Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website (862 Views)

Nigeria's 1st Official Free Web-based Email Services On The Web / Introducing Nigeria's First Funny Pictures And Memes Directory. / Tunes.ng - Nigeria's 1st Music Search Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 1:47pm On May 20, 2013
Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website
www.sharemycar.com.ng
Share your Car today,
IT’S FREE, for enquiries Call 0704 482 7881

1 Like

Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 20, 2013
sharemycar: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website
www.sharemycar.com.ng
Share your Car today,
Kindly tell us more about this car sharing concept.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 2:25pm On May 20, 2013
Brand_new:
Kindly tell us more about this car sharing concept.

Sharemycar is a concept designed to reduce traffic on our roads, promote green travel by reducing carbon foot print. It allow drivers make a token by providing a platform where people can pre-arrange to share a ride. Drivers with access to a car advertise their route and passengers who use the same route can log-in request to share car with anyone travelling down the same route. Both parties meet and pre-arrange to share the journey. They agree the cost and terms of the car share. The driver benefits by not only having a companion, but also share cost of fuel, the passenger benefits as he travels conformably, the environment benefits as less pollution is discharged to the atmosphere , the economy benefits as less traffic is reduced since less cars on the road.
The way it works is simple; you go to the site, www.sharemycar.com.ng and securely open an account and register your journey if you have access to a car. Those without access to a car, request for a ride, by also pre-registering online. People can search based on location to identify who travels on similar route and make contact.
The site is user friendly and uses google map interface so that users can identify the location with ease.
Go green today and share your car.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by malign(m): 3:38pm On May 20, 2013
sharemycar: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website
www.sharemycar.com.ng
Share your Car today,

Interesting concept. Not unlike something I saw pertaining to San Francisco budget car rentals. I hope it works out.

Would be nice to start a blog, and document the progress you make.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2013
I dont see how this idea will work. Is like a total stranger (probably an armed robber) calling me or login or whatever and tell me that he will be sharing my car with as I travel from Lag to South East. I dont see anything meaningful in this idea. sorry.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 4:29pm On May 20, 2013
Good idea to document the progress we make. I think it will succeed as more and more people know about it.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 4:33pm On May 20, 2013
GraphicsPlus: I dont see how this idea will work. Is like a total stranger (probably an armed robber) calling me or login or whatever and tell me that he will be sharing my car with as I travel from Lag to South East. I dont see anything meaningful in this idea. sorry.

That is why you pre-arrange to meet before the journey. Don't forget that you leave close by each other. You also meet in public and ensure you know the person you are travelling with. Its a great idea that have worked in Europe and America and I believe it will work here too. We have got to move on as a country. Come on, go green, share your car today!

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Flawless Web Design Contract / Copy/clone All Kind Of Websites / BLOGGERS :Best Times to Post on Social Media[Infographic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.