Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Nairaland Chicken Soup - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Chicken Soup (10209 Views)

VIDEO - Demon Possessed Man Bites Head Off Live Chicken In TB Joshua's Church!!! / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? / Which Came First: The Chicken Or The Egg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
I can't open my mail on my phone, send a message to Becky Toyosi Ogundiran on facebook, let's talk there
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Becalina:
I can't open my mail on my phone, send a message to Becky Toyosi Ogundiran on facebook, let's talk there

Ok wink
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:57am On Dec 30, 2015
LET LOVE LEAD

A teacher asked her students to bring some
tomatoes in a plastic bag to school. Each tomato will be given the name of the person whom that child hates. Like this, the number of tomatoes will be equal to the number of persons they hate.

On a decided day, the children brought their
tomatoes well addressed. Some had two, some had three and some had five, some even had 20 tomatoes in accordance with the number of people each student hates thus if a student hates 5 people, he will bring 5 tomatoes.

The teacher told them they have to carry the
tomatoes with them everywhere they go for 2 weeks.

As the days passed the children started to
complain about the spoiled and smell of the tomatoes. Students who had many tomatoes complained it was very heavy to carry and the smell was too much.

After 1week, the teacher asked the students "How did you feel this one week?" The Children complained of smell & heavy weight of the
tomatoes especially those who carried more tomatoes.

The teacher said, "This is very similar to what you carry in heart when you don't like some people. Hatred makes heart unhealthy and you carry that hatred everywhere. If you can't bear the smell of spoiled tomatoes for a week, imagine the impact on your heart that you
carry throughout life."

The Heart is a beautiful garden that needs regular cleaning of unwanted weeds. Forgive those who have angered you. This makes room for storing good things. Get better not bitter and let love lead.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 7:46am On Mar 20, 2016
UNWORTHY
Author - Brainhack

Unworthy! i woke up from sleep this morning and this was the first word that flashed through my mind. Unworthy! Unworthy! Yes i know, I am not going to argue with you. I remember all i have done; true, very true. I have no defense for all that i said to myself as i headed to the bathroom with a towel. I have no defense for this accusation and i am not denying it, guilty as charged.

Even still i felt a strange peace in me, it was quietness, it was stillness. "If only i could get there, O if only i could get there" i thought to myself. I also felt appreciation for everything i had, at least i was happy to be alive though i knew i wasn't any good.

Getting out of the house, after a 15 minutes walk; here i was. Unworthy has come, a little smile beamed across my face because i am as unworthy as unworthy could be but i knew unworthy was accepted here; unworthy is truly unworthy but the Good Man of the house doesn't mind. Though a mighty King, He had always shown me great kindness and mercy. Mercy i will ask for once again. I will come again, again and again; fight every iota of doubt, to believe i am part of Jesus Christ's household just as He says.

Unworthy has entered the house of God, Joy!
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
P.U.S.H.
Author - Unknown

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might.

So, this the man did, day after day.

For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all of his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.

Since the man was showing discouragement, the Adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved."

Thus, he gave the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.

Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort; and that will be good enough."

That's what the weary man planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and to take his troubled thoughts to the Lord. "Lord," he said, "I have laboured long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimetre. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all of your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push.

And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown; your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. True, you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. That you have done. Now I, my friend, will move the rock."

At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just a simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves mountains.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
DROWNING

After a few of the usual Sunday evening hymns, the church's pastor once again slowly stood up, walked over to the pulpit, and gave a very brief introduction of his childhood friend.

With that, an elderly man stepped up to the pulpit to speak, "A father, his son, and a friend of his son were sailing off the Pacific Coast," he began, "when a fast approaching storm blocked any attempt to get back to shore. The waves were so high, that even though the father was an experienced sailor, he could not keep the boat upright, and the three were swept into the ocean."

The old man hesitated for a moment, making eye contact with two teenagers who were, for the first time since the service began, looking somewhat interested in his story. He continued, "Grabbing a rescue line, the father had to make the most excruciating decision of his life: to which boy he would throw the other end of the line. He only had seconds to make the decision. The father knew that his son was a Christian, and he also knew that his son's friend was not. The agony of his decision could not be matched by the torrent of waves. As the father yelled out, 'I love you, son!' he threw the line to his son's friend."

"By the time he pulled the friend back to the capsized boat, his son had disappeared beyond the raging swells into the black of night. His body was never recovered."

