Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Your Camera And You As A Makeup Artist - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Camera And You As A Makeup Artist (4454 Views)

MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) / See How A Makeup Artist Transformed A Woman With Burn Scars / Are You A Makeup Artist? Drop A Professional Line! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Camera And You As A Makeup Artist by palma(f): 12:07pm On May 23, 2013
Like i tell my students being a makeup artist is far far more deeper than anyone can ever imagine. Apart from having professional skills in the art of making up, sometimes we've had to touch other aspects and areas of expert skills. One of this skills is photography amongst many.

When i was trained years back there are some skills i was never thought or rather maybe my instructors never knew about them. Photography in makeup artistry is not something you can ever over look, angles and lighting are very essential in makeup and photography. You'll now hardly see a professional makeup artists without a pro camera to go along, i know so many people will wonder why we are actually bothering ourselves with pro camera when we can simply buy a small digital camera or that we talk to bride's photographers to give us pics. The truth is we have tried those avenues and realized that we wont grow fast in an industry that it's main aim is perfection! Another question will be why don't you take along a photographer to help out (after all photographers wont start doing makeup), already we are accused of overcharging so if am taking a photographer along wont the charges be more? There was a day i called a photographer friend of mine to help me out as i want the best of pictures and he said to me "Lola because it's you just bring 15k" he said for such things he collects 25k-30k and that's because it's not his normal job that he does weddings for 250k-600k depending on the requirements, i was speechless! If i gave him 15k for a job i took for 40k then at the end of the day by the time i finish my calculations if i am not careful will be at loss!

So i decided to get something atleast to tide me over till am able to get a pro camera but at the end of the day i bought Nikon D3100. I totally love the effects it gives my work now, naturally i don't like Photoshopping my pictures so this camera is perfect though i still have my eyes on Canon D90(yeah i know am Oliver Twist) but having lovely pictures encourages me. I will share pictures this camera has taken within my studio!

So please if you are a makeup artist suck it up and get yourself a nice camera, Nikon and Canon are d best so far in my opinion (shebi i no be photographer).

Ciao xxxxxx

Lola Davies
CEO Evolve Makeup Nigeria
Mobile: 07032540174
BB: 32A000B9

1 Like

Re: Your Camera And You As A Makeup Artist by palma(f): 12:19pm On May 23, 2013
MORE

(1) (Reply)

Dropship Quality Wristwatches / Ankara Dress Styles | 100 Amazing Ankara Short Gown Style For Party Occasion / Green Wardrobe for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.