Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai (1155 Views)

Nigerian Military, Police, Others Can’t Find Tompolo – EFCC / Atiku: 3 Of My Daughters Are Getting Married Today / El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by ichommy(m): 4:57am On May 24, 2013
Former Federal Capital Territory minister, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, on Thursday bemoaned the spate of unemployment in the country, saying despite his connections, he had yet to secure jobs for his two daughters, who are both holders of Masters Degrees.

El-Rufai said this while delivering a lecture at the Sixth Annual Alao Aka-Bashorun Lecture, organised by the Nigerian Bar Association, Ikeja Branch.

The former minister, whose lecture was entitled Impunity, Injustice and Insecurity: What Role for the Law,’ said Nigeria needed to create three million jobs yearly to tackle its employment problem.

He said, “Forty-two per cent of Nigerian youths are unemployed.

“I have two daughters with Masters Degrees and they are unemployed. They have been at home for more than a year and I cannot get a job for them.

“We are sitting on a demographic time bomb and unless we have visionary leaders that are able to plan for the future, we will have a huge problem.”

According to him, the Nigerian government is spending N2bn daily on security, instead of investing in infrastructure and human capital development.

El-Rufai queried the N100bn Amnesty Programme of the Federal Government, saying it had not solved the problem of pipeline vandalism and oil theft in the Niger Delta region.

He said, “Our oil production output is at its lowest since 2009 as a result of oil theft and closure of facilities by oil companies.

“That is why the government is borrowing more than ever and dipping into the nation’s foreign reserves.”

The former FCT minister added that granting amnesty to people who take up arms against the state would not solve the problem of insecurity in Nigeria.

“Even if you grant amnesty to Boko Haram, without addressing the fundamental issues such as lack of opportunities, poverty and social injustice, it will not solve the problem,” he said.

Also speaking at the event, Prof. Akin Oyebode, advocated life imprisonment for corrupt public officials as a way of reducing the high incidence of corruption in the country.

His lecture was entitled, ‘Corruption and Insecurity in the Society: What Role for the Law?’

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cant-find-jobs-for-my-daughters-el-rufai/
http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2013/05/i-cant-find-jobs-for-my-daughters-el.html

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by rooftech: 5:21am On May 24, 2013
when you were busy destroying peoples business and homes under the guise of demolishing for development without compensation.i tell you you have not seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Gboliwe: 5:31am On May 24, 2013
I dont know why i find the quote funny. So it is now fathers who find jobs for their daughters? Elrufai, those whose fathers you killed directly or indirectly, who will find jobs for them? Those once are now automatically unemployable by virtue of their fatherless status, not so?

If you cant find jobs for your daughters, it tells me many things:
1. You are so irrelevant to the society

2. Your daughters are mere certificate holders who cant fit in anywhere

3. Nigeria is working and gives jobs to the best and no more to the connected.

6 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by frederal(m): 5:47am On May 24, 2013
He can afford to pay them 500,000 naira every month +, or give them some plots of land in FCT.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by SlyIg(f): 6:16am On May 24, 2013
How about graduates who are fatherless, who will find them job?

If this govt happens not to favour you, why not wait for the next one and stop displaying your stupidity to the whole world!
Nonesenze...

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by kross01(m): 6:18am On May 24, 2013
According to him, the Nigerian government is spending N2bn daily on security, instead of investing in infrastructure and human capital development.
This excerpt is actually the man's grouse, the amount being spent securing the lives and sovereignity of nigeria/nigerians. May i suggest to him to try seeking for job opening for his daughters at BH operational hdqtrs, they may make better clerical officers or even speech writers to the BH leaders.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by rodeo0070(m): 6:42am On May 24, 2013
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by homesteady(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2013
Like seriously!! Does this man think all Nigerians are wearing pampas?? Who is he telling this stupid lie of the century!! I'm actually vexed right now!! Even my father who is not as popular and influencial as he is, can find me a very comfortable job!! SMH for lie-rufia

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Temismith(f): 7:22am On May 24, 2013
See dis man oh! Who is he decieving? Na mumu u call us abi? U want us to believe u understand wat unemployment is like. Daughters dat earn money dey dont work for. Abeg abeg no vex me dis morning o, just shut up. Liar.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by yuzedo: 7:24am On May 24, 2013
Mallam, if they sweet, sexy & ice cream laps, I hav job for them in my Banana Island man shun. wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by ckkris: 7:26am On May 24, 2013
Hell Rufai again.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Nobody: 7:32am On May 24, 2013
waoh, if the Almighty el rufai, can't secure a job for his two olodo daughter .I wonder what will happen to a common man on the street.

moreover, there's always vacancies on nairaland. why can't the daughters log on,if their certificate ain't Toronto.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Agbalanze(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2013
I thought they always advocate that youths should be self employed... Haba Mallam, start recharge card buisness or rent shop for them at wuse market, or are they simply lazy? tongue

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Nobody: 7:38am On May 24, 2013
They should please send their CVs to Afrocandy..

