Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,789 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:43 AM

35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi (16015 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / 15 Governors Attended Amaechi’s NGF Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Ozonna(m): 1:09pm On May 27, 2013
Obulu na Okuko eriro eri, obosa abosa (If a Chicken doesn't eat, the chicken scatters). I believe that the Governor's Forum may not be united again, GEJ has succeeded in scattering the group of which every well meaning citizen of Nigeria should happy about cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by eagleeye2: 1:10pm On May 27, 2013
Lusola15:

Dis means we are been lead by men of Low self esteem and cowards dt can't stand der grounds wen push comes to shove. My God its finished
Before nko.
Amaechi stood his ground and you laptop dogs call him a traitor, and your oga boys at the aviation industry started harrassing him..... abeg no be today yansh dey back.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by dougivilla(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2013
tunapawizzy: [size=14pt]I duno why these Pro-jang idiots are displaying their stewpidity 4 d whole world to see, u voted in an election and because the outcome didnt favour u, u now come out to say d election shouldnt have held, the joke is on those 16 idioots posing as governors[/size]
you mean you actually believe a story without evidence from a politician? Who told you that there was an election? Just engage your brains a little and you will, like other sane minds come to a conclusion that the best way out of this game of deception is is to file out behind your candidate for the world to see! If you truely are upright and without skeletons in your cupboard.

These are simply 36 electoral fraudsters and gangsters that rigged to become governors in 36 states of Nigeria. They are now in a battle to choose the riggest rigger aka the governor of the governors! Believe a politician only to your peril!
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by GenOrumov: 1:15pm On May 27, 2013
Seunolugbala: Mr fayemi, y r u lying, u said 35 governors voted bt in ur word again u said yobe nd gombe governors r absent...36govs-2govs=34govs. Se u no do mathematics 4 pry skul. Though i pity u cos u r my state gov.
Olodo, despite reports that Ekiti State has the highest number or Professors or whatever, it doesn't seem that you're intelligent or you just blind. Fayemi truly confirmed those Governors were absent from voting but Dep. Governor of Gombe represented the Governor therefore still making it 35 Governors that voted. He then further said since they were absent from voting why were there names still on the so called signature register that Anti-Amaechi Governors were able to gather.

1 Like

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 27, 2013
Nigerian politics is so rotten and full of cowards! Why cant Governors with immunity from prosecution able to stand up to the Presidency and say in clear terms who they voted for at the elections?

How difficult is it for the 36 State Governors to phone into Channels TV tomorrow and confirm who they voted for?

Cowards pretending to be men.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by dsenator: 1:17pm On May 27, 2013
there is no need for amaechi to call for any meeting so as to know the number of governors that voted for him as few of the govs that endorsed jang decided to vote for amaechi against the directive from the villa.The young man amaechi was underrated but i think as far as goodluck is concerned power has finally changed hands
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by GenOrumov: 1:19pm On May 27, 2013
seunmsg: Go and read Fayemi's statement very well and stop looking for contradiction were non exist. 35 governors voted during the election. The governor of Gombe state was represented by his deputy. The gov. Of yobe did not attend and also did not send in a representative.
The list been brandished by the pro-Jang group contains the names of these 2 govs dat were absent and dey claim the list was signed after the election. So, how did an absent Yobe state gov signed that list and how come its the gov of Gombe and not the deputy that represented him that signed?
I was about correcting those that don't have full information about what happened or know what happened but because the outcome of the election didn't favour them, they have now chosen to write like people that are not intelligent before I saw your post. You just saved me some unnecessary taps on my keyboard.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by max1113(m): 1:27pm On May 27, 2013
nkem Kalu: MY FRIEND.....ELECTION HAS BEEN WON AND LOST. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS CHEAP PUBLICITY THE PRESIDENCY AND SO CALLED LOOSERS ARE TRYING TO PORTRAY TO THE PUBLIC. AMAECHI IS THE AUTHENTIC CHAIR OF THE NGF. JANG AND CO SHOULD SIMPLY FIND A FACE SAVING MEASURE TO BACK DOWN AND STOP ALL THESE NOISE MAKING. AKPABIO AND CO ARE BAD LOOSERS AND GOV. FAYEMI HAS SUMMARISED THE WHOLE ISSUE. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
It unfortunate nt 2 hv bold $ reliable leaders in nigeria. The whole issue will be solve if ameachi call 4NGF, and letz see how many of de gnors be in attendance . Man datz not proud of what he believe does nt worth existing talk of leading people. So the gvnoz should support openly.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by tomakint: 1:29pm On May 27, 2013
wola44: If Gov. Jang don't accept the election, he should go to court !
You are still in one looonnnnnngggggg sllleeeeeeeeppppppp, when the time is ripe, I will personally wake you up! Damn it, you are too slow!
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Symphony007: 1:36pm On May 27, 2013
karl max: jang whetin 24 hours called for NGF meeting 18 out of the 35 governors presented him to the media as their chairman.fayemi and amechi should do same let us see the so called people that voted for amechi or are they not going to fight for what they believe in instead of writing epistle on the pages of new paper they should call for their own meeting and address the media just like the matured jang did and let the likes of fayemi and those that voted amechi present him to the media instead of them releasing statement.the 18 governors that stood behind jang has made it clear that jang is their leader the ball is now on amechi and his follower court is that to hard to do bunch of cry babies.more over its the 4 day after the election were still expecting their so call video of the election.
jang did'nt call any meeting or press conference because he is matured but because they are desperate to present a united front despite their shambolic failure, that's why after the election, when sensible governours return to their state to carry out their primary duties, akpabio's group was busy attending meetings and briefing every goat and sheep in abuja.

