Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash (10391 Views)

See What Ijaw Militants Did To A Soldier In A Communal Clash In Niger Delta(pics / Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office / 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Euroclydon(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2013
LAGOS — Six persons were, weekend, killed and scores injured in a communal clash involving Ajah, Olumegbon and Ilaje boys along the Lekki-Epe-expressway, Lagos.

This came as 20 persons have been arrested in connection with the murder of a mobile policeman, last week, in Ikorodu area.

Although there were different accounts as to how the six persons whose identities were yet to be ascertained, yesterday, were sent to their early graves, report said the fight broke out, Saturday, on a football pitch following a lingering supremacy tussle between Olumegbon and Ajah boys.

Another version of the account had it that some Olumegbon boys were on their way to a peace-keeping meeting over the lingering supremacy battle at the Ajah motor park, only to be allegedly ambushed by Ajah boys, who killed some of them in the process.

Eye witnesses said Ilaje boys were not in the picture when trouble broke out but they reportedly got involved when fleeing Ajah boys attempted to escape through their terrain. They (Ilaje boys) reportedly refrained, apparently to avoid being entangled in the fight. But in the process, another round of fight reportedly started, leaving two persons dead.

Two corpses of the Olumegbon boys were reportedly taken to their traditional head’s palace where the youths mourned the loss, with each faction spoiling for reprisal attack.

Report said dangerous weapons such as broken bottles, axes, knives and locally made guns were used during the fight.

It, however, took the combined efforts of conventional and Mobile policemen drafted from the Area J Command, Ajah, to quell the fracas.

As at yesterday, residents of the area were still in fear of a possible reprisal, but Vanguard gathered that military personnel and policemen were keeping surveillance in the area.

Contacted, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident, saying some persons had been arrested in connection with the crisis and that security had been also beefed up in the area.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/six-killed-in-lagos-communal-clash/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Jakumo(m): 6:39am On May 27, 2013
Since all the perpetrators of these murders probably watch satellite television that airs FOREIGN programs, perhaps we can now hastily classify all the killers as foreigners, and not Nigerians, who we all know as GOD-FEARING people that would never shed blood, even if it is that of a mosquito.

3 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Jakumo(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2013
Nigerians would never kill people in this way. I suggest that we label these killers as British subjects, since they all probably watch British programs on satellite TV, in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Nobody: 6:48am On May 27, 2013
Jakumo: Nigerians would never kill people in this way. I suggest that we label these killers as British subjects, since they all probably watch British programs on satellite TV, in Lagos.

You are beginning to sound more like an agent of defamation. Your analogy is totally flawed and reeks of revenge statement in an argument you feel like or truly lost.

This kind of behaviour to me is only common in people who will never let go their past and have no forgiving heart. People with that kind of character often end up blaming everyone who doesn't agree with them. That's one characteristic of a psychopath.

Sorry dude, you went way over the top and you couldn't hide your vengeful and hateful guts in the process..

One piece of advice, try to let go your past, your future is waiting for you.

10 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Jakumo(m): 6:57am On May 27, 2013
Please elaborate a bit, Mr, Ganja. One of my hobbies is losing arguments, so could you kindly remind me of which particular argument you have in mind here? Enquiring minds want to know.

Also I INSIST on labelling those Lagos killers as British subjects, since they all must have watched BBC news on satellite TV at some point in their lives, before they went out on that killing rampage. Exposure to foreign TV programs qualifies those murderers as honorary British or American citizens, as I am sure you will agree.

Finally, my long-term memory has been obliterated by a lifetime of drinking Sapele Wata and ingesting GANJA like you, which means of course that I cannot be trapped in a past which I frankly do not recall.

2 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by gothrones(m): 7:06am On May 27, 2013
This is a lie! Nigerians are peaceful and God-fearing people. They will never do such a thing. This kind of thing only happens in Oyinboland. I reject this bad news in the name of Jesus Christ. My brothers and sisters, let us fast for forty days and forty nights so that our Lord will frustrate the works of the Devil against us.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Jakumo(m): 7:07am On May 27, 2013
ha ha ha ha Thank you JEEEEEEEESUS !!
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by joeyfire(m): 7:38am On May 27, 2013
This fight is an example of what happens when politicians interfere with traditional leadership structures.

