Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering (16198 Views)

Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering.. / Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary / Embarrassment As Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot @ AU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by raphealolami(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2013
clint77ng: Sahara Reporters(Yoruba things). Why do the yorubas and the Moslem North hate GEJ. During the Amalgamation, was it adopted and sealed that an Ijaw man will never rule Nigeria? Despite the yorubas not voting for OBJ's, they still respected and protected him as their own. Why all these insults on GEJ. Doesn't an Ijaw man deserve some respect from Yoruba racists. WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE. Since most of you are moslems, i guess you haven't heard of that saying. My advice to GEJ; Even the son of God came, they hated him, accused him falsely,abused and insulted him, beat him, torn and stole his dress and killed him, but they didn't change the fact that he was and still the son of God and was born of the virgin, they didn't change the fact that he asended into heaven and currently sitting in the right hand of God. Not equating you to christ, but they will hate, gossip, accuse you, but they wont change the fact that you were and still the president and commander in chief, they wont change the fact that the almighty God who brought you out from the creeks of Bayelsa, made u DG, Gov., D. President, acting president and then President, will still keep you there at Aso rock come 2015, cos u are there for a purpose and has not accomplished it. God wants to bless the south east through you.

You must be a joker!!!
I don't think you heard the news about GEJ's election. Throughout south-west, thee only state that don't "massively" Vote for GEJ was Osun state. So, I wonder where you saw your tribalistic news from. I don't care what tribe rules Nigeria, most people are only clamoring for competence not a shoeless, clueless, disgraceful personality. The first thing OBJ did when he was elected was to create a better relationship with International society with all his tours back then. Unfortunately, GEJ is like ruining it all. Am waiting eagerly for 2015 to come. Try to bring another Ijaw "reasonable candidate" and see if he won't be voted into the office of the president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by VoodooDoll(m): 7:58am On May 26, 2013
If he didn't give a speech, the most visible sign that we taxpayers can see of him functioning at the AU meeting, can we demand a refund of the expenses incurred as it seems he just went as a tourist!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by anonimi: 8:38am On May 26, 2013
Anyone who has access to the Ethiopian Television (ETV) channel yesterday would have seen Jonathan making a speech at the AU at about 12 noon Addis Ababa local time.

It should be obvious to any one who can reason well enough that this cooked-up story is aimed at MINIMISING the great achievement by GEJ of gaining the endorsement of the 54-member AU for Nigeria's permanent seat at the UN Security Council.
This is something OBJoke could not achieve despite his reputed international goodwill.

I expect that the Presidency will issue a credible rebuttal emanating from Sahara Reporters nameless "sources" and examine possible legal action against the publishers.

BTW, it rubs off on all of us as Nigerians whatever Jonathan does and how we present him to foreigners because like it or not, the FACT remains that he is OUR 1st representative to the outside world as OUR President.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by patrick89(m): 8:39am On May 26, 2013
superior1: He was distracted by Ameachi's victory at NGF. The yeye shoeless retardeen was running after petty politics ignoring his primary duties.
Kai!, God go punish satan come 2015 election undecided undecided

You are very silly by calling the president names

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by EkoIle1: 8:49am On May 26, 2013
1MCN: When I saw the title I knew from default that it must be SR again. This is just rather reprehensibly infantry! I am not a GEJ campaigner. Am a Nigeria believer. I wonder how these guys will stay in far away NYC and do everything to bring their home country (if they're truly Nigerians) to disgrace and failure just cos they dont like the face of the man there and his family. What will happen to them if they ever report good about our Nigeria?! This is corossive hate. God will bring all those who wish us evil into their untimely pulverization. Amen
God bless Nigeria and Nigeria

Do you know who is bringing your country down? Your useless and incompetent dullard president who failed to carry out his Nigerian and AU membership obligation. The people shaking their heads at the AU summit didn't shake it at Sahara reporters, they shook their heads at your worthless president and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Pataki: 8:52am On May 26, 2013
So the shoeless, clueless and useless one has done it again!

