Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website (2823 Views)

At What Age Did U Make Ur First Million,buy Ur 1st Car/Build Ur 1st House / Introducing Nigeria's First Formal Over The Counter Market / Glo, UBA Sign MOU To Launch Nigeria’s 1st Mobile Money Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 2:11pm On May 20, 2013
Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website
www.sharemycar.com.ng
Share your Car today,
IT’S FREE, for enquiries Call 0704 482 7881
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 4:41pm On May 20, 2013
As explained elsewhere, the concept is simple:
Sharemycar is designed to reduce traffic on our roads, promote green travel by reducing carbon foot print. It provides a platform where people can pre-arrange to share a ride, both drivers and passengers. Drivers with access to a car advertise their route and passengers who use the same route can log-in a request to share car with anyone travelling down the same route. Both driver and passesnger live locally and pre-arrange to meet first and agree to share the journey. Cost and terms of the car share are agreed. The driver benefits by not only having a companion, but also someone to share the cost of fuel, the passenger benefits as he travels comfortably, the environment benefits as less pollution is discharged to the atmosphere , the economy benefits as less cars on the road. The government benefits and few cars are off the road.
The way it works is simple; you go to the site, www.sharemycar.com.ng and securely open an account and register your journey if you have access to a car. Those without access to a car, will request for a ride when registering on the site. People can search based on locality to find who travels on similar route and make contact.
The site is user friendly and uses google map interface so that users can identify the location with ease.
Go green today and share your car.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by tonym1(m): 7:42pm On May 20, 2013
GOOD IDEA grin
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 12:15pm On May 24, 2013
Thank you Tony m1.

Once again, I encourage everyone to go green today and save the environment and money!
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by millhouse: 9:50am On May 25, 2013
Nice
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by millhouse: 9:56am On May 25, 2013
Nice but its too early to start looking for ads, naija ways of always doing things, lol.....build d traffic first, d ads will follow suit.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by lightheart(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2013
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 1:54pm On May 25, 2013
millhouse: Nice but its too early to start looking for ads, naija ways of always doing things, lol.....build d traffic first, d ads will follow suit.
Thanks Millhouse for the comment. certainly ads are not the main issue, was put in there to occupy space. Building traffic is the priority.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by valdubem(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2013
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by valdubem(m): 8:33pm On May 25, 2013
I lovε thε concερt. Can I invεѕt in it?
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 3:12pm On May 27, 2013
val_dubem: I lovε thε concερt. Can I invεѕt in it?
Hi Val, Please send me email at info@sharemycar.com.ng so we can discuss.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by barikay: 6:36pm On May 27, 2013
Ha ha arm robber wil soon share a car with some one
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 27, 2013
How do you stop kidnappers from sharing the car?
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by oloyedejamiu: 8:59pm On May 27, 2013
Guy u gat a unique concept but u didnt do the homework very well because u are implementing a good business idea in a wrong location i.e nigeria as a country.

Dont u know that the security in nigeria is compromised?

i hope you wont be arrested one day just like the way the founder of liberty reserve were arrested and that sharemycar site would be shut down if its reported that people sharing cars and space on ur site are robbed.

Think about.....
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 10:01am On May 28, 2013
oloyede jamiu :
Guy u gat a unique concept but u didnt do the homework very well because u are implementing a good business idea in a wrong location i.e nigeria as a country.

Dont u know that the security in nigeria is compromised?

i hope you wont be arrested one day just like the way the founder of liberty reserve were arrested and that sharemycar site would be shut down if its reported that people sharing cars and space on ur site are robbed.

Think about.....
Hi Oloyede,
There is no basis to compare what we are doing with liberty reserve which is an illegal business with online payment system dealing with currency. We don't deal with currency. We are are legitimate business serving both private and corporate organisations in Nigeria.

We have brought an innovative idea to reduce traffic on our roads by people sharing cars. I was watching the other day at Eko hotel roundabout, V/I where huge number of people were waiting to catch buses. I saw private car owners stopping and picking passengers for a fee. if they are afraid of kidnappers, they would not stop to pick people at the bus stop. Sharemycar.com.ng is therefore providing people a secure platform to exchange ride. There are safety tips on the website which encourages people to first meet in public places so you know the person well before you commence the journey.
Please note that you have not stopped using naira notes because there is counterfeit ones other there.The truth is that we have got to move forward as a country, we cannot remain where we are, held down by fear.

Go green today! share your car.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 10:02am On May 28, 2013
1stCitizen: How do you stop kidnappers from sharing the car?
You meet the person in public place first eg eateries.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 10:07am On May 28, 2013
barikay: Ha ha arm robber wil soon share a car with some one
No you will not meet robbers. You check out the person first. remember the person lives close to you so its easy to find out where the person works, or live etc. There huge number of legitimate, hard working Nigerians out there who will benefit from what we are offering. They are the ones I focus on at the moment. Let us not allow our mentality to be hounded with negatives.
Go green! share your car today!
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by bebe2(f): 6:35pm On May 28, 2013
Goodluck to u bro,
At least u safety guidelines u didn't say "God will not let us see arm robber or kidnapper, it not our portion" dat na typical nigerian mentality smiley
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by naijacutee(f): 9:34pm On May 28, 2013
This is a great idea, and I have started publicizing it for free. To add to the question about armed robbers, car owners and passengers could have a sign in feature, via which users of each individual service cav leave feedback. This would keep people in check, knowing that it would spoil their "business" as it were, if they messed up. Also, people can easily choose which car to use or not to use based on feedback ratings. Well done, bro!!

