Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For (623 Views)

Senate Postpones Decision On Anti-Amaechi Petition Till Wednesday / Anti-amaechi Lawmakers Win / Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by maclatunji: 10:54am On May 23, 2013
Jonathan’s 2015 campaign posters flood Port Harcourt again

Few months after outrage greeted the display of pro-President Goodluck Jonathan 2015 campaign posters in Abuja, a group of campaigners have again flooded the streets of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital with the President’s posters. The posters are canvassing supports for Jonathan to seek a second term in 2015.

The posters, which were sponsored by a little known group, Voter 2 Voter, bear a bold picture of the President, with the inscription “Our Dependable Choice, 2015.”

The appearance of the campaign posters sparked controversy amongst youth in Rivers State, asking for the removal of Governor Rotimi Amaechi from office. The youth were believed to have pasted the posters.

Thousands of anti-Amaechi protesters, under the auspices of Rivers People’s Assembly, RPA, stormed the Mile 1 fly over parks as they came from different locations to cloud the Isaac Boro Park, where they first converged.

Chief Nduka Emeka, who led one of the RPA protest groups, said they were determined to ensure that the governor provide answers to the ownership of the state’s grounded jet, which he said was the reason for RPA’s annoyance.

Nduka said: “We want Amaechi to step-down. Odili left two planes for him, today Rivers State does not have any aircraft. Even the controversial one he bought, we don’t know who the true owner is.”

Ironically, some of the protesters sporting Amaechi Must Go T-shirts, told newsmen that they had no idea why they were protesting.

One of them, Frank Mbonu, said, “My friend invited me, gave me the T-shirt and some cash to join them. He told me it was his master, who was coordinating the runs.”

The protesters later marched to the Rivers State Government House, from Isaac Boro Park with police on guard.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/23/jonathans-2015-campaign-posters-flood-port-harcourt-again/
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by maclatunji: 10:56am On May 23, 2013
@bolded, serious gaffe by the protest "organisers". I pity my people and country. Indeed, poverty is not only a disease but an affliction.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by Reptyle(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2013
When I saw the pictures of the "protest" on Nairaland, I knew most of the people in the crowd were "jobmen." grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by Nobody: 11:11am On May 23, 2013
99 percent of organized protests in nigeria are sponsored by a politician or interest group. Nigerians are not the protesting type.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by maclatunji: 11:12am On May 23, 2013
J12: 99 percent of organized protests in nigeria are sponsored by a politician or interest group. Nigerians are not the protesting type.

June 12 and fuel subsidy protests are notable exceptions.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by nuclearboy(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2013
Lets assume these people get their way and Amaechi is impeached, jailed, molested in jail and even killed NOW!

Let us ALSO assume Jonathan "forces" a win in 2015!

BUT then in 2019 (or will he be there forever?), someone organizes protesters requiring his administration be probed and he be jailed?

What is wrong that people, who whether by dint of hard-work or accidents, find themselves in positions of honor, CANNOT use their heads and realize that life itself, talk-less power, is transient and that the only thing that is certain is change!

Keep on sponsoring, scattering and aiding confusion - those who live by the sword WILL die by the sword

1 Like

Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by Nobody: 11:39am On May 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Of course. Nigerians only protest when they've been pushed to the limit, anything else won't stand.
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by Afam4eva(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2013
maclatunji:

I think this is exactly the problem. How do we know which one is an ecxception and which one isn't?
Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by maclatunji: 11:50am On May 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think this is exactly the problem. How do we know which one is an ecxception and which one isn't?

J12:

Of course. Nigerians only protest when they've been pushed to the limit, anything else won't stand.

@Afam, let me give you a tip. You will know it is not real when the protesters are smiling and probably dancing too. Genuine protests are sparked by anger and I do not believe angry people smile very much unless they are planning sinister, cold-blooded revenge.

The late Gani Fawehinmi was a genuine protester, you could see the passion ebbing from his soul.

1 Like

Re: Anti-amaechi Protester Does Not Know What He Is Protesting For by malc619(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2013
The Protesters are as dull as Oga GEJ...

SMH

cool

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Appoints New Immigration Boss / Wamakko: I Have Been Vindicated, Calls For Amaechi's Recall / Fashola And Tinubu Planning Lga Tenure Elongation In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.