Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

About Getting A Job: We Can't All Be Employed! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / About Getting A Job: We Can't All Be Employed! (463 Views)

Online Job: We Need Online Forum Moderating Team / Do You Need A Job? We Have Job Offers Available In Our Organisation / It’s No Magic To Get A Good Job,we Have A Solution For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About Getting A Job: We Can't All Be Employed! by bizmogul(m): 4:18am On May 24, 2013
I have thought about this severally and come to a logical conclusion that graduates should utilize their creative abilities to create jobs for themselves. I once attended an interview sometime in Lagos; the position was opened for just 5 people, to my surprise there were close to thousands of people fighting for the same job. Obviously there are just few jobs available that can't accommodate the hundreds of thousands of graduates being churned out of the higher institution every year. The question is, can we all be employed? The answer is a big NO!

My advice to unemployed graduates is to subscribe to skill acquisition programs. You can check with the Industrial Training Fund, the last time I was there I learned there was an ongoing program including that for ICT, floor tiling etc. You can research them online, if you have the right skills and business sense you can grow your own business. I interviewed some Nigerian graduates and I discovered that the majority of them just want to work instead of utilizing their creative abilities. Well, for those group of people I feel so sorry for them.

Unemployed graduates can also employ the use of the internet to start up small businesses for themselves. Just last week, I attended a paid program on mini importation business and learned how to start a small importation business from the comfort of your home. The program was invaluable as my eyes were opened to simple tips and tricks graduates can employ to start their own small business with as little as N10,000. There are lots of internet businesses an unemployed graduate can delve into. Like with every other business, you have to structure your business; at the end of the day it's not just about making money but about finding solutions to the needs of people.

This is a wake up call to unemployed graduates, you have the ability to do what you want to do. The only thing that deters people from succeeding is the fear of failing. It's good to fail, start up something today. Read and research small businesses you can start up even as we speak. I sincerely wish I can reduce the rate of unemployment in Nigeria. Nigerians arise! You can make a change, we can't all be employed but you can create employment for yourself. Just find a need and fill it.
Re: About Getting A Job: We Can't All Be Employed! by bizmogul(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2013
To learn more about businesses you can start on your own for free, send an email to ecashmulla@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Plssss Post Warri Jobs Here / Vacancy For Software Developer And Programmer / Sales Supervisor Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.