Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

How To Stop Smoking, Drinking & Womanizing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Stop Smoking, Drinking & Womanizing (1257 Views)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / Is Smoking A Sin? / Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Smoking, Drinking & Womanizing by sidespin: 10:12am On May 26, 2013
HOW TO QUIT SMOKING, DRINKING AND WOMANISING

A young woman came to see D. L. Moody, and she said, "I want to become a Christian, but I just love to dance. I tried to give up dancing to become a Christian, but I just can't." She was talking about worldly dancing, of course. Mr. Moody said to her, "Why, little lady, just give your heart to Jesus, and you can dance all you want to." Well, that convinced her, so she gave her heart to the Lord and was born again. A number of days later Mr. Moody said that this young lady met him on the street. She smiled and said, "Mr. Moody, I see what you mean now. The 'want to' is gone!"

Quit trying to stop those dirty habit without Christ. Receive the Lord Jesus first and He will empower you to stop whatever it is you want to stop.

A lady once asked Smith Wigglesworth if she had to stop drinking and smoking before receiving Christ. Smith told her she can smoke as many cigar as she like and drink as many bottle as she can. He encouraged to receive Christ and care less about those stuff. She owned a brewing company. She received Christ gladly and before long, she just couldn’t take another bottle or smoke another cigar. That’s the Power of the Lord Jesus to break any kind of bad HABIT.
Re: How To Stop Smoking, Drinking & Womanizing by NoProphecy: 10:46am On May 26, 2013
Why should I consider quitting smoking, drinking, and womanising?

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Smoking, Drinking & Womanizing by plaetton: 1:51pm On May 26, 2013
NoProphecy: Why should I consider quitting smoking, drinking, and womanising?

I was going to ask the same question.

I am quite sure that Jesus had his share of smoking(or something similar), womanising, and drinking.
Re: How To Stop Smoking, Drinking & Womanizing by NoProphecy: 1:07pm On May 27, 2013
plaetton:

I was going to ask the same question.

I am quite sure that Jesus had his share of smoking(or something similar), womanising, and drinking.

It doesn't matter what Jesus did. What, specifically is the problem with these things? I understand that cigarette smoking can lead to addiction & lung cancer. The primitive people of biblical times did not know this.

What is wrong with a glass (or two) of sherry after dinner?

What does "womanizing" mean anyway? Are women being abused? Raped? Forced to hide their heads or bodies under suffocating black tarps in the intense heat?

(1) (Reply)

Is this murder? / How Nigerian Pastors Are Encouraging Corruption & Robbery / Knowing Jesus Vs Knowing About Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.