brands as well. Canvas can be bought cheaply in Lagos too, then we've got art studios. Hit me up on nry258@hotmail.com
Re: My First Ever Painting. by Onegai(f): 12:26pm On May 24, 2013
ABU Zaria is a really good art school, so maybe some of their alumni will be in Abuja. But Lagos has art shops, art galleries and classes and schools like Universal Studio of Art. Here's a watercolour sketch I did, I'll also be tutoring people in drawing (hopefully!) this summer.

2 Likes

Re: My First Ever Painting. by malign(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2013
Onegai: ABU Zaria is a really good art school, so maybe some of their alumni will be in Abuja. But Lagos has art shops, art galleries and classes and schools like Universal Studio of Art. Here's a watercolour sketch I did, I'll also be tutoring people in drawing (hopefully!) this summer.

Very elite.
Re: My First Ever Painting. by masterpiecer(m): 8:58am On May 28, 2013
malign: So, sometime last month, I decided to buy canvases, some paint, brushes and an easel, and began to paint.

This is a very nice start as a beginner, ur sky and trees are very well done but the stream, rocks and dired grasses i guess would need improvement. I see u r naturally gifted in art, u should keep it up, apart from going to art classes u could also learn a whole lot from the internet and books, that was wat i did. Good luck bro.

2 Likes

Re: My First Ever Painting. by freecharles(m): 11:43pm On May 07, 2017
Onegai Do you know anywhere in Lagos where they offer art classes and training, please?
Re: My First Ever Painting. by freecharles(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2017
Onegai:
ABU Zaria is a really good art school, so maybe some of their alumni will be in Abuja. But Lagos has art shops, art galleries and classes and schools like Universal Studio of Art. Here's a watercolour sketch I did, I'll also be tutoring people in drawing (hopefully!) this summer.

Onegai Where is the Universal Studio of Art located please? Do you know if they still offer art classes and training? Thanks
Re: My First Ever Painting. by Onegai(f): 9:08pm On May 08, 2017
freecharles:

Where is the Universal Studio of Art located please? Do you know if they still offer art classes and training? Thanks

I don't know but it is at national arts theatre. Please contact them by going there. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This "it's Hot" / Me & Nicki Minaj Shared A Kiss / High End System Configuration For 3d Animation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.