Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash (9976 Views)

8 Killed In Pre-election Violence In Rivers / 8 Killed At Heipang In Jos / 8 Killed, 3 Injured In Multiple Explosions At Baga Road In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by Nobody: 10:57am On May 22, 2013
strangest: Rest in peace... Were they killed or they died? @op and mod

@strangest,U deserve to be shot in the Ass.....
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by christokuty: 10:58am On May 22, 2013
may their gentel souls rest in peace.
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by dridowu: 10:58am On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:

What road is Bad?! angry

Driver error na ehn dey casue accidents for Anambra State. Just this Sunday on my way back to Port-Harcourt, A truck ran into a building on that beautiful and wide road in Onitsha (a few kms before Obosi interchange). I saw one body on the ground as at when I crossed, I't looked like there might be more.

If a road is bad, shouldnt that slow a driver down naturally?!
we are saying samething bro, read my post again . Enjoy ur day
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by emmabest2000(m): 11:04am On May 22, 2013
R I P
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by iykecon(m): 11:08am On May 22, 2013
may there soul rest in peace
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by justmenoni: 11:51am On May 22, 2013
May their soul Rest in perfect peace.
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by Ninapha(f): 12:02pm On May 22, 2013
God hv mercy oo. Too much accident on our roads. Another happened along onitsha- owerri Rd. same yesterday. That Ideani-umuoji road and Nnewi old road calls for serious caution from drivers. The roads are not very wide and any overspeeding is an open arm to disaster.
Rest in peace to d dead! What a way to end it all!!!
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by chidyke77(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2013
That particular area is bad may be bcus of thé river and sloppy nature of the road. Rip to d dead and quick recovery to the injured.
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by Ogojohn(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2013
chidyke77: That particular area is bad may be bcus of thé river and sloppy nature of the road. Rip to d dead and quick recovery to the injured.
The accident was as a result of break failure. The bus is an Alor unique mass transit bus coming out from Alor and as a result of the brake failure the driver couldn't control the bus from the hill towards the road that joined Alor to the Nnobi-Umuoji-Nkpor road. So the bus just ran into the tipping truck from the junction connecting Alor and Nnobi and you could as well guess what will be the resultant effect. It is by no way as a result of bad road or narrow road.
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by hardbody: 2:45pm On May 22, 2013
xynerise: 8 died, 8 injured in Anambra auto crash

NNEWI—No fewer than eight persons were feared dead, yesterday, in an auto crash involving a Mitsubishi commercial
bus and a tipper lorry at the Ideani end of Nnobi-Ideani-Ojoto-Umuoji-Nkpor road in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Eight others also allegedly sustained various degrees of injuries in the accident, which occurred as a result of a head-on collision by the two vehicles.

According to an eyewitness, the bus, an Ekwulobia-bound fully-loaded mass transit vehicle, coming from Onitsha- Nkpor, collided with the tipper, coming from Nnobi end, close to Ideani River.

The tipper lorry was said to have smashed the bus, which resulted in the instant death of six of the bus passengers, while two others died on their way to a nearby hospital.

Those that sustained injuries were said to on danger list in their hospital beds.

Efforts by newsmen to get in touch with the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in-charge of Nnobi Police Station on phone, proved abortive as there was no response.

A Senior Police Officer, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the incident but said only four had so far been confirmed dead by the police.

The Onitsha Unit Commander of Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, Mr. Metta, could not be reached at press time.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/8-die-8-injured-in-anambra-auto-crash/

Mehhnn, and i know that road oo, very smooth and sweet road. I erroneously used it in december when i was trying to link up Onitsha from Ihiala coming through Orlu-nkwere road. That road is asmooth as okro and you could easily be doing 180km/h without feeling the drive. Its a pity for the bereaved.
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by imperiouxx(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2013
Okija juju:

What road is Bad?! angry

Driver error na ehn dey casue accidents for Anambra State. Just this Sunday on my way back to Port-Harcourt, A truck ran into a building on that beautiful and wide road in Onitsha (a few kms before Obosi interchange). I saw one body on the ground as at when I crossed, I't looked like there might be more.

If a road is bad, shouldnt that slow a driver down naturally?!

On Nigerian highways, there are no speed limit, either good or bad road. That's the major causes of road accident in Nigeria.
Re: 8 Killed, 8 Injured In Anambra Auto Crash by softangel(m): 11:37pm On May 23, 2013
May the souls of the dead rest in peace. God plz take charge of the lives of the survivors and alleviate their pain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Reserves 8,000 Tonnes Can’t Solve Food Crisis — Officials / Finance Bill 2020: Nigerians Don’t Need TIN To Operate Bank Account – FG / Killers Of 5-Year-Old Hanifa Arraigned In Court, Case Adjourned Till February 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.