Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram (10722 Views)

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Abdulsalami, Former Head Of State Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Maxymilliano(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2013
Renowned American Rights Activist, Rev. Jesse Jackson has thrown his weight behind the Federal Government decision to offer amnesty to Boko Haram sect.

He described the move as a deliberate step to end insecurity in the country.

According to him, the amnesty offer must be open and honored, and implemented to include economic restitution and inclusion of destroyed Christian and Muslim structures in affected Northern parts of the country.

Rev. Jesse Jackson, in an interview in Yenagoa said the amnesty being offered by the President Goodluck Jonathan administration must be made to work and the conditions fully honoured.

“The amnesty must involve the economic restitution, the jobs and the training. On the other hand, within the United States, when there was civil unrest, there was a kind of state of emergency. But I hope the country will soon get back away from the battle field and get to the negotiation table.
In the end, it will be the bargaining table. It is not the battle field that wins victory. You can not battle forever.”

“You can bargain and resolve the conflict in the North. That why I believe so much in non-violence. Non-violence does not mean fear but courage, thinking and it means the ability to figure it out and fight it out.

“You must have the ability to resolve conflict and not fight aggressively. It must not resolve into killing and being killed. You see, the United States was blessed five years ago when Barrack Obama became the President. Because America overcame, for the first time, a kind of ethnic tribalism.

We choose a candidate whose values and vision transcended racial hidden agenda.

“We live our faith under the law. We need to have a strong bite of laws that will protect us against the violation of our democratic rights. And I can say to you that most of the struggle in the Niger Delta and the ones between Christian and Muslims in the North should be solved with fairer distribution of available resources.

“The amnesty being proposed in Nigeria is hoped to have included the rebuilding of mosques and churches destroyed by insurgents. It is a sign of goodwill that will promote coexistence. We must choose to coexist because we have learn to stay apart and the insurgency have given us a harder lesson to live better and together.

“I just wanted to live the matter to be deliberated as an internal matter by Nigerians. Nigerians have many religions like the Christians, Muslims, the Buddhists and others. This is what make Nigeria rich.

They are multi-religious and multi-cultural.

It is also made up of many states and many resources. That is what makes the nation great and I hope everyone will appreciate the status of the country. And should, in our angry moments be part of the big family. I have seen some cases in America with such huge tensions as being witnessed by Nigeria. Some parts of America threatened to break away but Lincoln did not allow it.”

“He resisted succession. Just like the Biafrans some years ago. That was a resistance to succession. In 1960 during the Kennedy election, he had 110,000 votes less than his opponent, but there was tension, no threat of succession because they chooses the country more than their ambition.

“In 2000, Al Gore had more votes that Bush and after the count Bush won. Gore considered national interest above personal interest. Some of us makes the nation a greater sacrifice. Some make sacrifice with pains and emotions. The politicians spin Nigeria should make a greater sacrifice.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/rev-jesse-jackson-backs-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by mcevans1(m): 12:03am On May 20, 2013
Please Sir! Kindly take your sermon elsewhere because we don't need it.

36 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:04am On May 20, 2013
Jesse Jackson is still pimping around the world with his fake sermons, ol'opportunistic knee-grow. I'm surprised he didn't bring permed up Al Sharpton with him. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Afam4eva(m): 12:07am On May 20, 2013
Jesse jackson does not understand the idiosyncrasies of NIgeria, so he's speaking ignorantly. Has anyone told him that bokoharam is a terrorist group with no identifiable grouse whatsoever? if they deserve amnesty then every Nigerian deserves amnesty because i don't see how their problems are unique to the problem of every other Nigeria. he should stick to discussing tea party issues and leave Nigeria out of his ignorant sermons.

9 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by chelseabmw(m): 12:09am On May 20, 2013
PASTOR PLS FOCUS ON UR MEMBERS AND LEAVE GOVERNMENT ISSUES ALONE undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by ayobase(m): 12:09am On May 20, 2013
Even America wouldn't negotiate with a terrorist....he meant well, but idea not bought...we also don't negotiate with terrorist!

4 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Vansnickers: 12:10am On May 20, 2013
shymexx: Jesse Jackson is still pimping around the world with his fake sermons, ol'opportunistic knee-grow. I'm surprised he didn't bring permed up Al Sharpton with him. undecided

LOL, you took those Words right out of my Mouth. Al Sharpton and Rev Jackson are two people that want to be relevant by force. Even Al Sharpton's show on MSNBC is Bullsh!t.

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:10am On May 20, 2013
Wtf is this pastor saying? He should keep his sermon to himself. He clearly does not understand the magnitude of the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nuzo1(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2013
Just like the Jerry curl Rev Sharpton, Rev. Jackson is fast becoming a nuisance to the African American community.
They are being cajoled on every comedy skit for their undue defence and support on anything black. Good or bad.

Farakan still have some strong logic to back up some of his claims sometimes.
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:12am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers:

LOL, you took those Words right out of my Mouth. Al Sharpton and Rev Jackson are two people that want to be relevant by force. Even Al Sharpton's show on MSNBC is Bullsh!t.

They're both opportunists and they have been pimping black people since the civil rights movement ended. grin

However, he did raise a few points. But I just don't rate the man.

Perhaps, this is where I need to apply "listen to the message and not the messenger." wink
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by HARDEYLEKE(m): 12:13am On May 20, 2013
na dem knw..
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:13am On May 20, 2013
ayobase: Even America wouldn't negotiate with a terrorist....he meant well, but idea not bought...we also don't negotiate with terrorist!

