Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,549 members, 7,865,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. (906 Views)

Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / Scam Alart: Don't Fall Victim To This People (visa/green Card Scam) / Nigerian 'Yahoo Boys' Scamming Westerners As Far Back As 1949 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by Nobody: 10:27am On May 23, 2013
I know I'm not supposed to open this thread in this section, but decided to take advantage of the traffic here.
Haven seen the advert on double recharge promo on AIT TV courtesy MTN, I decided to load 1,500 credit using the double recharge code, alas! to my greatest surprise, when I decided to subscribe to their blackberry monthly plan, I got a reply that I don't have sufficient credit on my phone.The worst part is that, I can't even send sms, I can only make calls and I was told it will expire 11:59 today. Made several efforts to get across to their customer care through twitter and customer care line on the phone, but they won't respond, instead they were busy responding to others with flimsy problems.
Re: MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2013
My brother, ur totally correct same thing has happened to me 3 days back, mine was so painful because I loaded my card at night wit dat code and when I try to activate my BIS, it was not possible and I couldn't even finish my credit on calls that day because it was late.

I share in ur pains, but keep trying to get them if it can be reverted or visit their friendship center close the you.
Re: MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by Nobody: 10:51am On May 23, 2013
I believe it was clearly stated that the double recharge Promo is from 6:00pm on Friday and expire 11:59Pm on Sunday Night. So why blame mtn for falling into their trap? I beleive you saw that once you load 1500 mtn will give you extra 1500 and they gave you that double promo; so this is not a scam you are to blame. Awoof tru tru they run bele
Re: MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2013
@yomi, u don't get it, when u recharge and the credit is doubled, they ought to allow u enjoy ur own money and withdraw the bonus, but in their case is different, moreover is not even for a full weekends again, is done for jst 12hrs, just buy a recharge card, dial *885* the pin# to confirm what where saying. It a scam, our personal money loaded should be spent d way we want it not them telling us when our own money will expire. Bonus can expire,no problem but not our main money.
Re: MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by jaso1(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2013
We need to manage our utterances in social media like this. The situation at which you are reporting here can not help than to tarnish the immage of the company. Mind you those who work there are Nigerians. If you check deeply your family may be among its staff or in the future you find yourself within. Therefore, you must take your issue to the right channel for resolution instead of applying the proverb that- if layer fowl, by mistake spat your charm you will break its eggs so as not to have reproduction.
Let us behave like those who fear God. I feel your plight but if you approach any of MTN Offices and explain to them what youre facing i'm quiet sure it will be resolved. I once had such problem that almost run me mad, i went staright to their office and thing was resolved. most time is their network and this is due to upgrading and desires quality service for all of us. i was fed with this and they appologise.
Re: MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by Nobody: 11:22am On May 23, 2013
@ jas o! Maybe be you should re-read the post once again. I went through some channels and got no feed back.
God fearing so that they will continue scamming us? and what is satan fearing in trying to help others not to fall a victim. shut up my friend.
Re: MTN Scamming, Pls Beware, Don't Fall A Victim. by sasview: 11:40am On May 23, 2013
Etisalat had done same to me once, I loaded 2k voucher which I aimed to use for data bundles, but could not be used because of their "double you recharge" scam with no clear condition before you opt in only to come up with the hostile condition after you have invest your money. Na professional scammers then be".

(1) (Reply)

‘how Can A Governor Dress Like A Woman To Escape?’ / PTDF Broke, May Not Meet Financial Obligations, Says New Boss / Supreme Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal ***Upholds Uduaghan As Delta Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.