If truely akpabio belives that the election was rigged. He should have demanded a rerun or recount. The most stupid thing is, his own man uduagan was among the counters why has'nt he come out to tell us what fraud went on? Rather they abandon the whole process cause it was'nt going their way and put together that shambolic list and wave it as a counter to an election which even their own returning officer could not explain the fraud in. Raw idiocy!
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Symphony007: 1:39pm On May 27, 2013
When asked if his group will accept participating in another, more open election with independent officials. Akpabio said no! "we already have our chairman, and it's jonah jang. End of discussion"...i wonder why he is so scared of another election.:/:/
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by kamalahmed(m): 2:09pm On May 27, 2013
You people just talk anyhow!!!

1. Do you people think Gov Jang (jonathan candidate can win Nigeria Governor Forum Election?) where are in supporters? the presidency?

2. Do you think all the 18th governor that assure Jonathan of voting his candisdate (Jona Jong) actually vote for him? u remeber the voting was secret ballot, the jonathan boys demanded for secret ballot so that, jonathan will not be able to marked them as betrayal?

3. the election was done at gallery of every body, including observers and the media, the vote was counted and announced at present of everybody?

4. the governor that were absent sent in, their deputy governors. pls noted that. only Gov Geidam did not sent him deputy governor. pls pick todays paper for the comprehensive result?

5. after the result was announced and Amaechi decalred winners, some (presidency) puppet elements led by Gov Akpabio go to Akwa ibow lodge to organised media talk to declared Gov Jang that could not maintain peace in Jos as winner? thief president boy.

6. why do pro-amaechi need to organised media tour? when the result have been annouced at the secretariat of the Governor forum by the DG of the Forum before the media and international oberservs. then, which inauguration are some of u asking for again?

pls and pls, jonathan is a failure, looking for cheap way to clarm down on the progressive governors? pls tel jonathan, to play decent politics, and allow everybody to contest for 2015 presidential election and messing up himself up and down
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by pekun2013: 2:35pm On May 27, 2013
These guys should go and work. We too like power in this africa, should there be any irregularity in this kind of election wey be say u wan elect class captain? The country is having serious issues of concern, these guys should go back to their state and perform! Abi wetin.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by yfirstson(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2013
Seunolugbala: Mr fayemi, y r u lying, u said 35 governors voted bt in ur word again u said yobe nd gombe governors r absent...36govs-2govs=34govs. Se u no do mathematics 4 pry skul. Though i pity u cos u r my state gov.

No, I think Fayemi has an IQ that is too sophisticated for you to understand. If these two governors were absent, were you told their two deputies were absent too? Were you told no deputy governor voted? Where did you crawl out from!

