Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress (25456 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / Fayose Faults Yari’s Emergence As NGF Chairman / Jonathan May Recognize Amaechi As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by nice4life: 10:05pm On May 25, 2013
is NGF northern governors forum or Nigerian Governors forum?
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Dee60: 10:12pm On May 25, 2013
Why the hurry?

I am terribly dissappointed in Jang. First as a military governor and back as a civilian governor. What does he want? At this stage he is getting himself in so much mud! What is wrong with these leaders?

At any rate, accross the nation, people are watching how Amaechi is being wronged! There is a 'dictator' in the making somewhere. We are praying and God will save us from dictators.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 25, 2013
The politics of NGF chairmanship is a reflection of the general trend in Nigerian polics in which the sit tight syndrome is a significant feature. Amaechi wants to remain the chairman of NGF not minding its impact of such decision on the nation. As for his banning of Rivers PDP from using any public property in the state and issuing quit notice to them as per the party's secretariat on Aba road in ph,that will not save him. He earlier ban all political meetings in the state but still lost out the control of PDP. No dictactorial use of power can upturn the people's power
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by figment232(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: Well, this is officially the end of the governours forum. The meeting jang presided over today is the "jonathan governours forum" and ameachi has his own forum.

These are the traits of an incredibly stupid president. In the 15 years of the 4th republic no president has shown such an incapacity of govern and unite, even yar adua for all his weaknesses commander respect and unity around the country.

PDP in the state that gave him the most votes is crumbling. Ameachi has already issued an order barring the state PDP from using any government property in the state for meetings or ceremonies and they have also been issued a quit notice for their state headquaters on aba road. We're watching!
You re really a big f...l.Amaechis days are numbered he wud be disgraced at the end.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Solowande(m): 10:15pm On May 25, 2013
djon78: But we were told that 19 governors voted for Amechi while I know that 18 is half of 36. This shows that the election was a stalmate.
na chess game u dey play?
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by beblessed(f): 10:17pm On May 25, 2013
36 persons cannot respect their old age. na waoh
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by figment232(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2013
SLIDE waxie: It's funny, d governors won't decide election, we will. Jonathan's hobnob with d north is jes starting, but means nothing.
He shld start toasting JEGA, otherwise he shld be ready to rig, big time. Biliv me.
On the contrary GEJ wud get a landslide victory.WHY? ss,sw,se and part of the north wud vote enmasse for Uncle JONA
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Gentleme1: 10:22pm On May 25, 2013
where is gbawe and his pro amaechi butt lickers....I said it Amaechi can win a battle for a moment but can never win this war...his stupid.ness has just provoked the malevolence of all PDP stakeholders.

My people say if one man cook for a village, dem go chop am finish but when the entire village ready cook for one man...e go hard o!

Every PDP stakeholder has put their pots ready to serve the st.upid and stubborn governor(Amaechi), its time to treat his f.cuk.up grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Sconty09(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2013
Jonathan,will be dissapointed in the southwest ,you can see the sign in osun state in 2011 despite the low campaing and tinubu compromise. But this time arround PDP and Jonathan will loss woefully. Religions and Tribal cards don't work here. We will campaing against him door to door. He is too desperate.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Atoato(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2013
Arrant Nonsense...
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 25, 2013
This is just the beginning. Most PDP governors realise the folly of supporting Amaechi (fighting for his own PERSONAL interest) against the president. I mean, come on; we're talking about Jonathan here - a calm man that is not interested in bullying bystanders and forcefully selecting gubernatorial successors, commissioners or local government chairmen in every state UNLIKE OBASANJO. GEJ would let the governors govern their states as they deem fit, and is not interested in interfering in their local politics or choosing their successors like Obasanjo notoriously did in several states. Any sensible governor can see this, and should know that it makes no sense to challenge the gods to a fight when the gods are at peace with you. This is mere common sense. Only buffoons with inordinate ambition and an exaggerated sense of self-importance would think otherwise, and they would surely face the dire consequences of their foolishness.

5 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by dbilz(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2013
onatisi:
yorubas may not vote for pdp at the state elections or let me say pdp will find it tough winning some states but for the federal or presidency mark my words 70% of yoruba will vote for gej .

Well, time will tell. It seems u guys got no clue abt d west. D west had always been a front runner in 9ja politics.GEJ\PDP shld 4get southwest come 2015. "I once had no shoes propaganda won't work again". I don't knw 4 d retrogressives zones. I knw how maggi cubes & sachets of salts were shared in ebonyi during 2011 elections. All those idiots making noise now, where were they during d Abacha dynasty. But here are they 2day dancing Alanta to failure

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Solowande(m): 10:43pm On May 25, 2013
kelvincoll: Source pls!