Olumegbon is a rich retired political thug trying to usurp the powers of the baale of ajah. A man who can't even trace his ancestry to ajah but has crowned himself king of ajah with Tinubu's backing

2 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by joeyfire(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2013
The violence on saturday was as a result of the death of two baale boys killed by Olumegbon thugs. Also the death toll as at last night was nine.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Enegod(m): 8:07am On May 27, 2013
terror attack in Lagos
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by aurenflani: 8:49am On May 27, 2013
Jakumo: Please elaborate a bit, Mr, Ganja. One of my hobbies is losing arguments, so could you kindly remind me of which particular argument you have in mind here? Enquiring minds want to know.

Also I INSIST on labelling those Lagos killers as British subjects, since they all must have watched BBC news on satellite TV at some point in their lives, before they went out on that killing rampage. Exposure to foreign TV programs qualifies those murderers as honorary British or American citizens, as I am sure you will agree.

Finally, my long-term memory has been obliterated by a lifetime of drinking Sapele Wata and ingesting GANJA like you, which means of course that I cannot be trapped in a past which I frankly do not recall.

And this kind of attitude makes you feel you're smart! Pathetic fella.

3 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Nobody: 9:21am On May 27, 2013
Jakumo: Please elaborate a bit, Mr, Ganja. One of my hobbies is losing arguments, so could you kindly remind me of which particular argument you have in mind here? Enquiring minds want to know.

Let it go bro.... weed can't make you forget your past, it only makes you enjoy the moment. You trying to say you have forgotten your past using weed and alcohol really tells me that you are in fact trying too hard to prove you have let go your past. To the point that you are willing to use anonymity of public forum to say you drink alcohol and smoke weed.

Forget the past bro.... I struggle with mine sometimes too as it is not forgettable but you can honestly let it go.

I think you lost an argument or the person lost the argument due to him or her not being logical but the person didn't agree with you. So you need to buttress your point in that argument by using the subject of this thread as a premise to your conclusion. The argument I had in mind was the one about the British born Nigerians who decapitated a soldier.

Also, in every thread about Buhari, you keep calling him Boko Haram, and all sorts of insulting names since last year and you haven't stopped doing that. you did it last week and I'm sure if a major Buhari thread comes up, you will say the same thing you have been saying for a year about him. Bro, let it go. You are leaking traits of your bad side through your phalanges... You can't forget the past, but seriously you can let it go. I don't try to forget my past by smoking weed and drinking alcohol (I don't drink in reality, I only smoke weed). No one has ever successfully forgotten their past by drinking alcohol and smoking weed. I only smoke joints when I have a headache and need to sleep or when I'm stressed out from a long day or when I just want to relax in my house by my self and have stupid and funny thoughts dominate my imaginative creativity. Bro, let it go..

3 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by matoyeh(m): 9:29am On May 27, 2013
Jakumo: Since all the perpetrators of these murders probably watch satellite television that airs FOREIGN programs, perhaps we can now hastily classify all the killers as foreigners, and not Nigerians, who we all know as GOD-FEARING people that would never shed blood, even if it is that of a mosquito.
undecided
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by yuzedo: 9:30am On May 27, 2013
omo onila bois hav start again. Wtf?! cant dey lov each oda and hold hand? WE GIVE UP!!! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Opey4luv(m): 9:31am On May 27, 2013
Nigeria!!! This country is turning into another thing. Boko Haram, Nassarawa masacre, MAO ( 4rm Niger), now those area boys. Insecurity is an urgent matter Mr President have to attend to. If there were CCTVs, the people involved in the violence would have been arrested.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by olumaxi(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2013
Ta nsun ebanji,ilekun yen ba nshi..my country has turned into a vampire,suckin human blood at will
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by logica(m): 9:39am On May 27, 2013
9jaganja:
This kind of behaviour to me is only common in people who will never let go their past and have no forgiving heart. People with that kind of character often end up blaming everyone who doesn't agree with them. That's one characteristic of a psychopath.
LMAO...see professional psychologist o! Psychoanalysis inspired by weed indeed. Ever heard of "don't start no'n, there be no'n"? People start things and then utter the kind of gibberish you've been spewing when it's their turn to suffer. I am sure you are one of those fools who always make noise about Karma. You cannot run from your past. It will continue to torment you at every turn.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Jakumo(m): 9:40am On May 27, 2013
9jaganja:

Let it go bro.... weed can't make you forget your past, it only makes you enjoy the moment. You trying to say you have forgotten your past using weed and alcohol really tells me that you are in fact trying too hard to prove you have let go your past. To the point that you are willing to use anonymity of public forum to say you drink alcohol and smoke weed.

Forget the past bro.... I struggle with mine sometimes too as it is not forgettable but you can honestly let it go.

I think you lost an argument or the person lost the argument due to him or her not being logical but the person didn't agree with you. So you need to buttress your point in that argument by using the subject of this thread as a premise to your conclusion. The argument I had in mind was the one about the British born Nigerians who decapitated a soldier.

Also, in every thread about Buhari, you keep calling him Boko Haram, and all sorts of insulting names since last year and you haven't stopped doing that. you did it last week and I'm sure if a major Buhari thread comes up, you will say the same thing you have been saying for a year about him. Bro, let it go. You are leaking traits of your bad side through your phalanges... You can't forget the past, but seriously you can let it go. I don't try to forget my past by smoking weed and drinking alcohol (I don't drink in reality, I only smoke weed). No one has ever successfully forgotten their past by drinking alcohol and smoking weed. I only smoke joints when I have a headache and need to sleep or when I'm stressed out from a long day or when I just want to relax in my house by my self and have stupid and funny thoughts dominate my imaginative creativity. Bro, let it go..

No problem my brother. I neither drink alcohol nor smoke that wild wood weed, but nothing is off limits for me when I am engaged in talking chit on the internet. As for your own heaven-mandated partaking of the Herbal Sacrament chosen by adherents of the Rasta-Ferraii religion, let no mortal raise a Babylon hand against the Lion of Zion, whilst I-and-I is observing prayers, and fumigat'n likes the muffuguh. Yeah man. Feeling aireee mon.

Now, at long last, and after much Big Grammar, you have answered my question about that mysterious "argument" of yore. I can see that my frequent comments about my favourite subject for target-practice,that pin-up boy for fundamentalist annexation, Ayatollah Buhari Bin-Laden of the Boko Harram Terror Bombing fame, may have not met with your approval. I therefore duly offer my apology for having spoken in a manner that was not to your liking, and I hereby promise to repent, at least until my next misdemeanor.

2 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by dridowu: 9:43am On May 27, 2013
Killing here and there, when are we going to start being our brothers keeper ?

1 Like

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by back2sender: 10:31am On May 27, 2013
joeyfire: This fight is an example of what happens when politicians interfere with traditional leadership structures.

Olumegbon is a rich retired political thug trying to usurp the powers of the baale of ajah. A man who can't even trace his ancestry to ajah but has crowned himself king of ajah with Tinubu's backing

You said it all. i stumbled on this fight when i wanted to use the GTbank ATM at ilaje on saturday. Olumegbon has to be called to order and i find it difficult why LASG has not stopped this tussle that has taken so long.since the day olumegbon came to ajah there has not been peace in that axis.

The question is who is arming this boys? the police have been compromised if not they would have arrested this boys and confisticate the weapons in thier possesions.

The police should not forget karma is around the corner because this same biys will one day turn their weapons against them or thier loved ones.

This fight was not as a result of football as reported by the media, its simply a fight for the control of the revenues from the motor parks,sale of lands, protection money paid by traders in that axis.

For instance once the boys sees a truck or vehicle with load9cargo) on the express way they will stop you and ask you settle them before they will allow passage if not they will destroy your vehicle.

