Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title (1928 Views)

Emir Sanusi Strips Lamido Bayero Of Title / Jonathan Storms Out Of Reconciliation Meeting; Accuses Obasanjo Of Being Behind / Yar’adua Accuses Obasanjo Of Wasting N1.2trn On Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by smile4kenn(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2008
The Zuru Emirate Council has stripped former President Olusegun Obasanjo of the title conferred on him by the Emirate council and conferred same on the former Chief of Army Staff, LT. Gen. Ishaya Bamaiyi who was recently discharged and acquitted of attempted murder charges by a Lagos High Court

Sani Sami said Gen. Obasanjo does not deserve to hold the title of Uban Yakin Zuru, one of the highest titles in Zuru Emirate which means “the one in charge of warriors” as a result of the deliberate punishment he meted out on their illustrious son, on trumped up charges.

The emir stated that, despite everything done by the former President to inflict pain, grief and sorrow on the family of Bamaiyi and the emirate, the truth finally prevailed as he was vindicated by the verdict of the High Court.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2008/apr/28/newsbreak-28-04-2008-001.htm

Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by ndubest(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2008
Medicine after death cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by ono(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2008
''That'' looks like a turbaned baboon.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by bawomolo(m): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2008
so transferring the title from one crook to another. these traditional rules are clowns.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by tng(f): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2008
so transferring the title from one crook to another. these traditional rules are clowns

You can say that again. What a stupid thing to do.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by lucabrasi(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2008
about time,at least he is courageous enough to strip him of the title when the likes of the yoruba obas,ooni of ife and co are still heaping accolades on obasanjo till tmorrow,i am impressed with the northern traditional rulers with some actions they take, this is coming on the heels of the emir that resigned from the police eqipment fund and returned the car that was given to him while pleading with the efcc to investigate, nice one emir!
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by chidichris(m): 5:03pm On Apr 28, 2008
soon it will be transfered to mustafa or bode judge. from frying pan into the fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by lucabrasi(m): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2008
frying pan to fire,so obasanjo is frying pan ?well ill like to see anybody worse than obasanjo its certainly not olabode or mustapha
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

about time,at least he is courageous enough to strip him of the title when the likes of the yoruba obas,ooni of ife and co are still heaping accolades on obasanjo till tmorrow,i am impressed with the northern traditional rulers with some actions they take, this is coming on the heels of the emir that resigned from the police eqipment fund and returned the car that was given to him while pleading with the efcc to investigate, nice one emir!

Impressed or not, any other northerner will do exactly what he did because there is an "open" northern conspiracy against the south especially the west. Its going on right now.
The only sad thing there was that the tittle was transferred from a crook to a crook. If the ruler really meant well, why Bamaiyi of all persons? Whats the difference between OBJ and Bamaiyi? Why did he have to wait till after nine years to notice how bad OBJ was?
Sycophancy and hypocrisy at play again. Some millions will roll into his account soon.

As regards to his involvement in the police equipment fund, what was he suppose to do; stick his ground?
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Uche2nna(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

Story!!!!
Why was he given the title in the first place? I am in no way a fan of Obj but talk about kicking a man when he is down!!!

Bamayi is now thier son becos he is now free and naw he is a titled man. Was he not thier son when he was incacerated undecided
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by lucabrasi(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2008
nuzo:

Impressed or not, any other northerner will do exactly what he did because there is an "open" northern conspiracy against the south especially the west. Its going on right now.
The only sad thing there was that the tittle was transferred from a crook to a crook. If the ruler really meant well, why Bamaiyi of all persons? Whats the difference between OBJ and Bamaiyi? Why did he have to wait till after nine years to notice how bad OBJ was?
Sycophancy and hypocrisy at play again. Some millions will roll into his account soon.

As regards to his involvement in the police equipment fund, what was he suppose to do; stick his ground?

well i dont know about the conspiracy,and even though i believe they are both crooks but the diffrnce between obj is as long and diverse as the part they have both played in the last ten years in nigeria,need i say more, so you ll realli expect him to strip obj of the title while he was president and a rampaging bull in a china shop and then give it to bamaiyi that was still in prison??
and millions rolling from bamaiyi when he s just been released from prison,i dont think so.

Uche2nna:

Story!!!!
Why was he given the title in the first place? I am in no way a fan of Obj but talk about kicking a man when he is down!!!