Was this not almost the same show he performed in Australia? Our President is an utter dullard!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by EkoIle1: 8:56am On May 26, 2013
Pataki: So the shoeless, clueless and useless one has done it again!

Was this not almost the same show he performed in Australia? Our President is an utter dullard!

That Australian one na pure disaster.. From gangstar to shayo, molestation, crude and lousy entourage... Talk about wastage and estacode scam for 200 people..
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by clint77ng: 8:59am On May 26, 2013
My
NL friends say it is not tribalism, but i know for sure that it is
the cause for the hatred. we've not even known the true story and we r
hurling insults on the so called homeless, clueless retardeens. R u sure
u people voted 100%? What make him incompetent, what did other civilian
leaders do that he didn't do? Are u guys sad that he stopped d subsidy
cabal and released illegally stored fuel in d north. Have u been to most
airports in the country, most of our roads, reform in d power sector,
Sure-p, you win etc. For more than 20yrs, agencies like costoms
recruited for d first time. what about d 9 new universities, the new
refineries, which as usual eluded the SE. u may claim whatever, but it
is only tribalism dat can bring this kind of hatred. Hatred of insult,
name calling and disrespect. As for me, this man hasn't failed.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by bunminikan(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2013
i think this report is baseless and lack truth. the tone is falseful. roporters mostimes are just fake
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Delafruita(m): 9:40am On May 26, 2013
ferking: is it a crime for the president to miss his speech?,or what would have been our national benefite if he had gave the speech? Please allow me to hear word,can't you people know that he was busy doing inportant thing in the intrest of his country?will his speech at AU meeting solve any of our problem,cant u see that he had so many internal issue to deal with?have you not heard that the best answer for a fool is to keep silent?were you not aware that the were so many fools there whom were ready to make a fool of his speech? u don't understand that not saying anything at all is the act of power?please learn from mr president incase you did not know.
I love the style of mr president, instead of creating problem he kept quiet to gain more respect,now others african leaders will be afraid of Nigeria since they don't know what is in our mind.
God bless mr president
God bless me
God bless federal republic of Nigeria.
na like dis craze dey start
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Delafruita(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2013
anonimi: Anyone who has access to the Ethiopian Television (ETV) channel yesterday would have seen Jonathan making a speech at the AU at about 12 noon Addis Ababa local time.

It should be obvious to any one who can reason well enough that this cooked-up story is aimed at MINIMISING the great achievement by GEJ of gaining the endorsement of the 54-member AU for Nigeria's permanent seat at the UN Security Council.
This is something OBJoke could not achieve despite his reputed international goodwill.

I expect that the Presidency will issue a credible rebuttal emanating from Sahara Reporters nameless "sources" and examine possible legal action against the publishers.

BTW, it rubs off on all of us as Nigerians whatever Jonathan does and how we present him to foreigners because like it or not, the FACT remains that he is OUR 1st representative to the outside world as OUR President.
no rebuttal my friend.not even from the omnipresent reno omokri
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by patrick89(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

Do you know who is bringing your country down? Your useless and incompetent dullard president who failed to carry out his Nigerian and AU membership obligation. The people shaking their heads at the AU summit didn't shake it at Sahara reporters, they shook their heads at your worthless president and Nigeria.

Your papa is useless, a dullard!!! For heaven sake you guys suck big time with your comments!!!!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by 1MCN: 10:32am On May 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

God forbid I should say no man should critique our leaders. They must be. I keep saying thank God for opposition in politics everywhere. But my good friend, imagine SR reportage. Pure infantile. Pure speculation. Rash and harsh and rabid miscalculation. This isn't a responsible critiquing in my own thinking. Anonymous interviews. Hasty conclusions. Bin reportage.