1 Like

Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 8:38pm On May 29, 2013
bebe2: Goodluck to u bro,
At least u safety guidelines u didn't say "God will not let us see arm robber or kidnapper, it not our portion" dat na typical nigerian mentality smiley
Thank you my brother. We have got to do things in a professional way in this country and not become emotional which leads to mediocrity. We aim to be the best in what we have chosen to do.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 8:41pm On May 29, 2013
naijacutee: This is a great idea, and I have started publicizing it for free. To add to the question about armed robbers, car owners and passengers could have a sign in feature, via which users of each individual service cav leave feedback. This would keep people in check, knowing that it would spoil their "business" as it were, if they messed up. Also, people can easily choose which car to use or not to use based on feedback ratings. Well done, bro!!
Naijacutee, thank you for your kindness in assisting to promote the site. We are also planning jingles in radio and distribution of fliers around Lagos so that it people can be informed. Keep the banner flying!
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by Nobody: 8:20am On May 30, 2013
sharemycar:
You meet the person in public place first eg eateries.

Does kidnapping in Nigeria happen in full public glare or not? So when we meet at the eatery, how can I search the person to be sure he is not carrying an offensive weapon?
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 1:02pm On May 30, 2013
1stCitizen:

Does kidnapping in Nigeria happen in full public glare or not? So when we meet at the eatery, how can I search the person to be sure he is not carrying an offensive weapon?

You need to understand that Kidnapping is usually an inside job, not people you don't know and are meeting for the first time. The person you don't know cannot kidnap you. If not, then nobody will use public buses again as you can be kidnapped in the bus also. Finally, I will urge you to focus on the positives.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by charcoalblaq(m): 1:23pm On May 30, 2013
Nice Idea.

Although i think to reduce cases of robbery and what not all payments should be made online thereby making sure all persons involved in a transaction to share a vehicle is traceable to their bank id and all.

The meet before sharing is irrelevant. A robber would meet you and buy you moet infact. Your only assurance is being able to know that the company can on a need to basis track persons.

2 Likes

Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 6:10pm On May 30, 2013
charcoalblaq: Nice Idea.

Although i think to reduce cases of robbery and what not all payments should be made online thereby making sure all persons involved in a transaction to share a vehicle is traceable to their bank id and all.

The meet before sharing is irrelevant. A robber would meet you and buy you moet infact. Your only assurance is being able to know that the company can on a need to basis track persons.

Thanks Charcoalblag, very positive contribution. Will discuss with my IT team.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by morzook(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2013
You can advertise the business idea through www.adsolut.net . We are a startup too...

featured on venturebeat and techloy
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by Nobody: 4:31am On May 31, 2013
sharemycar:

You need to understand that Kidnapping is usually an inside job, not people you don't know and are meeting for the first time. The person you don't know cannot kidnap you. If not, then nobody will use public buses again as you can be kidnapped in the bus also. Finally, I will urge you to focus on the positives.

If you pitch for funding from investors in Western countries(maybe Nigeria is different), these are the first questions they will ask.

Erase the negatives so that the positives will reveal themselves. Kidnapping in Lagos in a random affair other than other states. What about armed robbery? I do not think its always an inside job. How do you tackle robbers?
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by sharemycar: 10:16am On May 31, 2013
1stCitizen:

If you pitch for funding from investors in Western countries(maybe Nigeria is different), these are the first questions they will ask.

Erase the negatives so that the positives will reveal themselves. Kidnapping in Lagos in a random affair other than other states. What about armed robbery? I do not think its always an inside job. How do you tackle robbers?

Ist Citizen, do you live in Nigeria? many Nigerians who live abroad have this assumption that once you step out of your home, you will be kidnapped or attacked by Robbers. But those of us who live here know that its not true. Have you read the safety tips on the website? It is recommended you see one form of ID valid from each party.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by lightheart(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2013
I love this!!

The economy of it all, its eco-friendliness, the fun-ride it promises. And pychologically, one gets to the office in high spirits.

I like that your site is responsive. Very cool, I must say. As an online ad designer, I'll suggest you could infuse some user-centred visuals on your site, it takes it away from being flat to connecting with your users. Gives it life. sorry I had to mock-up one to drive home my point. Please see image attached. Please feel free to request the larger size or let me know where to send it. Thank you

my2naira

1 Like

Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by charcoalblaq(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2013
lightheart: I love this!!

The economy of it all, its eco-friendliness, the fun-ride it promises. And pychologically, one gets to the office in high spirits.

I like that your site is responsive. Very cool, I must say. As an online ad designer, I'll suggest you could infuse some user-centred visuals on your site, it takes it away from being flat to connecting with your users. Gives it life. sorry I had to mock-up one to drive home my point. Please see image attached. Please feel free to request the larger size or let me know where to send it. Thank you

my2naira

AWESOME.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by lightheart(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2013
charcoalblaq:

AWESOME.

Just my 2naira. Thanks.
Re: Introducing Nigeria 1st Car Sharing Website by FredAuto(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2013
Unlike Twitter you should have verified members in which they have to submit a valid ID and a form of address verification (utility bills or bank statement)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earn Income With Recharge Card Printing Business For All Networks In Nigeria / Electric A3 Size Book Binding Machine/perfect Binder / Starting An Akube (okrika) Shoe Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.