Wonder what the fuzz about being Chairman Gov forum is all about. It aint like there is a special allocation undecided
guy u bi learner?
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by str8talk1: 10:43pm On May 25, 2013
d Govs dat attended Gov. Jang's inaugural speech are d non-performing Govs. Y?

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by OdionOdion: 10:43pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: he never contested election because obasanjo cleverly booted him, but he still triumphed our that and one again, he will. Ameachi is not a lone wolf. People are watching an have'nt seen anything he has done to jonathan to warrant this harrasment. Even the so callef vice presidency he is aiming for, there is no single poster of his campaign in the entire niger delta.

Rivers people are watching, some pDP members are watching. Jonathan rewarded the biggest thief governour in nigeria odili, by making his wife a supreme court judge, a man who brought untold hardship to rivers state. While he is purnishing the man who is doing in a few years what odili could'nt in 8 years. People are watching and when jonathan goes too far, he'll know ameachi is'nt alone afterall.
You are not Rivers State
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Sant1m: 10:45pm On May 25, 2013
I wonder why nigerian's think that we must all lick jonah's butt becos he is the president. Who says grown up men like Ameachi dont ve right to chart his own political choice even if its at variance with what the president wants. I pity our democracy if grown men like govs can be tossed around like boy scouts, what hope is there for our democracy if all we believe is all must bow to the whimps of the president at all times. One thing is sure for those that ve eyes, pdp is on the road to perdiction, this is jusr the first sign

3 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by hikmoj(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2013
Wahala wa oo!
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by tomakint: 10:54pm On May 25, 2013
And I thought I personally warned this man called Rotimi Amaechi, to steer clear of dirty politics with Jonathan undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by tomakint: 10:58pm On May 25, 2013
pro01: This is just the beginning. Most PDP governors realise the folly of supporting Amaechi (fighting for his own PERSONAL interest) against the president. I mean, come on; we're talking about Jonathan here - a calm man that is not interested in bullying bystanders and forcefully selecting gubernatorial successors, commissioners or local government chairmen in every state UNLIKE OBASANJO. GEJ would let the governors govern their states as they deem fit, and is not interested in interfering in their local politics or choosing their successors like Obasanjo notoriously did in several states. Any sensible governor can see this, and should know that it makes no sense to challenge the gods to a fight when the gods are at peace with you. This is mere common sense. Only buffoons with inordinate ambition and an exaggerated sense of self-importance would think otherwise, and they would surely face the dire consequences of their foolishness.

You really have a full grasp on how politics is run, respect to your analysis cool
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by manny4life(m): 10:58pm On May 25, 2013
Please o, I'm still a learner

What is the beef between Gov Amaechi and GEJ?
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by clint77ng: 11:05pm On May 25, 2013
Symphony007: Well, this is officially the end of the governours forum. The meeting jang presided over today is the "jonathan governours forum" and ameachi has his own forum.

These are the traits of an incredibly stupid president. In the 15 years of the 4th republic no president has shown such an incapacity of govern and unite, even yar adua for all his weaknesses commander respect and unity around the country.

PDP in the state that gave him the most votes is crumbling. Ameachi has already issued an order barring the state PDP from using any government property in the state for meetings or ceremonies and they have also been issued a quit notice for their state headquaters on aba road. We're watching!
You dont want to respect him cos he is not yoruba or hausa. The Sick Yardua you respected, was he more fierce looking than GEJ. Abeg stop this your tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by kenndemot(m): 11:07pm On May 25, 2013
I really pity this Mumu Jonathan & his agent! I laugh when pple deceive themselves that the Kaki boys has been confounded to the barracks....let him continue this his primary school boy politics....may they not use their mumu actions to invite them back...he will soon surpri
se himself cos Ameachi has nothing to loose here if he doesn't know! When it happens his Akpabio & Asari Dokubos will disappear forver!

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by iykofias(m): 11:13pm On May 25, 2013
ckkris: Pro Jona is for the peace of all parts of Nigeria. But resistance is expected, and tactically anticipated. And Amechi under-rated Jona too much, by apeing the politics of the South-west which he doesn't understand. Amechi may not even understand the Yoruba language, because he has never lived in Western Nigeria.
listen to urself, dnt kno wot u'r smoking but its obviously too heavy for ur brain. Wot does living in d west n understandin yoruba got to do wit ds. If d topic is not familiar,eat d humble pie n shutup!

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by sayemma: 11:14pm On May 25, 2013
19 voted amechi under secret ballot, but can not declear openly because of the pressure from gej who is desperate.
djon78: But we were told that 19 governors voted for Amechi while I know that 18 is half of 36. This shows that the election was a stalmate.
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by tomakint: 11:15pm On May 25, 2013
djon78:

I never wanted to comment on this Amechi saga since, but for me I think Amechi has become a lone wolf in his zone, the forces arrayed against him is of huge magnitude. Can he come out of this unscathed, that I don't know only time will tell. As for PDP in Rivers, Amechi was never in control, he became governor through the supreme court judgment, he never contested election in 2007 while he rode on the back of Goodluck presidency in 2011. I actually see a scenario where he may be join APC in which he will be finished politically.
You got it correct, that was the whole object of this scheme! PDP strategist wants Amaechi to be eased out of PDP to the opposition party, APC and right from there he is politically redundant! Trust me, Amaechi is about to be buried politically for being too arrogant!

