Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools (11200 Views)

Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos / Hijab In The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by shegz1(m): 12:15am On May 21, 2013
omokayode9258: u ar nt a reasnable human bn nd if u ar, u ar reasoning fac is faulty. Hw culd d cele nd co be proud workn round d street wtout bn criticisd, hw culd d jehova wtnss be intrudn to pples house wtout bn corectd nd hw culd d christians be wearn skimpy, jumpa, trousers of dif kind wtout bn curbed. Nd d muslims dt ar covern dr chastity ar denied of dr civic right nd u ar dr comentn rubish. Do u knw dt hijab is allowed in virtualy al westrn country even oxford uni alows hijab talkles of unstandardisd schs in dis country wel, i reserv my coment til wen they finish dr useles consultatn
Ar Muslim denied to wear hijab in Nigeria tertiary institution or uni, let dem get to higher institution before using there hijab unless every religion will b claiming der own dressing code in the government school

1 Like

Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:07am On May 21, 2013
musiwa26: you are wrong,kline. hijab look sexy on women and even make ugly women look beautiful. as long as it match their school uniform colour. canada allow hijab in school. it does not mean every muslim children will wear it. most will not.

I will tell you. it makes it hard for them to get husband. i know most people wear it over here, if they cant find husband.. that way they look religion to men , so that they can marry them.

even the bible want women to cover their head.

The other picture is deeper life church.. they all wear that on their head 24 hours..

I don't/can't see the relevance of these pix to your statements/topic.
so because Beyonce wore hijab, its OK? What of the many other things she does?
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by kalunomics(m): 4:44am On May 21, 2013
ola_pluto: I went to a christian secondary school where berets were part of the uniform. Only those in JSS1 complied, the rest started wearing bandana, and all sorts of scarfs..
so beret is part of christian outfit? Never knew!
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by tpia5: 4:50am On May 21, 2013
I'm not familiar with all this "christian school" talk.

most of the schools are now govt schools, but I've never heard any muslim student call them "christian schools", until now.

i think nairaland is radicalizing a lot of muslims here, they want to seem "among" so they quickly jump on the bandwagon whenever fundamentalists start a topic, or post.

when did beret become "christian" dressing?
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by teniyi(m): 5:25am On May 21, 2013
Lobatan, oju ti won ooo. I knew the banning won't take place in our Lagos. Instead, its the evil perpetrators including the Mr Ukpai that will go back to their states.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by fineworker(m): 5:29am On May 21, 2013
The fear of muslims(boko haram) is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:29am On May 21, 2013
tpia@:
I'm not familiar with all this "christian school" talk.

most of the schools are now govt schools, but I've never heard any muslim student call them "christian schools", until now.

i think nairaland is radicalizing a lot of muslims here, they want to seem "among" so they quickly jump on the bandwagon whenever fundamentalists start a topic, or post.

when did beret become "christian" dressing?

Maclatunji is doing this.

You see how many posts he puts on the front page? And then how many comments he deletes?

This man is on a mission to make NL'ers hate muslims. Or he is just ignorant.

maclatunji: ^What if the Lagos State Government is coming up with conflicting reactions?

He put this comment, because he is the one that put the first post saying that the hijab was banned on the front page.
Now that it is proven to be lies, he is ashamed. grin
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by playcharles(m): 5:54am On May 21, 2013
Fashola should not bug me when i dress to school like this! or i use the school field for rituals and prayers... Else i shulve my books to is mouth and quit schooling

Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by AbdH: 6:22am On May 21, 2013
wendieposh: I believe it should be banned. Hijab is not part of the uniform. If christians too have to start tying scarfs to sch,will it make sense? There should be equal rights amongst all students. A beret is the best option if students feel the need to have their heads covered.
Beret is not an option!!!
Scarfs are not worn exclusively by Christians for it is not even part of your dressing. In fact, I have seen more wigs and attachments on Christian women than scarfs. While they exercise their right to wear and expose fake hair on their head to please numerous men, it is only fair that Muslims are allowed to cover their hair to please Allah - that is called justice.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by ziccoit: 6:25am On May 21, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Maclatunji is doing this.

You see how many posts he puts on the front page? And then how many comments he deletes?

This man is on a mission to make NL'ers hate muslims. Or he is just ignorant.
grin

bobthebuilder99:

He put this comment, because he is the one that put the first post saying that the hijab was banned on the front page.
Now that it is proven to be lies, he is ashamed. grin

Think. Pls think oh boy. How does maclatunji become the punch that published the commissioner's statement/declaration on hijab? I don't usually respond to your likes but for the benefit of gullible ones that may ingest your putrid line of reasoning.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by playahP(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2013
omokayode9258: u ar nt a reasnable human bn nd if u ar, u ar reasoning fac is faulty. Hw culd d cele nd co be proud workn round d street wtout bn criticisd, hw culd d jehova wtnss be intrudn to pples house wtout bn corectd nd hw culd d christians be wearn skimpy, jumpa, trousers of dif kind wtout bn curbed. Nd d muslims dt ar covern dr chastity ar denied of dr civic right nd u ar dr comentn rubish. Do u knw dt hijab is allowed in virtualy al westrn country even oxford uni alows hijab talkles of unstandardisd schs in dis country wel, i reserv my coment til wen they finish dr useles consultatn

We are not talking on UNIVERSITY.
Hijab will be banned in secondary schools and I totally support that.

In an environment where uniform is worn, then everyone should comply...
If you let hijab, then you gotta let the xtian folks scarf up their head.

