Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,885 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? (764 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? by elizabetta(f): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2008
Can anyone tell me why Christians celebrate Christmas?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? by JeSoul(f): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2008
isn't this topic about 8 months early? wink

yes christmas might have pagan roots and some christians have chosen not to celebrate it - there's nothing wrong with that - to each his own.

there is nothing wrong either with those who choose to celebrate and commemorate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ at christmas. Whether or not He was born on Dec 25th is not the point, but simply the fact we pick out that day to celebrate and recognize His birth.

But I'll add some people only see christmas as a time for gifts and gluttony and family - this ought not to be, but solely to remember the birth of Christ.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? by detruth: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2008
JeSoul,
Never trouble yourself! I guess Elizabetta is member of the Church of Christ. They are totally against the idea of celebrating Christmas in their sect.
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? by elizabetta(f): 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2008
detruth:

JeSoul,
Never trouble yourself! I guess Elizabetta is member of the Church of Christ. They are totally against the idea of celebrating Christmas in their sect.

why do guess i am a member of church of Christ,become of my reply to kunle oshob on his topic of tithe giving and i ask him if he attends church of Christ.Don't assume detruth,give your comments
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? by detruth: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2008
elizabetta:

Don't assume detruth,give your comments
Peace!
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Celebrate Christmas? by Frizy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2008
No.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Life That We Have Really For Us? / Religious Babarism / The Best Time To Pray Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.