Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths (13351 Views)

Idle Youths Should Go Get A Life Buhari Never Promised N5,000 – Labour Minister / Imo Palm Plantation: Okorocha Threatens To Invite EFCC / Okorocha Threatens To Dethrone Partisan Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by emeka762001(m): 4:45am On May 22, 2013
Rochas is the worst thing tht hs happened to imo state.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by stannydon(m): 6:14am On May 22, 2013
Another white elephant promise, Is high time people should stop given this man attention. Last year he said he went to Dade college in Miami Florida to sign MOU to partner with Imo state colleges, how is the project fairing? He sack 10000 youths recruited by the previous administration and now he is talking of engaging youths, how is going to achieve it since he has less than two years in office.Because as far as am concern, any recruitment or youth empowerment program he will do will still take another one to two years to materialize, then it will be during election era, wont people tag it as political? Those who destroy the past cannot build the future. Rochas is worst than the previous administration. He has succeeded in withholding local government election for two years now, which he used against Ohakim and tagged it fraud, which one has he conducted, he is only using his own men to siphon local govt funds. We are watching him and his pranks in the media!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Biafradiplomat: 6:32am On May 22, 2013
Nigerians have shown that they are a confused lot, imagine some clueless peeps calling Okorocha clueless! Someone who has redefined governance and is matching words with action in almost all sectors. What is wrong with engaging unemployed idle youths and paying them? Too bad, poverty has really affected the reasoning of some Nigerians.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by jay2k(m): 6:50am On May 22, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Who will be arresting the sagging youths na grin
na stilll our chief law breakers d sagging police men
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by clint77ng: 7:01am On May 22, 2013
[quote
author=owobokiri]

Mbakwe was not all good news to the whole Imo people not to talk of the
whole east.., do yuo know? Ask orlu poeople whom he totally neglected
because his political foe came from there. Yet i TOTALLY agree that he
was the best governor of his time.Okorocha is building roads at a speed
never seen in the history of that state, rebuilding almost all the
schools, building a brand new university and then this Some people
were here few days ago praising the Osun state governor for stuff like
this but Rochas is going to have you guys rain on his parade because he
lambasted lazy youths "sagging" their pants while refusing "inferior"
farm work? Imo imports almost all her food. I say; pull off their
sagging pants and get them into some farms for some needed moment of
productivity. Okorocha may not be your Donald Duke, but he is getting
the job done![/quote] Name the completed roads. Rem that the Otamiri road is NDDC.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by dgb4(m): 7:03am On May 22, 2013
DJDOLA: Ok we will pray over it
this ur praying over every sh*t is not really funny. grow up lad
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by kolamilan(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2013
nyc one, atleast is making an impact.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by COOLDUN: 7:53am On May 22, 2013
ZUBY77: It is amazing how intelligent the whole of nairaland members are while all the politicians in Nigeria are all clueless.
This man Okorocha is getting involved with the people directly. He is close to the traditional rulers, youths, market women etc.. And every bigot here is complaining and condemning..

Please tell us how you will tackle unemployment if you become a gvoernor?

Don't mind the nairaland/online intelligent idiots who see nothing good in a performing rulers as long as it doesn't suit their desires. What we have here is online warriors who don't know what they want in their lives.

I can see that the nairaland forum is dominated by idle loafers ,who love this word clueless, every governor knows his/her state more than these foooools, and is right to do anything that will bring progress to his state, as the chief security officer of the state.

Any of you the faceless nagging animals who doesn't like what R.Okorocha is doing can easily soak garri with a sulfuric ACID or wage a fast moving train with your useless bodies.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Reddick: 8:54am On May 22, 2013
Ok oooo let see how diz'll last. Smh 4 imo..
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nobody: 10:00am On May 22, 2013
manny4life: When a governor forget about his importance in office - responsible for implementation economic, and social policies that will help drive his state, this is what you have. Imo Comedy Central... He never fails to disappoint. What has sagging (though a unacceptable norm) got to do with Imo's economy or unemployment?

Pls you have built urself reputation here, dont mess it up......decency has to do with way of life and way of thinking. we all know where sagging started from, he is just trying to change the mindset of t5he youths that are leaders of 2moro
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by davades(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2013
iamswizz: we call it 'ojè ' in yoruba language

Shakara oloje - Baba Fela
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by DerideGull(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2013
Alhaji Rochas Okorocha is a bloody moro.n. What type of democracy is he running in Imo State? I do not think it is one that mandated “one man one vote and embraces the rule of law” that saw him as governor of Imo State.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 22, 2013
If I were an unemployed Imolite, I doubt I'll be ranting over a sagging policy. Just give me a job! I will even help you wear my trousers to my chest.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Missonas(f): 12:45pm On May 22, 2013
stillwater: If I were an unemployed Imolite, I doubt I'll be ranting over a sagging policy. Just give me a job! I will even help you wear my trousers to my chest.

Hahaha.nw this is a man after my heart.LMSAO!
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by manny4life(m): 12:51pm On May 22, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Pls you have built urself reputation here, dont mess it up......decency has to do with way of life and way of thinking. we all know where sagging started from, he is just trying to change the mindset of t5he youths that are leaders of 2moro

Reputation is about speaking the truth mindless of who's ego gets hurt. I've often rebuked the sagging nonsense on prior threads and even this and I condone such behavior, however, in a democratic led society, you do not arrest folks for sagging. Though it may exist, but I've NEVER heard of it. I've heard of people getting a ticket for indecent dressing, and exposing body parts (private areas), but not sagging.

