Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m (37428 Views)

Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs / Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Nobody: 9:22am On May 20, 2013
600 million gini In fact, the branch manager of the bank where he opened the account and do most of his transactions should be arrested and interrogated immediately because he too, and some other bank staff, must know some secrets...that's if they truly want to nab the actual perpetrators though.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Nobody: 9:27am On May 20, 2013
Junk news. . . Trying to shift our attention from the ball as usual.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by chaloner(m): 9:29am On May 20, 2013
Hahahahha big aunt can u bliv dis trashh....hahah poverty is not gud my big aunt ...plss remind Dem how much we destroyed jus for child dedication.... Chaiiii N 600m is a change na......cnt stop lauging ....

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by dmostcheerful(f): 9:30am On May 20, 2013
Olucheye: 600m with an Orange seller?? He should have been shot in the knee cap or ankle! He'll confess right away about where he got the money from.

Great job from the Nigerian Army so far!
trust the nigerian army nah, he wil be tortured till he say somfin!
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Parnassuss(m): 9:32am On May 20, 2013
oyb: Who is this man lying to? Why is the bank involved not named? 600 million in 3 months through a individual account and no red flags?

And our highly paid orange seller spy has no name?

Abegi. Fight bh, but dont give us bizarre stories.

Bros think about it, IF NO RED FLAGS WERE RAISED HOW WAS THE ORANGE SELLER CAUGHT? Did the army just stand and start looking everybody in the face to see if they'd show signs of Boko Haram allegiance? Abeg credit people with some intelligence if you don't want to use yours
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by ITbomb(m): 9:35am On May 20, 2013
Okija juju: 600 million?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

OKAY!! Let me think out loud here for a second.... So if 600million passed through his account in 3 months, shouldnt the money be easy to trace back to its origin? undecided
Someone must have deposited the money in his account. How about they trace back to the day of the deposit, what bank, what name, was it in cheque or cash.

Too many unanswered questions..

this story sounds like a lie.

** Waiter, abeg come substitute this two empty bottle of Star **

We are working on that, dont expect the Intelligence Chief to tell you on national dailies the progress made in tracing the money , when the end point is reach and it is safe, it will be made public

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by na2day(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2013
Parnassuss:

Bros think about it, IF NO RED FLAGS WERE RAISED HOW WAS THE ORANGE SELLER CAUGHT? Did the army just stand and start looking everybody in the face to see if they'd show signs of Boko Haram allegiance? Abeg credit people with some intelligence if you don't want to use yours

Old boy!
Use your grey matter naa!
Didnt you read that they are stopping and searching every tom dck and harry?
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Nobody: 9:41am On May 20, 2013
600Million Naira was found in his account within 3months? even the senators who earn roughly 46Million monthly can't get that amount within 3months...iSure bet whoever sent that orange seller on the spy mission, has a rich backup..iMean rich men must be sponsoring Boko Haram that sponsor the orange selling Spy! 600Mill no be beans
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Youngpaperboy: 9:45am On May 20, 2013
Okija juju: [b]600 million?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

OKAY!! Let me think out loud here for a second.... So if 600million passed through his account in 3 months, shouldnt the money be easy to trace back to its origin? undecided
Someone must have deposited the money in his account. How about they trace back to the day of the deposit, what bank, what name, was it in cheque or cash. Banks have CCTV's, if it was a cash transaction, the day of deposit can be found and the tape reviewed. Shouldnt the bank had red flagged his account when such large amounts of money are suspiciously passing through his account?! Didnt the bank sense money laundering? How was he able to withdraw 600 million naira with such ease from a bank under this new 'withdrawal cap' of 1.5million (abi na 10 million) that Sanusi put in place? When such large amounts of money are being dealt with, banks always photograph the bankers of such monies, so did the bank do so?! If the bank didnt, then is the bank manager an accomplice?!