By this time, the two teenagers were sitting straighter in the pew, waiting for the next words to come out of the old man's mouth. "The father," he continued, "knew his son would step into eternity with Jesus, and he could not bear the thought of his son's friend stepping into an eternity without Jesus. Therefore, he sacrificed his son. How great is the love of God that He should do the same for us." With that, the old man turned and sat back down in his chair as silence filled the room.

Within minutes after the service ended, the two teenagers were at the old man's side. "That was a nice story," politely started one of the boys, "but I don't think it was very realistic for a father to give up his son's life in hopes that the other boy would become a Christian."

"Well, you've got a point there," the old man replied, glancing down at his worn Bible. A big smile broadened his narrow face, and he once again looked up at the boys and said, "It sure isn't very realistic, is it? But I'm standing here today to tell you that that story gives me a glimpse of what it must have been like for God to give up His son for me. You see, that sailor. I was the son's friend."
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:06am On Apr 05, 2016
A SMALL GAP

One day a small gap appeared in the cocoon, through which the butterfly had to appear. A boy, who accidentally passed by, stopped and watched how the butterfly was trying to get out of the cocoon. It took a lot of time, the butterfly was trying very hard, and the gap was as little as before. It seemed that the power would leave the butterfly soon.

The boy decided to help the butterfly. He took a penknife and cut the cocoon. The butterfly immediately got out, but its body was weak and feeble, and the wings were barely moving.

The boy continued to watch the butterfly, thinking that now its wings would spread and its would fly. However, that did not happen.

The rest of its life the butterfly had to drag its weak body and wings that weren’t spread. It was unable to fly, because the boy did not realize that an effort to enter through the narrow gap of the cocoon was necessary for the butterfly, so that the life-giving fluid would move from the body to the butterfly’s wings and that the butterfly could fly.

Life forced the butterfly to leave its shell hardly, so that it would become stronger and would be able to grow and develop.

If we were allowed to live without meeting difficulties, we would not be viable. Life gives us challenges to make us stronger.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
BEING RICH
Author - Jaye Lewis
A True Story

We prowled through the second hand bookstore, the day after Christmas, just my husband, Louie, our daughters, Jenny and Helen, and me. This was a precious time for us, because we would be splitting up as a family, again, in just a couple of days. It had been a tough eight months since my husband had retired from the Navy. As plotters and planners, we had manipulated the "military system," while on active duty, as much as we could, trying to prevent a long, dreaded absence from one another. Now, here we were, retired, and we were eight months into our longest separation.

When my husband retired, we discovered that the only job available for him was in the city of Norfolk, Virginia. Our dream was to live out the rest of our lives in the mountains of southwestern Virginia, six and a half hours away. My health had gotten so bad, that it was impossible for me to stay with Louie in the city. We had settled for a separation, praying that a job would become available in the beautiful region that we love.
So, there we were, delaying the inevitable, passing time in a second hand bookstore, before the girls and I headed back to southwest Virginia. We were as broke as we'd ever been, supporting two households; yet we were grateful to be together, and we seized every opportunity for extra hugs, shared daydreams and laughter.

There was only one other person in the bookstore, besides the proprietor, a lovely, well-dressed, woman, about my age. I noticed her clothes, her shoes, and her expensive handbag, and I wondered what it would be like, to be rich enough to walk into a bookstore and have the money to buy any book my heart desired. But we were having so much fun, that I quickly forgot the woman.

We joked as we continued our treasure hunt, clutching our spending money of five dollars apiece, all hoping to be the first to find the oldest, least expensive book. It was a bittersweet excursion. Frequently Louie and I would brush past one another, finding excuses to touch or to give another's hand an extra squeeze.

Jenny remembered, that there was an ATM machine, not far from the bookstore, and she decided that she needed another twenty dollars that she had squirreled away. "No fair!" I cried, laughing. "The rest of us can only spend five dollars, and here you're going to have twenty-five dollars?!" We all laughed, and we began to tease Jenny, mercilessly, but she was able to convince her Dad that she must have the $20, in order to get that irresistible book.

"Come on, Jenny," Louie laughed. "I'll drive you to the ATM."

Then we did another round of hugging and kissing, none of us wanting to be apart for even a few minutes.
Soon Louie and I would be saying "good-bye." We couldn't resist the opportunity to assure one another of our love, and our faith that our separation would soon come to an end. It must have been a curious ballet, this demonstrative family scene, but we were oblivious to what others might think.

Military families seem to fall into two categories: those who look for affectionate opportunities, and those who avoid close contact, because "good-byes" are painful. I have to admit that we're a pretty "huggy-kissy" family, so unmindful of anyone else, we continued to give kisses and hugs all around. In our military career, we had become painfully aware, that anything can happen during even the briefest separation. But now, as I look back, I realize how odd me must have looked.

