Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2173784 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
safarigirl:
Namibians never supported Elikem.
They were voting Annabel until she accused dillish of nominating her.
That day they switched to Sulu.
I tot ann might get their vote tho.
Cos some of dem continued voting her
So i heard oh. I don't really follow or mind their talk on twitter which is why I honestly thought they will vote for Elikem.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lumeviewscom: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
ochongonoko:

i doff my cap for you.. Your predictions were ALL on point
Thanks, i appreciate that! Comments by y'all on this thread help to guide my predictions.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
safarigirl:
Did u see how Africa voted?
There's was a tie and a tie boils down to individual votes.
I'm not saying 9ja alone voted him abeg.
I'm saying the population paid off.
A lot of us voted (myself inclusive)
And u can't compare the voters in Nigeria to the amount of voters anywhere else.
If 9ja had voted sulu he would have stayed cos of the individual votes.
Even some SADC peeps are saying the same thing.
Don't make it seem like I'm hyping cos it's just a fact.
It doesn't boil down to any individual votes. The tie breaker is based off on the average percentage across all the countries. If 53% of the Nigerian voting population voted for Elikem, the percentage for Elikem in Nigeria will be 53%. The percentage votes for a housemates across all the 15 countries are then added up and divided by 15. This has absolutely nothing to do with population, stop misleading people.

8 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lumeviewscom: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
I hope Elikem wins HOH otherwise we'll be welcoming 1 or 2 west Africans next week!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Mavor: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
safarigirl:
And u can't compare the voters in Nigeria to the amount of voters anywhere else.
where are u from safarigirl?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
ItsModella:
Huh? The tie breaker is not based on population but on the average percentage across all countries. It is written at the bottom.

But the fact that Nigerians are also scattered all over the countries in Africa might help... Think about it.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
kosky: Ethiopia is one country that votes without sentiments. I wish we could all learn from them.
Nope the did if for strategic reasons. They have been in contact with the Ghanaian admins. So far it has just been Nam/Eth voting for Bimp. Ea do not vote for Ethiopia. They will always choose kenya,TZ or Ug. So they are looking to secure other votes. This is what the admin said on their page:

Bimp - Big Brother Africa The Chase
July 23
HEY GUYS! are doing it for our Ghanaian friends, right?? Please trust us on this do it for Elikem & Elikem only...it's not that we have something against Sulu or Annabel, it's just how the game should be played!! we owe you a lil explanation here tho about our decision

We have asked for your thoughts yesterday about whom we should save this week. We have gone thru them & really appreciated all of your honest comments, opinions, advises & reasonings..... Yet, Admin (being responsible lol) needed to take enough time & carefully evaluate them against the best interest of Bimp.

In the past 8 weeks, our team voted for Namibia's Dillish (3), Malawi's Natasha (1) & Kenya's Annabel (1), apart from our reps. Lucky, we have built a very successful alliance with Namibia as they also got our back in two occasions. we also trust our Malawians friends that they will have our backs when we need that. they assured us that. On the other hand, Kenya failed us whatever their reasons may be.

it's now Day 58 with only 12 chasers left & the real chase has only started, we gotta play our own part in the game strategically, not only ‪#‎Thechasers‬. And its oblivious building a strategic alliance with selective participating countries is one of the games we need play wisely.

So, from the options at hand, we are convinced we should go for Ghanaian Elikem. Wasn't easy decision but if analyse things carefully ...Zambia has still two reps and they owe SA & Bots too much . If Bimp is up with O'neal/Angelo/Sulu/Cleo they will simply forget about us. So lets be realistic here, even if they want to help then wont be able to!! As for Annabel, first Team Kenya never appreciated what we have done for Annabel in week three let alone to return the favor. Second Annabel seems to be up every week.. third, they may even consider returning a favor if Nando/Feza/Annabel won't be up.

But Ghana, like us, has only Elikem in the chase, which is an ideal condition to form a win win alliance with and they haven't build a strong alliance with any other country other than Zimb... plus we have been in contact with ‪#‎TeamGhana‬ which has boosted our confidence in them.

