Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) (67046 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / $12billion Taken Out Of Nigeria During Jonathan's Regime – EFCC Boss, Lamorde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 1:21am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

DUMBAR$E AGAIN! I was talking about museums you :@ :@

The UK museums have some of the finest collections that even rival those here in Africa.

Liar. You wrote that you had visited Egyptian tombs in the British museum. I then told you there were no Egyptian tombs in the British museum.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 1:29am On May 25, 2013
The following is supporting evidence from The African Origin of Civilization by Cheikh Anta Diop

Evidence from Physical Anthropology
The skeletons and skulls of the Ancient Egyptians clearly reflect they were Negroid people with features very similar to those of modern Black Nubians and other people of the Upper Nile and of East Africa.

Melanin Dosage Test
Egyptologist Cheikh Anta Diop invented a method for determining the level of melanin in the skin of human beings. When conducted on Egyptian mummies in the Museum of Man in Paris, this test indicated these remains were of Black people.

Osteological Evidence
"Lepsius canon," which distinguishes the bodily proportions of various racial groups categories the "ideal Egyptian" as "short-armed and of Negroid or Negrito physical type."

Evidence From Blood Types
Diop notes that even after hundreds of years of inter-mixture with foreign invaders, the blood type of modern Egyptians is the "same group B as the populations of western Africa on the Atlantic seaboard and not the A2 Group characteristic of the white race prior to any crossbreeding."

The Egyptians as They Saw Themselves
"The Egyptians had only one term to designate themselves =kmt= the Negroes (literally). This is the strongest term existing in the Pharaonic tongue to indicate blackness; it is accordingly written with a hieroglyph representing a length of wood charred at the end and not crocodile scales," singular. ‘Kmt’ from the adjective =kmt= black; it therefore means strictly Negroes or at the very least black men. The term is a collective noun which thus described the whole people of Pharaonic Egypt as a black people."

Divine Epithets
Diop demonstrates that "black or Negro" is the divine epithet invariably used for the chief beneficent Gods of Egypt, while the evil spirits were depicted as red.

Evidence From the Bible
The Bible states"…[t]he sons of Ham [were] Cush and Mizraim [i.e. Egypt], and Phut, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah and Sabtechah." According to Biblical tradition, Ham, of course, was the father of the Black race. "Generally speaking all Semitic tradition (Jewish and Arab) class ancient Egypt with the countries of the Black."

Cultural unity of Egypt With The Rest of Africa
Through a study of circumcision and totemism. Diop gives detailed data showing cultural unity between Egypt and the rest of Africa.

Linguistic Unity With Southern and Western Africa
In a detailed study of languages, Diop clearly demonstrates that Ancient Egyptian, modern Coptic of Egypt and Wolof of West Africa are related, with the latter two having their origin in the former.

Testimony of Classical Greek and Roman Authors
Virtually all of the early Latin eyewitnesses described the Ancient Egyptians as Black skinned with wooly hair.

http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/black_egyptians_are_the_original.htm
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:31am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

There are no ancient Egyptian tombs in the UK. Egyptian tombs are in Egypt.

DUMBAR$E AGAIN! I was talking about museums you :@ :@

The UK museums have some of the finest collections that even rival those here in Africa.

You've no clue where I am so shut your illiterate, dumb lips.

gtfoh amateur. I know all the bull**** your spewing here.

You are a slave and a tool of western distortion of African history, PRETENDING to be an Afrocentrist.

LMAO!!!! go tell that to the wall. Every NAiralander here knows that im exactly the opposite of what you called me. I just dont have the habit to lie.

and i find it funny, you calling me an Afrocentrist, when you yourself are an akata-influence black-racist. Im sure you are an akata yourself.

Sure, the scores of Greek historians who visited Egypt and described the inhabitants as blacks were also 'lying' to 'uphold your skin colour'. Dunce.

Scores! shocked shocked

stop lying. there were only a handful at the most. Most who came here went only as far as Ethiopia. THeir primary objective was to get education in Alexandria.

You an ignorant goat with no common sense. Even as the pictures of various shades of black Africans are staring at you in the pics I posted, your drug-addled brain still does not get it, that Egyptians were a black African society by all definitions of the term.

