Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally (7214 Views)

School Proprietor Accused Of Flinging Pupils Out Of School Bus In Lagos / Fake Professor, Son, Reverend Sister, Others Arrested For Operating Illegal Univ / Faith University Shut Down For Allegedly Operating Illegally In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by mukina2: 9:19am On May 21, 2013
THE Independent Corrupt Practices and other related Offences Commission and the National University Commission on Friday arrested the proprietor of Richmond Open University, Enugu, “Professor” Mazi Chris Okoro for allegedly operating an illegal institution.

Also arrested were the son of the university’s proprietor and four other staff of the institution.

The ICPC officials also interrogated a Reverend Sister in-charge of the Luminary International Centre for Health and Alternative Medicine which had metamorphosed into Society for Energy Health with its headquarters at Mgbowo in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

The ICPC officials who raided the university located at 31, Ziks Avenue, Enugu, immediately handed over the suspects to the police at Uwani Police Divisional Headquarters, Enugu.

Items recovered from them included a large quantity of West African Examination Council and diploma certificates, doctorates, masters and bachelors’ degrees as well as honorary doctorate degrees.

It was learnt that Okoro who claimed that he bagged his professorship by “convention” instead of merit, said he could not remember the total number of his graduates in each academic session.

When asked to name his the vice-chancellor as well as members the senate committee of the institution, he said he could not recollect the names of any of the principal officers.

Okoro reportedly said, “I do not have any registration with NUC because I opened this school as a distant learning institution. This university has been operating since 2005 when a court gave judgement in my favour.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/fake-professor-others-arrested-for-operating-illegal-varsity/
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by momodub: 1:17pm On May 21, 2013
smileylove nigeria anything goes shocked
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by IAMBREEZY: 1:19pm On May 21, 2013
Thats naija 4 u
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Nacl: 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
I'M ACTUALLY HEARING THE NAME OF THIS UNIVERSITY FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Numerouuuno: 1:24pm On May 21, 2013
With the nations pathetic
judiciary,they'll be out in N̶̲̥̅̊☺ time

1 Like

Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Janiobi(m): 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
Lamfao, which kind of mumu university name be that Are u a learner wink cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin kiss cool
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by feelamong(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2013
EFCC should better leave that guy alone and go to Abuja to arrest those looting our common wealth!

Wetin the guy do? when person in his right sences decide to go and throw away their money is it the man;'s fault?

How can one go to that one room office and say he is registering into a university?

damn!
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
I pity those that seek admission in these fake universities.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by 50calibre(m): 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
All these mushroom universities with little or no accreditation. Parents and students be wise!

1 Like

Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by goldfish80(m): 1:32pm On May 21, 2013
Nawao
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by olenyi: 1:33pm On May 21, 2013
Always saw the school (which by the way operates from a single rented two-storey building at the back of another building). But never gave much taught to it.

They started as a distant learning school for journalism before they upgraded to richmond.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by RaindropGCFR(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2013
shuld i follow comment too
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by coretechng(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2013
Nawa oo.

Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 21, 2013
Igbo made

1 Like

Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by batstan(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin[quote author=REALITY101]Igbo made isiewu
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Okijajuju: 4:23pm On May 21, 2013
Okay!!

I'm just gonna be an observer here. I know that the Igbos are gonna get it. This thread would have more deleted/hidden comments than visible comments at the end of the day.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by hardbody: 4:29pm On May 21, 2013
feelamong: EFCC should better leave that guy alone and go to Abuja to arrest those looting our common wealth!

Wetin the guy do? when person in his right sences decide to go and throw away their money is it the man;'s fault?

How can one go to that one room office and say he is registering into a university?

damn!

Why would they not register in one room office when JAMB has consistently refused to grant them admission while those spaces are being sold to highest bidders.

I am not in any way saying that fake unis should be allowed to thrive but there is always a root cause to almost all negative things. Attack the root cause and the effect will be appropriately dealt with.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by rossete2020(f): 4:45pm On May 21, 2013
after 8yrs of operation! What will b d fate of those who av graduated from the university? Infact our leaders shud wake up from slumber and save the destinies of the nation and byond
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Firefire(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2013
This topic has been removed or hidden forever!
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by ManOfThePeople(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2013
Na wa oo. Are u sure somebody somewhere in Niger Area is not illegaly parading himself as GEJ so?
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by hardbody: 4:48pm On May 21, 2013
Numero uuuno: With the nations pathetic
judiciary,they'll be out in N̶̲̥̅̊☺ time

Must you ascribe everything negative to this country? How does what has just happened affect the judiciary? From what i read, they said the proprietor was handed over to the police, do you have judges or even magistrates sitting at police stations? has the guy been charged to court?

Can you learn the rudiments of how some processes work before you start typing 'rabbish'? As a principle, i do not comment on every thread or post especially if i do not know next to nothing about what to say or where i have no comment or opinion. That is the most mature thing to do. Stop parading ignorance, it belittles you. And this is assuming you have any substance. by the way, teh offence is bailable, so do not complain when the guy gets bail within 24 hours. it is his constitutional right.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 21, 2013
open university.
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by EMMABC1(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2013
Trust Punch. Always the first d first to carry negative news about SE, but can never in their life report anything positive or progressive about d same pple
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by ifebosco: 9:42pm On May 21, 2013
hardbody:

Must you ascribe everything negative to this country? How does what has just happened affect the judiciary? From what i read, they said the proprietor was handed over to the police, do you have judges or even magistrates sitting at police stations? has the guy been charged to court?

Can you learn the rudiments of how some processes work before you start typing 'rabbish'? As a principle, i do not comment on every thread or post especially if i do not know next to nothing about what to say or where i have no comment or opinion. That is the most mature thing to do. Stop parading ignorance, it belittles you. And this is assuming you have any substance. by the way, teh offence is bailable, so do not complain when the guy gets bail within 24 hours. it is his constitutional right.
too much grammer,
do we have judiciary in nigeria??just try and tell me two institudes that work in the hold federation??you are here blowing grammer,don´t you know that our judiciary is part of our the biggest problems we have in nigeria??
Re: Richmond Open University Proprietor Arrested For Operating Illegally by uglyBetty1(f): 11:22pm On May 21, 2013
I know somebody that graduated from that university. Funny enough the person told me he was in UNN, but when I saw his certificate, I just shouted and ask him if the school was in Nigeria or where.

(1) (Reply)

Solve This Mathematical Question Correctly And Get 5,000 Naira. / Siwes Vs It / When U Eat A Yoruba Woman Stew For The First Time(hilarious Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.