Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card (15063 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Receives His National I.D Card In His Yola Residence. Photos / Atiku And Wife Register For National I.D Card At Thier Abuja Residence / APC Congratulates Nigerians On Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 7:37pm On May 21, 2013
hope everyone is aware of the registration process for the new i.d card presently going on in Abuja (do not know about other places).

the process is very simple and what you require are old national i.d card/current drivers license/current voters card/valid i.d card, birth certificate/declaration of age and a pen/biro.

the earlier you do it, the better
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by marvelling(m): 8:12pm On May 21, 2013
Are you going to pay any money during processing?
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 8:12am On May 22, 2013
Not at all where I did mine.

If anyone charges you for anything know that you are being duped sad
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by tomakint: 8:19am On May 22, 2013
Thanks OP for the timely info!
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Gboliwe: 8:22am On May 22, 2013
oloriooko: hope everyone is aware of the registration process for the new i.d card presently going on in Abuja (do not know about other places).

the process is very simple and what you require are old national i.d card/current drivers license/current voters card/valid i.d card, birth certificate/declaration of age and a pen/biro.

the earlier you do it, the better
It is going on too in Owerri and Enugu too. I hear its a nationwide activity though but I am certain of these two towns
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2013
Gboliwe:
It is going on too in Owerri and Enugu too. I hear its a nationwide activity though but I am certain of these two towns

That's good, hope we all take advantage of this program. 16 years and above are eligible for it.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Gboliwe: 8:31am On May 22, 2013
oloriooko:

That's good, hope we all take advantage of this program. 16 years and above are eligible for it.
i registered in February, I still have the temporary card. Do you know if they have started issuing the permanent card?
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2013
Gboliwe:
i registered in February, I still have the temporary card. Do you know if they have started issuing the permanent card?

Congrats for registering early.

No, they've not started issuing the cards yet but you will be contacted via the phone number and email you registered with whenever it's ready.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by solid3(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2013
OP, where exactly did you register cos I hav not seen any where it is done. Need to do mine ASAP.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by awodman: 9:39am On May 22, 2013
Information disemmination by government officials is poor..alot of people are not aware of this!!!...NIMC and NOA should carry out an aggressive public enlightenment campaign of these important process
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Gboliwe: 9:44am On May 22, 2013
oloriooko:

Congrats for registering early.

No, they've not started issuing the cards yet but you will be contacted via the phone number and email you registered with whenever it's ready.
really? This will happen in this country? That would be good. Thank you for the information.
Appears you work with them. I must commend your staff in both Owerri and Enugu offices where I did mine and escourted my cousin to do hers. They were so nice and well trained to attend to the public. I was impressed. If other government offices could take a cue from them, nigeria would be greatly better
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2013
awodman: Information disemmination by government officials is poor..alot of people are not aware of this!!!...NIMC and NOA should carry out an aggressive public enlightenment campaign of these important process

Yes you right that's the reason for this post so we can do our bit via this forum,
It's very vital we make sure every eligible Nigerian registers.
Thanks
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by awodman: 10:42am On May 22, 2013
Gboliwe:
Where exactly can I register in Owerri..thanks
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by OmoPastor(m): 10:57am On May 22, 2013
@ OP
please where in Abuja can i register?
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Nobody: 11:18am On May 22, 2013
@op! Your effort to disseminate this info across will be complete if only you include the addresses.

Thanks.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Bontee: 11:31am On May 22, 2013
You can enrol online here https://www.ninenrol.gov.ng/

These are the enrollment centers and it is one for each state in addition to mobile centers which i know nothing of at the moment.

http://www.nimc.gov.ng/Pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Bontee: 11:32am On May 22, 2013
Enrollment instruction for everyone.

Every citizen from the age of 16 years and above and legal residents are eligible to enrol for the NIN. (Arrangements are currently being made to ensure that all persons from birth can be registered and enrolment of biometrics from the age of five (5) can be achieved).The process is the same whether you choose the self-service or you require an assisted service.