You are an ignorant pig yourself. You are just choosing to see what you want to see.. The EGYPTIANS WERE BROWN. THE END.

you are just doing that because you lack self-esteem and pride. you feel the need to look for higher and greater civilizations to cling on to, since you yourself are not capable of anything great.

No. You use YOUR brain (assuming you have one). If they scrape off the noses it looks like anything you want it to look like, including white or Arab. They can be passed off as other races. With the original flat nose in place, they could not. That is why they scraped off the noses..

NO. DONT ARGUE. how much nose was left anyways to scrape off? No one would do that. The Arabs Never because they detested the Heathen Egyptians. and most of the scrapings were done during the islamic period. so clearly , you are WRONG.

Regardless, this shows the present Arab occupiers of Egypt were not the original Egyptians. They would never destroy artefacts that really belonged to them.

The PResent day Egyptians are a mixed people, EXCEPT for the Copts who are much purer. and btw the number of Arabs who invaded was not much. The Bedouin Tribes were very small units anyways. It was impossible for them to wipe out the current Egyptians. and btw todays modern Egyptian still contain most of their DNA as of the original Egyptian populations, so you need to shut up and stop feeling jealous.

islam makes anyone destroy their own heritage. DONT YOU SEE WHATS HAPPENING HERE IN NIGERIA?! HOW MANY SHRINES HAVE BEEN LOOTED AND IDOLS DESTROYED BY OUR VERY HANDS?! angry angry angry angry

It is not entirely unusual for modern-day families of Egyptian origin (especially Coptic ones) to have names or family names beginning with the Egyptian masculine possessive pronoun pa (generally ba in Arabic, which lost the phoneme /p/ in the course of developing from Proto-Semitic). For example, Bayoumi (variations: Baioumi, Bayoumi, Baioumy) - meaning "of the sea", i.e. Lower Egyptian - Bashandi, Bakhoum ("the eagle"wink, Bekhit, Bahur ("of Horus"wink and Banoub ("of Anubis"wink. The name Shenouda, which is very common among Copts, means "slave of God". Hence, names and many toponyms may end with -nouda or -nuti, which means Of God in Egyptian and Coptic.

MY OWN FRIEND IS BROWN SKINNED EGYPTIAN AND HE HAS RAMESES AS HIS LAST NAME! IM NOT EVEN KIDDING! angry

Stop talking rubbish. Which race of people can you look at today and say ''Oh they're actually light brown but only got black because of long hours working in the scorching heat''? NONE! It is a ridiculous nonsense. Garbage, beer parlour explanation that lacks any merit whatsoever.

RUBBISH OUR MOUTH! THe Indians! And many of the ARABS!
infact one my close firends is from a Naga Indo-Scythian Tribe from India (they are a minority there) and he showed me his childhood pics. HE was white! and with age he became yellowish-brown, especially when he visits his country. but when he returns to cooller climate, his hue becomes lighter.

whats with your obsession with beer? if you are man-enough, try whiskey or Gin? Ashewo!

How can ahistorian not be an eyewitnes? I said it before you are oin drugs and it shows through your muddled, befuddled reasoning.

stop cursin. its not good for your egg-head.

Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/3chapter5.shtml

black footed? that doesnt imply anything.

as for Ammianus I agree with him. by brown he meant the Egyptians and by black he meant the Nubians. both of whom co-exist together.

"Ancient Egypt was a Negro civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians dare to connect it with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest nor objective nor unruffled. He is ignorant, cowardly and neurotic. The ancient Egyptians were Negroes. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the Black world."

"Ancient Egypt was a BROWN-EGYPTIAN civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians dare to DISCONNECT AND REMOVE NAY IDEAS OF it being supposedly linked with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is modest, objective and unruffled because there is no connection with the tribal Sub-Saharan population except for very ancient pre-evolutionary genetic connections. He is brave, respect his own identity and is not a slave dependant on someone else identity. The ancient Egyptians were EGYPTIAN. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the EGYPTIAN world. AKATAS need to stop laying claim to other peoples achievements. The only thing they can lay claim to is drug-abuse, and P.orn.ography and TOP 10 WAYS TO LAND IN JAIL . "

No. Somebody needs to explain to your thick skull that black and brown mean NEGROID PEOPLE otherwise known as BLACKS. Black Africans come in various shades of black and that variety was WELL REPRESNEYTED IN EGYPT as shown inter alia by the ancient testimony and artefacts.