** Waiter, abeg come substitute this two empty bottle of Star ** [/b]
ur understanding is too poor..u no go school?d money passed through d account within 3months.did they say d deposit was once?did they say d withdrawal was once?.try and read well b4 u post ur commen,nt readin after u've comment.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Raypawer(m): 9:46am On May 20, 2013

Someone must have deposited the money in his account. How about they trace back to the day of the deposit, what bank, what name, was it in cheque or cash. Banks have CCTV's, if it was a cash transaction, the day of deposit can be found and the tape reviewed. Shouldnt the bank had red flagged his account when such large amounts of money are suspiciously passing through his account?! Didnt the bank sense money laundering? How was he able to withdraw 600 million naira with such ease from a bank under this new 'withdrawal cap' of 1.5million (abi na 10 million) that Sanusi put in place? When such large amounts of money are being dealt with, banks always photograph the bankers of such monies, so did the bank do so?! If the bank didnt, then is the bank manager an accomplice?!

of a truth, ur brain is working... But stop drinking alcohol!! Its nt good for you
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Chynx(m): 9:49am On May 20, 2013
aspabay: N6,000,000.00 hmmm, I wanna be a spy.
Na poverty dey cause dis one? You dont even know the difference between six million and six hundred million. undecided
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Parnassuss(m): 9:50am On May 20, 2013
na2day!:

Old boy!
Use your grey matter naa!
Didnt you read that they are stopping and searching every tom dck and harry?

Bros, the gentleman was giving AN EXAMPLE with which he justified the stop and search, did he say 'We found the mai-lemu with money on him?' Abeg you sef re-read before u holler like that
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by elrony(m): 9:50am On May 20, 2013
lol d mallam na strong G-boy !!!!....
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Nobody: 9:51am On May 20, 2013
Comprehension is lacking on this thread.

600 million had PASSED THROUGH the account within 3 months. Meaning total of ongoing deposits and withdrawals. Nowhere on that story did it say that 600m was found in the account.
Obviously the account was opened in the orange sellers name but then managed by other people
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by DICKtator: 9:52am On May 20, 2013
oyb: Who is this man lying to? Why is the bank involved not named? 600 million in 3 months through a individual account and no red flags?

i agree with you. It is impossible for such amount to pass through an individual's account no matter how he tries to split it. Most banks prepare EFCC and NDLEA Reports to monitor customers activities in respect of huge amount that may be laundered money!!!!.
But during "wartime",propaganda in the form of exaggeration can and must never be ruled out!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Okijajuju: 10:03am On May 20, 2013
Young paper boy: ur understanding is too poor..u no go school?d money passed through d account within 3months.did they say d deposit was once?did they say d withdrawal was once?.try and read well b4 u post ur commen,nt readin after u've comment.

[b]Who is the retard?!

600 million.. Divided by 3 months of work days = 10,000,000 Naira deposit or withdrawal daily. (Thats assuming they are trying to stay under the banks radar o) So for 600,000,000 Naira to have moved through his account without detection, that means to have been depositing and withdrawing 10 million naira daily for 3 months..
600 million Naira within 3 months is a shitload of money that should have raised red flags. Wether it was withdrawn at once or with style, it should have raised flags. you cant withdraw 600.000.000 in 3 months from an ATM. You cant with draw more than 10 million from even your own account without answering some questions to the bank. You cant deposit over 10,000,000 (even in cheques) without the bank questioning you.

So what are you talking about?! An INDIVIDUALS account had transactions worth over 600,000,000 in 3 months and you dont think it should have raised eyebrows.

I no blame you sha. My understanding may be poor, but I think your own poverty encompasses your entire existence. My post would be hard for you to comprehend when all the money wey dey your account can be pulled out from an ATM machine in just one transaction. When your kidnap value is under 100 Thousand naira, I no expect you to understand matters running into hundreads of millions. Go and ask those people who have ever banked huge sums of monies that require their pictures to be taken how hard it is to move heavy sums of money around in banks.

*** Waiter!! Abeg bring another 2 bottles of Star.. This match don enter extra-time *** [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by gerald09(m): 10:04am On May 20, 2013
Dis is the most rubbish information ever passed by the Nigerian govt/media. What is the man's name, what bank was the money found?, what account number? How did dey go from road search to finding the man's account? This story sounds like telling a child that the easter bunny or Santa clause is real. Is all bulls*hit!!!! People.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Babzrockman: 10:07am On May 20, 2013
If mai-lemu (orange seller) can be gettin up to 600M within 3months, meaning that, many Nigerians will venture into orange bizness.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by stankezzy: 10:10am On May 20, 2013

u must be drunk nd also a fool.somebody in a town ,mentioned where the seller stays in the same town,the town people did not come up to say that he is wrong then somebody in another state will come nd say it is lie.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Okijajuju: 10:16am On May 20, 2013
stankezzy: u must be drunk nd also a fool.somebody in a town ,mentioned where the seller stays in the same town,the town people did not come up to say that he is wrong then somebody in another state will come nd say it is lie.