There are different ways you can enrol for the NIN:

Self Service Enrolment
Stage 1

Applicant visits NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ng to access the Enrolment Form or walks into an enrolment centre and use the self-service workstation.
Fills the Enrolment Form online and prints a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration ID number.
At the enrolment centre, the enrolment officer scans barcode to pull up the applicant data or uses the Registration ID Number to pull up the information from the database.
Alternatively,

Applicant walks into an enrolment centre and picks up an enrolment form.
Fills the enrolment form, providing the required demographic information.
Applicant approaches the enrolment officer who collects the completed form and inputs the details into the enrolment portal.
Stage 2: Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
Stage 3: Applicant has his photograph, finger print captured.
Stage 4: Applicant has his supporting documents scanned.
Stage 5: Enrolment is acknowledged and a slip is generated and given indicating completion of enrolment.
Stage 6: Applicant leaves the enrolment centre.

b) Assisted-Service
Stage 1: Applicant walks into enrolment centre and request for enrolment assistance.
Stage 2: A support officer assists applicant in picking and filling the enrolment form.
Stage 3. Applicant approaches an enrolment officer who collects the completed form and inputs the details into the enrolment portal.
Stage 4: Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
Stage 5: Applicant has his photograph, finger print captured.
Stage 6: Applicant has his supporting documents scanned.
Stage 7: Enrolment is acknowledged and a slip is generated and given indicating completion of enrolment.
Stage 8: Applicant leaves the enrolment centre.

c) Mobile-Service
Stage 1: Applicant goes to a mobile enrolment station.
Stage 2: Request an enrolment form and fill it or request a support officer to provide assistance.
Stage 3. Applicant approaches an enrolment officer who collects the completed form and inputs the details into the enrolment portal.
Stage 4: Applicant verifies and confirms the enrolment data on the system.
Stage 5: Applicant has his photograph, finger print captured.
Stage 6: Applicant has his supporting documents scanned.
Stage 7: Enrolment is acknowledged and a slip is generated and given indicating completion of enrolment.
Stage 8: Applicant leaves the enrolment centre.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Bontee: 11:34am On May 22, 2013
Documents needed when doing the registration.

PROOF OF IDENTITY

Proof of Identity document must contain name and photo of the resident. Any of the following POI documents are supported.

Passport
Voter ID
Driving License
Government Photo ID Cards
Photo ID issued by Recognised Educational Institution
Photo Bank ATM Card
Photo Credit Card
Photo Credit Card
Pensioner Photo Card
PROOF ADDRESS (POA) DOCUMENTS

Proof of Address documents must contain name ann address of the resident. Any of the following POA documents are supported.

Passport
Bank Statement/Passbook
Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
Voter ID
Driving License
Government Photo ID Cards
Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
Insurance Policy
Signed letter having photo issued by Recognised Educational Institution
Pensioner Card
Authority (for rural areas)
Income Tax Assessement Order
Vehicle Registration Certificate.
Registered Sale/Lease/Rent Agreement
PROOF OF DATE of BIRTH (DoB) DOCUMENTS

Prof of DoB document must contain Name and DoB of the resident. Any of the following documents are supported.

Birth Certificate
Passport
Certificate
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Bontee: 11:36am On May 22, 2013
There are Registration Centers in all the 36 NIMC State offices in the capital of each State and FCT and with time, there will also be centers in all the 774 Local Government offices nationwide. There are also plans to establish additional registration centers and mobile registration centers in strategic locations for easy access to enrolment.