1 Like

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by DanIlon(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
Jang is a war crime,I am northern pls am perfect let rotimi ameachi stay as NGF chairman all virus is from GEJ.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Gamji007: 4:13pm On May 27, 2013
Justosaus:
But den wait o, if 2 governors were absent ( Yobe & Gombe) how come 35 governors voted for Amaechi? Thought we had only 36 governors in d country?

Gombe state governor was represented by his deputy, but the signature on the list showed that of Gombe state governor. Shine your eyes joor!

Do you think Fayemi is as clueless as GEJ and his knights?

1 Like

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Ify2excel: 4:49pm On May 27, 2013
thelastpope10:

Who is the looser? The man with 19 governors lined up behind him or the man who cannot call for a meeting? Please buy a dictionary or use dicitonary.com. You are not making sense

u r such a piti.able specimen. Amechi shd cal 4 meeting just because jang and his gang ursurped powers? As d new NGF chairman, Amechi would call 4 meetings when necessary. Not because jang and his goons r calling 4 meetings
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by odogwuiyke: 4:57pm On May 27, 2013
All I know is that Gov. Rotimi Ameachi is still NGF. You can,t take away from him and his crew. That is people that knows how to run stills well in Nigeria that is development in Nigeria, take it or leave it.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by ekolina(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2013
Mohammedekete: Well said.you want them to enter ...like Amaechi
the whole election is a fraud, hw can Ameachi got 19 votes n jang 16 wen 2 govs were absent.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by lee007(m): 5:22pm On May 27, 2013
An Ekiti-Man will always speak his mind and the truth even if his brother is Jonathan, it is crystal clear that Jonathan has suddenly realized there is power in government contrary to his position when Turai was the acting president, PDP has always been the party of opportunist and desperadoes Jonathan is not any different, any sane person following his leadership and thought process should really worry for Nigeria in the coming 2015 elections.

Not a Fan of any PDP member including Amechi, however it is very clear that than Man has more Balls than the president, i don't know why the Niger-Delta people will not want to replace Jonathan with someone more decisive and has a personality that is presentable.

Jonathan! Amechi won fair and square deal the f**king well with it!

1 Like

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by fisayobolusere: 5:59pm On May 27, 2013
karl max: jang whetin 24 hours called for NGF meeting 18 out of the 35 governors presented him to the media as their chairman.fayemi and amechi should do same let us see the so called people that voted for amechi or are they not going to fight for what they believe in instead of writing epistle on the pages of new paper they should call for their own meeting and address the media just like the matured jang did and let the likes of fayemi and those that voted amechi present him to the media instead of them releasing statement.the 18 governors that stood behind jang has made it clear that jang is their leader the ball is now on amechi and his follower court is that to hard to do bunch of cry babies.more over its the 4 day after the election were still expecting their so call video of the election.

Guys, I was expecting you to have given this a more in-depth thought. What you are seeing playing out is that 2 or 3 of the governors has been bought over. It is power that be that is working. they have been able to intimidate some govs to change their mind. U know they all same baseline...Corruption, so it's easy to remind them of some past dirty deals and harras them to support the Presidents's candidate....anyway, thas my thinking....so it will not work if u want them to line up.....but to me, i will rather believe Fayemi's side of the story, it's very much logical rather than the story from the other party...why did they have to travel to Rivers if they did not believe in the electorial process and even when they got their, were they forced to vote? Someone betrayed them, their plan to remove Ameachi was concluded but because it is not open ballot, they were betrayed and thas why they quickly moved into action to re-arrange....
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by damoobaba: 6:01pm On May 27, 2013
NGF(Nigeria's Gathering of Fools).Imagine 35 fools leading 35 out of the 36 states we have in Nigeria.Nigeria is in trouble.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by lagcity(m): 6:08pm On May 27, 2013
AnanseK:

i thought skeletons are kept IN the cupboard and not UNDER the cupboard. Don't mind me, I am learning. grin

what if the cupboard is full? under the cupboard na grin
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 27, 2013
A question of perspectives?

Why are there so many different accounts of the same event?

Fayemi lied, I was not returning officer for NGF election – Uduaghan

The Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, has faulted the position of the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, that he (Uduaghan) was the Returning Officer during the now controversial Nigeria Governors’ Forum election.

Uduaghan said contrary to Fayemi’s claim in a statement issued on Sunday, it was the Director General of the NGF, Asishana Bayo Okauru, who was the Returning Officer.

