Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? (703 Views)

Governor Ahmed Of Kwara Receives Surprise Visit From His Daughters At Work.photo / El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters / Policeman Killed At His Daughters’ Wedding In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by igbeke: 6:38am On May 24, 2013
Former Federal Capital
Territory minister, Mallam
Nasir el-Rufai, on Thursday
bemoaned the spate of
unemployment in the
country, saying despite his
connections, he had yet to
secure jobs for his two
daughters, who are both
holders of Masters Degrees.
El-Rufai said this while
delivering a lecture at the
Sixth Annual Alao Aka-
Bashorun Lecture, organised
by the Nigerian Bar
Association, Ikeja Branch.
The former minister, whose
lecture was entitled
Impunity, Injustice and
Insecurity: What Role for the
Law,' said Nigeria needed to
create three million jobs
yearly to tackle its
employment problem.
He said, "Forty-two per cent
of Nigerian youths are
unemployed.
"I have two daughters with
Masters Degrees and they
are unemployed. They have
been at home for more than
a year and I cannot get a job
for them.
"We are sitting on a
demographic time bomb and
unless we have visionary
leaders that are able to plan
for the future, we will have a
huge problem."
According to him, the
Nigerian government is
spending N2bn daily on
security, instead of investing
in infrastructure and human
capital development.
El-Rufai queried the N100bn
Amnesty Programme of the
Federal Government, saying
it had not solved the
problem of pipeline
vandalism and oil theft in
the Niger Delta region.
He said, "Our oil production
output is at its lowest since
2009 as a result of oil theft
and closure of facilities by
oil companies.
"That is why the government
is borrowing more than ever
and dipping into the nation's
foreign reserves."
The former FCT minister
added that granting amnesty
to people who take up arms
against the state would not
solve the problem of
insecurity in Nigeria.
"Even if you grant amnesty
to Boko Haram, without
addressing the fundamental
issues such as lack of
opportunities, poverty and
social injustice, it will not
solve the problem," he said.
Also speaking at the event,
Prof. Akin Oyebode,
advocated life imprisonment
for corrupt public officials as
a way of reducing the high
incidence of corruption in
the country.
His lecture was entitled,
'Corruption and Insecurity in
the Society: What Role for
the Law?'

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cant-find-jobs-for-my-daughters-el-rufai/

Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by chumakk: 6:52am On May 24, 2013
You never know the kind of job he is talking about. Jobs are in level.
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by igbeke: 6:57am On May 24, 2013
I think u hav a point. But where d highly placed also cry, I wonder what is left for an ordinary Nigerian.
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by igbeke: 6:58am On May 24, 2013
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by Bigcake: 7:08am On May 24, 2013
Na lie, na u knw d kind job whr u want give ur daugthers. Go sidon jor.
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by Agbalanze(m): 7:19am On May 24, 2013
Why is he complaining? I thought they always advocate for self employment.Now I think the girls re lazy tongue
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by simplyme3(f): 7:37am On May 24, 2013
A big lie.
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by ebucha: 7:41am On May 24, 2013
If sky fall, e go fall for every body head
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by Nobody: 7:49am On May 24, 2013
Mallam, point of of correction its not 42% its 80%!!!
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by TechyGuy: 7:50am On May 24, 2013
This guy never cease to amaze. His daughters are unemployed for a year now. I am sure they are arrogant and lazy like their father. Who wants those kind of employees. Even CPC/ACN governors can't help? I weep for this crook.
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by Sleekydee(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2013
Dis guy no well, am pretty sure he is lookin 4 Minister's position for dem.....guy go siddon 4 corner n wear Dolce&Gabbana
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by saintneo(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2013
I love the way people are responding to this selfish man.

Why can his daughters look for job themselves? Are they afraid of fair competition? El Rufai should go back to school or visit a hospital for a brain check, the crusades he carried out in BPE and Abuja are typical examples of how inhumane he is.
Re: El Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters? by OAM4J: 8:59am On May 24, 2013

(1)

"Assessing Jonathan’s Presidency: Three Years On" -by Tolu Ogunlesi - Posted On / Man Commits Suicide In Onitsha (PHOTO) / ASUU Strike: Bear With Us, FG Tells Students, Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.