There is no such thing as Negroid. skin colour changes with climate. It is just a racist assumption made to club all Africans together so that its easier to give them a slave-comples and steal their Tribal IDentities. LIGHT BROWN IS DIFFERENT FROM BLACK. UNLESS YOU ARE COLOR-BLIND. THere was never such a thing as black Africans. Africans never called themselves as BLACKS. Africans come in different colours. ONLY TRIBE matters in Africa. THE ARTEFACTS AND TOMBSTONES clearly prove that the EGYPTIANS were a great people and had nothing to do with akatas and they were a brown skinned people with sharp features.
[/quote]
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:34am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

My brother, the Egyptians themselves described themselves as black (Kemmui). Their country as 'black nation' (Kemet). The hieroglyph form was of a stick charred at both ends. The Edfu text on which they write about their origins states ''from the south we came, led by Osiris. From the mountains of the moon we came''. The mountains of the moon? That is the Ruwenzori mountain range in TANZANIA and UGANDA. The Egyptians stated that this was where their ancestors came from.

DONT LIE! KEMET REFERS TO THE BLACK TOP SOIL OF THE FERTILE NILE BASIN which was ideal conditions to grow crops! IT NEVER was referrance to skin colour! everyone from farming background knows that BLACK TOPSOIL is the BEST!.

LMAO! LIES! LIES AGAIN! Ruwenzori DOESNT EVEN GO UPTO TANZANIA! grin grin grin grin

go sleep fellow. black racist.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by aaidel(m): 1:36am On May 25, 2013
but that exactly is what i said in my post the fact that a white man sees the egyptians as black doesnt mean africans see them as black. for example the college i attended had a mix of blacks whites and people of indian and arab origins now during a debate on color and what was white and what was negroid the whites consistently viewed jews as being white but not arabs which made no sense at all since they were siblings and the indians did not view themselves as black or negroid despite being of a closer complexion to blacks rather than caucasians
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:36am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Liar. You wrote that you had visited Egyptian tombs in the British museum. I then told you there were no Egyptian tombs in the British museum.

OMGS WHAT A HEEDIOT! I HAVE BEEN THERE AND SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES! shocked shocked shocked shocked

TOMBS = COFFINS YOU NUTCASE! that was implied! angry

what a troll
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:38am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk: The following is supporting evidence from The African Origin of Civilization by Cheikh Anta Diop

Evidence from Physical Anthropology
The skeletons and skulls of the Ancient Egyptians clearly reflect they were Negroid people with features very similar to those of modern Black Nubians and other people of the Upper Nile and of East Africa.

Melanin Dosage Test
Egyptologist Cheikh Anta Diop invented a method for determining the level of melanin in the skin of human beings. When conducted on Egyptian mummies in the Museum of Man in Paris, this test indicated these remains were of Black people.

Osteological Evidence
"Lepsius canon," which distinguishes the bodily proportions of various racial groups categories the "ideal Egyptian" as "short-armed and of Negroid or Negrito physical type."

Evidence From Blood Types
Diop notes that even after hundreds of years of inter-mixture with foreign invaders, the blood type of modern Egyptians is the "same group B as the populations of western Africa on the Atlantic seaboard and not the A2 Group characteristic of the white race prior to any crossbreeding."

The Egyptians as They Saw Themselves
"The Egyptians had only one term to designate themselves =kmt= the Negroes (literally). This is the strongest term existing in the Pharaonic tongue to indicate blackness; it is accordingly written with a hieroglyph representing a length of wood charred at the end and not crocodile scales," singular. ‘Kmt’ from the adjective =kmt= black; it therefore means strictly Negroes or at the very least black men. The term is a collective noun which thus described the whole people of Pharaonic Egypt as a black people."

Divine Epithets
Diop demonstrates that "black or Negro" is the divine epithet invariably used for the chief beneficent Gods of Egypt, while the evil spirits were depicted as red.

Evidence From the Bible
The Bible states"…[t]he sons of Ham [were] Cush and Mizraim [i.e. Egypt], and Phut, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah and Sabtechah." According to Biblical tradition, Ham, of course, was the father of the Black race. "Generally speaking all Semitic tradition (Jewish and Arab) class ancient Egypt with the countries of the Black."