You gotta let the ATR's come with their cowries and consultation bag... If you can't let that happen, then you gotta ban it all and let the uniform be a standard measure!
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by Ak4ril(m): 6:47am On May 21, 2013
siddiq202: If this new report is true, then the punch reporter needs to be questioned for lying against the Commissioner (Perhaps he/she has hidden agenda). If not, since there are still consultations on the matter, the Commissioner needs a query!
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by mbhs139(m): 6:51am On May 21, 2013
playah P:

You gotta let the ATR's come with their cowries and consultation bag... If you can't let that happen, then you gotta ban it all and let the uniform be a standard measure!

It seems you are just growing teeth. I now realised that it is not every comment on this forum that one responds to. Some of you folks just failed JAMB recently must have been having the 'hang-over'.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by olaezebala: 7:01am On May 21, 2013
Why I no come de secondary sch now ooo? Chaii,I for no de wear any shoe go school cause I be Cele and na my white "fila-isegun" I for de wear steady for sch.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by harthonder(m): 7:25am On May 21, 2013
there is a freedom of worship in nigeria constitution,muslim re also paying tax to govt to fund the public school,so muslim have a right to use a hijab in our jointly own school.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by harthonder(m): 7:26am On May 21, 2013
There is a freedom of worship in nigeria constitution,muslim re also paying tax to govt to fund the public school,so muslim have a right to use a hijab in our jointly own school.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 7:30am On May 21, 2013
Well, the Lagos State Govt have got to back-track because the right of muslim women in Nigeria to hijab wearing (schools included) is not negotiable. They shouldn't stop at contacting only stakeholders but also CAN and traditionalists, the simple truth is that they are only carrying out an exercise in futility.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by wendieposh: 7:38am On May 21, 2013
In secondary schs,students don't use any wigs or weave on(s),so don't get it all twisted. In tertiary institutions,they are free to make their choices. If you don't know how and where to use the word 'Hatred',ask someone who attended a secondary sch and understands English. For thinking my reasoning faculty is low cos I gave my opinion about beret,with all the senseless points u gave,ur reasoning faculty is lower than a 1yr old's. Oya, 3 of you,catch ur subs. Hehehehehehehehehe
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 7:38am On May 21, 2013
olanyte:
[b]According to him, what Mrs Olayinka explained at the briefing was that the government had held meetings saying “it will therefore be premature and pre-emptive to say that government has rejected the use of hijab in public schools in Lagos”.while the consultation so important to her than follow strictly the rule of law and she claim to be a lawyer.

And to you, banning the use of hijab in Lagos state is "following strictly the rule of law". Check that law of yours again.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by vedaxcool(m): 7:39am On May 21, 2013
Lol grin grin grin seeing this christians in butt hurt mode, is very saddening, after jubilating that muslims have denied their rights, now u guys are doing damage control like LSG, this is very funny indeed! Somehow punch has a vested interest in the issue, first they organise an online poll on hijab, like Seun, they know how to generate traffic to their website, playing on religious sentiments, now it seems their play has back fired! This is a lesson for people who think religion is tap you turn on to make money!
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 7:49am On May 21, 2013
shegz1: Ar Muslim denied to wear hijab in Nigeria tertiary institution or uni, let dem get to higher institution before using there hijab unless every religion will b claiming der own dressing code in the government school
And who is preventing them? You want to be dictating to them when and where to be wearing hijab. hahahaha!
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by Ak4ril(m): 7:52am On May 21, 2013
maclatunji: ^What if the Lagos State Government is coming up with conflicting reactions?

Then let's wait nd see who's lieing. If its Lagos State Govt. Or Punch Newspaper
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by Ak4ril(m): 7:53am On May 21, 2013
siddiq202: If this new report is true, then the punch reporter needs to be questioned for lying against the Commissioner (Perhaps he/she has hidden agenda). If not, since there are still consultations on the matter, the Commissioner needs a query!
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by Ak4ril(m): 7:59am On May 21, 2013
maasoap:
And to you, banning the use of hijab in Lagos state is "following strictly the rule of law". Check that law of yours again.

What law? When the case is still in court
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 8:03am On May 21, 2013
playah P:
I dont tink ur sister wil b proud of scarf on her head
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by sexsinners(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2013
am sick of Muslims not allowing us Christians to be ourselves,yet they complain when thy are restricted from their practice in A christian area.

hypocrites
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by tomber(m): 8:16am On May 21, 2013
We have d right to wear hijab>we too av d right to be principals in any public sch> We shud av more teachers and it is our birthright to b princial>every girl must wear hijab>>>>
all d while some ppl will be sayin it doesnt matter, it is lagos now. eko oni baje. then suddenly d first bomb strikes. and behold it too late to cry...
Everyth matters. it either a uniform or notd
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by buJu234: 8:18am On May 21, 2013
by the way was the importance of a woman covering her hair sef...

she is more beautiful with her hair showing.... so why oppress them... with this rule
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by maasoap(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2013
Ak4ril:
What law? When the case is still in court
There had been two precedent judgements on this same topic in the past. In fact that one in Kwara state was even appealed by the school management that was involved. And at the appeal ruling, the judge did not declare only hijab constitutional right of Nigerian muslim women but also niqab. And the Nigerian constitution supercede any other constitution.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 8:28am On May 21, 2013
Political statement characteristic of cowardice.
Re: Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools by sarutobie(m): 8:30am On May 21, 2013
Hon. Kontigi:
Nigeria is not a secular country. Even the national pledge ends with "so help me God". Adherents of every religion should therefore be accorded their rights in all its ramifications in lagos and elsewhere.
Wrong analogy! Even the USA which is arguably the number 1 secular country also has the motto "in God we trust"..rules must followed,a particular religion can't be shown more preference than the other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Essence Of Hajj Is Displayed In This Picture / The Tafseer Of This Verse And The Death Of Corper Zainab. / Pay Attention To his Ugly Whispers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.