Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election (23172 Views)

Nigeria Governors’ Forum Election – Live Update / Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa / Jonathan Moves Governors Forum Election To The Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by EkoIle1: 3:51pm On May 25, 2013

Governors who backed the newly reelected chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum premonition that the keenly contested election might become tumultuous, so they requested one of them to secretly video the poll, multiple sources close to the governors have told PREMIUM TIMES.

With his mobile phone, an unnamed governor secretly captured most of the proceedings of an election that featured intense maneuvering from governors on a clear divide, either in support or against, President Goodluck Jonathan’ candidate, Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau state.

The president has repeatedly denied having interest in who becomes the next chairman of the group, but that claim has been disproved by insiders and governors, and even the president’s body language.

The footage, seeing by a PREMIUM TIMES source, documents how the 35 governors, who participated, were transparently accredited, assigned ballot papers, before they took turns to slot them in a transparent ballot box hired from the Independent National Electoral Commission, our source said.

At a point during the election, a source said, the arrowhead of the opposition against Mr. Amaechi, Governor Godswill Akpabio, realized the election was being taped and he charged angrily at the governor doing the recording. But once Mr. Akpabio turned away, the governor simply resumed his secret recording.

With a fierce allegation of fraud now up against Mr. Amaechi’s victory, from governor’s known to be die-hard associates of the president, the recording is seen as the first documented evidence of a transparent process to crush that concern.

“Let them keep dancing around, we will release the video of the election at the appropriate, “ a governor, who pleaded not to be named because he was not authorized to speak for his camp said Sunday. “We have hard core evidence that this clowns (governors) voted without any complaint during the election. We are ashamed to have these shady characters as colleagues.”

The Director General of the Nigeria Governors Forum, Asishana Okauru, said the NGF secretariat did not arrange a recording of the election and that he is unaware that the proceedings were secretly taped.

“I was busy counting the votes so I didn’t know that any governor recorded. And by the votes I counted, Amaechi won,” he said in a telephone interview. “I will find out and let you know.” Mr. Okauru, who was returning officer at the election, is yet to revert and did not answer subsequent calls.

The outcome of the poll has been rejected by governors in support of Mr. Jang, and apparently, President Jonathan. The protesting governors, led by Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state, said the process violated key rules, and declared the group’s decision not to recognize Mr. Amaechi as the winner.

But for all the authority of incumbency and presidential leverage, Friday’s elections provided a teachable moment on the potency of an alliance between discontent members of a ruling party, and the opposition All Progessives Congress – a coalition bonded by common goal to upset and humiliate the establishment.

Mr. Amaechi, not favoured to win by the pro-Jonathan team, emerged despite intense strategizing that saw the Peoples Democratic Party raise a list of supporting governors who agreed Mr. Jang was the rightful candidate to win the seat. Nineteen PDP governors signed the document before the polls.

The Northern Governors Forum met early Friday and prevailed on the Katsina and Bauchi governors, Ibrahim Shema and Isa Yuguda, respectively, to yield their ambition, for a consensus candidate in the person of Mr. Jang.

Both men are known supporters of the president, and were seen as having been put up as part of the effort to ensure Mr. Amaechi, embroiled in a testy row with Mr. Jonathan over 2015 election, stood no chance.

Removing Messrs Shema and Yuguda was to soothe the president’s camp, led by Mr. Akpabio, and leave them with the impression all was well, our sources say. It turned out a dummy, well sold.

When Mr. Jang, also a supporter of the president, was presented by the group to the PDP governors later Friday, he drew no objection, not even from Mr. Amaechi, and soon won the signatures of most of the governors present.

In the end, at least three governors, who rallied that support on paper, backed off when afforded the luxury of an unmarked ballot paper, and a secret voting system. Their votes, alongside the opposition, apparently went Mr. Amaechi’s way.

After the polls, Mr. Akpabio, backed by other governors in support of Mr. Jang, said using the unmarked papers (which should betrayed those who opposed the president’ choice), and the refusal of Mr. Amaechi to resign first before the poll, nullified the elections

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/136126-exclusive-amaechis-camp-has-secret-video-of-fraud-free-governors-forum-election.html

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by malc619(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2013
I'm sure it's Aregbe who recorded the election!!

Nice one...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by phantom(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2013
I wonder how jonathan thinks this whole thing will end? Its obvious the man is a very bad politician.of all the governors you chose to have amaechi in the opposing camp.the ' clueless' tag is becoming more apt as the days go by.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2013
It's only a matter of time before Amaechi joins APC.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Tolexander: 4:56pm On May 25, 2013
malc619: I'm sure it's Aregbe who recorded the election!!

Nice one...

cheesy cheesy cheesy
very likely he is the one!