Cultural unity of Egypt With The Rest of Africa
Through a study of circumcision and totemism. Diop gives detailed data showing cultural unity between Egypt and the rest of Africa.

Linguistic Unity With Southern and Western Africa
In a detailed study of languages, Diop clearly demonstrates that Ancient Egyptian, modern Coptic of Egypt and Wolof of West Africa are related, with the latter two having their origin in the former.

Testimony of Classical Greek and Roman Authors
Virtually all of the early Latin eyewitnesses described the Ancient Egyptians as Black skinned with wooly hair.

http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/black_egyptians_are_the_original.htm

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? THESE ARE ALL MERE STATEMENTS CLUBBED WITH BIBLICAL TRASH!

and I TOLD YOU a 100 TIMES! MODERN EGYPTIANS HAVE WOOLY HAIR TOO!
I KNOW CUZ THEY ARE MY FRIENDS!!!! angry angry angry angry

and you are WRONG! the Red Spirit in Zar Religon is a benevolent spirit! I HAVE PERSONALLY WINESSED A RITUAL ABOUT IT! angry
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 1:40am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

DONT LIE! KEMET REFERS TO THE BLACK TOP SOIL OF THE FERTILE NILE BASIN which was ideal conditions to grow crops! IT NEVER was referrance to skin colour! everyone from farming background knows that BLACK TOPSOIL is the BEST!.

That was the famous excuse given by racist white ''Egyptologists'' who have done the most to deny Egypt's African heritage. You are their mouthpiece and tool who has come her pretending to be an Africanist. There is ZERO EVIDENCE that the Egyptians were thinking of the ''colour of the soil'' when naming their nation Kemet.

LMAO! LIES! LIES AGAIN! Ruwenzori DOESNT EVEN GO UPTO TANZANIA! grin grin grin grin

go sleep fellow. black racist.

It goes up to Uganda, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo. Houseboy for white racists pretending TO BE AFRICAN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwenzori_Mountains
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:43am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

That was the famous excuse given by racist white ''Egyptologists'' who have done the most to deny Egypt's African heritage. You are their mouthpiece and tool who has come her pretending to be an Africanist. There is ZERO EVIDENCE that the Egyptians were thinking of the ''colour of the soil'' when naming their nation Kemet.

so everything you say is right and everyone else is making excuses abi!! That makes more sense than your bullsh!t racist theory. I have been to Aswan. I have nevver seen such Fertil soil in my life!

It goes up to Uganda, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo. Houseboy for white racists pretending TO BE AFRICAN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwenzori_Mountains

IT DOESNT GO TO TANGANYIKA! AND WHAT ARE YOU SAYING THEY SPORUTED FROM THE MOUNTAINS?!

WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS!
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 1:47am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? THESE ARE ALL MERE STATEMENTS CLUBBED WITH BIBLICAL TRASH!

Ignoramus. HAVE YOU EVER READ THE BOOK BY DIOP? African Origin of Civilization?

ANSWER: NO.

YET YOU ARE ASKING FOR HIS EVIDENCE.

DUMMY. You need to PURCHASE THE BOOK, READ IT. DIGEST IT. THAT IS HOW YOU GET EVIDENCE. Not by shouting beer parlour nonsense online. Thankfully you're no longer quoting those Nigerian colonial 'historians', which was what you started off with. Embarrassed?

and I TOLD YOU a 100 TIMES! MODERN EGYPTIANS HAVE WOOLY HAIR TOO! I KNOW CUZ THEY ARE MY FRIENDS!!!!

We are talking of ancient Egypt not modern. Nobody gives a damn about your friend.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 1:50am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

OMGS WHAT A HEEDIOT! I HAVE BEEN THERE AND SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES! shocked shocked shocked shocked

TOMBS = COFFINS YOU NUTCASE! that was implied! angry

what a troll

Dummy. A tomb is not the same as a coffin. Especially when we're talking about ancient Egypt where royal tombs are almost 50 times the size of the coffin. When you get in a hole stop digging, you bloody embarrassment.