Moral decency is a way of life but def not the way of thinking. There are people who lack ethical, personal, family values and morals, and what have you and still think highly. They are the best at what they do, let's leave thinking and intelligence out of the equation.

Leaders of tomorrow comes by orienting the youths, engaging them in social and educative programs, and not threatening them. If you threaten them tomorrow, what STOPS him from threatening elementary, middle or high school students if they fail math and science? What STOPS him from threatening youths who decide to do business rather than further their education?

If he's trying to change their mindset, rather than arrest them, educate them. Give them reasons to believe that sagging is not Igbo people's culture but a borrowed behavior and yes, provide an educative, social, and moral incentive. Outright heavy handedness doesn't stop social vices, in fact, it replicates further till it's beyond control.

I just want the man to STOP thinking one-way and start thinking outside the box. He doesn't have to do the thinking, if he hires matter experts or brainstorms ideas from social networks, thank GOD for FB, he will surely get better direction.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 22, 2013
Nawow for Nigerian LEADERS! Oya lets Bann woman wearing Jeans, Bann weave on and wigs, Bann chatting with friends and laughing in da street!! See the initiatives of our Leaders?! Naija youth should then get visa for IRAN or AFGHANISTAN, afterall human rights and freedom of expression and 'fun' is clearly not acceptable by those ogas at da Top, Mtcheeew! Yet we complain about Sharia and Boko Haram! NONSENCE ! angry
donedy: I love the governor's style: He is indirectly pleading for them to go back to kidnapping and arm-robbery.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Abagworo(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2013
I think the reason why so many people are making stupid comments is because of the misleading caption. I don't think he mentioned sagging as a serious issue and its impossible to ban dress code in an advanced State like Imo where the social life is highly Westernized. What he said is that idleness will not be tolerated. People should try and be intelligent for once. The program is called "Youths must work" and nobody should have excuse for idling around. He made it clear that there will be data collection for those that don't want agriculture but they won't get as much attention as those interested in Agric.

Why can't people even consider checking up news media to confirm the authenticity of this falsehood? Check Vanguard, Punch, The Sun, Guardian, Sahara, Channels, AIT, Silver Bird etc
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 22, 2013
GBAM !!
texazzpete:

This is how you know an educated illiterate.

This is a democracy. Anyone who does not want to work is on his own, but that is not a crime. YOU CANNOT ARREST SOMEONE FOR REFUSING TO WORK OR REFUSING TO ENROL IN YOUR PET PROJECT, OR REFUSING TO GET A JOB! Why can't you and your clueless Rochas get this simple fact?

As for Sagging, even though I think the folks doing it must be pretty daft, sagging is NOT indecent exposure and does not show off any of the body's erogenous zones. Stupidity, yes, but a personal choice. What the heck is wrong with Rochas?!

Defend your democracy if you have common sense and stop foisting your moral values on others when they are committing no crime.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by Abagworo(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2013
For those who may not know, people have always been arrested and questioned for failing to prove that they do something to earn a living. It is very normal here in Port Harcourt and it is a way of fighting crime as so many criminals have been apprehended via that. Our criticism of a Governor's ingenuity should not blind some of us from reality. The data collection will aid in fighting crime as the thumb prints and passports will be at Governments reach while those who opt out of work will be closely monitored.

Infact I suggest all Southern States emulate this man. Whoever brought about that idea lives in my world of reasoning.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by ken30: 2:21pm On May 22, 2013
its a laudable decision.
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by macEDWIN(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2013
Imo state sorry, chia 'm weeping 4 u
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by ogbeleje: 5:54am On May 23, 2013
The deceptive governor
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by bb6xt(m): 6:43am On May 23, 2013
@Missonas: I am not against the idea entirely but the willy-nilly part of it. Some people might have jobs which don't require them going to office daily, say like a software developer. Arresting such a person simply because he is sitting in front of his house will be wrong. Hard as it might seem to imagine this scenario it is still quite valid. So if such a fellow is arrested and compelled to "sharpen cutlasses" wouldn't this be akin to forced labor/slavery?
Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by norabenok: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
[img]
Abagworo: For those who may not know, people have always been arrested and questioned for failing to prove that they do something to earn a living. It is very normal here in Port Harcourt and it is a way of fighting crime as so many criminals have been apprehended via that. Our criticism of a Governor's ingenuity should not blind some of us from reality. The data collection will aid in fighting crime as the thumb prints and passports will be at Governments reach while those who opt out of work will be closely monitored.

Infact I suggest all Southern States emulate this man. Whoever brought about that idea lives in my world of reasoning.
[img][img][/img][][/image]

Like this man on the foot of a stadium light pole in Orlu, get him arrested?

Re: Okorocha Threatens To Arrest Idle Youths by rafcrown(m): 7:33pm On May 02, 2020
bemagnify:
y ar u dis dumb?
Dumb like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Members Flee To Kano, Kaduna / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report / Chibok Parents Want Daughters Before May 29 (emotional Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.