Finally, in between another hug and kiss, I saw the perfect book for me! It was one hundred years old, and it was on my favorite time period, the Middle Ages. Oh, how I wanted that book! I quickly checked the inside cover for the price, and my heart fell. It was twenty-five dollars! We just didn't have it. I looked up at Louie, already knowing the answer.

He must have wanted me to have that book. I could see the pain in his eyes. Louie reached out and gave me an extra hug. I understood his "honey, we just can't afford it" message. I leaned into his sheltering arms, and I saw that the well-dressed lady was also touching the book that I wanted. Ah well, let her have it. I gave Louie and extra hug, and half serious, I murmured, as my eyes locked with hers.

"Oooohh, I wish I were rich!"

"It looks to me, as though you already are," she said with a smile.

There was a pause that stretched through eternity, and my heart filled with comprehension. I looked up at my husband, and I gazed at my daughters, wrapped as we were in the arms of love, and I knew it. I was rich. Very rich. I quickly turned to thank the woman for her gentle reminder, but she was gone!

Who was she? I'll never know. But what she did for my outlook, was nothing short of miraculous. I will never forget her. Where did she disappear to? I can't say.

Strangely enough, within days, my husband received a job offer in southwestern Virginia. In less than two weeks, he was hired and we moved to the place that is now our home. The job notice had been sent out two days before Christmas, even as we hugged and kissed and wished in that bookstore. Even as I heard the words, "It looks to me, as though you already are," events were already in motion to unite our family.

I am quite certain that it was all part of God's plan, to remind me of what being "rich" is all about... faith, love, family, and friends. And when I get to heaven, I will not be at all surprised to discover that God sent an angel to a second hand bookstore, in Norfolk, Virginia, to give me his richest message, the day after Christmas, many years ago.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 11:38am On Apr 06, 2016
JUST A DREAM?

For the last few months I had noticed the brakes on my car getting weaker and weaker. They still worked but it took longer for my car to stop and I had to push the brake pedal further to the floor. I knew that I needed a new set of brake pads put on, but it was the middle of a rough Winter and I had so many other things to do. I kept putting it off then and babied my brakes as much as I could. The other night, though, I had a dream. I was driving my car on a bright, sunny day when suddenly a stalled car appeared in the road in front of me. I stomped on my brakes but they didn’t work and I smashed into the back of the other car. The dream wreck awoke me with a start and I decided to get my brake pads changed the next day. When the mechanic took off the old ones I noticed that the pads were worn paper thin.

The day after that I was driving home from the grocery store with my daughter beside me and my two sons in the back seat. As I neared a tight, mountain curve I saw a Semi-truck coming from the other direction. It took the curve too fast and slid two feet over the center line. I hit my brakes and simultaneously steered my car towards the side of the road. We gasped as the huge truck missed us by only a foot. It was only later when I was home safe in my bed that I realized that if I had still had my old, worn-out brake pads on I wouldn’t have been able to slow down fast enough to have missed that truck. My children and I would have either been injured or killed. I closed my eyes and gave thanks for that dream. I guess God still had some more for us to do in this world.

Now many would say that it was just a dream and it was all only a coincidence. I, however, stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago. I know how much God loves us and I know that He interacts in our lives here more than we can even imagine. The threads of our lives weave in and out with the lives of everyone else in this world, but only God sees the full tapestry. He knows that every moment we live and every choice we make are important. He sends us messages, dreams, thoughts, angels, and countless coincidences then to keep us on the right path, the path of love, the path of kindness, the path of goodness, the path that leads us back Home again.

Don’t ignore those messages from above. Listen to your angels. Pay attention to your dreams. Follow those urges to do good, give kindness, share love, and spread joy. Notice those countless “coincidence” that fill your days. They can lead you. They can guide you. They can even save your life.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by analice107: 12:13am On Apr 07, 2016
brainhack:
THE BARBER

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:
"I don't believe that God exists."
"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.
"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists,would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine loving a God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and un-kept. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens is, people don't go to Him."
Wow, I feel like clapping.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by analice107: 12:35am On Apr 07, 2016
brainhack:
COAT HANGER ANGEL

A woman was at work when she received a phone call that her daughter was very sick with a fever. She left her work and stopped by the pharmacy to get some medication for her daughter.

When returning to her car she found that she had locked her keys in the car. She was in a hurry to get home to her sick daughter, she didn't know what to do, so she called her home and told the baby sitter what had happened and that she did not know what to do.