You have NOT visited an Egyptian tomb to see authentic Tomb Art. Now admit that and stop lying through your teeth.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by aaidel(m): 1:52am On May 25, 2013
guys take it easy scholars battle with their proofs not by throwing insults i am sure a lot of people have learnt quite a lot from this exchange lets not allow it degenerate to mudslinging
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 1:55am On May 25, 2013
aaidel: guys take it easy scholars battle with their proofs not by throwing insults i am sure a lot of people have learnt quite a lot from this exchange lets not allow it degenerate to mudslinging

Sorry it's not my fault. The guy thinks he can bulldoze and shout his way through debates, and I'm not about to let him.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by aaidel(m): 1:58am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Sorry it's not my fault. The guy thinks he can bulldoze and shout his way through debates, and I'm not about to let him.
just calm down think of all the countless folks you both would have encouraged to read up on african history and civilizations i for one will be looking up the books and authors qouted here to see what i can gain from their insights
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Ishilove: 2:12am On May 25, 2013
Mad Cow: See as ehn humble.. grin

If to say na today Nigerian Police arrest am, this picture for look something like this;

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1qfBaAEUq4o/UUx4mSJ-AbI/AAAAAAAAPEM/qgJ7evejyPE/s400/nigerian+police+arrest+abuja.jpg[/img]

**Oba shouting OGHENE BIKO all the way**
Lwkmd!!! cheesy cheesy Characters full NL sha cheesy
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 2:15am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

and i find it funny, you calling me an Afrocentrist, when you yourself are an akata-influence black-racist. Im sure you are an akata yourself.

I'm a Nigerian.

You are an ignorant pig yourself. You are just choosing to see what you want to see.. The EGYPTIANS WERE BROWN. THE END.

Ammianus Marcellinus (350 BC) said: "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

TRANSLATION: A NEGROID RACE. It's like describing the Sudan and South Sudan today: ''The men of Sudan are mostly brown and black with a skinny dessicated look''. Black country, with various shades of black. That was Egypt in antiquity before it was overrun by foreigners - Greeks, Romans, Turks, and Arabs.

you are just doing that because you lack self-esteem and pride. you feel the need to look for higher and greater civilizations to cling on to, since you yourself are not capable of anything great.

Cheikh Anta Diop also lacked self esteem and pride which was why he invented stories of black Egypt, correct? All the Greek visitors who described the Egyptians as black did so because ...?

RUBBISH OUR MOUTH! THe Indians! And many of the ARABS!
infact one my close firends is from a Naga Indo-Scythian Tribe from India (they are a minority there) and he showed me his childhood pics. HE was white! and with age he became yellowish-brown, especially when he visits his country. but when he returns to cooller climate, his hue becomes lighter.

Oh lawd.... what a load of horse manure. Whenever I travel to Europe and stay for a week I also get a shade lighter. That does not mean I'm no longer a black or negroid fella. Such poppycock.

black footed? that doesnt imply anything.

The hell it doesn't! Maybe they were black-footed but somehow managed to be light-brown faced or even white-faced? Ludicrous.

as for Ammianus I agree with him. by brown he meant the Egyptians and by black he meant the Nubians. both of whom co-exist together.

DO NOT INVENT OR IMPUTE YOUR OWN MEANING INTO WHAT HE SAID. HE SAID THE EGYPTIANS, NOT THE EGYPTIANS AND NUBIANS. ''THE EGYPTIANS ARE MOSTLY BROWN AND BLACK WITH A SKINNY DESSICATED LOOK'' were his words. DON'T TWIST THEM UNCLE TOM. That's pretty much the description we would give to SUDAN and South Sudan today, and we know those are NEGROID NATIONS.

"Ancient Egypt was a BROWN-EGYPTIAN civilisation. The history of Black Africa will remain suspended in the air and cannot be written correctly until African historians dare to DISCONNECT AND REMOVE NAY IDEAS OF it being supposedly linked with the history of Egypt. The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is modest, objective and unruffled because there is no connection with the tribal Sub-Saharan population except for very ancient pre-evolutionary genetic connections. He is brave, respect his own identity and is not a slave dependant on someone else identity. The ancient Egyptians were EGYPTIAN. The moral fruit of their civilisation is to be counted among the assets of the EGYPTIAN world. AKATAS need to stop laying claim to other peoples achievements. The only thing they can lay claim to is drug-abuse, and P.orn.ography and TOP 10 WAYS TO LAND IN JAIL . "

More drug-influenced garbage.

