Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Nigerian-british Terrorists: We Must Stop Chasing The Shadows! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian-british Terrorists: We Must Stop Chasing The Shadows! (427 Views)

Stop Chasing Shadows, Mark Tells Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala / The Nigeria Moral Values; Lost In The Shadows / Chasing The Ghosts Of The Corrupt Abacha Regime: Gilbert Chagoury, Clinton Donor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian-british Terrorists: We Must Stop Chasing The Shadows! by Nobody: 11:06am On May 25, 2013
"When a child behaves well, he/she resembles the father but when he/she misbehaves, he/she resembles the mother"

The above stated is the irony of a culture where the Father after scolding his child for misadventure will eqaully turn to his wife and ask "have you seen your son/daughter?", as if the child did not come from his loins.

Yet if the same child were to have won a scholarship, the man would not ask the wife, "have you seen your son/daughter?". He would be celebrating that child and would practically forget that it was his wife who gave to him/her.

The recent news about the duo of the Nigerian-British citizens who were turned into monsters by religious extremists took both Nigerians and their British counter parts by surprise, especially considering the background of those boys and their origins (at least, they are not from the Hausa/Fulani: sincere apologies, if I am stepping on somebody's toes).

While I do not see any strange thing in the denials and the counters of whether they should answer Nigerians or Britons by the citizens of both countries, I have come to conclude that both parties are pursuing shadows!

The truth is this: if the duo had invented a car that can use water as fuel, both Nigeria and Britain would be marching claims with claims, intrigues with intrigues in the fight to associate with them.

Both Nigerians are Britons can try as hard as they like, the fact is that the duo are Nigerians as well as Britons:m Nigerians by origin and inheritance, Britons by birth. Denying them by both parties is on the pursuit of a shadow!

Meanwhile, while we trivialize the issues at stake at the court of denials, another "innocent" boy or girl is being dehumanized by dangerous Islamist whose only massage is hate and their only hope is to breed terrorists for "Jihardism".

We don't know who will be next and when it will happen but these ones are our concern now because they have been hatched after the incubation in the terror world. Who knows how many more are currently in the incubators?

Does it really matter where they come from? Why are we pursuing shadows?

Let us face the real issues. What can we learn from this incident?

1. Failed Parenthood: Parents, you are to very great extent responsible to what your children turn out to be. It is only an irresponsible sheep that will give birth and then throw the baby to the wolves.

2. Failed Nationhood: These kids were radicalised in the UK and not in Nigeria. Britain should accept the ugly fact that it has failed in her societal responsibilities. They in pursuit of "freedom" had allowed "monsters" to invade their land. It is time to read the riot act to Islamists whose only passion is the blood of the innocent.

3. Failed Humanity: Humanity is sinking! I am not a prophet of doom, but the earth is sinking into darkness. Rather than bulk passing blames, we all should rise up and take responsibilities for our societies and nations. We are living in generation that has worked so hard to avoid drawing the thick lines between the right and the wrong. We have accepted the "gospel" of devils that teach that man can do whatever he likes provided that it gives him joy. Just like absolute power without control can destroy, absolute freedom without control can surely destroy.

except we go back to the basics of core family values, we must be prepared to accept terrorism as part and parcel of modern day society.

(1) (Reply)

Politics In Nigeria: How Do You See It? / I Was Persecuted Because Atiku Chose Me As Running Mate –alamieyeseigha / Presidential Panel Visits Boko Haramsuspects, Blasts’ Survivors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.