Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies (26525 Views)

Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / BREAKING NEWS: 2015: President Jonathan Relocates Children Abroad / Nigerian Parents Warn Children Abroad: Slow Down On Islamic Activities For Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by babaowo: 4:04pm On May 20, 2013
Afam4eva: He told them what they wanted to hear. Follow this man's words at your own peril. I'm actually surprised that this man is still roaming free when he should have been locked up for killing Nigerians on roads he failed to fix during his tenure as works minister.
..... addition to your post, ....this man called ogunlewe tared road to his gate at igbogbo in ikorodu and refused to go further because his neighbor are from opposition parties, he collected contract to fix ishagamu to lagos road in ikorodu, and he didn't do nada,the cause many avoc,,many accident and this make people stoned him at 1 occasion like that at same road he rufused to tare. those Nigeria rulers are animals in human form.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by omodapson(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2013
Who is fooling who? Anyone that falls for this can fall for anything. My next door neighbour who barely makes 5 million naira per annum can still boast of sending his son to a university in UK without stressing himself out.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by femliany(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2013
some old men can lie.......how much e spend wey make am dey regret?jona go dey happy now
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by 1025: 4:57pm On May 20, 2013
v love:

I really wonder why everyone should always make a remark, PLS IF U HAVE NOTHING IMPORTANT TO ADD WHILE DONT U JUST READ D STORY AND CLICK ON LIKE

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. laugh wan finish me here.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by babsjnr(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2013
i hope seye ogunlewe jnr dey hear wetin him papa dey talk
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2013
Can this man just shut up?
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by wwwkaycom(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2013
bamosagie: Sorry to ask , when did FG reduce fees of federal university?
I don't know o, can anyone in the house help?
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by NovusHomo(m): 5:30pm On May 20, 2013
Ok, great. Can you now refund the stolen public funds spent on uour children's miseducation?
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by addicted268(f): 5:53pm On May 20, 2013
cyril83: *throws stone from one corner and Hits his forehead gbozzz!, d old glutton falls down and nobody cares to rush him to d hospital* Mehn how i wish i could achieve my aim on this baskaard.
if you achieve your aim now,his ghost will come out and tell us how he regrets going for medical check-ups abroad when he was alive! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by raymondinc(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2013
Ogunlewe! Ogunlewe! What have we done to you this time around? What! What! Have you forgotten that you can fool some people but you can't fool all the people all the time! Mind your big and pompkin mouth, you can't deceive us. A day shall come when you shall dance to the very beat of your own drum. Punkass shit face of a matherfucking sonofabitch! Bleep you OGUNLEWE.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by Fhowe: 6:00pm On May 20, 2013
This [man's son was my course mate back in unilag so I wonder what this man is talking about .who is deceiving who
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 20, 2013
babaowo: ..... addition to your post, ....this man called ogunlewe tared road to his gate at igbogbo in ikorodu and refused to go further because his neighbor are from opposition parties, he collected contract to fix ishagamu to lagos road in ikorodu, and he didn't do nada,the cause many avoc,,many accident and this make people stoned him at 1 occasion like that at same road he rufused to tare. those Nigeria rulers are animals in human form.

And this same man is now a pro chancellor of a uni?
Useless country
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by mediainspired: 6:11pm On May 20, 2013
Purely a political statement! It's simply becos he was at a programme organised by a Nigerian university.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by andyanders: 6:45pm On May 20, 2013
Too bad from a man who never achieved anything for his people and coming out here to say he regrets sending his children abroad.Was it not the stolen money he got that he used in sending his children abroad and since he was removed and had no where to steal from, he is now shouting and talking as if he is a good man.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by lernah: 7:14pm On May 20, 2013
Thank GOD say one of dem crazy money eatin politicians don get sense. Arbi u think say 2 sch overseas na beans nd garri?
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by idupaul: 7:30pm On May 20, 2013
Make una de here blame all una generational problems on Ogunlewe ..the man has said something true and yall here castigating .. We spend too much money goning abroad to school only to come back and start struggling for Jobs in the same country we hate so much and always have an escapist attitude towards , when school is bad we run out to school and when we come back we join the same system and continue to rot up the place without acting or proffering any solution. The annoying thing is that we keep gifting these foriegn countries with so much money in the name of Transportation , feeding, accommodation and tuition yet when we finish we jump on the next jet to come to the rotten country to compete for non existent Jobs with people who schooled locally here.