There is no such thing as Negroid. skin colour changes with climate.

Please can someone come and get this dude away from here before he does further damage to our sensibilities?

There's no such thing as negroid, No such thing as caucasoid, No such thing as Semitic. No white no black. Just grey. NONSENSE.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by isalegan2: 3:47am On May 25, 2013
I respect Rossike for being a patriotic Nigerian and a Pan-Africanist, but in this debate, Pagan makes more sense. I know many who hold this Egyptian/Black view, but I am not convinced - no offense.
BTW, is Rossike's stance similar to Morpheus' view? Or do Morpheus' posts usually deal with racial classifications without any commentary about sub-Saharan peoples' transplant from North Africa?

porka:

There was doubt that they met a system.

That the systems were with morals is debatable.

There were indiscriminate killings of human beings to appease the so-called gods.

There were rampant snatching of other people's property and wives also.

These are not moral systems in any way.

Very sick and disgusting comment. If you're African at all, go and say the bolded to anyone in your family, if you dare.

For your own peace of mind, please do not have Black or half-Black children. Do like Michael Jackson and get white sperm and egg together or simply adopt any other race of children but Black.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by blocker: 7:52am On May 25, 2013
grin grin Nellaluv The Oba was not arrested and exiled in the 19th century but 20th century (1914). But ur post good no mind me.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Freiburger(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2013
Ishilove:
Lwkmd!!! cheesy cheesy Characters full NL sha cheesy
no be only NL, naija as a whole.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2013
isale_gan2: I respect Rossike for being a patriotic Nigerian and a Pan-Africanist, but in this debate, Pagan makes more sense. I know many who hold this Egyptian/Black view, but I am not convinced - no offense.

Sorry, we don't need your ''opinion''. What we need are your researched FACTS. What and what have your READ and STUDIED in this field in order to know the race of the Ancient Egyptians? Pagan has read NOTHING on the subject. He doesn't even know what Tomb Art of Egypt means. He thinks it's the 'coffin' he saw in the British museum. He's read Nigerian authors like Kenneth Dike and Biobaku who never ventured beyond 17th century Nigeria in their 'history' books. He's not read Diop, Chancellor Williams, Lucas, Davidson, Bernal etc. Neither have you, apparently. If you cannot point to any STUDYING of the topic then you have no basis to say what you think ''makes sense'' or doesn't ''make sense''. You must READ and RESEARCH to form an 'opinion'.

Explain the testimony of the ancients visitors to Egypt. Why do they ALL refer to the ancient Egyptians as black-skinned with kinky hair, ''like the Ethiopians''? Aristotle, Herodotus, Diodorus. These are heroes of ancient literature. You're saying they were all lying? Why does the old testament refer to ancient Egypt as the ''land of Ham''? Do you know Ham was the founder of the black races? How can you have an ancient black race of people in Africa and you say your ''opinion'' is that they were white or yellow? You cannot invent your own history. What is your opinion based on?

Neither can you have us posting images of CLEARLY NEGROID EGYPTIANS, and you turn around and say your opinion is what? So the images are fake? Or I painted them myself? What's next? I post an image of your black mother and you say your ''opinion'' is she is not black but white or yellow? You're free to hold any mad 'opinion' in contrast with reality, but just tell us your RESEARCH or keep mum. We want to know what you have studied and researched, or kindly stay OUT of the debate.

MORE IMAGES FROM EGYPTIAN TOMB ART AND ARTEFACTS CONFIRMING THE TESTIMONY OF THE ANCIENTS: WHY IS TOMB ART SO IMPORTANT? BECAUSE IT IS AUTHENTIC. NOT WHAT SOME WHITE GUY SOMEWHERE DRAWS AND CLAIMS TO BE EGYPTIANS. THIS WAS THE WAY THE EGYPTIANS DEPICTED THEMSELVES:

[img]http://symbuli.pagesperso-orange.fr/inaccessible_etoile/images_etoile/osiris.JPG[/img]

[img]http://oi.uchicago.edu/gallery/asp_egypt_bahri/bahri08.png[/img]

''..My own conjectures were founded, first, on the fact that they are black-skinned and have woolly hair... and on the circumstance that the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times.''