The baby sitter told her that her daughter was getting worse. She said, "You might find a coat hanger and use that to open the door." The woman looked around and found an old rusty coat hanger that had been thrown down on the ground possibly by someone else who at some time or other had locked their keys in their car.
Then she looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this." So she bowed her head and asked God to send her some help.

Within five minutes an old rusty car pulled up, with a dirty, greasy, bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag on his head. The woman thought, "Great God. This is what you sent to help me?" But, she was desperate, so she was also very thankful.

The man got out of his car and asked her if he could help. She said "Yes, my daughter is very sick. I stopped to get her some medication and I locked my keys in my car, I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car."

He said, "SURE." He walked over to the car, and in less than one minute the car was opened. She hugged the man and through her tears she said,"THANK YOU SO MUCH ... You are a very nice man."

The man replied, "Lady, I am not a nice man. I just got out of prison today. I was in prison for car theft and have only been out for about an hour. "The woman hugged the man again and with sobbing tears cried out loud ...

"THANK YOU, GOD, FOR SENDING ME A PROFESSIONAL!"
Hahahahahahahaha, God sure has a sense of humor.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by Thebrightest(m): 12:40am On Apr 07, 2016
analice107:

Wow, I feel like clapping.
Hahahahahahahaha!
Never knew an omnipotent creator needs his creation to remind him of the right thing to do by coming to him.
The barber didn't create the dirty man, so the dirty man is not his responsibility.
God created the hungry and dying children, hence the children are god responsibility.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by analice107: 1:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Thebrightest:
Hahahahahahahaha!
Never knew an omnipotent creator needs his creation to remind him of the right thing to do by coming to him.
The barber didn't create the dirty man, so the dirty man is not his responsibility.
God created the hungry and dying children, hence the children are god responsibility.
What can I say to you? Have u ever heard this Word, "FREEWWILL"?
You won't have any regrets when you stand before God. You know why? The truth is stiring you in the face, but you choose to insult it, malign and scorn it. You won't have any regrets because you will remember this day. Believe me, you will.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 9:08am On Apr 11, 2016
KEEPING YOURSELF POSITIVE
Author - Brian Tracy

The most important thing you do for your success is to take control of the suggestive elements in your environment. Be sure that what you are seeing and listening to is consistent with the goals you want to achieve.

Listen Your Way to Success
Listen to educational audio programs in your car. The average person drives 12,000 to 25,000 miles per year which works out to between 500 and 1,000 hours per year that the average person spends in his or her car. You can become an expert in your field by simply listening to educational audio programs as you drive from place to place.

Take Courses in Your Field
Attend seminars given by experts in your field. Take additional courses and learn everything you possibly can. Learn from the experts. Ask them questions, write them letters, read their books, read their articles and listen to people with proven track records in the area in which you want to be successful.

Get Around the Right People
Associate only with positive, success-oriented people. Get around winners. As we say, fly with the eagles. You can't fly with the eagles if you keep scratching with the turkeys. Get away from the go-nowhere types and above all, get away from negative people.
Get away from negative coworkers.

If you've got a negative boss, seriously consider changing jobs. Associating on a regular basis with negative people is enough in itself to condemn you to a life of underachievement, frustration and failure. Associate only with positive people. Get around winners.

Visualize Your Goals
The last thing before you sleep and the first thing in the morning, think about and visualize your goals as realities. See your goal as though it already existed. Your subconscious mind is only activated by affirmations and pictures that are received in the present tense. See your goal vividly just before you go to sleep. See yourself performing at your best. See the situations that you're facing working out exactly the way you want them to.

Feed Yourself Mental Pictures
See yourself living the kind of life that you want to live. See yourself with the kind of relationships, the kind of health, the kind of car, the kind of home you really want. Visualize just before you fall asleep at night. The first thing you do when you get up in the morning is to feed yourself mental pictures. Those are the two times of the day when your subconscious mind is most receptive to new programming, when you fall asleep and when you wake up.

Action Exercises
Here are two things you can do, all day long, to keep your mind and emotions focused on your goals and financial success:

First, listen to audio programs in your car and when you travel around. Continue feeding your mind with a stream of high-quality, educational, motivational material that moves you toward your goal.