Hope y'all trust us, as we have enough reasons to believe that we should vote for Elikem this week.

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL!!
‪#‎TeamBimp‬ ‪#‎TeamEthiopia‬
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by pinkylips1: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
Feza is a devil.......she n oneal already had talks with bimp on who to nominate tomorrow,next she asks bip to try n convince Cleo on that too.......bimp feels its gonna be hard to convince Cleo but feza feels Cleo owes bimp one for saving her.......seriously bimp is another sly fox in that house......I hope he comes up tomorrow.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
GH PATRIOT:
No!!! They respect Pokello a lot, they wilL vote for Melvin, besides judging from twitter they have love for Melvin as well.
Was it not via twitter everyone thought Nigeria will vote for Dillish that time she was up with Bassey? Abeg I don't listen to all those twitter things at times. There's only a few of them compared to the number of people that vote. But yeah anyways what I meant was as long as Elikem is still in the game (finale), Zim isn't voting for anybody obviously. I don't think they've ever really voted for Nigeria, I don't see why they will start now....but hopefully you're right.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ladydeb: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Owl Neal won't sleep this night
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
spade:

But the fact that Nigerians are also scattered all over the countries in Africa might help... Think about it.
I agree that Nigerians abroad might have helped push Elikem's percentage votes up in those countries but saying Elikem survived based on Naija's population is just pure fallacy.

If Nigeria's population mattered so much, why didn't Bassey survive? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by practikal(f): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
Melvin & Bev channeling their inner agbero...im loving it
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by chriskwaku: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
GH PATRIOT: At this juncture, I pray Elikem wins H0H and gets nominated as well as Melvin so that he can save himself, with Eli's sense of gratitude it won't be funny if Oneal and Melvin should be u:p and watch him saving Oneal, I will curse.

my fear exactly. The feza who saved him earlier in the game and oneal want him out badly. i hope he forgets about their save and put one of them up.open yours elikem
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mariarocks:
Was it not via twitter everyone thought Nigeria will vote for Dillish that time she was up with Bassey? Abeg I don't listen to all those twitter things at times. There's only a few of them compared to the number of people that vote. But yeah anyways what I meant was as long as Elikem is still in the game (finale), Zim isn't voting for anybody obviously. I don't think they've ever really voted for Nigeria, I don't see why they will start now....but hopefully you're right.
Zim will vote for Nigeria trust me. They are with WA. They do not want sadc to win. They have even said that they will only vote for Eli n Melvin and perhaps Angelo to return favour back. Zim owes Nigeria too for Pokelo. That is why i hope that if Elikem wins hoh and if Melvin is up. We will both vote for him.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
My humble prediction for tomorrow's nominations... The one i did last time wasnt 100% correct but i got atleast one person right a certain housemate nominated....
Elikem:: Nando/feza/bimp
Nando::: Elikem/melvin/cleo
Dillish:::: Nando/owl-neal/feza
Melvin:::: Elikem/Owl-neal/Nando
Cleo::: Nando/owl-neal/beverly
Angelo:::: Elikem/ owl-neal/feza
Beverly::::: owl-neal/elikem
Feza:::: Elikem/ dillish/cleo
Owl-neal:::: Elikem/Melvin/dillish
Bimp::::: Elikem/dillish/melvin

Chineke.. So na so beverly take escape again..?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by practikal(f): 8:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
biggie is about to annouce something to the Hms..he just called all of them to the living room
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Agbgift(f): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
pinky lips: Feza is a devil.......she n oneal already had talks with bimp on who to nominate tomorrow,next she asks bip to try n convince Cleo on that too.......bimp feels its gonna be hard to convince Cleo but feza feels Cleo owes bimp one for saving her.......seriously bimp is another sly fox in that house......I hope he comes up tomorrow.

