Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? (1527 Views)

Weak Naira: Worried Investors Sell Shares For 6th Consecutive Day / Zenith Bank Shares For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by tyna1(f): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2008
I have some money i saved for my kids,i want to invest it in stocks for them
I don't have any idea about what is going on in the stock exchange market
in Nigeria.I need your suggestions on which ones to trade.If there is another
post on investing on behalf of children,kindly point me that way.
Re: Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by Seun(m): 8:41pm On Apr 24, 2008
Are your kids based in Nigeria? If not, why not invest in the South Korean stock market?
Re: Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by tyna1(f): 7:07am On Apr 25, 2008
Seun we are coming back to Nigeria this year,that is why i ask.
Ok let me explain it well,we lived most of the years in Paris,and our company pays a certain
amount to the kids through parents account.I opened an account for them for some years
now but noticed at a stage the bank started collecting tax on the money.
We moved to South Korea few months ago for a project which will be over soon,i left the money
in the paris account.Since we are coming back to Nigeria i felt that the best thing will be to withdraw
the cash and invest in Nigeria.
Re: Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by OscarJ1(m): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2008
@tyna1

are u looking long term? for there education, which i think it should be.

Then i think the best invstment to do is to have a portfolio for them in mutual funds ( Stocks, real estate, fixed income & money market ) cos the risk would not be too high,
knowing the fact that its for long term they would be beter off and its safe.

If u need more information, do contact me through eniola.aminu@armdiscoveryfund.com

I would be glad to furnish you with more info.

regards.
Re: Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by OscarJ1(m): 10:01am On Apr 25, 2008
@tyna1

are u looking long term? for thier education, which i think it should be.

Then i think the best invstment to do is to have a portfolio for them in mutual funds ( Stocks, real estate, fixed income & money market ) cos the risk would not be too high,
knowing the fact that its for long term they would be beter off and its safe.

If u need more information, do contact me through eniola.aminu@armdiscoveryfund.com

I would be glad to furnish you with more info.

regards.
Re: Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by soul2jah: 1:05am On Apr 26, 2008
If you are looking for long term for your Kids, i will suggest you check out AIMS ASSET MGT LTD. You can visit the website .www.aimsassetmgt.com. Head office is located at 21/25 Broad str.marina .For further enquiries you can mail me at :soul2jah@yahoo.com.
Re: Where Do I Buy Shares For My Kids? by afam1(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2008
@TYNA1,

I WILL SUGGEST A MUTUAL FUND.IT WILL HELP YOU REDUCE THE RISK OF DIRECT STOCK BUYING FROM THE CAPITAL MKT.

DO WELL TO VISIT ANY OF THIS SITE.
www.arm.com.ng
www.armdiscoveryfund.com

or contact me via afam.nwachukwu@armdiscoveryfund.com

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information/advice On Treasury Bills / Good Business Opportunities In Edo State / See How Much A Nairalander Saved From January To December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.