Location of NIMC State Offices/Registration Centers:

State
Abia Plot P3, Government Station Layout, Umuahia, Abia State
Adamawa Opposite The Scope Newspaper, Behind Federal Secretariat Complex, Yola, Adamawa State
Akwa Ibom Federal Secretariat, Abak Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
Anambra 6 Ndukonwu Street, Off Zik Avenue, Near State C.I.D., Amawbia, Awka, Anambra State
Bauchi 3 Abdulkadir Ahmed Close, Behind CBN Zonal Office, Bauchi, Bauchi State
Bayelsa Eketi Layout, Opposite Osiri Hotel, Yenagoa
Benue Jonah Jang Crescent, Beside Federal Secretariat, Makurdi
Borno Near International Airport Junction, Jos Road, Maiduguri
Cross River Murtala Muhammed Highway, near Calabar City Gate, Calabar
Delta Federal Secretariat Complex, Okpanan Road, Asaba
Ebonyi 21 Emefor Street, Ntezi-Aba, Abakaliki
Edo 1 National Identity Card Road, Off Isekhure Way, Sapele Road, Benin
Ekiti 15 Olora Street, Federal Housing Complex Road, Adebayo, Ado-Ekiti
Enugu Emene Industrial Area, By Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, Prado Junction, Enugu

Federal Capital Territory
Industrial Training Fund Building, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja

Gombe Federal Low-Cost Housing Estate, By Police Out-Post, Gombe
Imo Port Harcourt Road, New Owerri
Jigawa Room 411, 3rd Floor, Federal Secretariat Complex, Sani Abacha Road, Dutse
Kaduna Federal Secretariat, Kawo, Kaduna
Kano TAL-UDU, Federal College of Education Junction, By Gwarzo Road, Kano
Katsina Federal Secretariat Complex, Kano Road, Katsina
Kebbi 26 Ahmadu Bello Way, Near Bindawa Commercial Center, Birnin-Kebbi
Kogi Plot 18, Lokongoma Phase 1, Along Kabba-Okene Road, By FRSC, Lokoja
Kwara Opposit Dangote Flour Mills, ASA DAM Road, Beside Kwara State House of Assembly, Ilorin
Lagos Plot 1, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Opposite Alausa Secretariat, Ikeja - Lagos
Nasarawa Shendam Road, Near Federal Ministry of Justice, Lafia
Niger Mamman Kontagora Road, Along Federal Secretariat Complex Road, Minna
Ogun Federal Secretariat Complex, Oke-Masan, Abeokuta
Ondo Igbatoro Road, Near Federal Scretariat, Akure
Osun Biket Junction Area, New Ikirun Road, Osogbo
Oyo Beside Adegoke House, Iyana Express, New Garage, Ibadan
Plateau Lamingo Dam Road, Opposite Human Right Commission, Katton Rikkos, Jos
Rivers 238, Aba Road, Port Harcourt
Sokoto Old Airport, Gusau Road, Sokoto
Taraba Plot 12, Road "E", GRA Extension, Jalingo
Yobe Federal Secretariat, Along Gahua Road, Damaturu
Zamfara Kantin Daji Area, Opposite Gusau Motor Park, Gusau
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 11:36am On May 22, 2013
Location of NIMC State Offices/Registration Centers:

State Location

Abia Plot P3, Government Station Layout, Umuahia, Abia State

Adamawa Opposite The Scope Newspaper, Behind Federal Secretariat Complex, Yola, Adamawa State

Akwa Ibom Federal Secretariat, Abak Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State

Anambra 6 Ndukonwu Street, Off Zik Avenue, Near State C.I.D., Amawbia, Awka, Anambra State

Bauchi 3 Abdulkadir Ahmed Close, Behind CBN Zonal Office, Bauchi, Bauchi State

Bayelsa Eketi Layout, Opposite Osiri Hotel, Yenagoa

Benue Jonah Jang Crescent, Beside Federal Secretariat, Makurdi

Borno Near International Airport Junction, Jos Road, Maiduguri

Cross River Murtala Muhammed Highway, near Calabar City Gate, Calabar

Delta Federal Secretariat Complex, Okpanan Road, Asaba

Ebonyi 21 Emefor Street, Ntezi-Aba, Abakaliki

Ekiti 15 Olora Street, Federal Housing Complex Road, Adebayo, Ado-Ekiti

Enugu Emene Industrial Area, By Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, Prado Junction, Enugu

