Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) (13084 Views)

Post Four Lines To Diss Your Opponent While Competing...rapping Lords. / Battle Rapping / Gabry graduates from Ofoka's nairaland school of rap.free tickets to prom party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Nobody: 9:01am On May 26, 2013
RAP DEFINITIONS
~Punchline~
Punchlines are the mostfun for almost everyone. Punchlines areused mostly for jokes. Punchlines can be very simple or very complex. But a punchline is supposed to suprise, shock, or make you laugh depending on the nature of it. A punchline is definte as "the point of a joke or humorous story". A punchline does not always have to be funny but many of them are. Punchlines area part of creativity and it keeps and emcees audience interested in him. The most important aspect of a punchline is that it makes sense.
~Multi~
Multis are what many young emcees do not understand. All of us in our beginning stages of rap use them and do not know that we are. Multis are something that is so natural in rap that it's overlooked and left in a simple stage byso many emcees. Three of the most notable users of Multis are Fabolous, Lloyd Banks and M.I(@mi_abaga) . If you listen close totheir rhymes you can here the purposeful usage of multis. Mutlis are repitition of perfect syllable sounds. Everyone who has listened to rap has heard a multi that was simple and complex without knowing what they were. The averageand uneducated listener of rap or uneducated listener would say he has an ill flow, or killer flow. The educated emcee or listener ofrap would say that he or she uses multis well.~Wordplay~
Many seasoned veterans still misinterpret wordplay. Wordplay can be used as multis or rhyme scheme. Be sure to remember that multis are a particular rhyme scheme is done correctly. But wordplay is simply not the repitition of sound. It is the repitition of precise words to create different meanings. Theenglish language is perfect in giving emceesthis flexibility with the complexity of our language. We don't thinkthat our language is complex because to us it seems so simple. But a chines man would have no problem flowingin chinese, but if he never spokeenglish our ways of using the samewords for so many different defintions would confuse him. And do not think wordplay islimited to separate definitions, it is just ~Complexity~
This is basically saying how educated your rap is. Also talking about the levelof thought your person has to put into reading your verse.
~Flow~
Flow is defined as; the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression,the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases), any uninterrupted stream ordischarge, the amount of fluid that flows in a given time, dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas. Let's deal with the words, continuous progression, any uninterrupted stream ordischarge, and successive ideas. This iswhat flow is and it doesnot death with rhyming totally. Flow is the way the words come out. They must be smooth and uninterrupted by stuttering, mumbling, orleaving a word out that should be there. In rap however, for somethingto truly flow it must eventually rhyme. If youlike to think ofrappers with awesome flows you'd thinkof Biggy, Jay,Eminem, Ludacris, M.I, ChuckD, Rakim, Big L, and of course probably number one is Big Pun. All of your good rappers have a great flow. One who also comes to mind as anew age rapper is Lloyd Banks. He is known for his flow and what will discuss next. Multis. All great rapper possess some type of unforgettable flow, it is what sets the cream ofthe crop away from weak emcees. Here is an example
~Rhyme Scheme~
This is another fascinating element of rapping. Rhyme schemes are the way you flow your words that are unique and not common to see or hear. There are flows so simple as the ones outlinedin the flow section, some like thoseladen with multis like Fabolous, M.I and Lloyd Banks. Rhyme scheme iswhat sets many emcees apart from each other

