Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors (14203 Views)

Davido, Chidinma, Harrysong At ‘Noiseless Party’ / Chidinma,Others Shutdown UNILAG Wit Thrilling Performances At Skuki Concert(Pics / Globacom Drops Ramsey Noah, Rita Dominic, Uche Jombo As Ambassadors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Bryancrox(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2013
sholay2011:
You mean when are you going to be signed? Pray that you would be in a position where you would sign people and use them as ambassadors for a token like 15m. wink
i buy ur comment,you re a man of wisdom
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by daviide: 11:55am On May 25, 2013
More grease to their elbow grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Lekksite(m): 12:05pm On May 25, 2013
Congratulations. ......
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 25, 2013
I do not see the point of supporting these mediocre celebs, I wish I had data to see how these endorsements increase revenue for MTN.

And if this is an act of social responsibility, why can't they issue scholarships. There are many public school students in Nigeria who have no hope of attending college. A lot of them do not see the point of doing good in high school cos there is no possibility of furthering their education. Just imagine if hope is restored in the minds of these kids. What if students can be assured that if they get a certain GPA from high school, they are definitely going to be awarded a scholarship from MTN. All these foreign companies do not really care about improving the country, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 25, 2013
Good one coming from MTN. Where are the other telecommunication giants? Aren't there other youths who need to be encouraged by making them the ambassadors than continuously using old and famous faces?
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by naptu2: 12:32pm On May 25, 2013
musiwa26: so if i endorse a product, i will get money, that nice.. i have not been thinking of that.

some month back , i notice people were following me. i was scared. i throw away my phone.. i look at my cloth may be i was not dress well.

someone came all the way from nigeria just to see how i look like. i was shock.

amusiwa@hotmail.com

Musiwa is very influential.
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by delors(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2013
Nyanya! ibo boy! One fluke song! 32 concerts! Lagos, Abuja, SA, Toronto, NY, Malay, etc...meanwhile all man hustle all years, pray like die, this money never show oh boy, Ojoro don enter this money making race o...
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by wazobiaforu(m): 12:37pm On May 25, 2013
No be ambassador go make me use your network, make it standard and stop being a thief .

You don't even need advert if your network is superb .... Gari no get advert but e deyyy sell pass Quaker oat
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by naptu2: 12:38pm On May 25, 2013
Shollypopz: I do not see the point of supporting these mediocre celebs, I wish I had data to see how these endorsements increase revenue for MTN.

And if this is an act of social responsibility, why can't they issue scholarships. There are many public school students in Nigeria who have no hope of attending college. A lot of them do not see the point of doing good in high school cos there is no possibility of furthering their education. Just imagine if hope is restored in the minds of these kids. What if students can be assured that if they get a certain GPA from high school, they are definitely going to be awarded a scholarship from MTN. All these foreign companies do not really care about improving the country, Nigeria.

They already do that through the MTN Foundation (238 scholarships so far this year and more on the way).

It's just like what I told someone about Fashola. . . .when Fashola builds a cable stayed bridge, it gets maximum publicity. When skills acquisition centres are built to empower the poor, it doesn't get as much publicity because it is not as "sexy" and "amazing".

When MTN signs Iyanya, it gets maximum publicity. When they give a scholarship to an "unknown student" it doesn't get as much publicity because it is not as "sexy" and "amazing".
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by naptu2: 12:49pm On May 25, 2013
Oops! Sorry, it's way more than 230.

[size=14pt]670 students get MTN scholarship as 80 others make disabled list[/size]

Tweet

March 21, 2013 | 12:03 am

BY DAYO ADESULU

No fewer than 670 students over the weekend benefited from the MTN Foundation scholarship scheme. While 590 students were from Science and Technology institutions in the South-West region, 80 blind students in Nigerian tertiary institutions made the list of the phisically challenged scholars.

Speaking at the awards ceremony held at the National Arts Theatre, Lagos, the Chairman, MTN Foundation, Ambassador Hamzat Ahmadu said the organisation celebrates academic excellence in students who have worked extremely hard and who definitely deserve an opportunity to pursue their dreams of higher education. “We recognise the exemplary effort of a special group of students who have to overcome daily challenges in their quest for a brighter future,” he said.

According to him, over the last two weeks, scholarship awards have been presented to 238 successful candidates in Abuja, representing the Northern part of the country and 350 successful candidates in Owerri, representing the Eastern region.

On the whole, he noted that the foundation this year alone has awarded scholarship to 1,087 science students and 171 brilliant blind students.
The gesture, he explained is about shaping Nigeria’s future through education and making an investment in the lives of tomorrow’s leaders, by providing them with an opportunity to pursue their dreams despite financial limitations.

Ahmadu who urged the recipients not to rest on their oars said the scholars’ chances of enjoying the yearly N200,000 is based on the maintenance of 3.5 GPA and 2.5 GPA for the blind.

On her part, the Executive Secretary, MTN Foundation, Ms. Nonny Ugboma explained the process of obtaining the scholarship adding that applicants must be full-time undergraduates in public tertiary institutions across Nigeria.

Also, applicants from public universities and colleges of education must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent 2.1. For Polythenics, she noted that applicants must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 upper credit from the Ordinary National Diploma programme and have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) programme.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/670-students-get-mtn-scholarship-as-80-others-make-disabled-list/
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 25, 2013
^^ You shut me up smiley
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by EPOMA(m): 1:07pm On May 25, 2013
adaobi123: one day, I will become famous, IJN ! grin tongue
Is that Jesus plan for you?
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by bbulldog(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2013
MTN can still match GLO in terms of endorsement... Psquare's #240m. And many more. MTN is stingy, even wit their bonuses
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 25, 2013
EPOMA:
Is that Jesus plan for you?

hopefully tongue
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by donPhill(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2013
chidinma my gf...i will keep loving ya, our account will keep bursting....*wink*
the young babe is making her cool cheese.
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 25, 2013
^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by eddyslim(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2013
Wow, congratulation boys
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by eddyslim(m): 6:00pm On May 25, 2013
don-Phill:
chidinma my gf...i will keep loving ya, our account will keep bursting....*wink*
the young babe is making her cool cheese.
keep dreaming
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by kolamilan(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2013
gen2briz: Forwarding my CV to mtn. ........who knows I can also be sign through my CV
wetin you wan apply for gateman sorry general manager.
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by Bunda95: 12:53am On May 26, 2013

[img]http://3.bp..com/-eRxRRBGPFcg/UZ-rbZMLK_I/AAAAAAABt3k/Zl2GWgTB6K4/s1600/Untitled1.png[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-swP7IYOkxpg/UZ-rcAE8fgI/AAAAAAABt3o/CT--RmZzMHs/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

Telecoms giant MTN has signed Iyanya, Praiz, Chidinma (MTN Project Fame), and Mike Anyaso as the new celebrity faces of MTN and also renewed Davido’s contract.

I gathered exclusively that the stars have finished negotiations with MTN for a one year endorsement deal which will see some of them earning as much as N15m a year. Naija artistes are really balling. Congrats to them.

http://olofofovillage.com/2013/05/24/mtn-signs-iyanya-davido-praiz-mike-anyaso-as-ambassadors
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by bayular: 9:17pm On May 26, 2013
congratulation to you guys.
Re: MTN Sign Iyanya, Davido, Chidinma, & Others As Ambassadors by yewandegrillo: 6:44pm On May 27, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From Uche Jumbo's Movie Premiere. / Kim K Gives A Blow-j To Kanye West In The Car / Actor Ken Erics Is Gay: The Truth Finally Revealed (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.