Its time we. Throwaway the escapist Ideas and start becoming agent of change .. If U think foriegn education makes a diff then when U come home please prove it by adding value and innovation to the system and not regular things the so called poorly educated local graduates do .
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by tucker12(m): 7:48pm On May 20, 2013
I dislike people like Ex- minister talking... Imagine!!! as if the kids were not living larger than life!!! I mean brandishing all kinds of luxuries cucons around Ogudu and rocking the clubs. Today the kids are well positioned and his now talking blue trash..... Pls Pls people should use cottonwood and block their ears. angry angry angry angry
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by shaqoloye(m): 7:58pm On May 20, 2013
lie lie lie.....this man come frm my town in ikorodu, lagos state he stay in ojudu estate near ojota, all na lie....naija i hail
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by Mamacita007(f): 9:29pm On May 20, 2013
Nonsense comment. My father will never regret a dime spent on my head IJN. He can't even tell us why he regrets it. Maybe all his children are useless.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by Nobody: 6:19am On May 21, 2013
Well, it's possible. Many people erroneously bliv that once they study ANY COURSE in ANY UK UNIVERSITY, they suddenly become like hot cake which most employers are fighting for. Unfortunately it is not like that. In Nigeria to get a job, you need either of 3 things 1. Experience 2. Connection 3. Favour of God. You finished with a 3rd class in igbenedion. Just because you studied finance Post graduate at University of Bedfordshire doesn't mean I'll employ you over somene with 2.1 in finance in U.I and who has ACCA in view.

I personally wouldn't go for any PG program in the UK (or anywhere for that matter) except it is a fully funded scholarship or my parents are EXTREMELY wealthy. Cost benefit ratio of PG courses (particularly those from the UK) isn't has high as some people assume it to be.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by AjanleKoko: 8:25am On May 21, 2013
12 inches!:
Well, it's possible. Many people erroneously bliv that once they study ANY COURSE in ANY UK UNIVERSITY, they suddenly become like hot cake which most employers are fighting for. Unfortunately it is not like that. In Nigeria to get a job, you need either of 3 things 1. Experience 2. Connection 3. Favour of God. You finished with a 3rd class in igbenedion. Just because you studied finance Post graduate at University of Bedfordshire doesn't mean I'll employ you over somene with 2.1 in finance in U.I and who has ACCA in view.

I personally wouldn't go for any PG program in the UK (or anywhere for that matter) except it is a fully funded scholarship or my parents are EXTREMELY wealthy. Cost benefit ratio of PG courses (particularly those from the UK) isn't has high as some people assume it to be.

Ol boy.
You sure you are a Nigerian? People go slaughter you on this forum for this comment oh grin cheesy
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by Akanbiedu(m): 9:29am On May 21, 2013
12 inches!:

So no be only me sharp for Naija.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by authenticblack: 11:44am On May 21, 2013
Nigeria Leaders are fond of regreting after they have done what they have to do. Abeg leave matter for Matias grin
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by zomby(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2013
It would have been better if he had the common sense to advise everyone, including the rich and the poor in the country to embrace education in Nigeria simply because it is the only way the standard could be empowered and yield a brighter future.
But this dude is just like the rest, his only focus is on money and nothing else.

I wonder what he would be saying if he could still afford to continue to send his children to school in abroad.

It is clear that majority of our leaders in this country thinks with their foot.
Leadership remains our number 1 issue in Nigeria.
Re: Ex-Minister Regrets Sending Children Abroad For Studies by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 21, 2013
Our universities are not bad as you guys think. I attended a public nigerian university(FUTO) and chika chukwumerije(son of a senator) was my coursemate then, and many students from wealthy families are also studying in nigerian universities too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK / PDP Crisis: What PDP Governors Discussed With Jonathan - Fayose / Bishop Naga Mohammed: Shettima Released ₦210m To Rebuild Churches In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.