Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy (7750 Views)

British-nigeria Wants To Bribe Us To Persuade NNAMDI KANU...IPOB / NASS Resumption: DPO Leads Security At Assembly Complex / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by ffo(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2013
In order to forestall reprisal attacks from dissident groups, the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Ambassador Seyi Ademola Onafowokan has appealed to the Ghanaian Inspector- general of Police to beef up security in the mission.
“The situation in Nigeria and Mali gives us a lot of concern. In West Africa, Ghana probably is our most prominent embassy and we could be a target. That is why I have come this morning to seek your support. We have policemen deployed to the embassy. We have them in the residence. But most time we give them off duty every Friday, sometimes when they get to their duty post in the morning they just disappear, especially the ones at the residence.
Onafowokan also told the Inspector General of Ghana Police, Mohammed Ahmed Alhassan yesterday, when he called on him at the police headquarters that; because of the offensive the Nigerian government had launched against Boko Haram and the rebels in Mali, any Nigerian mission could be a target for terrorists’ attacks.
Also, the envoy has called on the Ghanaian police to facilitate the release of the body of a Nigerian, Joseph Bernard, who was allegedly killed in an accident in 2011.
Earlier, the IGP had briefed the Nigerian envoy on the state of security and the Ghana Police Service and its efforts to curtail criminal activities in the country.

source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/55073-nigeria-wants-tighter-security-at-accra-embassy
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by dj187: 3:54pm On May 22, 2013
Make dis nigeria high commissioner go rest joor! like say naija na US we terrorist dey attack their embassies around d world, no be onli ghana make him go north korea, iraq, UK go lay same report
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 22, 2013
trying to be relevant?
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Okijajuju: 3:57pm On May 22, 2013
E be like say e don tey wey this guy name appear for Newspaper, so ehn decide to grant interview. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by martyns303(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2013
Possible, very much possible.
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by DJDOLA(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2013
Ghana i need ur help now..and I no u must do it for me nigeria because I have done so manythings for...now is ur turn ghana
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 22, 2013
A step in the right direction Mr Ambassador.

"To be fore warned is to be fore armed" - unknown
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by greall1: 4:04pm On May 22, 2013
No *...*
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Feedmemore(f): 4:22pm On May 22, 2013
The Ambassador is on point, precautionary measure should be taken to avoid story that touch.
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Krasid(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2013
WHAT FOR
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 22, 2013
I can't categorically say something on dis issue cos I know the moderator will hide it. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Chregor(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2013
A nation roundly known 4 putting the cart b4 d horse is, improving.
Intelligence gathering, right on course.
Consulates sense a wind of imminent attack; naija is, working.
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by sucreblazing(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2013
Ambassador u get point jare....u know want make them take bomb scatter ur head
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Rapmaestro(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2013
googlepikin: I can't categorically say something on dis issue cos I know the moderator will hide it. That's all.
GBAMM, if dem continue hiding comments, lets see who will contribute... Dema f00ls jorh
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by ffo(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2013
why are these moderators hiding a lot of comments on my thread.
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by BankuTilapia: 4:43pm On May 22, 2013
DJDOLA: Ghana i need ur help now..and I no u must do it for me nigeria because I have done so manythings for...now is ur turn ghana
Wot can a shiiiiiiit hole lyk nigeria possibly do for a Great country lyk Ghana. U out of ur phucking mind

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 22, 2013
To be proactive is better than to be reactive.
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by ffo(m): 4:48pm On May 22, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Wot can a shiiiiiiit hole lyk nigeria possibly do for a Great country lyk Ghana. U out of ur phucking mind

go and ask your fore fathers and your fathers, Nigeria accomodated them when they had nothing. that is why we have "Ghana Must Go"

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by kokosheen(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2013
I actually applaud his initiative. Is it until a Nigerian embassy is attacked before he takes proactive action
Also, he's not asking for additional security par se, but his request is for those security personnel assigned to guard the embassy be around to guard it.

I think a circular was sent to all embassies to shore up their security detail.

Good move.

Dudes don't forget we fighting a war on terror here, just because we can’t see pictures don’t mean it isn’t happening
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by dgitrader(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2013
The ambassador knows more than he is revealing, is it potential attack from bokoharam? or angry Nigeria residents in Ghana?. If he knows the embassy isn't protecting Nigerians interest enough, they should seat up and remember the Senegal incident in Dakar.
What's his business with securing the building? Is it by going to the press? Or he is now doing the job on behalf of the security attaches/NIA?
Noise makers.

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by smoothcrim2014: 5:38pm On May 22, 2013
If Boko ever came to Ghana I hate to see what will happen. It will be hell on earth for many because the level of revenge we will get will be written about for 100000 years!! The Boko would not dare step on Ethnic Ghanaian soil.

On another note they have not even reached Southern Nigeria. They are more likely to target things in middle Nigeria and then Southern Nigeria before they move out of the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Nacl: 5:45pm On May 22, 2013
ffo:

go and ask your fore fathers and your fathers, Nigeria accomodated them when they had nothing. that is why we have "Ghana Must Go"
YOU ARE TALKING OF THE PAST.. I BET YOU, GHANA IS BETTER TODAY.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 22, 2013
smoothcrim2014: If Boko ever came to Ghana I hate to see what will happen. It will be hell on earth for many because the level of revenge we will get will be written about for 100000 years!! The Boko would not dare step on Ethnic Ghanaian soil.

On another note they have not even reached Southern Nigeria. They are more likely to target things in middle Nigeria and then Southern Nigeria before they move out of the country.
hahahaha. Very funny. Only 10 boko haram men are enough to wipe Ghana out of the world. It will take only ogun state barracks Nigerian army 2 days to wipe Ghana out of African map. Sending lagos army boys to Ghana its an insult. Just 200 Nigerian marines are enough to make Ghana history.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by devigblegble: 6:07pm On May 22, 2013
GHANA VS NIGERIA again Abeg I no wan laugh today make my boss no think say I'm making fun of him in the office

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by ghananotnaija(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2013
Why should the taxpayers of Ghana pay to protect the Nigerian embassy from hostilities brought on by Nigerian incompetence and greed? Shameless Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by searay(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2013
Rap maestro: GBAMM, if dem continue hiding comments, lets see who will contribute... Dema f00ls jorh
na only hide una dey complain, thank God no be red card and penalty.
Re: Nigeria Wants Tighter Security At Accra Embassy by chriskwaku: 6:31pm On May 22, 2013
DJDOLA: Ghana i need ur help now..and I no u must do it for me nigeria because I have done so manythings for...now is ur turn ghana
Bros make you no worry.I would inform col rtd Lartey the national security cordinator to incorporate the military to beef up your protection. One love Gh and Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / Edo, Ondo 2020: IGP orders mop-up of illegal firearms, arrest of offenders / Despite Being Majority, Young Nigerians Excluded From Ministerial Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.