Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. (25937 Views)

5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? / Attention All Unemployed Graduates / A Must Consider By All Unemployed Youth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by saintkash(m): 4:24pm On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Pay them for what? He should get them engaged and pay them rather than dash them money for no work done.

common let's us appreciate something good for once, a jobless graduate need cash to keep body and soul moving b4 he/she gets something doing, this is what federal government should embark on not even a state, but since rochas is doing it, fine, let's appreciate it rather than conderm it ok
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Okijajuju: 4:27pm On May 20, 2013
saint kash:

common let's us appreciate something good for once, a jobless graduate need cash to keep body and soul moving b4 he/she gets something doing, this is what federal government should embark on not even a state, but since rochas is doing it, fine, let's appreciate it rather than conderm it ok

A Jobless graduate needs to go out their and find a job or learn a trade instead of him hanging out with oloye all day at Ibari Ogwa..
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by victor2exl(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2013
what about those IMO state graduates residing outside IMO state what the provision for them in the scheme....eg Lagos, Abuja,PH,abroad etc...Pls urgent reply needed in this comment/request
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by amaralizzy40y: 4:27pm On May 20, 2013
pls i wasn't dere today what did he say, and are we stil meeting there again and when. pls sumbdy help me God go bles u thank.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 20, 2013
Misplaced priorities. If I were him, I would attract local and foreign investors to establish industries in the Imo. If he do that, he is indirectly creating jobs for the unemployed because jobs follow industries to any place. Instead he's giving out money, which will not solve the problem.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Okijajuju: 4:30pm On May 20, 2013
victor2exl: what about those IMO state graduates residing outside IMO state what the provision for them in the scheme....eg Lagos, Abuja,PH,abroad etc...Pls urgent reply needed in this comment/request

The law says 'ALL IMO STATE GRADUATES'. So all graduates that are from IMO STATE are about to enjoy allowee from the No.1 oringo Governor of the East!

May God continually Bless Rochas Okorocha and his 350kg wife.. grin
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Goddex: 4:31pm On May 20, 2013
tit: Hi All,
The United States does not pay 'unemployed graduates' or any kind of 'unemployed' nada!
However, when you are employed, you contribute to the unemployment benefit scheme.
This contribution is used to take care of unemployed workers. And what you take out of it depends on how long you have worked and how much you earned and contributed to the scheme.
If/when you get laid off, (or for some qualifying reasons become unemployed), you are eligible to cash in on unemployment benefits.
if you just quit your job or for your direct fault(like steal in the workplace), lose your job, you do not qualify.

if you never worked, you cannot benefit from this scheme.

What Rochas is proposing is unsustainable, idiotic and, worst of all, communist!

I wanted to explain this. I hope folks praising Rochas will realise the man is actually clueless and does not understand governance. The programme is unsustainable, kills drive, diminishes ingenuity and above all prone to corruption and waste. Just recently, civil servants in Imo embarked on strike over upaid entitlements. His promised free education upto tertiary level is not being implemented. 50 naira stipend to primary school pupils has been discontinued.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by iykmilo: 4:36pm On May 20, 2013
I wish the incomming governor of Anamara will emulate this.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Tinyemeka(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2013
babe_online:
interesting. And its is indeed done in some parts of the world.

Why and how come does the UK govt pay unemployment benefits?
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Tinyemeka(m): 4:40pm On May 20, 2013
Okija juju:

The law says 'ALL IMO STATE GRADUATES'. So all graduates that are from IMO STATE are about to enjoy allowee from the No.1 oringo Governor of the East!

May God continually Bless Rochas Okorocha and his 350kg wife.. grin

Very typical Anambra mentality. undecided

Ever snobbish and disdainful as ever.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Okijajuju: 4:42pm On May 20, 2013
**THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED BECAUSE IT IS OFFENSIVE TO IMO STATE PEOPLE AND THEIR 350Kg FIRST LADY**
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On May 20, 2013
Rochas wan be ACN by force o

He obviously learnt this from Ogbeni Aregbesola
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by amaralizzy40y: 4:53pm On May 20, 2013
pls when are we getin d money.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by calaway: 4:55pm On May 20, 2013
Unsustainable!!! ROCHAS is Playing to the Gallery.
while Building castles in air Rochas has not made any concrete move to provide Jobs.
Rochas must realise that any bribe he give to imo citizen belongs to them anyway. when the time comes Rochas will get what is coming to him as a confirmed Igbo traitor. MOSSOB is watching!!!

