Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' (948 Views)

Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired / My Faith Verses Near Death Experiences - I'm Losing It. / I Think I'm Losing My Faith In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Earthwide: 9:26pm On May 23, 2013
ONE of the victims of the insurgents in the north, 37-year-old Adamu Habila from Yobe State mysteriously lived to tell the story of how he had a close shave with death when his assailants took him for dead after shooting him.

Habila, fatigued after a busy day, retired to bed with his wife and their son, only for their sleep to be interrupted at about 11.00 p.m. with a bang on their front door and a voice asking them to grant the uninvited visitors easy entrance or risk damage of the door.

He narrated that the intruders, who were in a hurry to execute their mission, did not even wait for them to take decision, before forcing themselves in asking members of his family to come out of the bedroom with immediate effect.

As they hurriedly matched out, they discovered one of their two unwanted visitors was armed with a sophisticated rifle, who asked Adamu to kneel down. It was then it dawned on Adamu, a Youth Leader of the District Council (DCC) of ECWA Church in Yobe that the intruders were Boko Haram members on jihad mission.

Habila continued: "They told me they were giving me an opportunity to live and to lead a better life if only I could become a Muslim and state the famous Kamatul Shahadar, a confession of faith in Islam. I replied that I am a Christian and would remain a Christian even in death and turned to my wife not to worry because the death of a Christian is a great gain and not a loss."

"The armed one ordered my wife to go inside with a gun to dispossess us of our money and mobile phones while the other man kept on interrogating me."

" When they returned, the man outside told his partner that I did not co-operate. He then placed his gun on my face, by my mouth and said: 'since you refused to become a Muslim, here is your reward.' He then pulled the trigger and the bullet passed through one side of my cheek to the other. I slumped."

"After my assailants left, I managed to tell my wife to call our Christian Elder, Bab Jibir, the former treasurer of the DCC ECWA, Yobe State. Report came that he and his son had been killed. Police were called but they didn't come and every effort to get assistance from other neighbours, most of whom were Muslims, proved abortive until around 6.00 am when I was rushed to the General Hospital in Potiskum and later transferred to JUTH in Jos and later referred to Kano where the Voice of the Christian Martyrs Nigeria took over my case and provided for the entire family," he concluded.

Commenting on Habila's case, the National Director, Voice of the Christian Martyrs, Isaac Oluwole Newton-Wusu lamented the plight of people in Yobe State and said the case of Habila was just one of many in Yobe where over 120 churches have been destroyed.

"There had been massive destruction of lives and properties where about 180 villages in different parts of the North were raided by fundamentalists who have rendered about 5,000 Christians homeless.

"Religious fundamentalists have been on the prowl for long in the North, maiming and killing innocent souls including children and babies with dangerous weapons. Emergence of Boko Haram had worsened the situation, which had turned many villages to ghost villages where those who have no place to go only wait like those that have been condemned to death.

"Voice of Christian Martyrs operates The Stephen Children Home in Abeokuta, Ogun State where over 325 children whose parents have been killed in various religious crises in the Northern parts of Nigeria are receiving free education, free accommodation and free sustenance. Some are in various Universities under the sponsorship of VCM," he explained.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/may/23/15.html

Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Earthwide: 9:29pm On May 23, 2013
Christians in the north are not finding it easy with their persecutors
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:54pm On May 23, 2013
So what you gone do?

Can you please tell your christian brothers in the southern nigeria to stop using blasting speakers? It killing me too. I realised this church people in my community knew im atheist and they repeat everytime that those that does not belief in god are fools. They will sing indirectly with insult and blab on the top of their voice. I cant sleep mostly on every monday and friday night. I dont want violence, but looking for the day the church leader will accept my proposal to debate him.

And if he refuse my proposal, I will still talk with him. It hurts when people indirectly attack non-believers.

So @ OP, this is what Atheist is facing in Nigeria.
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 23, 2013
FOLYKAZE: So what you gone do?

Can you please tell your christian brothers in the southern nigeria to stop using blasting speakers? It killing me too. I realised this church people in my community knew im atheist and they repeat everytime that those that does not belief in god are fools. They will sing indirectly with insult and blab on the top of their voice. I cant sleep mostly on every monday and friday night. I dont want violence, but looking for the day the church leader will accept my proposal to debate him.

And if he refuse my proposal, I will still talk with him. It hurts when people indirectly attack non-believers.

Folykaze, what you're doing is only for a limited time, God is going to touch you soon, like He did me.. I just pray you don't experience what I experienced..
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:19pm On May 23, 2013
Toluwarni: Folykaze, what you're doing is only for a limited time, God is going to touch you soon, like He did me.. I just pray you don't experience what I experienced..

sharaap you this unjust liar
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 23, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

sharaap you this unjust liar
LOL, I was expecting that.. I know God is gonna touch you.. Let me ask you a question, I don't wanna derail this thread or anything, but how long were you a Christian/Muslim, and how long have you been an atheist?
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:31am On May 24, 2013
Toluwarni: LOL, I was expecting that.. I know God is gonna touch you.. Let me ask you a question, I don't wanna derail this thread or anything, but how long were you a Christian/Muslim, and how long have you been an atheist?

I was born an atheist. I was brought up in a christian family. Though really I doubted things from the beginning. I stop going to church around 15-16yrs. A friend introduced me to Islam. I was just a muslim with my mouth and in my mind for 3 years but I stopped everything about Islam when I read the quran on my own. Those wield myth in the quran is not convincing. For good two years till date, im an atheist. My parents, friends and few people around know this about me.
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Tpfkakambo(m): 2:14am On May 24, 2013
and ppl wonder whether there's a devil!
religion of peace indeed...
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Nobody: 8:04am On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I was born an atheist.

1 Like

Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by ijawkid(m): 8:31am On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

No be small laugh my bro.....lol...

I sent a request to that pin on your text....abi no be your pin??.....
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Nobody: 8:41am On May 24, 2013
ijawkid:

No be small laugh my bro.....lol...

I sent a request to that pin on your text....abi no be your pin??.....

Lol!!!

It's mine! I saw it and have accepted your invite...
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:03am On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

whats so funny? Are you born with bible in your hand or cross around your neck?
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Nobody: 10:08am On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

whats so funny? Are you born with bible in your hand or cross around your neck?

No...when dem born me I tell doctor make hin excuse me and my mama; then I face my mama and tell her say: Mummy, I refuse to believe in your God...na hin she open mouth ask me why, I tell her say your God does not exist...

Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:29am On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

No...when dem born me I tell doctor make hin excuse me and my mama; then I face my mama and tell her say: Mummy, I refuse to believe in your God...na hin she open mouth ask me why, I tell her say your God does not exist...

ok
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Pygru: 8:31pm On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE: So what you gone do?

Rubbish!
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by AtheistD(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2013
Earthwide: Christians in the north are not finding it easy with their persecutors

What if they killed his family too? He was lucky. He should have renounced his faith.
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2013
Pygru:
Rubbish!

sharaap
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Pygru: 12:13pm On May 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

sharaap
Rubbish!
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2013
Pygru:
Rubbish!

YABA LEFT PLS
Re: 'they Asked Me To Renounce My Faith' by Pygru: 4:54pm On May 25, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

YABA LEFT PLS

Rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

4 Lies That Hinder God's Abundance / An Encouragement For Those Going Through Spiritual Attacks / 9 Prophetic Capsules For November 2015: (dr. Paul Enenche)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.