Who she say make them nominate? That girl na witch.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by v24m(f): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Its abt to go down biggie just told all hsmates to assemble at the living room
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Miss_3v3: Zim will vote for Nigeria trust me. They are with WA. They do not want sadc to win. They have even said that they will only vote for Eli n Melvin and perhaps Angelo to return favour back. Zim owes Nigeria too for Pokelo. That is why i hope that if Elikem wins hoh and if Melvin is up. We will both vote for him.
Well all these na talk. Let us just wait and see....but I have to say if Zim votes for Melvin, I will be so proud of them.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by larrybabe: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
ItsModella:
It doesn't boil down to any individual votes. The tie breaker is based off on the average percentage across all the countries. If 53% of the Nigerian voting population voted for Elikem, the percentage for Elikem in Nigeria will be 53%. The percentage votes for a housemates across all the 15 countries are then added up and divided by 15. This has absolutely nothing to do with population, stop misleading people.
My dear, it boils down to individual votes & population has EVERYTHING to do with it, don't be mislead by the maths or the big grammer 'TIE BREAKER'.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
larrybabe: My dear, it boils down to individual votes & population has EVERYTHING to do with it, don't be mislead by the maths or the big grammer 'TIE BREAKER'.
Yeah, I should disregard the Tie Breaker rule and follow your unfounded assumptions? No thanks.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mariarocks:

Zimbabwe voted MASSIVELY for Kevin on the final week that he won.

They also voted for Karen when she was up against Weza, Sharon O, Alex and Peo.

Why you tawkin' like this? If you scratch their backs, they'll scratch yours.

Hell, this season is the very first time Namibia is ever voting a Nigerian. They didn't even do it in Uti's season.

If we want to really analyze it, Malawi is the only country that has NEVER voted in support of a Nigerian in the history of Big Brother.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by lolaluv1(f): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
pinky lips: Feza is a devil.......she n oneal already had talks with bimp on who to nominate tomorrow,next she asks bip to try n convince Cleo on that too.......bimp feels its gonna be hard to convince Cleo but feza feels Cleo owes bimp one for saving her.......seriously bimp is another sly fox in that house......I hope he comes up tomorrow.
Their plans will fail. She will be the one standing next to IK next week, God willing. Even if she doesn't leave next week, she still won't sink her paws in the moolah.
She better cool down so that some Nigerian producers will have pity on her and feature her in some 51 Iweka road Onitsha movies...
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by mykali(m): 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
Biggie addressing HMs over the Nando/Elikem incident.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by bionicdude(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
biggie is addressing nando and elikem's issue.hope he gets nando disqualified
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by mykali(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nando seems scared.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
Biggy is playing the recorded footage of Nando and Elikem to the housemates...
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GHPATRIOT(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
spade:

Well, that only housemate has been Bassey and he was evicted because he got only two votes.

The first time Dillish was up, she got Nigeria, Ethiopia and Namibia while Hakeem won the ROA, but she still wasn't booted out.

...I hope I got your post sha.

safarigirl:
I think you are/have not grapsed my point, "ROA" by definition is not attributed to any identified jurisdiction.
I remember asking this question many many pages back "is ROA a spillover or an overbloated 9ja vote?" I was not given any answer......I hope I get Y'all post.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GHPATRIOT(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
spade:

Well, that only housemate has been Bassey and he was evicted because he got only two votes.

The first time Dillish was up, she got Nigeria, Ethiopia and Namibia while Hakeem won the ROA, but she still wasn't booted out.

...I hope I got your post sha.

safarigirl:
I think you are/have not grapsed my point, "ROA" by definition is not attributed to any identified jurisdiction.
I remember asking this question many many pages back "is ROA a spillover or an overbloated 9ja vote?" I was not given any answer......I hope I get Y'all post.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by mykali(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
Elikem seems smug.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by waxdude: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Biggy is playing the footage of wat happened btwn nando nd elikem,who knws watz gonna happen
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by pinkylips1: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Biggies camera men r definitely crazy.......why show a video of what happened btwn Nando n elikem n can't even show to us d viewers rather they shows d housemates dead faces......rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.