Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? (925 Views)

A Residential Plot For Sale In Ajah. Excision And Gazette [N5.5M] / Residential Property Of 10Flats @ Olateju Area, Mushin. (Pixxx) / Residential - Property For Sale In Co-operative Villa, Badore, Ajah @ N100m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? by nikkygal(f): 2:37pm On May 22, 2013
Hello Nlers.

My husband and I are actually on the look out to buy a good property on the Mainland (Lagos) and it's honestly been very frustrating especially as it seems land on the Mainland is practically getting extinct (at least in the areas within our budget).

Now the issue is we have seen a fairly okay property that's within our budget but is sandwiched between 4 churches within a 100m radius. . . . shocked Please don't get me wrong, am a christian too!!! But there's no denying that with the proliferation of churches (mosques) in Nigeria today, they are gradually constituting a nuisance in quite a lot of neighbourhoods. . . especially the residential areas.

We intend living in the property if we buy it and there's a church next door, another two churches in the building directly opposite the property and another one like 100m down the street. . . . .AH! Am already thinking of all the loudspeaker wahala, endless weekly vigils, parking issues etc and am discouraged.

So am thinking, if you were in my shoes,would you go for it?

P.S.- Please this was not posted to slight either the christians or muslims!!! Kindly read/respond to this post from a commercial or investor's point of view only. Thank you!
Re: Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? by lawali: 11:59pm On May 22, 2013
I will advise you look for another properties. If you are to leave in there it won't be enjoyable at all.What is the benefit of owing a prop one can enjoy quietly. If it's for commercial, it may be managable to an extent.
Re: Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? by Sprumbaba: 2:49am On May 23, 2013
You had better find another property not close to Church. Due to my past experiences, you wont know if I am a Catholic or Muslim. At this level, it does not worth it.
The first instruction I give to my Estate agents when finding property is nothing close to Church or Mosque. That is why it is good when you buy in an estate that has regulations. Even in one of these popular estates, I had to turn down an offer because the plot was close to the place earmarked for religious space and they are building one already. Good luck in your property search.
Re: Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? by nikkygal(f): 9:34am On May 23, 2013
Hmmmmn!!! Please keep the comments coming. . . . smiley
Re: Would You Invest In A Residential Property Surrounded By Churches? by blank(f): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
How about a situation where you buy a property, start living there and find out that two churches moved there within a year. After 2 years, two more churches and a mosque to boot?

The annoying part is that it reduces the worth of your properties.

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom @ General Gas, Ibadan-ptnl PROPERTIES / Pls Guys How Many Blocks do you think Can be enough to Fence A 2plots Of Land / Docherich Nigeria Limited (the Best In The Stone Coated Roofing Sheet World)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.