Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG (7887 Views)

Senate Summons SSS DG Over Undue Interference In Rivers Election Tribunals / Photo Of New Sss Dg Resuming At Yellow House Sss Hq / I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by kufreabasi(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2013
This maaaan, forgive whoooooo? this man is crazy.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by ninja4life(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2013
Na thunder go fire dat fools mouth.wat do u mean by handing them over to god who is powerless to stop boko haram,god who cant eliminate evil from dis world,god dat cannot purnish people like obj,ibb,danjuma and i for all dis numerous problems caused so wtf can dat god do i dare him to kill those ombatse killers just like he is killing boko haram.when will our mentality change in dis countyr so when those people grow wings like boko haram dats when dey will start declaring state of emergency when dey should hav nipped dem in d bud while dey are in their early stage.rubbish god kor satan ni
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by born2fuckpussy: 9:48am On May 27, 2013
Omen100: Wonders shall never end. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wonders wey don end before you were born in nigeria, everything na repeated version
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Oahray: 9:50am On May 27, 2013
Seriously? Smh. To think I've been itching to see how the govt and NPF would react. Was half expecting soldiers to storm the place and teach em manners.

Someone steals a governor's phone and is sentenced to 45 years. Now several policemen are murdered like chickens and the killers have been forgiven.

How much is a policeman's life worth in Naija? The N2milion given to the widows or a value less than Aregbesola's N50,000 phone? On second thought, maybe its a ruse, before they hit back hard. But if this is for real, Nigeria is a fuccking dry joke!
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 10:00am On May 27, 2013
They just realized that those people aint humans
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by funnyx(m): 10:02am On May 27, 2013
Frank-C:
This is not for nairaland kids hidden away somewhere in Ogbomoso or Kaura-namoda who only hear of SSS or see them with what looks like toy guns, but I must say that anybody who have ever had a brush with those boys knows that any operative must be able to do one thing- never forgive. If fact, when SSS guy, especially those with innocent faces smile at you after an encounter, watch out for a big hit.

It is not that SSS does not want to forgive the men that killed their brothers, they are actually incapable of forgiving them. In fact, 50 years from today, they are still avenging their loss. That is SSS for you.

So in your mind Ogbomoso is a jungle inhabited by neanderthals? Why can't you make your point without being controversial?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by mediainspired: 10:05am On May 27, 2013
I dont care if d guvnor or the security forces are at fault. I dont care if Ombaste & their monster of a chief are innocent. I don't really care anybody's account of wat happened or why dis case is stil bein discussed. WHAT I CARE ABOUT IS WHY IS DAT VILLAGE STIL EXISTING ON THE WORLD MAP? WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN REDUCED TO A HEAP OF RUBBLE AND TURNED TO A MUSEUM OR LEISURE PARK? WHY ARE THEY PLAYING POLITICS WIT D LIVES OF MEN WHO MET THEIR TRAGIC END WHILE ON NATIONAL DUTY? This is a big slap on my face, even as a private citizen (I can't imagine commanding a troop or police unit right now and stil stomach all this putrid mess am reading everyday on dis case, not to talk of being d president o). If am an army or police officer and have soldiers/mopols under me, I WULD HAVE DISOBEYED ORDERS FROM THE TOP AND WIPED OFF THAT LAND WITOUT FURTHER NOTICE! U NEED TO STRIKE FEAR IN THESE KINDS OF ANIMALISTIC GROUPS (Ombaste, Maitasine, Boko Haram) and create strong deterrence! If u dont avenge d death of these men, how wil u encourage young nigerians to join d force and die for their fatherland?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Dewze(m): 10:13am On May 27, 2013
Politics! I repeat, politics is the only thing preventing the authorities from acting on this case for now. It has nothing to do with fear. Those boys in the force are very willing to go face those guys any time if given the go, but there is more hidden in the background of it all tht the ever ignorant masses do not know abt.
President Good Luck Jonathan knows this. The National Assembly knows this. The police and SSS authorities know this. Evry body tht matters up there know this. Except the bunch of you (the masses) here tht react only on snippets tht come thru ur blackberries.

Wake up Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by MajHeadache: 10:15am On May 27, 2013
Another way to say that another raid on Ombatse is ruled out due to their diabolical strength.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 10:21am On May 27, 2013
Nasarawa Killings: SSS Vows to Fight on

27 May 2013
Font Size: a / A

Police Headquarters

By Yemi Akinsuyi 

The Director General of the State Security Services (SSS), Mr. Ekpeyong Ita, has vowed that despite the gruesome killings of 10 of his operatives by Ombatse cult group in Eggon, Nasarawa State, the service will not be the first to fly the white flag.