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Abagworo(m): 4:59pm On May 20, 2013
Those criticizing Rochas about industries will be stunned by the rate of industrialization Imo State will witness in a few years time. Orlu people are very wealthy and run the pharmaceutical mafia of Africa. I can bet my last Kobo that with the level of infrastructural revolution being done in Orlu by Rochas, it will experience unprecedented industrialization.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by PointB: 5:01pm On May 20, 2013
Social security is not a bad idea, but it is very important that it is well thought out and implemented. The question really is does Imo State have the money to throw at social security? And must it necessary start with unemployed graduates? Do they have the necessary infrastructure to implement this? What alternative projects have been foregone for this social security program?

That said, employing these graduate in full time government job and paying token is called - underemployement, itself a malaise. It ties them down, and limits the ability to explore other potentially better opportunities/options.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Jomark(m): 5:06pm On May 20, 2013
babe_online:
Its you that should use your brain to think. In how many places in the world do they pay jobless people?
hey! stop making ass of yourself here
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Okijajuju: 5:15pm On May 20, 2013
Abagworo: Those criticizing Rochas about industries will be stunned by the rate of industrialization Imo State will witness in a few years time. Orlu people are very wealthy and run the pharmaceutical mafia of Africa. I can bet my last Kobo that with the level of infrastructural revolution being done in Orlu by Rochas, it will experience unprecedented industrialization.

[b]You are just as mouthed as Rochas..

Over 2 years into his administration and;

- Imo State streets now have gates, but no roads.
- Imo State people enjoyed one round of AWOOF kerosene shared inside Imo State Stadium.
- 1 batch of 60 Students were sent to the U.S for a non-academic exchange programme at a very hefty cost to the government.
- Imo State secondary and Primary school pupils were paid 100 and 50 naira respectively.
- Imo State Univeristy was thrown open to all Imo State students, but no infrastructural upgrade has even been done in the school except the painting of the school gate for Imo State 2013 Government Calander picture.
- All Imo State assets have been sold to Rochas (ITC and Concorde hotel inclusive)
- Civil servants owed salary backlog of oer 9 months.
- Local government structure broken down.
- Formerly employed youths fired.
- 1 Imolite jailed for allowing the Governors convoy hit him.
- Rochas Okorochas 300Kg daughters wedding was put on National T.V Live for Imo State people all over to see.
- 1 roadside corn seller gets patronage from Rochas.
- Poor quality uncompleted roads all over the state
- 1 Freedom Squre built for Imo State indegenes to go and vent risk free from arrest.
- Imo State becomes the Kidnap capital of the East and South.

Is this what will bring the industrial boom you speak of?!

If so, then State like Akwa Ibom, Rivers State and Lagos States would join the G8 in 1 year. I can bet my last blood on it.

Ochi atogbue la'm o!!

**Hello Room service! Please bring me another half crate of smirnoff ice . This Ada Owerri means business.** [/b]

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by sage2(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2013
Lets go there.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Jomark(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2013
visalo: Rochas that is yet to pay workers salary, want to pay undergraduate? apc politics
are you from the zoo?
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by htajz: 5:25pm On May 20, 2013
what happens to thos employed ones earning little salary ? they will all claim unemployed undecided.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by htajz: 5:28pm On May 20, 2013
no wonder this owerri boy wey dey find work never come back from weekend waka grin

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by HonKontigi: 5:31pm On May 20, 2013
blink182: Haba nigeria, wetin una see. If person do una go talk, if e no do una go talk. Wetin una want? Social security na crime again.
Don't mind the nincompoops. Just a small change to go by is a crime? The unemployed were neglected in parts of the country for long and what's the result today- insecurity. Kudos Rochas.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by automophosis(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2013
How will he know those who are unemployed and those who are not? What about those of us who are Imo Youths but are living outside the state unemployed? Whatever will move us forward let him do. My appeal to the high and mighties in Imo, pls those in authority should not hijack the scheem for their private benefits. The only reservation I've with ROCHAS is this; he talks the talk, do the dos but lacks the ability to sustain it. Shuld I say he's not a Man of Continuity. Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Abagworo(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]You are just as mouthed as Rochas..