And next, am considering not following your comments. I apologize for the earlier mistake of attempting to. I dont know how old you are, what stage of life you're in, whether you're a student or working class. I dread your incessant use of foul words. I know Yorubas are known with respect for elders. If you can so easily use such unprintable names to a man of such meat I wonder what my fate will be the day I disagree with you. In the spirit of civility I'd suggest you speak more gentlemanly. Criticize with respect for human dignity--whoever it is. I'd love to see you try that change. Thank you.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by 1MCN: 11:14am On May 26, 2013
But let truth be told, in the final analysis, when all is said is done, is it GEJ's speech that mattered most at that meeting? Was he billed to deliver a keynote address?
Why did SR not report that at that meeting GEJ and his accolytes secured AU's support for Nigeria's appointement to the permanent seat of the UN Security council? A struggle Nigeria has toasted for more than a decade. It didnt make their news?! Chai. Thank God for those who want us to fall, they give us a stronger reason to pin our toes into the soil.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by AnanseK(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2013
1MCN: But let truth be told, in the final analysis, when all is said is done, is it GEJ's speech that mattered most at that meeting? Was he billed to deliver a keynote address?
Why did SR not report that at that meeting GEJ and his accolytes secured AU's support for Nigeria's appointement to the permanent seat of the UN Security council? A struggle Nigeria has toasted for more than a decade. It didnt make their news?! Chai. Thank God for those who want us to fall, they give us a stronger reason to pin our toes into the soil.

GEJ is not a president elected on merit. He has no history of merit. He was elected based on ethnic and religious sentiments. These two sentiments are being used to support his stay in office. The endorsement of AU for Nigerias permanent seat in UN is good diplomatic work for many years and by many previous governments and GEJ will certainly share in the glory - no problem. But angry Nigerians must complain if their president sleeps through his slot/ Nigerias slot at the historical occasion of he 50th year of the organization. We have the right to call a sloppy president to order.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Inik(m): 12:32pm On May 26, 2013
anonimi: Anyone who has access to the Ethiopian Television (ETV) channel yesterday would have seen Jonathan making a speech at the AU at about 12 noon Addis Ababa local time.

Spot on!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Gbawe: 12:34pm On May 26, 2013
AnanseK:

GEJ is not a president elected on merit. He has no history of merit. He was elected based on ethnic and religious sentiments. These two sentiments are being used to support his stay in office. The endorsement of AU for Nigerias permanent seat in UN is good diplomatic work for many years and by many previous governments and GEJ will certainly share in the glory - no problem. But angry Nigerians must complain if their president sleeps through his slot/ Nigerias slot at the historical occasion of he 50th year of the organization. We have the right to call a sloppy president to order.

Thank you. Not much to add. All the inane excuses we have had here that bears out the part in bold above. There is really nothing to spin here. GEJ was there. He agreed to address the UN. He disappeared and was nowhere to be found when he was called several times to mount the podium.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by anonimi: 2:19pm On May 26, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. Not much to add. All the inane excuses we have had here that bears out the part in bold above. There is really nothing to spin here. GEJ was there. He agreed to address the UN. He disappeared and was nowhere to be found when he was called several times to mount the podium.

I am sure you do not mind sharing with us the video clip of that moment "when he was called several times to mount the podium."

We dey wait you oh!
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by jmaine: 2:29pm On May 26, 2013
Sahara Junkies spewing shyte as usual to their teeming disciples sad . . . .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by awodman: 4:31pm On May 26, 2013
awodman:
Jonathan Urges end to Africa's self inflicted conflicts

The president said Nigeria would remain a strong supporter of Pan-Africanism.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday called on African leaders to declare an end to self-inflicted wars and conflicts to usher in an era of transformation, peace, stability and sustainable development.

In his contribution to the debate on Pan-Africanism and
African Renaissance presented by the Minister of Foreign
Affairs, Olugbenga Ashiru, in Addis Ababa, Mr. Jonathan
urged the leaders to rededicate themselves to ensuring
delivery of democratic values to the peoples of Africa.