Second, resolve to associate with positive, optimistic people most of the time. Get around winners and get away from negative people who criticize, condemn and complain. This can change your life as much as any other factor.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2016
I HAVE A DREAM
Author - Martin Luther King

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2016
I STILL CHOOSE TO WORSHIP YOU
Cobhams Asuquo

Have you read the papers, do you hear what they say?
Rising unemployment, cost of living everyday is getting high
Another suicide bomber in a bus with thirty kids
It kinda makes me wonder what those children ever did
yet we still go to church and sing shout to the Lord
and we lift up holy hands and we're reading his word
now i am sitting by my piano with nothing to play
but that doesn't change the fact that God is God anyway

So i sing bless ye the lord through my trials and all my troubles
I have come with a heart of worship
for the gift of your son, for the grace to fight my battles
I have come to you with thanksgiving
hear my broken cry, see my broken spirit
but in every situation, i'll still choose to worship you

Please forgive me this is not your normal worship song
I try to write a simple song that me and everyone can sing along
but i realise that there is something about praise
it shouldn't only come when all is seemingly okay
so when you start to cry, like your life is a mess
don't be scared, don't be discouraged it is only a test
why don't you lift up your voice to the ears of your God
and release sweet smelling savour from your alabaster box

Singing bless ye the Lord, through my trials and all my troubles,
though the flowers die, see the grasses whither
but when troubles multiplies, i'll still choose to worship you

I worship you, Almighty God, what a mighty God we serve,
who is there like you Jesus, lover of my soul?
only God to whom all praise is due,
blessed be the... he will make a ...you are highly... oooo

Bless ye the Lord, through my trials and all my troubles,
singing bless ye the lord, through my trials and all my troubles
for the gift of your son, for the grace to fight my battles,
I have come to you with thanks giving,
saying, hear my humble cry, see my broken spirit,
but in every situation, i'll still choose to worship you.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSJwO5dJXg

EVEN WHEN IT HURTS
Hillsong United

Take this fainted heart
Take these tainted hands
Wash me in Your love
Come like grace again

Even when my strength is lost
I'll praise You
Even when I have no song
I'll praise You
Even when it's hard to find the words
Louder then I'll sing Your praise

I will only sing Your praise

Take this mountain weight
Take these ocean tears
Hold me through the trial
Come like hope again

Even when the fight seems lost
I'll praise You
Even when it hurts like hell
I'll praise You
Even when it makes no sense to sing
Louder then I'll sing Your praise

And my heart burns only for You
You are all You are all I want
And my soul waits only for You
And I will sing till the morning has come

Lord my heart burns only for You
You are all You are all I want
And my soul waits only for You
And I will sing till the miracle comes

Even when the morning comes
I'll praise You
Even when the fight is won
I'll praise You
Even when my time on earth is done
Louder then I'll sing your praise

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojvz49lSfM4

Sauti Sol
KULIKO JANA (MORE THAN YESTERDAY)

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu (The Lord is my savior)
Tena ni kiongozi wangu (And He is my Leader)
Ananipenda leo kuliko jana (He loves me today even more than yesterday)
Baraka zake hazikwishi (His Blessings are unending)
Si kama binadamu habadiliki (He is not like man, to change)
Ananipenda Leo kuliko jana (He loves me today, more than yesterday)

Kuliko jana, kuliko jana (More than yesterday)
Yesu unipende leo, kuliko jana (Jesus love me today, more than yesterday)
Kuliko jana, kuliko jana (More than yesterday)
Yesu unipende leo, kuliko jana (Jesus love me today, more than yesterday)

Si nakuomba Mungu uwasamehe (Forgive them, God I pray)
Wangalijua jinsi unanipenda mimi wasingalinisema (If they knew how You loved me they’d be quiet)
Na maadui wangu, ninawaombea (To my opposers I pray)
Maisha marefu wazidi kukuona ukinibariki (For long life that they may see Your blessing to me)

Ujue binadamu ni watu wa ajabu sana (Human beings are shocking)
Walimkana Yesu mara tatu kabla jogoo kuwika (They denied Jesus three times before the rooster crowed)
Ujue binadamu ni watu wa ajabu sana (Humans are shocking)
Walimsulubisha Yesu masiya bila kusita (They crucified Jesus savior with no hesitations)

(Refrain)

Bridge:
Wewe ndo nategemea (It is You I rely upon)
Kufa kuponea baba nakutegemea (Life or death Father I rely upon you)
Chochote ‘kitanikatsia (Nothing will prevent me)
Kuingia mbinguni hutan’ondolea (From entering heaven)
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7O7LQpQaoc

3:37 ....let my losses show me, all i truly have is You
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
WHAT IS THE ONE SENTENCE THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE?
Author - Christopher Daniel

While away on vacation, my friends who I was with thought it would be a good idea to take a day and volunteer at an old people’s home. While I was there, an old man asked me how I was and if I was enjoying my time away from home. I told him, since I was gone for about 5 days then, that I was tired and looking forward to going home within yet another week.