1 Like

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Inik(m): 11:27pm On May 25, 2013
I don't see Amaechi coming out of this whole mess politically strong. By now i hope he has perfected his plans to decamp to Apc cos the Pdp will be too hot for him. It is only in Apc that he stands a chance to be chosen to serve as a spare tyre to Sule lamido come 2015. Goodluck Jonathan will definitely get the Pdp ticket for 2015 and with the majority of governors from the oil producing states backing him he is guaranteed of enormous funds to prosecute the election to a successful conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 25, 2013
Hmmm. plz Amaechi be careful oooo, I don't want no 'APC' in my State... PDP all the way. if you want to join them, na u sabi.
Everyone has been screaming blue murder on President GEJ, I'm yet to come to clear terms as to why would GEJ want a fight with Amaechi. I mean it doesn't make sense, so unti I hear/read otherwise, I'm tempted to bliv this is in PDP's plot after all to distabilize the merger party at the appropriate time.
In any case, God must Bless my Country still sha...
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by sayemma: 11:30pm On May 25, 2013
Gentle me: where is gbawe and his pro amaechi butt lickers....I said it Amaechi can win a battle for a moment but can never win this war...his stupid.ness has just provoked the malevolence of all PDP stakeholders.

My people say if one man cook for a village, dem go chop am finish but when the entire village ready cook for one man...e go hard o!

Every PDP stakeholder has put their pots ready to serve the st.upid and stubborn governor(Amaechi), its time to treat his f.cuk.up grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros I sorry for you, why can't you read what you wrote, let me tell you that over half of pdp members don't like gej
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by thelastpope10: 11:34pm On May 25, 2013
I told some funny chaps commenting here the other day that Amaechi was on a fools errand. It didnt matter if he won the NGF election or not. What he is playing is dangerous politics.

Politics 101

1. Never Isolate your support base. The SS and SE will never betray GEJ and vote for someone else, just because Amaechi is his running mate. That is just fantasy

2. Never play your cards too early. ACN and CPC have played all their cards too early. If anything, they have simply showed PDP what they need to put right before 2015

3. Never underestimate your opponent. Amaechi is probably listening to those who call GEJ clueless and will be shocked. If a man goes from Deputy Governor to President, there is something he is doing right. That he doesnt try to achieve things by being brash and arrogant doesnt mean he doesnt know what he is doing. So far, he hasnt lost any battle. That means his methods are working.

4. Always understand the political terrain. Here is one place Amaechi has failed woefully. The north never joins opposition. The worst scenario is that they will try to strike a deal with GEJ to see how they can come back after he leaves. They will not do opposition. The PDP governors in the north will not submit themselves to Tinubu and Buhari and loose out their current power base. It wont happen. The SS will not betray their own. The south west will only do a block vote if APC presents a Yoruba candidate. But that is not likely because APC was formed to pave way for a northerner. If APC presents a SW candidate, they will not get much vote from the North. Amaechi apparently is not a smart politician. He is probably listening to people like Rochas, Fashola or Oshiomole urging him to do what he is doing but when the chips are down, he will be left in the cold like Mama Bimbo's cold turkey wings! Skinless, frozen and ice cold wet!

13 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by sayemma: 11:37pm On May 25, 2013
figment232: You re really a big f...l.Amaechis days are numbered he wud be disgraced at the end.
. When you understand politics in nigeria you will know the camp of obj and his will, then you can understand that Gov Amechi Rotimi is not alone, insha allah by 2016 gej will run out of nigeria in shame
Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 25, 2013
As a bonafide ijaw indigen and a FULL Rivers citizen, i can boldly states that Amaechi is ON his own in this fight with PRESIDENT JONATHAN. Jonathan is not only a brother, he's THE BEST LEADER Nigeria/Africa has ever had. Any person or group of persons that scheme to disgrace him out office or deny him his 2nd term shall FAIL. Nigerians luv Jonathan, PDP love their leader Jonathan, even the gods loves Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Jang Holds Inaugural Meeting As NGF Chairman - Newsexpress by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 25, 2013
sayemma: . When you understand politics in nigeria you will know the camp of obj and his will, then you can understand that Gov Amechi Rotimi is not alone, insha allah by 2016 gej will run out of nigeria in shame
Mr Man did you say Jonathan will run? HAHAHAHAHAHA. pls respect yourself with your allah, no let me use mouth finish una two.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn / Governor Obaseki Wears Red Cross' Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.