Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,217 members, 7,953,802 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices (2957 Views)

How Can I Setup Airtel Broadband Internet Services on My Laptop / How Do I Share Internet Connection Between Host And Virtual Box Windows 2008 / Can I Boost The Signal Of A Wired Lan Connection Between 100m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by eduaustin(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2008
Hello Gurus in the house, i have a little challenge and i need your assistance. I have two offices one in Port Harcourt and another in Warri. Both have a dedicated VSAT for internet connection. I have an accounting software installed here in Port Harcourt Being the Head office and we need Warri accounts staff to access the software here through a VPN connection through the internet. Please, how do we go about with the set up? we have been charged to get it running latest tonight.
So your urgent answers will be highly appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Re: How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by uspry1(f): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2008
Two ways you can easily access to remote between Port Harcourt office and Warri office obtaining your accounting account each other electronically without making a commuter.

1.) You can register the web-based remote access such as "GoToMyPC" (link: https://www.gotomypc.com/) or Check out LOGMEIN.com (link: https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp), to select one of two PRODUCTS that is best for you:
[list]
[li]LOGMEIN FREE or[/li]
[li]LOGMEIN HAMACHI[/li]
[/list]

2.) or you can register your own WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER (formerly MSN Messegner) in order to set up using Windows XP/Vista's  "Remote Assistance" that allows you to access remoted client's computer system to open client's local server to replicate source data into client's accounting system. Be sure you and your client must have Windows Live Messenger login on simulanteously.

Google how to use Windows' Remote Assistance or check with your  Windows XP/Vista Help and Support.
Re: How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by eduaustin(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2008
Thanks uspry1,
We have tried the LOGMEIN and we did get some good result, but the challenges that we're having are as follows:
1) We wanted to find out if we can have multiple clients(from Warri Office) accessing the server here in Port Harcourt simultaneously
2)How do we obtain a multi user license if #1 is possible.
Re: How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by uspry1(f): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2008
If you choose LOGMEIN HAMACHI. However, I suggest you to TRY EXPERIMENTING ON different Products, the following hyperlinks on the left-hand side/column bar: features, how it work, etc. before you decide which PRODUCT is the best for you fitting your company remote networking between PH and Warri!

Let's look at the features of HAMACHI tells you what they has offer for you at below:

FREE vs. PREMIUM - explains the difference betweeen FREE LICENSE and PREMIUM LICENSE in details. It also tells you how many network clients support.

HOW IT WORKS - explains how HAMACHI works as an UDP-based virtual private networking system.

lLEARN HOW HAMACHI SECURITY WORKS - explains about HAMACHI encrypted and authenticated security with industry-standard algorithms and protocols.

Good Luck!!!
Re: How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by eduaustin(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2008
THANK THANK YOU VERY MUCH I APPRECIATE THIS.
will get back to you with the result when am done.
Wish me Luck again, cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by eduaustin(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2008
Well guys, i please to say that we were able to set up the vpn connection btw our Warri office and Port Harcourt.We configure a vpn server connection using RRAS(Routing and Remote Access Services) on our Windows server 2003 and the vpn clients at warri end. we did a test connection with friend that is far away in Malaysia using our test Lab environment and it worked perfectly.We have transfered the configuration and settings to our live network and its kool.
Thanks to all that contributed,
Re: How To Do I Setup Up A Vpn Connection Between To Branch Offices by uspry1(f): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2008
I am real glad that everything goes well perfectly!

(1) (Reply)

✈✳✅2017 HP PAVILION 15 Core i7 1TB HDD 8GB RAM KEYBOARD Light 15inch / I Need Help For My Modem! / Your It Administrator Has Prevented You From Browsing This Url.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.