I heard she is recruiting.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by homesteady(m): 7:48am On May 24, 2013
gbosaa: They should please send their CVs to Afrocandy..

I heard she is recruiting.

Seconded!!
Since they have Masters degree, they 'll add more flavour and bring more ideas to her next movie!! LooL

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by simplyme3(f): 7:48am On May 24, 2013
They should turn to FCT land speculators and Land Agents. Their papa get enough land to sell for FCT.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by psalmizt(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2013
And whose fault is it? Oh yea Jonathan...

I hate it when people blame this govt blindly, yes over 2bn is spent on security, what use is infrastructure development when there will be no one using it... Infrastructure development can and will only thrive in an environment of peace. So Mr El-Rufai, stop with this warped criticism.

Check your facts, oil production levels have been highest in recent times, before the advent of amnesty, Nigeria was on the brink. So keep quiet when you have nothing meaningful to contribute...

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Nobody: 7:58am On May 24, 2013
Disgusting lie meant to score cheap points. These people really take ordinary Nigerians for fools, and frankly, I don't blame them. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Nobody: 8:02am On May 24, 2013
Is not that hell-rufai's connections cannot secure jobs for his daughters. it is that no one in this administration would agree to be fraudulently paying his daughters millions of naira as basic salary like he did to that female then serving corper he was fvcking while he was fct minister.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by angelTI(f): 8:17am On May 24, 2013
hell roof i is a BIG liar

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Dygeasy(m): 8:32am On May 24, 2013
This post refused to hide!
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by homesteady(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2013
Ahh!! Lie-rufia!! May thunder strike that your mouth!! I actually feel disgusted right now after reading this trash!!! I'll like 'em Ile-eko & co to be honest with themselves and say whether this is possible
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by cfours: 8:35am On May 24, 2013
I literally laughed out loud just from reading the title. hahahaha
he should let his daughters go and look for job for themselves. abi they have masters degrees so they must be at least in their mid-twenties.
so it is only now that he finally realizes that we have a serious problem of unemployment? grin
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by TechyGuy: 8:38am On May 24, 2013
This guy never cease to amaze. His daughters are unemployed for a year now. I am sure they are arrogant and lazy like their father. Who wants those kind of employees. Even CPC/ACN governors can't help? I weep for this crook.
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by SlyIg(f): 8:42am On May 24, 2013
yuzedo: Mallam, if they sweet, sexy & ice cream laps, I hav job for them in my Banana Island man shun. wink wink wink
I haf allways beleave u mai honorable king of d banana eyesland. Tek his dotas and employ four him.
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by saintneo(m): 8:45am On May 24, 2013
I love the way people are responding to this selfish man.

Why can his daughters look for job themselves? Are they afraid of fair competition? El Rufai should go back to school or visit a hospital for a brain check, the crusades he carried out in BPE and Abuja are typical examples of how inhumane he is.
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by SlyIg(f): 8:46am On May 24, 2013
Agbalanze: I thought they always advocate that youths should be self employed... Haba Mallam, start recharge card buisness or rent shop for them at wuse market, or are they simply lazy? tongue
help me tell them pls.
If i've not mistaken, their daily pocket money is more than a graduate's salary.
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by Mcdondayan: 8:48am On May 24, 2013
Hell rufai, what it simply means is that your daughters are block heads.
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by nnecar(f): 8:57am On May 24, 2013
Guyz una harsh oooo, una 4 direct d guy 2 vacancy section enuff factory jobs dey dia, minimum requirement is Masters degree from a recognized university cheesy
Re: I Can’t Find Jobs For My Daughters —el-rufai by OAM4J: 8:59am On May 24, 2013

(1)

Ojukwu Respected/understood Awolowo Than He Did Zik Or Achebe / Why Ex-niger Delta Militants Attacked Nigerian Embassy In Russia- Ambassador / Most Of My Critics Hang Around Government Looking For Favours – Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.