Considering how he employed the camera system to detect the election flaws in 2007 gubernatorial election in osun.

See how cluefulness outsmarts cluelessness!

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:00pm On May 25, 2013
Oya na, post it already and stop talking!

Me: Jonathan. Jonathan, Jonathan....how may times did i call u?

Jona: jes twice. The last one don't count.

Me: ha, i only called u once. If u knw wot i mean o...grin

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by djon78(m): 5:11pm On May 25, 2013
I have a simple question, it was reported Amechi won, but new report say that 18 governors supporting jang and 18 is half of 36, meaning a stalmate occured. Can someone clarify this scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 25, 2013
phantom: I wonder how jonathan thinks this whole thing will end? Its obvious the man is a very bad politician.of all the governors you chose to have amaechi in the opposing camp.the ' clueless' tag is becoming more apt as the days go by.

GEJ has surrounded himself with not just plain unintelligent men but also men of dubious character. Politics is a game of number-not force or intimidation. The video was recorded apparently by people who anticipated the current attempt by dishonest men like Akpabio and Mimiko to "destroy what they can not control"

If you claim to be the best, then you must allow competition to prove so. What Akpabio is doing now is a shame to himself, to the country and a disgrace even to presidency he seems to be dying to please! Election was held in Rivers House, results announced in Rivers House, no comment, no eyebrows. Akpabio left the venue for Akwa Ibom house and announced another results! Shameful or shameless, I don't even know which is appropriate !!!

I am not yet convinced that GEJ can even win PDP ticket in a true free and fair primary election.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by JomoGbomo2(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2013
Its a shame that 36 matured men that should be protecting our constitution and votes can't even carry out a simple election.....I mean just count 36 ballot papers!

Nigeria is in a mess politically.

15 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Symphony007: 5:29pm On May 25, 2013
djon78: I have a simple question, it was reported Amechi won, but new report say that 18 governors supporting jang and 18 is half of 36, meaning a stalmate occured. Can someone clarify this scenario.
i am sure by 18. You mean the 18 governours that attended jangs so called meeting. Well the election was a secret ballot so no governour knew who the other voted for. Some of the governours in that jang meeting voted ameachi. But akpabio just wiped up every governour he could find to attend this meeting and create the kind of suspision that you're feeling in the mind of nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Gbawe: 5:43pm On May 25, 2013
They should simply release the video on you-tube. I am getting sick and tired of the disgraceful sit-tight antics of GEJ that is a horrid throwback to the days of Abacha.

GEJ and his backers are showing that they are ready to trample on everything noble to achieve their nefarious agenda. This is why the Ribadu task force report was leaked to Reuters and we do not need a rocket scientist to tell who was responsible for that !!!

Jonathan is just wasting his time. In the end him and fellow desperados like Akpabio will be shown that, even more so today than in the past, things are about more than the sit-tight ambition of one man . Good this is all being witnessed now as it demonstrates to all those interested in genuine democracy the level of desperation and commitment to illegality GEJ and his gang are willing to embrace to get their way and that they, as opposition stakeholders, must counter.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by superior1: 6:13pm On May 25, 2013

Nice one...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

[size=13pt]You are so correct and I wont be surprised if Akpabio was one of those three PDP Governors who voted Ameachi. If i were Jona (God-forbid), I will be weary of Akpabio[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by PaulJohn1: 6:17pm On May 25, 2013

Nice one...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Same from me, it is the same tactic he used in reveling PDP's election malpractice in Osun which he presented in court that gave him victory.

He dey form smart engineer cheesy Aregberascal.. lol
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by djon78(m): 6:30pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: i am sure by 18. You mean the 18 governours that attended jangs so called meeting. Well the election was a secret ballot so no governour knew who the other voted for. Some of the governours in that jang meeting voted ameachi. But akpabio just wiped up every governour he could find to attend this meeting and create the kind of suspision that you're feeling in the mind of nigerians.

Well it is surprising cos for those 18 to come together, it may have created doubt on Amechis victory, cos they claimed that their own group won. And the way it is going now the NGF is seriously divided and weakened seriously which may be the original plan of the Ogas at the top, and once they are divided, there power will be seriously weakened.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by djon78(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2013
Also from the things that have been happening there is a very big battle going on for power and the soul of Nigeria by the political elites, the battle has been drawn but I feel that in all these their battle, they don't give a damn about the poor masses more about their selfish interests
, and the way it is going this battle will get messier as the day goes bye, which will make or mar Nigeria and shape the future.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 25, 2013
I see Akpabio and his anti-democratic forces are already entrenching themselves, with the tacit support of the Presidency.