Bamayi is now their son because he is now free and naw he is a titled man. Was he not their son when he was incacerated undecided

he was given the title because he was the president of nigeria,and nobody says no to president obj and who says obj is down?i have not seen a single oba withdraw their support for obj,the most they will do is keep quiet,even most of them including the so called elders were openly in support of obj against gbenga and alex akinyele said it on tv that even though it was a wrong thing to do if obj did but that its not a new thing
well,we dont know how much pressure and consultations that went on underground from them b4 he was released so nobody is in a position to say if they denied him then or not
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

well i don't know about the conspiracy,and even though i believe they are both crooks but the diffrnce between obj is as long and diverse as the part they have both played in the last ten years in nigeria,need i say more, so you ll realli expect him to strip obj of the title while he was president and a rampaging bull in a china shop and then give it to bamaiyi that was still in prison??
and millions rolling from bamaiyi when he s just been released from prison,i don't think so.

What is it you dont know about northern conspiracy on the south; the Leadership summit that openly critisized and envied the south and her hardwork or the Leadership newspapers that have continually dish out lies and divisive politics against the south?

What the emir did was simply what we call sycophancy and hypocrisy. I will be the last to be impressed by that move.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Uche2nna(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2008
nuzo:

What is it you don't know about northern conspiracy on the south; the Leadership summit that openly critisized and envied the south and her hardwork or the Leadership newspapers that have continually dish out lies and divisive politics against the south?

What the emir did was simply what we call sycophancy and hypocrisy. I will be the last to be impressed by that move.

Same here
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Uche2nna(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2008
lucabrasi:

well i don't know about the conspiracy,and even though i believe they are both crooks but the diffrnce between obj is as long and diverse as the part they have both played in the last ten years in nigeria,need i say more, so you ll realli expect him to strip obj of the title while he was president and a rampaging bull in a china shop and then give it to bamaiyi that was still in prison??
and millions rolling from bamaiyi when he s just been released from prison,i don't think so.

he was given the title because he was the president of nigeria,and nobody says no to president obj and who says obj is down?i have not seen a single oba withdraw their support for obj,the most they will do is keep quiet,even most of them including the so called elders were openly in support of obj against gbenga and alex akinyele said it on tv that even though it was a wrong thing to do if obj did but that its not a new thing
well,we don't know how much pressure and consultations that went on underground from them before he was released so nobody is in a position to say if they denied him then or not

Being the cowards that we all are in Nigeria , I would not expect him to do so. And that is why I am not impressed.
I thought titles were given on merit. Now what is so impressive about a a traditional ruler who confers a title to a crook while he is in power and strips it away from him when he no longer commands power.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by bawomolo(m): 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2008
it's possible obj didn't pay his annual tribute to the emir. the emir had to deal with the subject instantly grin
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by 4Him1(m): 12:02am On Apr 29, 2008
there is one common denominator between both men, they are both former prisoners.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by grafikdon: 12:06am On Apr 29, 2008
bawomolo:

it's possible obj didn't pay his annual tribute to the emir. the emir had to deal with the subject instantly grin

grin grin grin That's another way to look at the story. Guy man OBJ, pay up. grin

I am no fan of OBJ but if you are dumb enough to give him the title in the first place, be a man and accept your perpetual idiocy and let the title stick.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by lucabrasi(m): 12:08am On Apr 29, 2008
nuzo:

What is it you don't know about northern conspiracy on the south; the Leadership summit that openly critisized and envied the south and her hardwork or the Leadership newspapers that have continually dish out lies and divisive politics against the south?

wud you rather i lied that i know anything about it?im onli sayn i dont know about it,havind said that i think the yorubas have not helped matters by not being united which is as a result of not having a rallying point and a leader,every step of the way it has always been the yorubas that will sneak back and leak perfected plans to the north,before you say anythn about tribalist,im a full yoruba so onli stating the obvious, for leadership theres tribune as well which is a yoruba newspaper,theres the defender yoruba newspaper,theres the nation tinubus newspaper even the sun from kalu

im impressed with the emire not because i think bamaiyi is a saint but for having the courage to strip obj of the title and i repeat im impressed with that action, if you had to point out crooks then both the executive,legislative and even judiciary will all be stoned to death cause they are guilty.
Uche2nna:

Being the cowards that we all are in Nigeria , I would not expect him to do so. And that is why I am not impressed.
I thought titles were given on merit. Now what is so impressive about a a traditional ruler who confers a title to a crook while he is in power and strips it away from him when he no longer commands power.

hmmn so we r cowards,well then will you bell the cat?in the peculiar case of nigeria i still think the emire was courageous not because i think he is a saint as well but because at least he is better than his counterparts, ooni of ife who is supposed to be a first class oba is still causng divisions not only between the pdp and ac but is even supporting a faction of pdp against the other with thugs killing each other another oba is there not being courageous enough to stand up to adedibu and swallowed his threats, obj might be out of power but he is still very powerful in nigeria

bawomolo:

annual tribute when traditional rulers just form titles at the drop of a hat,i think the man did it intentionally and unless im wrong the man is loaded on his own and has a lot of loaded subjects northern trad rulers are corrupt but not as much as the south and eastern trad rulers
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by 4Him1(m): 12:11am On Apr 29, 2008
the emier is an example of what is wrong with Nigeria.
For starters it was Abdulsalam Abubakar and not Obasanjo who imprisoned Bamaiyi and brought charges against him.
What did the emir expect? That Obj would throw his jail open and let murderers, thieves and crooks go free?