Later that day, the old man asked if I could wheel him back to his room, as he was in a wheelchair. After we got to the room, I said bye and told him it was nice to meet him. As I turned around to walk out, he grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him and said the following:

“Don't look forward to going home. All my friends are dead and I would give anything to spend two weeks with them on a vacation. Always be happy where you are.”

I will never forget that. That was about 13 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2017
WHAT ARE LIFE LESSONS PEOPLE MOST OFTEN LEARN TO LATE IN LIFE?
Author - Shary Wolf

I am 67 years old. These are among the best things I have ever learned:

1) You spend your first 20 years worrying what people think about you. You spend your next 20 years swearing that you don’t care what people think about you. You spend the next 20 years realizing that they aren’t thinking about you. A liberation!

2) Any day on this side of the dirt is a good day. Some people didn’t make the cut last night. I was hit by a speeding taxi as I was walking to a bus stop. I spent a month in rehab with two broken legs, a brain injury, multiple back injuries and other fractures. The night before I was hit, a young, married couple was also hit. They both died. Practice gratitude.

3) A woman I know spends most of her time thinking about how much she hates her thighs. She can give you a detailed report on what is wrong with them. She forgets all the places those legs have taken her, all the miles they have walked for her. It doesn’t occur to her that when she gets up in the middle of the night to pee, those very thighs walk her to the toilet. Spend more time appreciating what you’ve got— a heart that beats, a way to pick up your cup of coffee, the eyes that see that cup and know what color it is. Blessings abound.

4) There are two kinds of people in this world – those who believe there is enough to go around, and those who don’t. Here is an example: If Margo is leaning up against the car kissing her boyfriend, and I think how nice that must feel, do I try to steal Margo’s boyfriend or do I go out and get my own boyfriend? I go out and get myself a boyfriend. I don’t need to steal Margo’s. I know that there is enough to go around.

5) An old Native American woman was asked why she was always so happy. She said that she has two wolves in her heart and they are both hungry— one wolf is angry and evil, the other wolf is filled with love, and that's the only one she feeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 11:27am On Jan 14, 2018
The Good Agnostic
Author - A Facebook User

1) In the ancient times, the Jews viewed Samaritans as worse than dogs thus, seeing them as unworthy of the rights to blessings and access to a Kingdom of Eternal Bliss.

2) The Samaritans on the other hand, hated the Jews for their pride, contempt and entitlement mentality because they are "Sons of Abraham".

3) This prompted Jesus...arguably the greatest man that ever lived to give a parable on the good Samaritan.

4) With my Christianity background, I saw this entitlement mentality playing out itself again...as though everyone else who is not a Christian (by name or affiliation) is doomed to Eternal Damnation.

This brings me to the Parable below;

THE PARABLE OF THE GOOD AGNOSTIC

1) A certain man travelled down from Ibadan to Lagos and fell into the hands of merciless armed robbers. The robbers beat him silly, took all his money and valuables and wounded him to the point of near death.

2) After the incidence, a Winners member drove past slowly and on seeing the wounded man crying for help...he zoomed off.

3) Within half an hour, a Redeem member coming straight out of the Redemption camp drove past slowly, but turned a blind eye and automatically went deaf to the pleadings of the wounded traveler.

4) But a certain Agnostic fellow with a compassionate heart stopped to examine the traveler who was almost unconscious at the time, revived him with a bottle of water and administered a few pain relief tablets (paracetamol) to ease the traveler's pain.

5) The agnostic assisted the traveler into his car and arranged for that of the traveler to be towed as well. The agnostic drove the traveler to a nearby state owned hospital and paid for the medical and feeding expenses of the traveler.

6) The agnostic was a wealthy fellow who risked his life for a traveler he knew nothing of.

NOW WHO AMONG THESE PEOPLE HAVE PLEASED THE ALMIGHTY WITH THEIR ACTIONS?

Note: I do not have anything against Redeem or Winners. Their names are only used as an example here to pass a message across and nothing more.

Thank you.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 11:34am On Jan 14, 2018
brainhack:
The Good Agnostic
Author - A Facebook User

1 John 3:10 [NIV] - This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
Why do people work so hard in life even though they know that nothing they have done or ever will do will remain with them?
Author - Jos Buurman (Quora)

Years ago a friend's car broke down and he and his wife were in need of it because she was pregnant at that time. I have a car and handed it to them, going to work with public transport for a couple of months, enough for them to save some money and find a decent car.

