Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! (541 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! by ProPastorChris(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2013
i have read so many posts on this honourable forum but i noticed a recurring error where many associate Christianity as one of the religions.

its been an error that must be corrected cos Jesus did not start another religion rather He brought to mankind the way back to his Creator:

(MKJV) Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.

Christianity is the very life of God (Zoe in Greek) made available to man thereby putting him in the God-class

2Cor. 5:17:
(MKJV) So that if any one is in Christ, that one is a new creature; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(GNB) Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come.

the life we have after the new birth is the very life God the Father has now:

1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God has given to us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son.
1Jn 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Christianity is the Way NOT a Way.

Thank you
Re: Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 19, 2013
Hallo ProPC,

Yeah, your post seems cool but one fact remains: Christianity is a religion!
Re: Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! by ProPastorChris(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2013
striktlymi: Hallo ProPC,

Yeah, your post seems cool but one fact remains: Christianity is a religion!

thanks but my point is that religion is man trying to reach or seek out God but Christianity is God searching for man.

God has given mankind what he needs to escape the destruction he has plunged himself, the ball is now in man's court to decide:

(MKJV) Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offense death reigned by one, much more they who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ.)

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men

religion brings bondage which result to ritualistic lifestyle.
Re: Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 19, 2013
^^
I do understand your point and I agree...but the fact that Christians worship God makes Christiantity a religion...
Re: Christianity Is Not One Of Your Religions! by enilove(m): 5:38pm On May 19, 2013
Christianity is a religion,even the Bible says so.

In James 1:27 "Pure RELIGION and undefiled b4 God and the Father is this,To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,& to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Verse 26 also says, "If any man among you seem to be religious, & brideth not his tongue,but deceiveth his own heart,this man's RELIGION is vain.

Religion is the service and worship of God. As long as we believe that there is a God and we try to reference Him and communicate with him in prayers,praise worship etc,we are practising religion.

Everything has a name. The name people give to our service and worshipping of God is known as religion.

It is not a sin to call Christianity a religion.
What matters is your holyness and relationship with God.

Tomorrow the world may call it another name. It does not matter,it is our knowledge of God that is most important.
Today d world sees Christianity as a religion and James also called it a religion,so be it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pidgin English Bible To Be Lanched In Warri Today / Gem Of The Day: Astonishing Miracle About The Human “tailbone” / Ancient Of Days ALONE Should Be Worshipped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.