“The message today is, Africa must declare an end to the
era of self-inflicted wars, conflicts and usher in an era of
transformation, peace, stability and sustainable
development. For too long, Africa has been the victim of
external domination, exploitation and manipulation; Africa
must rediscover itself.

“In this regard, we must first take definite steps to
implement all the frameworks aimed at curtailing
proliferation of small arms and light weapons on our
continent. These are weapons used in the prosecution of
deadly conflicts, acts of terror, arm robbery, piracy and all
sort of crimes.”

Mr. Jonathan said with Africa free, leaders must commit
themselves to deepening democracy and the rule of law to allow for democracy to flourish.

“We must end the culture of abuse of power and impunity; we must embrace the culture of acceptability, equity and justice; we must respect the wishes of our people when they express them democratically, freely and openly. ƒσя Pan-Africanism to endure and African Renaissance to occur, a peaceful Africa must learn some lessons from its ancient past as the cradle of human civilization,” he said.

He said in the past 50 years, the world has moved very
fast, driven by high level technology and sciences and that “Africa must be part of that movement.”

The president said Nigeria would remain a strong supporter of Pan-Africanism, its ideals and objectives as championed by the union. He said Nigeria would continue to be in the vanguard of the collective effort aimed at realizing the continent’s dream as Africa remains the central focus of the country’s foreign policy.

Various AU member states took turns to contribute to the
debate.

The 50th Anniversary celebration is expected to kick off
after the debate.

Source:premiumtimesng.com/news/136204-jonathan-urges-end-to-africas-self-inflicted-conflicts.html

"Various AU member states took turns to contribute to the
debate....."

aside this debate was there any other form of address by presidents of other African countries...or is SR referring to sometin else...

Anoda lie clearly busted
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by EkoIle1: 6:15pm On May 26, 2013
1MCN:
God forbid I should say no man should critique our leaders. They must be. I keep saying thank God for opposition in politics everywhere. But my good friend, imagine SR reportage. Pure infantile. Pure speculation. Rash and harsh and rabid miscalculation. This isn't a responsible critiquing in my own thinking. Anonymous interviews. Hasty conclusions. Bin reportage.

And next, am considering not following your comments. I apologize for the earlier mistake of attempting to. I dont know how old you are, what stage of life you're in, whether you're a student or working class. I dread your incessant use of foul words. I know Yorubas are known with respect for elders. If you can so easily use such unprintable names to a man of such meat I wonder what my fate will be the day I disagree with you. In the spirit of civility I'd suggest you speak more gentlemanly. Criticize with respect for human dignity--whoever it is. I'd love to see you try that change. Thank you.

very irrelevant. Without your president messing up and acting incompetent all the time, there wont be anything for SAHARA reporters to report.

Your president is the problem, not Sahara reporters so face your president and leave Sahara alone.
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by geekinthelead: 7:41pm On May 26, 2013
AnanseK:

GEJ is not a president elected on merit. He has no history of merit. He was elected based on ethnic and religious sentiments.

so what? Our constitution does not call for merit in anything. It specifically requires ethnic and regional considerations above all else to maintain unity.. ode go and read your constitution b4 complaining... tongue
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by geekinthelead: 7:43pm On May 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

very irrelevant. Without your president messing up and acting incompetent all the time, there wont be anything for SAHARA reporters to report.

Your president is the problem, not Sahara reporters so face your president and leave Sahara alone.

dumbass your problem is your constitution... and i dont mean the one on paper... tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by DisGuy: 11:22am On May 27, 2013

so bros which Ethiopian tv were you watching, the 48hr late rebuttal mentioned Ashiru giving a speech, or perhaps Ashiru was wearing Resource control hat ?
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2013

GEJ was shamefully and shamelessly absent. Here is the video of the awkward moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElaiWGfKGn0
Re: Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering by DisGuy: 11:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
^^ calm down bros loool , its spitting images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjPQjTBrlU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns / Yahaya Bello To Be Sworn In As Kogi Governor Tomorrow / Pantami Orders Probe Of Payment For Digital Identity Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.