Couple of years later there was this tiny lady I hardly knew who asked me money for surgery of her ill father. I had my doubts yet I gave her a fair amount. It saved his life at that time. I know it's true because I met him little less than a year later in decent health. I recall a friend buying bread and something to put on it for a homeless person. It might not stay with us yet it will stay with others. Not that many people are completely lonely on this planet, many have families and friends, children and grandchildren. You never know who benefits from your gift.

The point of life? Understand that you cannot keep anything and share generous. You'll lose it anyway, why not start today?
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
KIND TO A FAULT
Author - Unknown
A True Story

Argentinian golfer, Roberto de Vincenzo, won a tournament and the big cheque that goes with it. After the celebrations he was strolling back to his car when he was approached by a young woman who congratulated him on his victory. She told him her daughter was seriously ill and close to death. She needed an expensive heart operation.

Roberto didn’t think twice. He took out his pen and signed the cheque over to the woman.

At next week’s tournament, a golfing official approached Roberto and said he’d heard the winner’s cheque had been given away. "I have bad news," he said. "It was a con. You’ve been duped. There is no sick child. She’s fleeced you."

"You mean there is no baby who is dying?" said Roberto.

"That’s right," said the golf official, shaking his head.

"That’s the best news I’ve heard all week!"
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by gssdobi: 12:07am On Mar 05, 2018
Op, thanks for wiping away my tears. God still reigns. Even though, all we see around us is evil. HE IS STILL LORD OVER ALL!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 8:33am On Mar 30, 2018
WHAT IS THE HARDEST LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNT IN LIFE
Author - Benhur Margoschis (Quora)

Roman and I went to the same Engineering School. He and I were in the same class.

For so many reasons, I envied him. He was richer than me. He had the attention of all the girls. He was smarter. He scored better grades.

He and I never had any personal enmity, but I envied him. Envy begot hatred. I nurtured hatred. I remained a mute hater. Whenever he smiled, it burned me within.

During the second year, he and I happened to work together for the annual day celebrations. During the preparation, there was a misunderstanding between us and I exploited the opportunity.

I stood up, walked toward him and punched him hard in his face. I was a strong man. He did not expect me to hit him. Shocked, he fell to the ground. He did not retaliate. He was trying to get back to normalcy.

He did not read my hatred. He did not feel my air of senseless hostility. He looked at me terrified and puzzled.

During the course of the year, there were a few occasions in which we crossed paths. I made use of every occasion. I did not hit him again, but I kept sending him signs that I hated him.

Gradually, he too started showing signs of resentment toward me. We exchanged stares. We scuffled whenever we got the chance.

During the final year, he and I belonged to different groups to do the project research. We worked on our projects for months together. It was the week of submission and demonstration.

I opened my locker to check my project model. It was tampered with. The day ended. My project was incomplete. I was given an extension.

At this point, the hatred I had toward him turned into a callous rage.

I itched for revenge. He was leaving the campus to go home. I had gathered some of my friends from outside. We thrashed him until he could not move. He passed out.

The issue got escalated instantaneously. The local police got involved. Both families got involved. Influential people got involved.

It ended as a nasty, awkward, and shameful incident for everyone involved.

We both graduated successfully. We went our separate ways.

I kept stalking him.

I kept checking his whereabouts. He went higher in life. He went to Singapore. He got married. A son was born.

I was observing his life closely. He bought a home. He visited the Netherlands once. He bought a Ford Mustang. He was building a great family.

At this point, though my hatred toward him had subsided, I kept stalking him for some reason. I did not hate him anymore. It was just a feeling of mild envy and vague sense of competition—who gets better in life.

Three years ago, he drowned in the sea, while his wife and baby watched from the shore. He was 25.

Pause—

The news reached me —it did not actually reach me— it cleaved my heart into pieces.

When I entered his home for the funeral, his mother stood beside his body. When she saw me, she cupped her mouth, ran toward me, screamed agonizingly, and hugged me.

She sobbed like a child. I did not console her. I just let her hug me.

“Do you see your classmate? You hit him, remember? Do you want to hit him again, Ben? Go ahead. HIT HIM!! HIT HIM” she yelled at the top of her lungs. She slapped me hard. I was scared she might explode to death.

I kept looking at his motionless body. I looked at his wife and his baby. They stood nearby, crying inconsolably. The wife was trying to console her baby. Life had just begun for them. Death had knocked the wrong door.

Under that grieving roof, I observed a massive change within me. When I saw the old mother grieving her sunshine, the hatred I had for him dug deep into me, ripped my heart out, and flew out of me, with a deafening scream.

When I saw the wife standing helplessly, all the envy I had accumulated murdered my conscience.