Over 2 years into his administration and;

- Imo State streets now have gates, but no roads.
- Imo State people enjoyed one round of AWOOF kerosene shared inside Imo State Stadium.
- 1 batch of 60 Students were sent to the U.S for a non-academic exchange programme at a very hefty cost to the government.
- Imo State secondary and Primary school pupils were paid 100 and 50 naira respectively.
- Imo State Univeristy was thrown open to all Imo State students, but no infrastructural upgrade has even been done in the school except the painting of the school gate for Imo State 2013 Government Calander picture.
- All Imo State assets have been sold to Rochas (ITC and Concorde hotel inclusive)
- Civil servants owed salary backlog of oer 9 months.
- Local government structure broken down.
- Formerly employed youths fired.
- 1 Imolite jailed for allowing the Governors convoy hit him.
- Rochas Okorochas 300Kg daughters wedding was put on National T.V Live for Imo State people all over to see.
- 1 roadside corn seller gets patronage from Rochas.
- Poor quality uncompleted roads all over the state
- 1 Freedom Squre built for Imo State indegenes to go and vent risk free from arrest.
- Imo State becomes the Kidnap capital of the East and South.

Is this what will bring the industrial boom you speak of?!

If so, then State like Akwa Ibom, Rivers State and Lagos States would join the G8 in 1 year. I can bet my last blood on it.

Ochi atogbue la'm o!!

**Hello Room service! Please bring me another half crate of smirnoff ice . This Ada Owerri means business.** [/b]

Either you are deliberately trying to lie or you are being sarcastic. I once decided to challenge people with pictures of finished projects in 2 years and they ran away from the debate. You need to visit Imo State to see the level of infrastructural development. Forget about these liars on Nairaland. I'm sure Rochas will display some of these to mark his 2nd year anniversary so I won't have to worry myself posting them.

No civil servant is owed salaries but workers that were laid off by the buyers of Adapalm and Concord hotel demanded for their arrears owed during Ohakims time and payment for work they did not do. This is how it was resolved

IMSG doles out N1.7b for payment of workers

Meanwhile, Imo State government has approved the release of N1.7 billion for the payment of the backlog of unpaid salaries, allowances and gratuity of workers of Imo Palm Plantation, Ohaji and Imo Concorde Hotel, Owerri.

Governor Rochas Okorocha, who announced this after a meeting with the affected workers of the two government establishments, also expressed hope that the lifeline would help in alleviating their suffering.

Scores of  aggrieved workers who thronged the Ahiajoku Convention Centre, New Owerri, were told in clear terms that the state government was not in a hurry to pay them off, especially the professionals among them.

“The professionals among Imo Palm Plantation workers would be posted to the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, where a palm plantation department would be established for them to help the state grow more palms,” Okorocha promised.

Okorocha dampened the workers’ spirit when he informed the hapless, hungry workers that the N900 million owed staff off Imo Palm Plantation and N700 million owed Concorde Hotel staff would be spread over 24 months.

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Okijajuju: 5:33pm On May 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Either you are deliberately trying to lie or you are being sarcastic. I once decided to challenge people with pictures of finished projects in 2 years and they ran away from the debate. You need to visit Imo State to see the level of infrastructural development. Forget about these liars on Nairaland. I'm sure Rochas will display some of these to mark his 2nd year anniversary so I won't have to worry myself posting them.

No civil servant is owed salaries but workers that were laid off by the buyers of Adapalm and Concord hotel demanded for their arrears owed during Ohakims time and payment for work they did not do. This is how it was resolved

So the health workers being owed over 9 months salary by Rochas which he said was his reason for flying abroad for medical check-up nko?!
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by checkdate(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2013
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Phrankin(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2013
Airforce1:

Please madam, if u know u don't have anything reasonable to contribute just click on the Like button and take a walk instead of making a fooool of yourself n here
..Thanks!

@Topic,
Weldone Gov Rochas .. May God continue to bless u and my Imo brothers and sisters... Amen!
If the pitiable dismal pismal mental gullibility of the people in this thread touches you, click like and type amen to claim it. if this program is sustained for more than one month, call me a BASCARD.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by checkdate(m): 5:49pm On May 20, 2013
is like this nairaland admins are been paid to carry false information. NO WAHALA. IF YOU SEGUN ALOW THIS KIND OF POST FROM AN unverified source THEN ANY POST HERE MUST NOT BE ACCEPTED AS 100% TRUE. in short. IS LIKE THIS NAIRALAND IS FOR RUMOUR CIRCULATION.
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by Franknigga(m): 6:02pm On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Pay them for what? He should get them engaged and pay them rather than dash them money for no work done.
akara u wan chop
Re: Rochas To Pay All Unemployed Imo Graduates Monthly Allowances. by henrysam(m): 6:04pm On May 20, 2013
U re ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Got An Invite From Workforce / Scam Mail From Omas Recruitment Agency (my Response And Theirs Too) / Nampak Cartons Nigeria Ltd Management Trainee Recruitment, September 10th 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.