FCT Industrial Training Fund Building, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja

Gombe Federal Low-Cost Housing Estate, By Police Out-Post, Gombe

Imo Port Harcourt Road, New Owerri

Jigawa Room 411, 3rd Floor, Federal Secretariat Complex, Sani Abacha Road, Dutse

Kaduna Federal Secretariat, Kawo, Kaduna

Kano TAL-UDU, Federal College of Education Junction, By Gwarzo Road, Kano

Katsina Federal Secretariat Complex, Kano Road, Katsina

Kebbi 26 Ahmadu Bello Way, Near Bindawa Commercial Center, Birnin-Kebbi

Kogi Plot 18, Lokongoma Phase 1, Along Kabba-Okene Road, By FRSC, Lokoja

Kwara Opposit Dangote Flour Mills, ASA DAM Road, Beside Kwara State House of Assembly, Ilorin

Lagos Plot 1, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Opposite Alausa Secretariat, Ikeja - Lagos

Nasarawa Shendam Road, Near Federal Ministry of Justice, Lafia

Niger Mamman Kontagora Road, Along Federal Secretariat Complex Road, Minna

Ogun Federal Secretariat Complex, Oke-Masan, Abeokuta

Ondo Igbatoro Road, Near Federal Scretariat, Akure

Osun Biket Junction Area, New Ikirun Road, Osogbo

Oyo Beside Adegoke House, Iyana Express, New Garage, Ibadan

Plateau Lamingo Dam Road, Opposite Human Right Commission, Katton Rikkos, Jos

Rivers 238, Aba Road, Port Harcourt

Sokoto Old Airport, Gusau Road, Sokoto

Taraba Plot 12, Road "E", GRA Extension, Jalingo

Yobe Federal Secretariat, Along Gahua Road, Damaturu

Zamfara Kantin Daji Area, Opposite Gusau Motor Park, Gusau

for more info, you can also visit http://www.nimc.gov.ng/Pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by angelTI(f): 12:54pm On May 22, 2013
for those in lagos NIMC"s office is opposite shoprite, Ikeja

Did mine in January n was told it wud b ready in a month. na wait i stil dey wait till today o
#the staff wer courteous, polite n d process of registerin was quite fast! was so impressed
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Gboliwe: 2:46pm On May 22, 2013
awodman:
Where exactly can I register in Owerri..thanks
its in portharcourt road. Close to cbn and federal secretariat.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 22, 2013
Thanks but i've done mine since March.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by oloriooko(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2013
if you want to know more about the importance of the new i.d card, please visit the link above
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by taharqa2: 6:31pm On May 22, 2013
@ MODs, this Extremely informative and Important thread shld make d FP plz, if it hasn't already; a lot of persons need to know about this process.... @OP, thnks mush for opening this thread. Plz, where is the centre in Benin, and what is their office hours?
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Bontee: 9:22pm On May 22, 2013
taharqa2: @ MODs, this Extremely informative and Important thread shld make d FP plz, if it hasn't already; a lot of persons need to know about this process.... @OP, thnks mush for opening this thread. Plz, where is the centre in Benin, and what is their office hours?

Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by PHIPEX(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2013
This should be at the front page, many of us here were under-aged during the last exercise grin grin
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by OmoPastor(m): 2:57pm On May 26, 2013
thanks all for this vital info, God bless you all
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 26, 2013
OmoPastor: @ OP
please where in Abuja can i register?
11 sokode Crescent, off Dalaba street,Wuse Zone 5. Abuja.
Re: Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card by Christopher0317: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2016
hello how are you please where can i do drivers license ad international i d card in owerri

(1) (Reply)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / With Tanko Almakura As Chairman, APC Sure Of Retaining Power In 2023 - Shola / Akpabio & Obong Attah Reunite At Florence Ita-Giwa's Birthday Party (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.