Akpabio, Yuguda introduce Jang to Sambo as NGF boos

The duo have also taken Jang to the national secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party for introduction to the National chairman of the party, Dr. Bamanga Tukur

Governors Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State and Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State have introduced the Governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang to Vice President Namadi Sambo as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum. Akpabio and Yuguda conducted the introduction at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Saturday afternoon.

The duo have also taken Jang to the national secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party for introduction to the National chairman of the party, Dr. Bamanga Tukur. Akpabio is also the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum.

Source
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 25, 2013
My own vexation is why this people keeps pleading for "anonymity" whenever they wanna say the "truth".what is "he" hiding?.

Nigger spill the truth and save us this "I have evidence" trash. Mtcheeeewww!!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by waterfas: 7:29pm On May 25, 2013
Gej's do or die politics will land him in a big mess very soon.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 25, 2013
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Nightshift(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2013
Nigeria's governors forum is just like a Columbian narco cartel.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by aletheia(m): 9:07pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: i am sure by 18. You mean the 18 governours that attended jangs so called meeting. Well the election was a secret ballot so no governour knew who the other voted for. Some of the governours in that jang meeting voted ameachi. But akpabio just wiped up every governour he could find to attend this meeting and create the kind of suspision that you're feeling in the mind of nigerians.

I wonder where y'all got this notion of a "secret ballot" from. What transpired was that 17 governors met in the Rivers' State Lodge, declared that they had formed a quorum and "duly elected" Amaechi as NGF chairman. The other faction was largely absent. Whatever "victory" Amaechi has gotten is Pyrrhic and leaves the NGF divided and no longer an alternative power centre to the Presidency. This probably is the objective...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by DerideGull(m): 9:08pm On May 25, 2013
Next thing I am waiting to hear is the silly noises certain loudmouthed and sore losers will create when bashing Nigerian governor’s forum because the anticipated win of the candidate supported by the clueless gangs of APC did not happen.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by ITbomb(m): 9:10pm On May 25, 2013
In a democracy , which is more powerful?
The ballot box or a piece of paper containing signatures given in exchange of cash.
Akpabio gooffed. He should limit that politics of imposition to Akwa Ibom .
I love secret ballot

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by julioralph(m): 9:12pm On May 25, 2013
Na Wetin baba Jonah Jang still dey find? Instead of him to flush out those 'Herdsmen' from Plateau state he dey go drag chairman chair for Govs Forum.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Sibrah: 9:13pm On May 25, 2013
Lol . . . Come 2015 the ballot satelite imagery will be by our side.
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by bennieman: 9:15pm On May 25, 2013
djon78: I have a simple question, it was reported Amechi won, but new report say that 18 governors supporting jang and 18 is half of 36, meaning a stalmate occured. Can someone clarify this scenario.

Only 35 governors participated with the Gombe state governor absent. Amechi won 19 to 16
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by free2ryhme: 9:15pm On May 25, 2013
Nigerian leaders and their jibiti
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by figment232(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2013
julioralph: Na Wetin baba Jonah Jang still dey find? Instead of him to flush out those 'Herdsmen' from Plateau state he dey go drag chairman chair for Govs Forum.
he is capable of handling both
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 25, 2013
[quote
author=aletheia]

I wonder where y'all got this notion of a "secret ballot" from. What
transpired was that 17 governors met in the Rivers' State Lodge,
declared that they had formed a quorum and "duly elected" Amaechi as NGF
chairman. The other faction was largely absent. Whatever "victory"
Amaechi has gotten is Pyrrhic and leaves the NGF divided and no longer
an alternative power centre to the Presidency. This probably is the
objective... [/quote]

oh just shut up! nobody even the ass kissin akpabio has made such baseless and unfounded....so jus shut ur shit hole

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by VoodooDoll(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2013
Everything GEJ touches turns to dog doo.
Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by odiman: 9:22pm On May 25, 2013
This is just a reflection of 2015 election that if President Jona lost the election his group would not accept the outcome. Never-mind Nigerians God would handle them. Governor Akapbio who has confessed rigging out someone in a senatorial primary in his state, has come again to cause confusion. Please Nigerian lets stand and resist this evil men from destroying our great Country.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s Camp Has Video Of Fraud-free Governors’ Forum Election by odiman: 9:26pm On May 25, 2013
Larryfly:

oh just shut up! nobody even the ass kissin akpabio has made such baseless and unfounded....so jus shut ur shit hole
From your comment this shows how outdated you are in current event of things. Did Akapbio or other Gov used your senseless comment as reason to refused the result.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Off To Italy For G7 Meeting / Willie Obiano's Acceptance Speech On His Re-Election As Anambra State Governor / Oshiomhole: Ihedioha Never Won Imo, Supreme Court Just Made Correction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.