Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? (35285 Views)

Liberty Reserve Down For Money Laundering / How To Make $100 Dollars Weekly On Liberty Reserve Automatically: / Can Anyone Exchange Liberty Reserve 2 Virtual Credit Card?i Have Liberty Reserve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by macrosa(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2013
Who is talking of paypal? I hate paypal. If they remember you, you will cry loud. I have about $30 in my LR account. At least I can bear the loss. But we pray it doesn't happen.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2013
holuphisayor: Liberty reserve website is under maintenance and it has not been closed down at all. This is a fake report.
word of faith. keep it up
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 25, 2013
Rest in peace Liberty Reserve 2002 - 2013 embarassed we will miss you 300lr gone
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2013
bandiejay: Rest in peace Liberty Reserve 2002 - 2013 embarassed we will miss you 300lr gone
eh ya undecided
sorry,olorun a fi opo ropo grin grin
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by mobilecrewnett: 12:22pm On May 25, 2013
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by MaziOmenuko: 12:24pm On May 25, 2013
A big blow to e-commerce in Nigeria! Hope they rectify the problem soon.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by mobilecrewnett: 12:24pm On May 25, 2013
hehe

Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2013
Good News!
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Good News!
fear God ooo undecided
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 25, 2013
onatisi:
the same was said about egold too,the money never came out till today

True talk

tell am

OUR MONEY FINALLY ENTER VOICE MAIL
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 25, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Good News!

Are you ok?
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 25, 2013
Glory86: Hi Guys, there is good news. You can now open a verified PAYPAL Account here in Nigeria with NO LIMITATION. I mean, u can operate a verified paypal account here in Nigeria without limitation. To know how, call GLORY at 08030648080.

MAY THUNDER FIRE YOU AND YOUR VERIFIED PAYPAL
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 12:52pm On May 25, 2013
Themaingate:

MAY THUNDER FIRE YOU AND YOUR VERIFIED PAYPAL

grin sangooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 25, 2013
igbsam: shockedJezuz.....my $520!!!!!! Site is not loading. I don die ooooooooooooo! My money.

you done die ? how come you still dey post here?

GHOST IN NAIRALAND
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2013
Themaingate:

you done die ? how come you still dey post here?

GHOST IN NAIRALAND

i was wondering myself shocked shocked
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by redcliff: 12:55pm On May 25, 2013
dramendra:

Naija will not fall for this.....
Actually, the glory is right. But i prefer to keep this info to myself bfre naijaboiz block am sef
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by bellong: 1:15pm On May 25, 2013
For those that maybe interested in opening a paypal account, it is very possible to open one in Nigeria. I opened a paypal

account in Nigeria which I used for transactions. Here is how I did mine. It may or may not work for everyone but there is

no harm in trying. I first opened a dollar account (domiciliary) with GTB and requested for a mastercard/visa card to be

linked to the account. On completion of this, I opened a paypal account and chose Niger as the country of residence, though

I filled in the Nigeria street address and city as well except for country as Niger. I added the GTB card to the account.

Paypal discovered this and closed my account. I sent email to the customer service that I am an honest person who needs the

account for my daily transactions. Wrote an epistle to convince them of giving me a chance in opening the account. I was asked to present some documents to verify my identity and bank ownership which I did. After going through the documents, my account was opened and verified. Active since then with no trouble. So anyone can try this, as well, it may work for you too.

2 Likes

Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2013
bellong: For those that maybe interested in opening a paypal account, it is very possible to open one in Nigeria. I opened a paypal

account in Nigeria which I used for transactions. Here is how I did mine. It may or may not work for everyone but there is

no harm in trying. I first opened a dollar account (domiciliary) with GTB and requested for a mastercard/visa card to be

linked to the account. On completion of this, I opened a paypal account and chose Niger as the country of residence, though

I filled in the Nigeria street address and city as well except for country as Niger. I added the GTB card to the account.

Paypal discovered this and closed my account. I sent email to the customer service that I am an honest person who needs the

account for my daily transactions. Wrote an epistle to convince them of giving me a chance in opening the account. I was asked to present some documents to verify my identity and bank ownership which I did. After going through the documents, my account was opened and verified. Active since then with no trouble. So anyone can try this, as well, it may work for you too.
so u think everyone has the time to go thru all these wahala ?
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by bellong: 1:20pm On May 25, 2013
onatisi:
so u think everyone has the time to go thru all these wahala ?

There is always a price to pay for what is right bro. If you already have a dorm account, its not that long. It took me only a week and half to do resolve with paypal. I trust my money there than anyother third party payment service.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by onatisi(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2013
alternatively guys why dont u just open moneybookers with as a benin republic resident
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 25, 2013
GONE TOO SOON

[img]http://3.bp..com/-8ijNG3irPdM/UAUE4KFTTaI/AAAAAAAABqc/oEgYbqve2YE/s1600/300px-Rest_In_Peace_logo.gif[/img]

Liberty Reserve
2002 - 2013

you departed this sinful world to join your maker. you were a distinguished e-currency , always resourceful and optimistic . you were a friend ,brother and colleague to most Nigeria online business guys like myself , forex users , seun (owner of nairaland ) just to mention a few

although you are still owing me almost 200lr before your death , but i forgive you

We take solace in the fact that you are resting in the bosom of the Lord
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by erniok(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2013
bellong: For those that maybe interested in opening a paypal account, it is very possible to open one in Nigeria. I opened a paypal

this is more like it. although i do not need paypal, i will give it a try instead of all this routes that will get your account blocked when you least expect it.

1 Like

Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by Ejovwoke(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2013
Instant diarrhea don come.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by obi4eze(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2013
Virtapay may now take over. Maybe this is what they have been waiting for.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by jeffer1122: 1:44pm On May 25, 2013
young-dude:
It shall be well. Thank God i got just $1.17 in my account.
hi there, how do i get to use liberty reserve thank you
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by souleymon(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2013
According to http://www.ehackingnews.com/2013/05/liberty-reserve-owner-arrested.html

Jonathan Capistrano who contacted LR about the status of peoples funds was told that
they will not be closing down but are taking a break and that LR will be back
"new and better" and finally said that funds will stay there , with no reduction or increase in value.

I will update if I get more information.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by gerald2(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2013
This is a very big problem for me ooo
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by obi4eze(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2013
souleymon: According to http://www.ehackingnews.com/2013/05/liberty-reserve-owner-arrested.html

Jonathan Capistrano who contacted LR about the status of peoples funds was told that
they will not be closing down but are taking a break and that LR will be back
"new and better" and finally said that funds will stay there , with no reduction or increase in value.

I will update if I get more information.

I'm just wondering if they contacted their customers beforehand to tell them they(LR) would be going on break. For me, I wasn't contacted.
Re: Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? by sweetguy10(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2013
OMG ! i have over $67 there cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.