(Herodotus, The Histories, Book 2:104)

1 Like

Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Nobody: 8:48am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

None of these men has written any groundbreaking books on ancient African history. How many of them have even gone beyond Nigeria in their research and works? How many of them researched Egypt, Nubia, Kush, Kerma, and the Nile Valley civilizations? African history is not just about Yoruba, Igbo, Bini, starting from the 1800s. This is the period the likes of Kenneth Dike, Michael Crowder and co deal with. Did they research the great African migrations from north to south thousands of years ago following the desertification of the Sahara and foreign invasions culminating in the Arab invasions of the 7th century? Nope. But the people you call ''akata historians'' go the whole hog in African history, to the very beginnings, and do not limit themselves to Nigeria or to the 17th century onwards like your sources. Your sources are EXTREMELY LIMITED in the scope and depth of African history they cover This is why we cannot name a single work by any of them that has any real following.

Cheikh Anta Diop, author of The African Origin of Civilization was a Senegalese historian by the way, and he went ALL THE WAY BACK and defended his findings before his global peers at UNESCO in 1974. His findings based on groundbreaking evidence his peers were unable to dispute, were that the Ancient Egyptians were black Africans and that any history of Africa was incomplete without linking it to the great civilization of EGYPT.

I never called any people Akata historians. Jamil M. Abun-Nasr the author of "A History of the Maghrib" was a great professor of History in UI, who wrote on the history of North Africa.

We didn't have historians at the period you are talking about. What we had were at best Arabic chroniclers who were traders, and also interested in spreading Islam.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Nobody: 8:55am On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

You need to rid yourself of the arrogance of a foool. You are nowhere near as well-read as you seem to think you are. Insulting Basil Davidson and Martin Bernal while propping up your upstart, unknown local champion historians?

Ridiculous. As for the African migrations, there were several, and the Arab one was only the last. Prior to that there were Greek, Roman, and Assyrian invasions. These always led to southward migrations by African populations. Go and read Olumide Lucas. This has been the most enlightened Nigerian historical chronicler in my view. He wrote The Religion of the Yorubas. In that book, he traces the Yorubas' history straight to ancient Egypt, using a variety of proofs comprising oral and written history, artefacts, and linguistics. He even found evidence of hieroglyphs in Yorubaland. There is a lot you need to learn..

The best authority on Yoruba his was the late Emeritus Prof. Isaac Adeagbo Akinjogbin of Obafemi Awolowo University. Unfortunately I never saw him but attended his lying in state at Floor 'O' of the University.
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Rossikk(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2013
Ancient Egypt Face Hieroglyph: This was the way ancient Egyptians depicted an average face in their hieroglyphic writing: As can be seen, it is a clearly Negroid face, complete with kinky hair, wide, broad, flat nose, thick lips, large ears, high cheekbones, and dark skin (faded slightly by age of artefact). Unmistakeably negroid and perhaps the most solid, irrefutable evidence of the black race and origin of the ancient Egyptians.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_%28hieroglyph%29
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by Nobody: 9:07am On May 25, 2013
iHustle:

here are some examples:

uwa: edo (world/wealth); igbo (world)

uku: edo (mighty); igbo (mighty/gigantic)

udu: afemai-edo (strength); igbo (strength)
There are similarity in the languages of Benue-Congo. Some times the words could have almost the same sound, and having the same meaning. For example:
-Ear: eti (Yoruba), nti (Igbo).
-Nose: imu (Yoruba), imi (Igbo).
-Mouth enu (Yoruba), onu (Igbo).
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by nellaluv(f): 9:21am On May 25, 2013
blocker: grin grin Nellaluv The Oba was not arrested and exiled in the 19th century but 20th century (1914). But ur post good no mind me.
I asked if it was in the 18th century, some one said it was in the 19th century now here you are saying the Oba was exiled in the 20th century. Wetin you wan make i talk me sef come here to learn our history grin
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by anonimi: 9:52am On May 25, 2013
Is it not VERY TELLING that despite the reputation the Binis have about juju and plenty jazz and sacrifices the white colonial masters could have ordinary African police men arrest him.

Says a lot about belief in juju specifically but also about religions and SPIRITUAL things generally.