He told The Eagle Online in a telephone interview: “I wouldn’t know why Governor Fayemi will come out publicly to say what is not true.”

Uduaghan said what he offered to do was to be the agent of the two candidates for the election – Governors Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State and Jonah Jang of Plateau State.

He added: “This was after a demand was made for four persons to serve as agents of the two candidates and no one offered to do so.

“So I offered myself as the agent of both candidates.

“I was not the Returning Officer for the election as claimed by Fayemi but acted as agents of both candidates for the election.”

Asked if he had contacted Fayemi on the issue, Uduaghan said: “I have been calling his mobile telephone but he has not picked.”

Source
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by hassey(m): 7:01pm On May 27, 2013
charman remember it was a secrete ballot vote which signify dat d name of dos dat voted will not bin open, and ds will giv so many of dem d courage and freedom to vote for d person of dere choice. Some among d 18 gov dat inaugurated jang ar jst dere cus of d fear of d president. Am also sure u knw some of dos gov ar like females wo get change cus of d fears of unknown. But right inside dem dere not happy but jst have to follow suite because of d fear
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by kinguwem: 7:39pm On May 27, 2013
nkem Kalu: MY FRIEND.....ELECTION HAS BEEN WON AND LOST. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS CHEAP PUBLICITY THE PRESIDENCY AND SO CALLED LOOSERS ARE TRYING TO PORTRAY TO THE PUBLIC. AMAECHI IS THE AUTHENTIC CHAIR OF THE NGF. JANG AND CO SHOULD SIMPLY FIND A FACE SAVING MEASURE TO BACK DOWN AND STOP ALL THESE NOISE MAKING. AKPABIO AND CO ARE BAD LOOSERS AND GOV. FAYEMI HAS SUMMARISED THE WHOLE ISSUE. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Amaechi is a factional leader of NGF. 18 governors are with Jang. Let Amaechi produce the 19 governors that voted for him so that doubting thomases will be convinced. If he still insists on being the chairman, then that is the end of a united NGF.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by patostation(m): 8:17pm On May 27, 2013
Goddex: Fayemi claims Uduaghan was the returning officer. In an election, it is the returning officer that collates and announce results. Why then was the DG Governors Forum made to announce the results instead of Uduaghan?

Fayemi is obviously lying. That election was inconclusive. I gathered reliably that disagreements started midway into the elections when Amaechi refused to step down and also accept Jang as concensus candidate. Besides, he was still exercising his powers as chairman and overruling suggestions from the pro Jang group. This got the Pro Jang governors pissed-off and they abandoned the meeting and left Rivers state lodge venue of the meeting for Akwa Ibom lodge. The remaining 16 pro Amaechi governors seized that opportunity to pressure the DG Governors Forum to announce a concocted result.

Are you telling cock and bull story or are saying what really happened? Presumption and assumption cannot equate the truth so go and sit down.
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by Wazobia9ja: 9:06pm On May 27, 2013
Gombe state was reptd by d dep gov
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by FolaAribilola: 9:38pm On May 27, 2013
. you are one of those dummy pro Jang, Gov. Ameachi need not to go to media because evidence of d election is intact n at appropriate time d public will know d truth and pple like u will bury ur face in shame.

1 Like

Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by jay2k(m): 6:00am On May 28, 2013
Lusola15:

Well said. Its simple line up behinde who u voted for. If gov amechi won u should have 19 gov behinde him
so ?? If dey dont come it means he neva won ??..sorry let me as dis question...do u grow in ur bodysize as well along with ur brain or do u in inverse proportionality...so an election dat involved our so called leaders is wat we r talkin about as go hea if u r hea after an offficial result has been released....is it not obvious dat nigeria can neva go anywea not now not eva wen pepl lik u r still alife
Re: 35 Governors Voted During NGF Election – Fayemi by jay2k(m): 6:03am On May 28, 2013
homesteady:

Seconded!! Very well said!! Things like thiS are very easy to sought out!! Let amechi supporters show up like how Jang supporters showed up!!

na so ur brain small reach ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Okorocha To Build School For Adamawa IDPs / Dele Okeya Joins APC With 5,000 PDP Members In Ekiti / Xenophobic Attacks: 640 Nigerians Register To Return Home – Dabiri-erewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.