Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

New Android Phone? Check Out These 14 Essential Hints And Tips - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Android Phone? Check Out These 14 Essential Hints And Tips (975 Views)

How Appealing Is Your Phone? Check This Out. / 2 Simple Steps On How To Use Mtn Bis On Your Android Phone [check It Out] / Do U Browse With Ur Phone? Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Android Phone? Check Out These 14 Essential Hints And Tips by Tajsagay(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2013
[img]http://timenerdworld.files./2012/11/galaxys.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1[/img]
If you’ve just purchased an Android phone, congratulations. By going Android, you’ve opted for raw functionality over simplicity, for customization over absolute user-friendliness. Android is a powerful platform, but only for those who take full advantage of all its tricks.

To help get you started, here’s a guide to tricking out your Android phone, whether you just bought a Samsung Galaxy S 4, HTC One or a budget Android handset from your local prepaid carrier:

1. Get Some Widgets, Organize Your Home Screen

Widgets are an easy to way to put information and quick commands front-and-center on your phone. Here’s my most recent list of favorites, and here’s another list for good measure. On most newer phones, you can add widgets by going to the main app launcher, then swiping over to the widgets section. Some phones let you add widgets by holding your finger down on a blank part of the home screen.

Once you’ve got a solid collection, try to organize them in a logical way. For example, my main screen has just the weather, favorite apps and a fast way to reach my wife (more on that next). Then I have one screen for quick actions like note-taking, bookmarks and navigation shortcuts, one for news and information and another for phone settings.

2. Give Yourself a Spouse/Significant Other/BFF Button

I want to give special attention to Android’s built-in 1-by-1 Contact widget (or the “wife button,” as I call it), which serves as a command center for talking to that special someone in your life. Add it to your home screen, and with two taps you’ll be able to call, send a text message or write an e-mail. (Update: Some HTC phones, such as the HTC One, only include a 4-by-4 Contact widget. But there is another way: Press and hold down on your home screen, and you should see a drop-down list with “Widgets” as the default option. Change this to “Shortcuts,” then select “Person,” and select the contact you want to add.)

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2013/04/25/new-android-phone-check-out-these-14-essential-hints-and-tips/#ixzz2UKKKwocb
Re: New Android Phone? Check Out These 14 Essential Hints And Tips by saleskara: 6:22pm On May 26, 2013
You may check nice Android tablets. Branded as Kara with a free leather case

and keyboard. Wholesalers and retailers are welcome. For more information Please

visit http://www.kara.com.ng/tablets/

(1) (Reply)

Sony Xperia M And Xperia M Dual Smartphones Officially Announced / Please How Much Is A Bbq10? / MTN Finally Stops The 1.5gb On The N2500 Night Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.