This same boys are the cause of the traffic you see in that area and lastma is working hand in hand with them.

LASG will not act but if it is okada riders, keke marwa and co they will hit them with a sledge hammer. this si the double standard displayed by fashola.

let me pause a while here, i will be back

2 Likes

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by lekkie073(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2013
so who is going to win? angry
olumegbon boys or baale boys ? angry
9jaganja or jakumo? angry
grab ur copies now....
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by lekkie073(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2013
back2sender:

You said it all. i stumbled on this fight when i wanted to use the GTbank ATM at ilaje on saturday. Olumegbon has to be called to order and i find it difficult why LASG has not stopped this tussle that has taken so long.since the day olumegbon came to ajah there has not been peace in that axis.

The question is who is arming this boys? the police have been compromised if not they would have arrested this boys and confisticate the weapons in thier possesions.

The police should not forget karma is around the corner because this same biys will one day turn their weapons against them or thier loved ones.

This fight was not as a result of football as reported by the media, its simply a fight for the control of the revenues from the motor parks,sale of lands, protection money paid by traders in that axis.

For instance once the boys sees a truck or vehicle with load9cargo) on the express way they will stop you and ask you settle them before they will allow passage if not they will destroy your vehicle.

This same boys are the cause of the traffic you see in that area and lastma is working hand in hand with them.

LASG will not act but if it is okada riders, keke marwa and co they will hit them with a sledge hammer. this si the double standard displayed by fashola.

uncle, tell me a story... undecided
back2sender:

uncle, tell me a story...

1 Like

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:09am On May 27, 2013
Nawa the west side is now turning to another thing
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Jakumo(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2013
lekkie073: so who is going to win? angry
olumegbon boys or baale boys ? angry
9jaganja or jakumo? angry
grab ur copies now....

I nogo fit fight my Area Fada, Ganja-Man, because na for him shop I dey see better ting to correct my head for evening time.

But as for those area boys o, me I don dey ready to battle them from Lekki to Ajah, enter lagoon self.
I no fear dem at all, even if dem manage take right hook commot plenty of my teeth, and den fall me down GBOSAAAA.

I say I dey ready for this fight. Make una no hold be back o. E don start for Lekki, Na me and dem today today.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by oge4real(f): 12:12pm On May 27, 2013
I could not bring myself to finish reading the article due very very terrible writing.
However, I am not in support of any type of bloodshed and definitely frown on violence in all it's ramifications. We have to really learn to start placing value on life.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 27, 2013
wetin u dey yarn?
you arent making sense.
na today Ajah crisis start?
go as question , stop spewing trash.

Jakumo: Since all the perpetrators of these murders probably watch satellite television that airs FOREIGN programs, perhaps we can now hastily classify all the killers as foreigners, and not Nigerians, who we all know as GOD-FEARING people that would never shed blood, even if it is that of a mosquito.

1 Like

Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 27, 2013
Thank God few nigerians are still upright as against most hypocritical souls that claimed adebolajo/adebowale are non-nigerians!
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by losprince(m): 1:31pm On May 27, 2013
If their were cc tv's the perpetrators would have been caught but our rulers would rather pay amnesty than tighten security
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Revolva(m): 2:32pm On May 27, 2013
grin i trust lagos ilaje boyz..... grin grin....a nation where there are many ethnic group even within the yourbas oduduwa ..ilaje is part of them ..they still fight them selves with the aworis and islanders......
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by hikmoj(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2013
Dr jona's GOODLUCK 2 nigeria continues.
Re: Six Killed In Lagos Communal Clash by Edoblakky(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2013
I heard that the so-called Olumegbon had been arrested by SARS from Abuja today and his palace ransacked and every weapon found seized while his boys took to their heels.
His boys started shooting after he(Olumegbon) had been wheeled away.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Jonathan For Probe Over East-West Road / Sheikh Gummi: 'The last elections worst ever to be conducted in the country' / Mourners Boo, Chase Away Emir Of suleja:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.