Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali (1551 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Buys N437m Bugatti From Obi Okeke / Floyd Mayweather Jr Defeats Miguel Cotto For WBA Light Middle Weight Belt! / Greatest Boxer Of All Time: Tyson, Ali Or Marciano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by SeanT21(f): 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2008
Do ya ll think Floyd mayweather is the new Ali.

he beat the big show, he beat Ricky hatton. he has not lost a match since he started.

Do ya ll think he is the next Muhammad Ali?

the only problem is he is too cocky.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by Ibime(m): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2008
What are you talking about Big Show?

Mayweather should fight Miguel Cotto first before talking about being as good as Mohammed Ali. I think he is wary of Cotto otherwise he would have taken that fight long ago.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by vikiviko(m): 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2008
He's a great boxer.
Whether he 's a class like Ali , i don't knowbut 1 thing is he 's undefeated.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by bgees(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2008
ali was more than a boxer. even as a boxer, i can only say mayweather just comes close.
ali was a poet, a comedian and a fighter.

simple, mayweather is'nt ali.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by SeanT21(f): 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2008
bgees:

ali was more than a boxer. even as a boxer, i can only say mayweather just comes close.
ali was a poet, a comedian and a fighter.

simple, mayweather is'nt ali.

yes that is true about ali.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by 4Him1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
mayweather aint no Ali.
Mayweather doesnt even come close to the likes of Mike Tyson, Michael Spinks, George Foreman.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by Ibime(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Him:

mayweather aint no Ali.
Mayweather doesnt even come close to the likes of Mike Tyson

How can you say that? Mayweather is in probably the most competitive division in World boxing ever and he is still undefeated. Only Miguel Cotto stands in the way of absolute greatness. A great is measured by his performance against other greats. Infact, a great does not lose to chumps - something Mike Tyson has done too often - from Buster Douglas onwards.

As for Michael Spinks, how can you say that?
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by 4Him1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2008
Buster Douglas was no chump. Watch his fight with Tyson . . . it was a battle of intelligence.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by Ibime(m): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2008
He was a grade one chump. Check his record. - No scratch that. I just checked his record. He only lost 8 fights - still, he was regarded at the time as a nobody and several well respected commentators have said that anyone who aspires to greatness should not be losing to Buster Douglas. Talkless of Danny Williams and that Irish guy who's name I forget.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by Dosman(m): 5:12pm On May 01, 2008
Haabaa!
Mayweather is in far lower level now,even comparing him to Joe Calzaghe wouldnt be a fair comparson talkless of the main heavyweight.
I beg plz lets place him where he is suppose.
Re: Floyd Mayweather : The New Muhamed Ali by mavtrevor(m): 11:05am On May 02, 2008
SeanT21:

Do ya ll think Floyd mayweather is the new Ali.

he beat the big show, he beat Ricky hatton. he has not lost a match since he started.

Do ya ll think he is the next The Great Prophet Ali?

the only problem is he is too cocky.

Beating Big Show and anyother was a script play my friend, both made huge amount of dough from the fight. Looking at the fight with Big show for example, do you think it was a fight at all? Big show had him in his hand like a baby being cuddled by his mother, he could have crushed him like a filty can, but he played according to the script.

Money mayweather may be undefeated in boxing, but alot of guys i know will kick his as* very hard that he wont get up for 8months.

I want us to be able to diffentiate real fight with script play.It was fun watching though.

(1) (Reply)

Siasia With First Squad - Big Revolution! / Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) / BREAKING NEWS :Real Madrid Signs Golden Boot Star James Rodriguex from monaco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.