Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France (611 Views)

Secret Plot By Buharis Men To Remove CBN Boss Emefiele Bring In Hayatudeen / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France by Maxymilliano(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2013
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi spoke yesterday on his health.

He said he had his appendix removed in Paris, France during his annual vacation.

There was a rumour that Sanusi was gravelly ill.

He said: “I didn’t leave this country to get medical attention. I went on my annual vacation to Paris and then I had a crisis; the doctors call it peritonitis of the appendix, which basically is an infection that spreads inand destroys your organs and you die.”

Sanusi said he was fortunate to have a friend in a part of the world with good hospitals and surgeons and “so the crisis came on April 30 and I had to goin for surgery on the 1st of May when an appendectomy was done and my appendix was taken out. The germs were drained out I had to have strong antibiotic treatment for a week in the hospital”.

The CBN boss said he spent another week outside the hospital but that he had been “medically cured”. “I no longer have an appendix. The surgery has healed and I need a few weeks to get my energy levels back to normal, but I’m very fine I don’t know if you are happy about that,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/cbn-boss-sanusi-i-had-surgery-in-france/
Re: CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France by simplyme3(f): 7:34am On May 22, 2013
Thank God before SaharaReporters will say he died of Tribonifugal KLeptomanism.
Re: CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France by Maxymilliano(m): 7:54am On May 22, 2013
eGuerrilla:
CBN Governor Returns Secretly From Surgery in France

LEGISREPORTS NG – The Central Bank Governor of Nigeria, Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, arrived Nigeria yesterday from a medical trip in France.

The Governor was said to have undergone a surgery related to appendicitis in the French capital,Paris. He came aboard an Air France Boeing atexactly 4:10pm yesterday and was accompanied by his wife Princess Sadiya Ado Bayero and other close family members.

LEGISREPORTS learned that his arrival was not made public, close family, friends and high level CBN delegation were at hand to receive him at the Nmadi Azikiwe International Airport. Sources close to the Governor said he shook hands with everyone that welcomed him which suggests that he is recovering rapidly from the surgery.

However his medical trip was not officially communicated to the Nigerian public by the CBN, calls made by LEGISREPORTS to the PR department ofthe CBN to confirm if the Governor will be proceeding on sick leave to better recuperate were unanswered

Contrary to earlier report making the rounds; He said: “I didn’t leave this country to get medical attention. I went on my annual vacation to Paris and then I had a crisis ...
Re: CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France by Nobody: 8:27am On May 22, 2013
It is good to read this response from a government official who could easily have stuck up the middle finger as a befitting reply to inquiring minds on Nairaland. grin Herein lies the proof that Mallam Sanusi's views on health tourism -at least on the surface - stands at odds with those expressed by some commentators here: https://www.nairaland.com/1292396/sanusi-undergoes-secret-surgery-france

My earlier post...

Lilimax:
There is nothing wrong in travelling abroad for treatment if you can afford it but my take is
that they should equip our hospitals so that people that are not opportuned to travel
abroad will have access to good medical care.

It is clear from your post that, as long as money is no object, you see nothing wrong with health tourism, which is estimated to cost our nation 80 billion Naira annually. The problem with this view is that, while it asserts the right of an individual to make choices based on prerogative, it conveniently ignores the situational context in this instance: the politics of Mallam Sanusi himeslf grin

Anyone who has followed SLS closely knows that he has, unashamedly, been associated with various campaigns geared towards arresting capital flight (from our shores) since becoming CBN governor. What is also true is that, this aspect of his persona has endeared him to many in our society.

Jarus' timely reminder which situates Mallam Sanusi as the head of an institution outside the fray of politics is closer to the mark, and more of a spirited defense, in my opinion. But even this logic falls down, because it fails to reconcile the political leanings of a CBN governor known to wear his heart on sleeve with his personal choices.

I reserve the right to highlight these contradictions, even as I wish Mallam Sanusi a speedy recovery wink
Re: CBN Boss Sanusi: I Had Surgery In France by simplyme3(f): 8:56am On May 22, 2013
Some Mr. & Mrs. Know Alls will begin to argue why didnt he fly back to Nigeria to have himself treated instead of staying in Paris to have himself treated. They forget to read that he was already on vacation when he had the medical issue.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Allow The Fools Take Pride In Their Stupidity. / APC Formally Applies To INEC For Registration / The Hypocricy Of The South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.