Time for Africans to focus on knowledge, analysis and science for growth without neglecting the HERITAGE/HISTORY/LEGACY aspects of our religions

1 Like

Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by ObaLoola: 9:56am On May 25, 2013
undecided dunno o...
Dr. Whizy:
Abeg wher d oba dey 4 d pic?? undecided undecided
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by babanaba: 9:59am On May 25, 2013
anonimi: Is it not VERY TELLING that despite the reputation the Binis have about juju and plenty jazz and sacrifices the white colonial masters could have ordinary African police men arrest him.

Says a lot about belief in juju specifically but also about religions and SPIRITUAL things generally.

Time for Africans to focus on knowledge, analysis and science for growth without neglecting the HERITAGE/HISTORY/LEGACY aspects of our religions
There are so many countries like India which the Britts still got an upper hand over.You made little sense but I think there are situations where Jazz or juju won't work.Also you need to know the circumstance on which the guys were able to arrest him.The thing is you need to use your head when you write.Myself I don't do Jazz and Juju but they do have effect.Even a white friend of mine who spent sometime in Africa confirmed to me.Another question is without the white men would those guys have dared?
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by anonimi: 10:11am On May 25, 2013
babanaba:
There are so many countries like India which the Britts still got an upper hand over.You made little sense but I think there are situations where Jazz or juju won't work.Also you need to know the circumstance on which the guys were able to arrest him.The thing is you need to use your head when you write.Myself I don't do Jazz and Juju but they do have effect.Even a white friend of mine who spent sometime in Africa confirmed to me.Another question is without the white men would those guys have dared?

Did you notice the word BELIEF in my post that you rushed to reply with plenty insults.
I will not go down the gutter with you on the insults so as to keep this very educating thread very useful for others who seek to enrich themselves.

You also did not notice the words FOCUS and WITHOUT NEGLECTING in my post or did you

It might interest you to note that the Europeans were also very religious up to around the 17th century and their societies were so underdeveloped and marked by oppression as we have in most African countries today.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by babanaba: 10:47am On May 25, 2013
anonimi:

Did you notice the word BELIEF in my post that you rushed to reply with plenty insults.
I will not go down the gutter with you on the insults so as to keep this very educating thread very useful for others who seek to enrich themselves.

You also did not notice the words FOCUS and WITHOUT NEGLECTING in my post or did you

It might interest you to note that the Europeans were also very religious up to around the 17th century and their societies were so underdeveloped and marked by oppression as we have in most African countries today.

I take back any insults
Re: Oba Ovonramwem Arrested And Taken-Out Of His Palace (Picture) by isalegan2: 3:11pm On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Sorry, we don't need your ''opinion''. What we need are your researched FACTS. What and what have your READ and STUDIED in this field in order to know the race of the Ancient Egyptians? Pagan has read NOTHING on the subject. He doesn't even know what Tomb Art of Egypt means. He thinks it's the 'coffin' he saw in the British museum. He's read Nigerian authors like Kenneth Dike and Biobaku who never ventured beyond 17th century Nigeria in their 'history' books. He's not read Diop, Chancellor Williams, Lucas, Davidson, Bernal etc. Neither have you, apparently. If you cannot point to any STUDYING of the topic then you have no basis to say what you think ''makes sense'' or doesn't ''make sense''. You must READ and RESEARCH to form an 'opinion'.

Explain the testimony of the ancients visitors to Egypt. Why do they ALL refer to the ancient Egyptians as black-skinned with kinky hair, ''like the Ethiopians''? Aristotle, Herodotus, Diodorus. These are heroes of ancient literature. You're saying they were all lying? Why does the old testament refer to ancient Egypt as the ''land of Ham''? Do you know Ham was the founder of the black races? How can you have an ancient black race of people in Africa and you say your ''opinion'' is that they were white or yellow? You cannot invent your own history. What is your opinion based on?

Neither can you have us posting images of CLEARLY NEGROID EGYPTIANS, and you turn around and say your opinion is what? So the images are fake? Or I painted them myself? What's next? I post an image of your black mother and you say your ''opinion'' is she is not black but white or yellow? You're free to hold any mad 'opinion' in contrast with reality, but just tell us your RESEARCH or keep mum. We want to know what you have studied and researched, or kindly stay OUT of the debate.

You're well intentioned, but you lose your rag a little too quickly for a self-identified "researcher" engaged in a dispassionate scholarly debate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Campaign Office In Katsina (Pictured) / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 / APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.