About 100 security operatives including 10 SSS were on May 7, killed in Nasarawa State when they allegedly went to effect the arrest of the leader of a notorious Ombatse cult group accused of forcefully initiating Muslims and Christians into their group.

Ita, who said this at a candle light service held in honour of the 10 SSS operatives killed during the attack, insisted that the service would not deter in fighting any form of crime and criminality in the country.

“We will remain resolute, determined and focused. Therefore for the sake of our colleagues and the survival of our country, we will never raise the white flag. Those who do not wish this country well will be made to face the music. To those who could only kill the body, note that you have made your community an ignoble sepulcher of innocent law enforcement agents and that even though our spirits are cast in iron yet we will not deter in fighting on,” he said.

The SSS DG recalled the incident leading to the onslaught, as he noted that the security operatives embarked on the deadly mission to avert what could become the emergence of another case of Boko Haram or Maitasine.

“I want to recall that exactly 17 days today some 10 dedicated and highly committed officers and men of this family were sent in an operation. The operation was aimed at fulfilling our sacred mandate, that is, the protection and preservation of our nation which is our collective patrimony. They went to keep the peace and douse the tension generated in the state by the activities of an unscrupulous group of primitive people.

“This group had on April 20 at Arugba Isa village in Lafia North, forcefully initiated some members of Izala Muslims. Also, on April 28 some Christians in Gidan Gambo village were forcefully initiated. Similarly on May 2, at Kayarda village an attempt by some of the group members to initiate some Muslims almost led to a violent confrontation. It was in an attempt to arrest the situation from further deteriorating that law enforcement agents were sent.

From experience, this was the same manner Maitasine and the Boko Haram terrorists started,”, he stated.

In an emotion laden voice, the SSS boss lamented the death of the operatives and promised that they will never die in vain.
“We have waited in vain for your return and accordingly, we have come

Tags: Nigeria, Featured, News, polic

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nasarawa-killings-sss-vows-to-fight-on/148609/
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 10:22am On May 27, 2013
Nasarawa Killings: SSS Vows to Fight on

27 May 2013

Police Headquarters

By Yemi Akinsuyi 

The Director General of the State Security Services (SSS), Mr. Ekpeyong Ita, has vowed that despite the gruesome killings of 10 of his operatives by Ombatse cult group in Eggon, Nasarawa State, the service will not be the first to fly the white flag.

About 100 security operatives including 10 SSS were on May 7, killed in Nasarawa State when they allegedly went to effect the arrest of the leader of a notorious Ombatse cult group accused of forcefully initiating Muslims and Christians into their group.

Ita, who said this at a candle light service held in honour of the 10 SSS operatives killed during the attack, insisted that the service would not deter in fighting any form of crime and criminality in the country.

“We will remain resolute, determined and focused. Therefore for the sake of our colleagues and the survival of our country, we will never raise the white flag. Those who do not wish this country well will be made to face the music. To those who could only kill the body, note that you have made your community an ignoble sepulcher of innocent law enforcement agents and that even though our spirits are cast in iron yet we will not deter in fighting on,” he said.

The SSS DG recalled the incident leading to the onslaught, as he noted that the security operatives embarked on the deadly mission to avert what could become the emergence of another case of Boko Haram or Maitasine.

“I want to recall that exactly 17 days today some 10 dedicated and highly committed officers and men of this family were sent in an operation. The operation was aimed at fulfilling our sacred mandate, that is, the protection and preservation of our nation which is our collective patrimony. They went to keep the peace and douse the tension generated in the state by the activities of an unscrupulous group of primitive people.

“This group had on April 20 at Arugba Isa village in Lafia North, forcefully initiated some members of Izala Muslims. Also, on April 28 some Christians in Gidan Gambo village were forcefully initiated. Similarly on May 2, at Kayarda village an attempt by some of the group members to initiate some Muslims almost led to a violent confrontation. It was in an attempt to arrest the situation from further deteriorating that law enforcement agents were sent.

From experience, this was the same manner Maitasine and the Boko Haram terrorists started,”, he stated.

In an emotion laden voice, the SSS boss lamented the death of the operatives and promised that they will never die in vain.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nasarawa-killings-sss-vows-to-fight-on/148609/
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 10:23am On May 27, 2013
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by na2day(m): 10:25am On May 27, 2013
What a pity?
I never knew fear dey catch these people like these! angry
The country has really gone to the dogs and the present president, no matter how you guys spin this, is the worst!

I was thinking the state was among those that SOE was declared, but I was wrong!

