Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue (626 Views)

Obasanjo Should Let Jonathan Be – Fayose / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari / Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue by Nobody: 6:49am On May 25, 2013
I was watching CNN yesterday when Obama was addressing an emergency national issue of closure of Guantanamo prison and backing of the use of drones to kill any us citizen outside the shore of USA posing threat to the USA and a woman interrupted his speech three times all Obama said was 'the woman was worth listening to even if I don't buy her idea'
My question is can any journalist do that with Jonathan though GEJ is kind hearted but I am quite sure his aids will send her out or arrest her.
I remember during Obadanjo tenure when he was addressing some issues, during question and answer section Obasanjo a youth CORPER asked him what he was doing to tackle unemployment in Nigeria he asked for his state and openly said go and ask your governor is that democracy
Your says
Re: Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue by julioralph(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2013
@ least Obasanjo try small.
Try that with GEJ and you go know how far!
Re: Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue by Afam4eva(m): 7:14am On May 25, 2013
Jonathan may allow it but that's if the security agents don't quiz her in the twinkle of an eye before Jonathan even realizes that someone was calling for his attention...If it's Obasanjo then you will receive the verbal lashing of your life.
Re: Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue by Nobody: 7:18am On May 25, 2013
GEJ is the only president in the world today who had given press enough freedom to speak and criticise him both positively and negatively. He would never see anybody that interrupts his speech as someone that has committed an offence. He is such a cool headed man.He is a learned gentleman who understands the need to allow any human to air his or her view. Can obama condone false lies from John R and Republicans just as GEJ has been condoning Buhari,El-Rufia,Tinubu and APC/CPP and ACN malicious lies against him and the good people of Nigeria?
Re: Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue by Nobody: 8:11am On May 25, 2013
Can't wait to see a bold reporter do it for us so we can know if we are being led by autocrat or democrat
Re: Can Jonathan Be Interrupted Like Obama Was Addressing National Issue by 1MCN: 8:21am On May 25, 2013
This is what I think will happen if GEJ is interrupted in the middle of a speech: he'll immediately pause and allow the interrupter say what s/he wants but continue thereafter. If he feels the contribution wasnt agreeable with him he wont even give the person that courtesy of acknowledgement that Obama gave. He'll just loop over that and say only what he wants to say. As for his aides, I dont think they're that rabid to want to interfer or intervene.
But the biggest problem is: Will GEJ ever give Nigerians the chance of open press access. The guy hates to talk worst than anything I can think of. I've hardly heard him grant open interviews where people can put spontaneuos questions accross. I wonder what his fears are.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

How Amaechi Ignited Crisis In NGF, By Jang, Mimiko, Obi, Imoke / Europe Is Full / Suspension: You Can’t Frustrate Me Out Of PDP – Wamakko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.