Not true sir. America always negotiates with terrorists when there is an intersection of interests - the Taliban (in Afghanistan) can be considered one of several notable examples.

4 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by sakaguchi(m): 12:14am On May 20, 2013
OLD NEWS!!!
Nobody is talking about amnesty again O! Sabi sabi Reverend, What we are talking about now is BOMB the ISLAMIST.......and that's what we are doing!!!

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Leopantro: 12:15am On May 20, 2013
Silence is the best answer....
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Vansnickers: 12:20am On May 20, 2013
shymexx:

They're both opportunists and they have been pimping black people since the civil rights movement ended. grin

However, he did raise a few points. But I just don't rate the man.

Perhaps, this is where I need to apply "listen to the message and not the messenger." wink

Same here. The Black society does not need individuals like this.
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Janiobi(m): 12:21am On May 20, 2013
this guy dey talk, if i was present wen he day talk all dis story, i for stone am garri 4 face. shey na until all d christians wey day naija die finish b4 him go learn say boko no want peace wit 9ja? abeg someboby send me this idiot number make i blast am...
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:26am On May 20, 2013
Sorry Mr JJ cuz boko haram won't be needing the amnesty again.let them die so Nigeria can remain in peace besides Nigeria is over-populated so nobody is going to miss some bunch of fuckingmorons who enjoy killing innocent people.
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by kelvincombo: 12:28am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers:

Same here. The Black society does not need individuals like this.

hhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Finecat(m): 12:32am On May 20, 2013
Jesse Jackson needs to stfu! and go back home and try to fix the disfunctional black Ghettos and hoods in America. If he's such a good problem solver, he should start from his black communities in America or fix his son (Jesse Jackson Jr.) going to Prison in August for fraud in Illinois. I guess he's looking for money again like he did when Abacha and IBB were in Govt. OLE!
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:33am On May 20, 2013
His is highly welcome to come lead delegates that would propose amnesty to the boko harams. And probably give them a sermon too...
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Forzap: 12:36am On May 20, 2013
WTF!we say no to amnesty 4 RAMS!
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by ayobase(m): 12:42am On May 20, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Not true sir. America always negotiates with terrorists when there is an intersection of interests - the Taliban (in Afghanistan) can be considered one of several notable examples.

U only mentioned one....USA is know with NO NEGOTIATION with the terrorist!

So, u r simply suggesting we negotiate with the Boko Harams aight?
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by lacasa: 12:46am On May 20, 2013
He must be a Boko sympathiser too, infact isn't he an APC chieftain
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Nobody: 12:48am On May 20, 2013
JESSE RAINBOW COALITION JACKSON grin

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by bootlegaz: 12:54am On May 20, 2013
Jesse jackson's life is full of drama like Jerry springer' s show guest. He is a hybrid hypcrite that could not keep his house in order and also the stuff between his legs. grin grin dude has a child outside his marriage and he is telling us about morality? Nigeria is now a magic circus show, where every clown comes to show their talents.....smh

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by gothrones(m): 1:01am On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Jesse jackson does not understand the idiosyncrasies of NIgeria, ...

No human on earth understands the idiosyncrasies of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by bidexolumanish(m): 1:07am On May 20, 2013
warefa,i dey calabar dey chop my garri nd afang soup jeje,anything wey any pastor talk na jingle nd i no buy am nd anyhow wey dem like make dem kill dos cow wey no want western education e no consine me,ma own be say make dem stil dey transport dos ata rodo,tatase,tomato nd onions make i dy use tidy my soup.

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by bootlegaz: 1:16am On May 20, 2013
bidexolumanish: warefa,i dey calabar dey chop my garri nd afang soup jeje,anything wey any pastor talk na jingle nd i no buy am nd anyhow wey dem like make dem kill dos cow wey no want western education e no consine me,ma own be say make dem stil dey transport dos ata rodo,tatase,tomato nd onions make i dy use tidy my soup.
Nigger you are eating Garri at midnight in Nigeria? You must be one unhealthy black man.....lol

1 Like

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Vansnickers: 1:26am On May 20, 2013
bootlegaz:
Nigger you are eating Garri at midnight in Nigeria? You must be one unhealthy black man.....lol

LMAO!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by tellwisdom: 1:33am On May 20, 2013
Michael jackson again?? angry
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Ndipe(m): 1:39am On May 20, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]Jesse Jackson is still pimping around the world with his fake sermons, ol'opportunistic knee-grow. I'm surprised he didn't bring permed up Al Sharpton with him. undecided[

They are no longer close friends, that's what I read.
Re: Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram by Originalsly: 1:42am On May 20, 2013
Nuzo':
Just like the Jerry curl Rev Sharpton, Rev. Jackson is fast becoming a nuisance to the African American community.
They are being cajoled on every comedy skit for their undue defence and support on anything black. Good or bad.

Farakan still have some strong logic to back up some of his claims sometimes.
Al Sharpton is a nuisance to the African American community? Tell that to the families of Abadou Diallo and so many others who have been gunned down by the police.If it weren't for Al Sharpton the very media you believe in would have made so many believe tbey were gang members...criminals. Continue tuning in to your subtly racists programmes and before long you will be trying to join the Ku Klux Klan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Done Well As Police IG — Idris / President Buhari Condoles Victims Of Attacks In Kaduna, Plateau, Sokoto / Nora Daduut: Plateau’s Support For Tinubu Will Be Captivating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.