What is the president waiting for?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by silica(m): 10:36am On May 27, 2013
AdoZazzau: I cannot believe what im reading here. A national intelligence gathering agency backs off from confrontation with an ordinary village cult.

There is no country left in Nigeria. Everyone is just hanging on to chop chop oil money. No one is any longer interested in fighting to uphold the integrity of nationhood.
Only a fool talks without thinking. you actually expect him to come on air and say we will kill them, we will hunt them down and blah blah blah blah? intelligent men don't say what we expect them to say, they send smoke screen and by the time it clears out, the dee have been done. the fate of Anini Shina Rambo, Okija shrine and Ogologo of Imo will also befall these wicked fools.

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by strangest(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2013
What the sss guy is trying to do is an act of war... Let them believe that they have been forgiven and then later take them unawares...

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by sage2(m): 10:44am On May 27, 2013
Ombatse jazz at work. A rational Intelligence Agency will find the killers and bring them to justice. The state is not a religious organization that forgives. Even when the state decides to pardon them, it must first fish them out and establish a case against them.

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by lacasa: 10:56am On May 27, 2013
Lwkm.... Before nko, Ombatse no be MassoB or OPC now! grin

:forgiving Ombatse is the beginning of life gringringrin
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by sammmiey1: 11:07am On May 27, 2013
lacasa: Lwkm.... Before nko, Ombatse no be MassoB or OPC now! grin

aby oh,life in abundance....Nigeria ti rogo

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Nobody: 11:08am On May 27, 2013
[b]This is absolutely nonsense! Can a king abdicate his throne because the chief priest has threatening him with death? The statement of the SSS DG has just proven that they are no longer in control and now behaving like a king that has been threatened by a chief priest. Smh! If they are not capable of ensuring the supremacy of power on the state by ensuring no one is above the law, they should simply cease to be called State Security Service and lets allow Omabatse group to do their job, probably name them Ombatse Security Services.
Impunity everywhere and our security services keep on mocking us as a nation with their inactions and nonchalant attitude. That is how Buhari said if he did not win election baboon and dog will bath in blood, and then, there was post election violence that killed many innocent lives were in their prime. Atiku said he will make the country ungovernable if elections didn't turn out the way he wanted, and indeed, we have insecurity everywhere. Asari Dokubo also took same line of impunity the other day stating he will cause insecurity if Jonathan is not re-elected in 2015. What sort of thing is happening in this country?! Impunity here and there and nobody is doing anything about it. These people still walk freely on our streets yet, we claim to have a government and security operatives angry Why won't the Ombatse group not have such bravery? Why won't the sponsors of the Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram do what they are doing? angry[/b]
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Kx: 11:09am On May 27, 2013
Why dont let's close the prisons and lock up the courts since, pardon, amnesty and police forgiveness are the order of the day?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Yujin(m): 11:10am On May 27, 2013
Henry120: Nasarawa Killings: SSS Vows to Fight on

27 May 2013

Police Headquarters

By Yemi Akinsuyi 

Mr Ekpeyong Ita should better channel his energy in investigating Al Makura ammd his Fulani merceneries.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by favouredseed(f): 11:16am On May 27, 2013
Drama abi na movie sef
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by bigiyaro(m): 11:23am On May 27, 2013
Mr DG you don't have any right to forgive or not to forgive. Just do your job by bringing those murderous monkeys to book.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by batstan(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2013
lacasa: Lwkm.... Before nko, Ombatse no be MassoB or OPC now! grin

grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by gbadexy(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2013
boron10:
You mean he has done well to retreat? These are supposed to be trained armed men. Are you telling me that the six months or more training they underwent after they were recruited was just to learn how to shoot at the civilians?
I'm not saying its right for them to retreat. What I'm saying is that they don't have options for now!
Even if they undergo six years training and their guns aren't effective against them then they may as well be confronting people armed with machete with bare hands.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Vansnickers: 11:54am On May 27, 2013
I'm still shocked about this whole issue. How do security operatives get massacred by machete wielding men?! Abi na Spartans dem fight?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Policewoman(f): 11:54am On May 27, 2013
King Solomon I: The director-general of the Department of State Services, Mr Ita Ekpeyong, during the weekend announced that the Service had forgiven the killers of some police and SSS operatives in Eggon, Nassarawa State.

Over 70 security officials including 10 SSS operatives and police personnel were killed in Eggon community in Nasarawa State when they were going to arrest the leader of a notorious Ombatse cult group accused of forcefully initiating Muslims and Christians into the group.

Ekpeyong made the announcement during a candlelight service held in honour of the 10 SSS operatives killed during the attack. He said that the killers had been handed over to the almighty God for vengeance.