Deep inside my heart, I retracted all the hatred I had for him. I realized that the hatred was never a reflection of him but my inner demons.

My heart started beating faster. I did not speak, but within me, I was begging God to send my friend back to life so I could seek forgiveness. Just once.

“Please God,” I shrieked in pain. Guilt was consuming me from inside, like a gnawing worm inside a fruit.

The whole family lamented the shocking departure of a young soul. They stood in utter denial and disbelief.

I left the home, burying my trifling hatred, envy, and hostility along with my friend.

I realized how big a mistake I had been making.

There is absolutely no sense in us harboring hatred toward people. We hate people based on faith, race, status, and other things.

We fail to realize that everyone we hate is a human being, struggling to face his personal demons.

Life is way too swift and unpredictable to hate anyone. I swore not to hate anyone anymore. I will protest anything or anyone that makes me hate others.

Even if it is God, I will wrestle him.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
zaramtips:
ANGER DID IT

Anger has killed many souls
It has destroyed many businesses
It has even destroyed many valuable properties
It has destroyed marriages and good relationships
The same anger has also made so many businesses loose potential customers

A lot of people are struggling with this Life threatening Issue. Here me, until you deal with it.. You will keep rotating in a circle

Some people uses the word "Anger is a normal feeling" to justify their anger issue . Yes Anger is more than normal, it is even healthy but you know what? It is a HEALTHY ASSASSINATOR.

Some people be parading claiming CEO, Head of the house, Boss lady and all other title. You think say you be boss, Na lie o. Anger is the real boss here and until you deal with it, it will continue to boss you around

If you don't deal with it now, maybe very soon you will become a victim of those things listed above

There are just to steps to dealing with the spirit of anger

1. heal your old wounds. First of all you need to know that anger is triggered When we are reminded of our old wounds.

For instance: My previous relationship wasn’t a good one at all (Old wound) each time my Fiancé does something that reminds me of my old wounds (Previous relationships) I reacted by getting anger and trying to defend myself from a repetition of what happened to me in my previous relationship. Remember that anger is a “defense mechanism produced by our sub-conscious”

If you can't let the past go, dealing with anger would be a problem

2. work on your self confidence. People gets angry when their self esteem is being tampered with through criticism. Be confident enough to know that criticism isn’t a fact but someone’s opinion.

Do not wait until you fall a victim to those things listed above. it has the power to destroy you but then you need to authorize it first

Let your watch word be "I forgive you for you know not what you are doing"

#Learn
#Exhibit
#Becomepowerful

#Zaram #Editor #Zaramgraphics #socialpsychologist #ihelpyouunderstandyourselfandothers
Re: Nairaland Chicken Soup by brainhack(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
zaramtips:
STOP LIVING BY CHANCE.

My landlord is a man of 40years old, he's currently confined to a wheel chair because of a fatal accident he had few months ago

Each time, I hear him groaning and mumbling in pain, he keeps saying "how can a full fleshed man like me be sitting like this all day"

I feel his pain but there's nothing I or anyone could do to help his situation. He has to be there until the day his legs gets better, if ever it will.

He's my landlord and he has other tenants who pays rent to him, he's got shops and factories where people works for him.

Though he's confined to a chair but no day passes without him putting on his gen, he doesn't drink pure water but eva water. His families are not here in Nigeria.

The kids are all schooling abroad. I thought they would all come back home since their Dad is no longer capable of working but I didn't see that happen

They are still there, school fees are still being paid, expenses are still met

How did this happen, maybe the man has a money tree inside his room or possibly he's a Ritualist

Yes I think one snake is vomiting money for him inside his room

I hope you are thinking what I'm thinking �?

Oya clap for yaself.

Now listen
There's no snake or money tree anywhere
The man just lived his youthful days intentionally, he didn't leave his life to chance

He toiled with the days of his youths to acquire the wealth his currently enjoying today. Who knows at what age this man started hustling,

You think you are still too young to start, very soon you will be 30 and just maybe you will no longer have the ability to do it anymore.

If he had been a wantrepreneur maybe by now he would have been in the streets being pushed about by one of his kids and begging for alms

What is that thing you have been willing to do but thinks the time is not right yet, there's no right time anywhere my friend. The right time is this very moment.

The only time you are sure of is this moment
Use it like its your last, make hay while the sun shines

Have it in mind that things changes and you need to prepare for this uncertainties.

#Learn
#Exhibit
#Becomemore

#Zaram #Editor #professionallogomaker #Businesscoach

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anyone Help With Rituals, Ife,juju,black Magic Etc. / Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? / The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.