***HUH!!?***

Meeee!! Fool!!!!!

Na wah o!

Okay! I agree. If I be fool, and I know say I still get sense pass you, then you must be a 10th generation i`mbecile. I didnt even know that your model of i'mbecile had been released yet. The last set of i`mbeciles were 4'G imbeciles. Your imbecility is 6 years ahead of others.

WAITER!! Abeg bring Egbo come make I smoke.. E be like say crase people don enter beer palour today **

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by marex: 10:17am On May 20, 2013
Abegi, spare us this bullshit! Flush out the insurgents and quit this crazy propaganda. No be only 600M......na 600 trillion.....mstchEeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by genbjfwfr: 10:19am On May 20, 2013
we don't know this boko haram guys they are very bad i was coming back from CENTRAL REPUBLIC OF AFRICA from a mission in the month of October 2010 at a particular place i saw these guys with a convoy of sixty war trucks loaded with men looking like Islamist fighters and heavy Machine Guns Grande and bombs they attacked the border that day and fled into Desert linking Cameroon and chad i should think they also have taring camps along those areas JTF should search across the borders these guys have sponsors we cant imagine the kind of sophisticated weapons and vehicles they use hummm
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by na2day(m): 10:21am On May 20, 2013
I thank God that there are still some youths in this country that can see through the smokes and mirror!
To those who are here, still capable of critical thinking, kudos to you all.

And to all those who can swallow anything, lipsrsealed
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Jabioro: 10:24am On May 20, 2013
Let them check d incoming of d a/c,who r d ppe,is it transfer or cash paymt..and d out going of d same a/c.clue can spring up..600m naira.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by gerald09(m): 10:24am On May 20, 2013
Chynx:
My dear I'm not surprised that you have a different opinion about this story. Do you really expect d military to give d public a complete blueprint of their investigation? No way! I am of the Nigerian Airforce and I tell you categorically that there is a lot going on as we speak that will never be made known to the public. You should feel priviledged to hear this one and not blame d military for not exposing their every archive of info to the public. In the military, we handle information strictly on a NEED TO KNOW basis. So believe It or not; no one really cares!
Dude dats just crap! Dis is a democratic government and before u start treating us as "bloody civilians" the civilians still rule dam states, y are u trying to justify his st*upidity if he didn't want to give information he wuld have just shup d f*uck up, or u give only informations dat make sense, they found 600million in an account of an individual n they do not report it to EFCC which is dere jurisdiction in d first place even with d SOE the president also said civilians are still in charge (dis is b4 u start running ur mouth). The military is doin a great job no doubt giving the low information they get ( I get to sleep well @ night) but they shuld be careful b4 they start becoming the same evil they fighting.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Chynx(m): 10:25am On May 20, 2013
gerald09: Dis is the most rubbish information ever passed by the Nigerian govt/media. What is the man's name, what bank was the money found?, what account number? How did dey go from road search to finding the man's account? This story sounds like telling a child that the easter bunny or Santa clause is real. Is all bulls*hit!!!! People.
You can wallow in ur own pool of ignorance alone; don't drag anyone in with u.
You can go to d military and ask them to give u d blueprint of how they plan to subdue bokoharam because u are the only concerned citizen. The flow of information in the military realm is very different from the civilian way. Information is made available to contacts (public) ONLY on a NEED TO KNOW basis. You should be grateful that they made dis tip available for the public cos a lot more go down daily without being divulged. These are precautionary measures put in place to ensure that a set objective is achieved.
Okay, if all these info u ask for are made available to u, what contribution can u make to help solve the problem?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Xano(m): 10:33am On May 20, 2013
ayox2003: First off, the SoE is a welcome development. Although some people believe its long overdue but I prefer half a bread than none. Even the US didn't expect a SoE, that's why John Kerry said that the troops should be very careful with human lives...like they really care. Huh?

Second, we say our troops are fighting the dreaded Boko Harm, yet their sponsors - those Borno Senators caught red-handed - Senator Zanna and Ali are still walking free around town like a philanthropist. If the IG is soft of them probably because he's also from the north, let the President order the Head of the Military to interrogate them. I can bet that after spending just 4hours in the military custody, they'd confess and name other sponsors of the group. This orange seller might just be a channel and not a backbone sponsor. Once access to money is blocked, gross weakness would affect their logistics. But the president turned a blind eye on those senators because they were not linked to Buhari. Politics!