1 Like

Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by dj5naira(m): 11:46pm On May 30, 2013
runzlord: RAP DEFINITIONS
~Punchline~
Punchlines are the mostfun for almost everyone. Punchlines areused mostly for jokes. Punchlines can be very simple or very complex. But a punchline is supposed to suprise, shock, or make you laugh depending on the nature of it. A punchline is definte as "the point of a joke or humorous story". A punchline does not always have to be funny but many of them are. Punchlines area part of creativity and it keeps and emcees audience interested in him. The most important aspect of a punchline is that it makes sense.
~Multi~
Multis are what many young emcees do not understand. All of us in our beginning stages of rap use them and do not know that we are. Multis are something that is so natural in rap that it's overlooked and left in a simple stage byso many emcees. Three of the most notable users of Multis are Fabolous, Lloyd Banks and M.I(@mi_abaga) . If you listen close totheir rhymes you can here the purposeful usage of multis. Mutlis are repitition of perfect syllable sounds. Everyone who has listened to rap has heard a multi that was simple and complex without knowing what they were. The averageand uneducated listener of rap or uneducated listener would say he has an ill flow, or killer flow. The educated emcee or listener ofrap would say that he or she uses multis well.~Wordplay~
Many seasoned veterans still misinterpret wordplay. Wordplay can be used as multis or rhyme scheme. Be sure to remember that multis are a particular rhyme scheme is done correctly. But wordplay is simply not the repitition of sound. It is the repitition of precise words to create different meanings. Theenglish language is perfect in giving emceesthis flexibility with the complexity of our language. We don't thinkthat our language is complex because to us it seems so simple. But a chines man would have no problem flowingin chinese, but if he never spokeenglish our ways of using the samewords for so many different defintions would confuse him. And do not think wordplay islimited to separate definitions, it is just ~Complexity~
This is basically saying how educated your rap is. Also talking about the levelof thought your person has to put into reading your verse.
~Flow~
Flow is defined as; the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression,the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases), any uninterrupted stream ordischarge, the amount of fluid that flows in a given time, dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas. Let's deal with the words, continuous progression, any uninterrupted stream ordischarge, and successive ideas. This iswhat flow is and it doesnot death with rhyming totally. Flow is the way the words come out. They must be smooth and uninterrupted by stuttering, mumbling, orleaving a word out that should be there. In rap however, for somethingto truly flow it must eventually rhyme. If youlike to think ofrappers with awesome flows you'd thinkof Biggy, Jay,Eminem, Ludacris, M.I, ChuckD, Rakim, Big L, and of course probably number one is Big Pun. All of your good rappers have a great flow. One who also comes to mind as anew age rapper is Lloyd Banks. He is known for his flow and what will discuss next. Multis. All great rapper possess some type of unforgettable flow, it is what sets the cream ofthe crop away from weak emcees. Here is an example
~Rhyme Scheme~
This is another fascinating element of rapping. Rhyme schemes are the way you flow your words that are unique and not common to see or hear. There are flows so simple as the ones outlinedin the flow section, some like thoseladen with multis like Fabolous, M.I and Lloyd Banks. Rhyme scheme iswhat sets many emcees apart from each other
http://www.geocities.ws/freakstylaz/primalraptutor.html

BUSTED : )

1 Like

Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Rick9(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
Pls Give us examples
Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Rick9: Pls Give us examples
as in?
Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Rick9(m): 10:43am On Aug 10, 2013
runzlord: as in?
For instance after explaining what is a Rhyme . Then you give us an example sth like this.

'' I dont wanna go THERE
So why do you wanna go THERE

We aint suppose to be HERE
But Now that we are HERE
it's only right that we be FAIR
Dont be scared You got nothing to FEAR.

Ehn bros sth Like tis so pls give us examples cos most of us are learning.

And thanks for this , you explained everything well. So thanks
Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by wheesin(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2013
Yes examples of multis.....

1 Like

Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Wrinting cant give good examples. Listin to these artist song.

1 Like

Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
As for multi. Listen to dj neptune ft mi - 123. Not the remix! Listen to the first half of mi verse

1 Like

Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by Rick9(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
A Multi - He has explaines it.
Let me give an Example.

From Olamide Song GhostMode.
So Many Rappers don do Beef Track For Me
Thier Mama too don go collect Witch Craft For Me
But they cant take away the Love the Street Gat for Me
Niggas still dey Bow For Me
The Green Part is the Multi. Cos i rhymed more than one word. I hope you guys Understand [/color]
Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by mwhiz(m): 1:30am On Dec 13, 2015
stealing (steal in) in the game,thats wah My MAMA SAYS//Causing (cause in) you a lot of radiation like the GAMMA RAYS
Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by freezyfofo(m): 8:18am On Jan 28, 2016
you will need a good rap beat to get out there as a rapper.... Check out my stuffs at google. Im freezyfofo the eccentric music producer.....ask about me..... 08133219041 twitter @real_freezyfofo

Re: Basics Of RAP (what To Know When Rapping) by dj5naira(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=freezyfofo post=42394811][/quote]

Nicky!

(1) (Reply)

Sauron Vs Ibime / *******WARCRAFT: No Rest For The Champion: Mikuz Vs Illscripts***** / Survival Of The Fittest : Mikuz Vs Fuckyouhard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.