Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,585 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Obasanjo Has Been Decieving Nigerians - Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Has Been Decieving Nigerians - Orji Uzor Kalu (510 Views)

The Dasukigate Scandal: Who Is Decieving Who? / Obasanjo's Bombshell: Aides Decieving Jonathan! / Yorubas Stop Decieving Yourselfs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Has Been Decieving Nigerians - Orji Uzor Kalu by oluigbo2015(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2013
A former governor of Abia state has personally and transparently clarified his donations to the Education Fund launch in Maiduguri in 1988, which was later acknowledged by the State committee under the administration of Col. Abdulmumini Aminu noting that Mr. Chidi Stephen Okeke who short-changed him (Kalu) with his donation has served his 5 year jail term after a court process. Kalu, in his interview on Liberty Radio on Saturday, May 18th
2013, had earlier stated that he donated 100million Naira to Obasanjo, (when the former President had only 10,000 Naira when he left prison) for his Presidential campaign. Kalu said ‘…I expect President Obasanjo to
acknowledge my financial support and contribution to his emergence as the
president of Nigeria in 1999. Obasanjo should remember that petty attempts to blackmail never work in a modern day system’.
Kalu stated that while his integrity and credibility are fully intact, it is rather Obasanjo who has been time and again deceitful to Nigerians, propagating his so-called anti-corruption legislation without leading by example. ‘For example, what can you expect from a man that could not fix
the road from Abeokuta to Otta, his very community, the Ilorin – Ibadan – Lagos express way? Unemployment was at its peak during his tenure. And lastly and importantly, whatever happened to the $16 billion USD allocation allegedly given to the power sector? Obasanjo’s third term agenda was
unequivocally a self-serving move to cage Nigerians and their aspirations for the democratic process; fortunately, voices locally and internationally were collectively able to stop this wildly unpopular move. I would suggest that is the bone of contention between my good self and President Obasanjo.
However, Obasanjo should leave the past behind and face the future in the interest of the nation. Yes, I gave, but if more people give to worthy causes, our country will be stronger.

source: http://facebook.com/igberetv

(1) (Reply)

Northern Elders Forum Protecting Boko Haram / Health: Uduaghan's Exemplary Successes / Buhari Is A Damaged Brand, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.