Third, nigerians are just too emotional about national issues. Instead of taking time to think about the presidents declaration, all we see here is "Kill them all", "those northerns should be destroyed", "they should be gunned down" and other unnecessary statements. We need to quit swimming in the pool of emotion. Let's towel-dry our instant approval and reactions, then sit on the couch of logical reasoning. When someone makes a statement about our country, either good or bad, it doesn't hurt if we take sometime to think about what's been said instead of swallowing it all up hook, line and sinker. The declaration of SoE should not be an end but a means. A means to create the platform for a sovereign national conference. While the military has risen up to save the nation by guns, the civilians (u and I) must also use dialogue as a weapon. We must also press it on GEJ that he calls for a national conference to save the nation by dialogue. Let the northern PDPs come and make their grievances known and each tribe's representative should speak the truth about the state of the nation. Possibly all those northern PDP elites who have been silent about BH would talk, forgive and re-structure their party.

Fourth, those who supports PDP/GEJ should call for federalism. If truly u want crises to stop, then tell the president that he has the power to change things for good in PDP. If he could use such power to re-structure the party to his taste, biting very hard on Amaechi's butts, then such power should be channelled to add federalism into PDP's ideology. That each state be responsible for its development, revenue and security. Waiting for monthly allocation makes these governors less concerned because whether or not they perform, money comes from Abuja. Buhari's CPC stands on federalism. It would solve these problems and a Lagosian would be less concerned about what happens in Borno.

Fifth, the problem of BH was caused by failure of northern military leaders. They spent years in power, yet they didn't ensure that their folks be educated. Unemployment, poverty and illiteracy is very rife in the north. We should learn from this: ethnicity doesn't guarantee competence. Don't choose leaders because they are from ur tribe. Vote for a candidate that has a proven track record. The north is unstable today, who knows what would be of the south tomorrow if we don't have a good leader. Aap!

Frawzey

points one and two are good. We should work on them. Points three and four are your sentiments. Don't play politics. Don't use your speech to wash the head of readers.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Chynx(m): 10:34am On May 20, 2013
gerald09:
Dude dats just crap! Dis is a democratic government and before u start treating us as "bloody civilians" the civilians still rule dam states, y are u trying to justify his st*upidity if he didn't want to give information he wuld have just shup d f*uck up, or u give only informations dat make sense, they found 600million in an account of an individual n they do not report it to EFCC which is dere jurisdiction in d first place even with d SOE the president also said civilians are still in charge (dis is b4 u start running ur mouth). The military is doin a great job no doubt giving the low information they get ( I get to sleep well @ night) but they shuld be careful b4 they start becoming the same evil they fighting.
I can see that you are quick at embracing ignorance. I can't argue with you cos its clear that u ddnt even understand the situation in the first place. 600M PASSED THROUGH HIS ACCT IN A PERIOD OF 3 MONTHS; not @ a go! Has poverty clouded ur sense of assimilation?
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Nobody: 10:36am On May 20, 2013

Honestly I was expecting to hear a case of money laundering and not this lie.that's like depositing over 6 million naira for 90 days and the bank didn't ask any question especially from a private individual.
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by Nobody: 10:39am On May 20, 2013
gerald09: Dis is the most rubbish information ever passed by the Nigerian govt/media. What is the man's name, what bank was the money found?, what account number? How did dey go from road search to finding the man's account? This story sounds like telling a child that the easter bunny or Santa clause is real. Is all bulls*hit!!!! People.
So u want him to give u every details including how they gather Intels? Well, its impossible bro
Re: Boko-Haram : Orange Seller Arrested With N600m by TechyGuy: 10:40am On May 20, 2013

Welcome to the true problem of Boko Haram in Nigeria. I lived in the North and understand this very well.
The terrorists have good support and have well placed people, in government, military, SSS, police, judiciary, banks and private sector.
Boko Haram is a northern tool. It backfired though, they didn't expect it to slip out of their hands but it did. Now, Al-qaeda and other international terrorist Islamic organizations have taking over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK's Daughter, Temi Randle's Baby Shower (Photos) / Eviction Of Bororo Fulani Herdsmen: Ibadan Tensed Up / 'I Control The Budget'- General Sani Abacha In A Throwback Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.