When the emir was turbanning Obj, did he forget that Bamaiyi was still languishing in prison?
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

would you rather i lied that i know anything about it?im onli sayn i don't know about it,havind said that i think the yorubas have not helped matters by not being united which is as a result of not having a rallying point and a leader,every step of the way it has always been the yorubas that will sneak back and leak perfected plans to the north,before you say anythn about tribalist,im a full yoruba so onli stating the obvious, for leadership theres tribune as well which is a yoruba newspaper,theres the defender yoruba newspaper,theres the nation tinubus newspaper even the sun from kalu

im impressed with the emire not because i think bamaiyi is a saint but for having the courage to strip obj of the title and i repeat im impressed with that action, if you had to point out crooks then both the executive,legislative and even judiciary will all be stoned to death cause they are guilty.
hmmn so we r cowards,well then will you bell the cat?in the peculiar case of nigeria i still think the emire was courageous not because i think he is a saint as well but because at least he is better than his counterparts, ooni of ife who is supposed to be a first class oba is still causng divisions not only between the pdp and ac but is even supporting a faction of pdp against the other with thugs killing each other another oba is there not being courageous enough to stand up to adedibu and swallowed his threats, obj might be out of power but he is still very powerful in nigeria
annual tribute when traditional rulers just form titles at the drop of a hat,i think the man did it intentionally and unless im wrong the man is loaded on his own and has a lot of loaded subjects northern trad rulers are corrupt but not as much as the south and eastern trad rulers

Hope you are not trying to say that sun represents the views and interests of the Igbos?
It should have been clear to you by now that the paper represents Kalu's views and interest alone, especially when it had to hurt OBJ.

You first pointed out that OBJ was stripped of the title because he was the giulty one, so i had to remind you that Bamaiyi is no better.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by lucabrasi(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2008
nuzo:

Hope you are not trying to say that sun represents the views and interests of the Igbos?
It should have been clear to you by now that the paper represents Kalu's views and interest alone, especially when it had to hurt OBJ.

You first pointed out that OBJ was stripped of the title because he was the giulty one, so i had to remind you that Bamaiyi is no better.

well i think the sun is swaying towards being more anti government than anti obj specifically, and they are relatively fair on some high profile news contents as well, if i said obj was stripped of the title because he is the guilty one then im wrong because i believe they are all guilty, like i said its the courage and conviction to do something right even though he has done a lot wrong and is still doing a lot wrong as an emir that i admire and the fact that they are all corrupt does not erase that fact, compared to 99% of trad rulers in nigeria he is a choir boy
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Uche2nna(m): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2008
grafikdon:

grin grin grin That's another way to look at the story. Guy man OBJ, pay up. grin

I am no fan of OBJ but if you are dumb enough to give him the title in the first place, be a man and accept your perpetual idiocy and let the title stick.

cheesy

Dont mind all these fair weather traditional rulers grin

They are supposed to be the elders of the society and uphold the truth but no wayyyyyyyyy. They go ahead conferring titles on assholes.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by bawomolo(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2008

the man is loaded due to the annual salary he gets from the government and of course the tribute gifts his subjects give him. i guess nigeria is devoid of productive citizens that bamaiyi is the one deserving of the title.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by Eziachi: 12:31am On Apr 30, 2008
The emir is not courageous but but rather a coward. Why didn't he do it when OBJ was in power? That would have carried more weight and make more sense. Chinua Achebe rejected honours from OBJ when he was in power to make a point, it would had been pointless if he accepted it then and denouced it now.

Bamiyi was in the gallow when he awarded the title to OBJ, but then this is Nigeria, where the man on the throne is always right. The so called traditional rulers selling titles to whoever cares to buy one.

When people see this kind of thing every single day from people they are expecting to lead them to salvation, why they ignorantly still believed in Nigeria with a bright future, bugs me.
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by bigben3: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2008
that's Niger for you,sycophants,any government in power(agip).What does this emirate takes us for.
this is hypocracy and i weep for our so called rulers and country, bullsh.t embarassed
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by ono(m): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2008
4 Him:

there is one common denominator between both men, they are both former prisoners.

That's right! LOL!!
Re: Emir Strips Obasanjo Of Title by IDUNMOTA(m): 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2008
Egunje don spoil north

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Doctors Sack:NARD Goes On Sympathy Warning Strike. / I Will Catch Subsidy Thieves In One Week.- Ribadu / Two Unijos Students Shot Dead By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.