Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian (1748 Views)

The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Have Anyone Used The Payoneer Card As A Direct Deposit Transfer On Clickbank? / Where Can A Buy A Birthday Card As Tall As A Human Being? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by deoyel25(m): 5:21pm On May 16, 2006
Hello,
I want to buy some things online but unfortunately for me, I do not have a credit card. I went to do some business online to make up for my credit card. When it comes to the time of redeeming my prize, I was told to go and open a paypal account. Another problem is that paypal is not here in Nigeria. What do I do to redeem my prize and how do I have my own credit card?
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by Bossman(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2006
This is just one of the limitation that needs to be addressed in Nigeria. A non-existing system of credit is a major drawback for us. It makes it pretty much impossible to purchase anything online.
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by Afam(m): 1:40pm On May 20, 2006
You can get a Mastercard debit card from UBA or Ecobank. I have not seen a credit card issued by a Nigerian bank before, it may be happening but I am yet to see one.

If you have won a prize online, ask them to send you the money via Western Union. You really do not need to own a debit or credit card before you can do business online.

I believe serious businesses do not restrict themselves to credit/debit cards or online as regards settling transactions online.

You can do a wire transfer, money order or Western union. Talk to your bank about opening a domiciliary account so you can do these things save for Western union anyone can do.

Paypal, moneybookers etc will not allow you register with them if you are resident in Nigeria.

Genuine businesses will still do business with you online if you are genuine. They are only being too careful based on what our brothers and sisters have done in the world of online business.

Hope this helps.
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by deoyel25(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2006
Thank you bossman and afam for your wonderful contributions. I will work on it
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by styles2009: 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2010
A friend told me they have credit card in Nigeria but its not accepted online due to our fraudulent ways, tongue

Imagine a country of #150 Milllion people cannot use Paypal ,while Cameroon and NIGER is on Paypal and moneybookers. Chei embarassed

Its a shame,what 5% of fraudsters are doing to the remaining 95%,who are suffering all this discrimination,why? all because some lazy boy want to impress his peers and folks.

If we continue like this, we would never compete with the outside world and they would never take anything we do serious.

Eddy
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by hamlak(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2010
I can help you obtain a Visa card issued in the US plus a virtual bank account attached to it,
which you can use for Paypal and so on.

see my signature below for more info.
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by osilade123(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2010
you can go to paymonster.com

i can give an info on how to get a debit card you can also use it to pay and withdraw from any atm machine worldwide in the local currency
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by osilade123(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2010
you can go to paymonster.com

i can give an info on how to get a debit card you can also use it to pay and withdraw from any atm machine worldwide in the local currency
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by halfort: 3:34pm On May 17, 2010
Nigerian banks do give credit cards (but to only well known customers of theirs that they can vouch for). YOu can't blame them anyway.
However, you can approach any Nigerian bank for visa card or master card issuance. the conditions could be easily met, i.e about $100.00 opening amount, copy of your international passport, utility (nepa, water) bill, passport photograph.
Also, note that some banks still refer to their master or visa cards as credit cards (though cash-backed).
Hope this helps
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by dumijonu: 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
you can get a USA MasterCard from Payoneer just download the attached it will help you and if you are finding it difficult call me 07033437055
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by gdcredit(f): 4:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hi,
my advise is to check out gtb,l know they are effective and should direct you rightly.but you have to know what kind of card you really want,and u can

get a lot more useful information on this at [url]http://www.creditcardsninjas.info
[/url]
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by fortitude: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
I like to advise people who are genuine and God-fearing businessmen. If you are and not one of those who spoil the fortune of other Nigerians, then go to www.Zenithbank.com and ask for Web Suffers Card.
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by AffilCash: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2010
Don't be deceive if you want to buy anything online you can get your credit card from GTBank Plc, walk into there Bank and open a domiciliary account after that you applyfor your Visa Card, they can start processing your Standard Visa Card you can use Online. i have my GTBank Visa Card i always used it when i want to buy an e-book online. Secondly pertain to the issue of pay-pal anybody that want to help you with it, tell him is fake. don't patronise them if you do, you will blame yourself. Do it yourself

Thank you
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by suwailad(f): 11:58am On Jun 04, 2010
You can always buy a virtual credit card.
Re: How Do I Have A Credit Card As A Nigerian by virtualcards: 9:08pm On May 16, 2012
www.virtualcreditcards.dinstudio.com (online credit card you never touch)
VISA and MasterCard virtual prepaid credit cards, it is simple, instant, global solution for making and receiving online payments.

Accept Liberty Reserve

www.virtualcreditcards.dinstudio.com

(1) (Reply)

Does Anybody Know If Coldroom Biz Is Lucrative? / Watch Live Premiership Matches On Your Internet Enabled Pc / Suppliers Of Lead Ore And Copper Ore Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.