In a swift reaction during the event, the pioneer director-general of the Nigeria Security Organisation NSO, Gen. Abdullahi Mohammed, told the large crowd comprising members of the SSS family, family members of the deceased and well-wishers that the past DGs of the SSS had not forgiven the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

The SSS DG who in his speech during the occasion recalled the incident leading to the onslaught noted that the security operatives embarked on the deadly mission to avert what could become the emergence of another case of Boko Haram or Maitasine.

He said: “I want to recall that exactly 17 days today some 10 dedicated and highly committed officers and men of this family were sent in an operation. The operation was aimed at fulfilling our sacred mandate, that is, the protection and preservation of our nation which is our collective patrimony. They went to keep the peace and douse the tension generated in the state by the activities of an unscrupulous group of primitive people.

“This group had on 20th April ,2013, at Arugba Isa village in Lafia North forcefully initiated some members of Izala Muslims. Also, on 28th April some Christians in Gidan Gambo village were forcefully initiated. Similarly on 2nd May 2013, at Kayarda village, an attempt by some of the group members to initiate some Muslims almost led to a violent confrontation. It was in an attempt to arrest the situation from further deteriorating that law enforcement agents were sent because, from experience, this was the same manner that the Maitasine and the Boko Haram terrorists started.

“We have waited in vain for your return and, accordingly, we have come to terms with the painful reality that you have paid the supreme price so that Nigerians can live in peace and be united. But I want to promise you that you will never die in vain because when you live in the hearts of those you love is not to die. You will never die because your death has emboldened us, inspired and united us. It has motivated and strengthened us.

“We will remain resolute determined and focused. Therefore, for the sake of our colleagues and the survival of our country, we will never raise the white flag. Those who do not wish this country well will. To those who could only kill the body, note that you have made your community an ignoble sepulcher of innocent law enforcement agents and that even though our spirits and will are cast in iron yet we have forgiven you. We have obediently handed all of you over to the almighty God since he taught us that ‘vengeance is mine’.”

The former NSO DG in is reaction pointed out that it was the first time a tragedy of such magnitude was befalling the force and called on Nigerians to rally round the services to secure the nation. He said: “We the past DGs share this sorrow with you. Since the inception of the service I don’t think we have had a tragedy such as this. This is very, very touching and we share your sorrow. I was looking at the TV yesterday and I was looking at a man who led to the death of these gallant men saying that his gods killed the operatives. I wonder why that man is still free and talking. I wonder. I can’t understand it.

“We have heard about some moles in the police, we have heard about some moles in the military but we have never heard about a mole in the service. This is our pride. Some people said they have forgiven the killers of these young men; we have not forgiven them.”

President Goodluck Jonathan, who was represented by his chief of staff Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, said he was grieved by the sad news of the death of the operatives and assured that the government was determined to ensure that this wave of criminality was stamped out of the country.
http://leadership.ng/news/270513/we-have-forgiven-killers-our-operatives-sss-dg
OK.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Policewoman(f): 11:59am On May 27, 2013
They have succumbed to superior forces.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by tpia5: 12:04pm On May 27, 2013
Did he really say that?

What does he mean?
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by Itohen: 12:13pm On May 27, 2013
Oahray: Seriously? Smh. To think I've been itching to see how the govt and NPF would react. Was half expecting soldiers to storm the place and teach em manners.

Someone steals a governor's phone and is sentenced to 45 years. Now several policemen are murdered like chickens and the killers have been forgiven.

How much is a policeman's life worth in Naija? The N2milion given to the widows or a value less than Aregbesola's N50,000 phone? On second thought, maybe its a ruse, before they hit back hard. But if this is for real, Nigeria is a fuccking dry joke!

Clearly understood your viewpoint, however, we are in a democracy, rule of law must be upheld and you cant just go for onslaught because of human rights and the international community, so i quite understand the DGSSS position. It's just that our human rights and civil society groups are also not fair because if the reverse were to be the case, you ve have witnessed serious condemnation against the security agencies.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by tabontabon: 12:14pm On May 27, 2013
take his words with a pinch of salt. The ombatse group may experience selective and lone killing of their arrow heads in months to come.
Re: We Have Forgiven Killers Of Our Operatives - SSS DG by AnanseK(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2013
Is this a state pardon? The type given to Alamieyesigha?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Arrests Generals,senior Officers For Letting Boko Haram Take Baga / Osinbajo: It’s Time For Executive, Legislature To Focus On Welfare Of Nigerians / Abubakar Badaru: N1.57 Trillion Budget Not Enough To Fight Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.