Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

The Conspiracy! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Conspiracy! (830 Views)

“Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life / Conspiracy Of Lagos: A New Novel By Bisi Daniels / 'Doomsday Conspiracy', 'Tell Me Your Dreams' (Sidney Sheldon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 9:12am On May 27, 2013
The morning could not have been any worse than this. The scorching heat of the sun, loud noises everywhere, few buses and taxis to convey someone to his destination and the nagging pressure of getting a job. Lance couldn't imagine anythn worse! Dressed in his usual almost fading stripped blue suits and pants. He has been looking for a job since he graduated from the university almost 5 years ago. It started with a compulsion to work in the police academy or state security service or nothing else but now it has graduated to "just any job will do". Today surely isn't his happy day- has he had any happy day of late? No girlfriend, no sibblings and no parents.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2013
Cuddling his leather file jacket, Lance continued pacing up and down waiting for a bus that will take him to Grace Court Hotel. He saw an advert two days earlier and wanted to try his "luck" which hasn't been anything to write home about.
"How am I going to survive this week?" Lance thought to himself. No money, no friends, no excitement.
A black coloured hummer bus pulled up near Lance suddenly, the next spate of events happened so quickly that Lance ddnt have time to think.
Is this a kidnap? Has he offended anyone? Could this be a ritual kidnap? What do they want? He cldnt get the thoughts out of his mind and neither cld he stop them from coming.
Re: The Conspiracy! by Neduzze5(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2013
Ride on please. Loving this! But words should be written in full.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 3:46pm On May 27, 2013
The faces were blur. How long has he been out? That he couldn't tell. There was no wall clock and his locally made wristwatch has been taken away from him. No pain, no obvious molestation of his body just a slight headache probably from the sedative.
Lance can see clearly now. The faces in the room- they are all starring like him and in obvious bewilderment! Were they also kidnapped like him? Who are these guys?
He can count eight of them in the room. Five guys and three ladies. Someone has to know something. He opened his mouth to talk but the splitting headache acted as a caution! Suddenly the door opened and an averagely built man entered.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2013
"Goodevening ladies and gentlemen, firstly let me apologize because of the way u were treated on ur way to this place." The averagely built man started addressing them. Lance couldn't make anything out of the man. His demeanor revealed nothing.
"I want to let u know that you are not kidnapped. And that very soon, u will be on ur way home. We have observed all of you for a every long period of time. We know where u live, what u eat, where u go on a daily basis, ur best friends, ur parents and siblings. What we may not know are the thoughts of ur heart."
"We will distribute files to u and each of the files contains ur individual dossier. Everything about u. This will be expedient in ur survival in life.
One thing we know about you is your desire to get a job. All of you are jobless as it stands.
We have a job for you. We will pay you 2000 USD monthly. This job will require ur guts, ur brains, ur strength and maybe ur life!
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2013
Life? What kind of job could this be? The pay is tempting but the risk! Give their lives if necessary?. Lance mused over these again and again without speaking out because that might be his last word on earth.

2 weeks earlier!

The assembly wasn't unusual. This is their fifth time of meeting. The meeting has been clandestine and ordinary to the onlookers. This meeting is taking place at the house of Alhaji B. All the guests have arrived. Chairman, Alhaji T., Alhaji H, Deputy, Alhaja M., Madam G and Fixer.
"I need situation report". Chairman broke the silence after some minutes. He has been chewing the locally- made kola-nut as his custom is.
I have narrowed down on eight people like we agreed on. Five guys and three girls. We are watching them as we speak". The fixer said with an air of arrogance.
"What about the five governors? How far have we gone?
"We have secured three states, we are still working on the two remaining governors.
"This meeting is adjourned till the fixed date". The Chairman announced with a note of finality.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 6:34am On May 28, 2013

Hadiza has just returned from the UK and has been at loggerheads with her father. She has been sent to study Business Management in one of the best of universities in the world. Now the father wants her to work in his numerous establishments.
That would have been appealing before she traveled to london but she has developed a mind of her own and would want to make it on her own.
The much she can do is to stay in one of her father's duplexes.
The house is tastefully furnished. No cost was spared. State of the art swimming pool, private gym and music studio that will make Timberland green with envy.
Today has been far from boring, Hadiza had gone shopping with her girlfriends. It wasn't really planned. Oge, the crazy one had called her on fone gushing over a new boutique that opened up in the next street. She got there and met Oge with Atinuke already waiting for her. The boutique didn't disappoint at all.
Re: The Conspiracy! by Nobody: 7:04am On May 28, 2013
Nice one, keep d updates coming
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 8:09am On May 28, 2013
Thanks Tee O. I will. I am still waiting for ur updates on the diary section.
Re: The Conspiracy! by manuelzz(m): 8:10am On May 28, 2013
It has potentials of being a good story....just keep it coming bro cool
Re: The Conspiracy! by michelz: 8:25am On May 28, 2013
Nice and easy read...interesting choice of words...promising.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2013
"Hadi, did u notice u are the only one amongst us who doesn't have a man in her life" Oge blurted out as usual without thinking.

"Oge! Oge!" The ever quiet Atinuke cautioned. "Can't u mind ur business?"

"Hadi's business is my business and moreover I'm concerned for a sister though I won't call Atinuke's own a relationship. That guy is so cheap and broke!"

Hadiza has been thinking of a suitable reply for a naughty friend Oge.
"I am not interested in men for now. My last relationship was energy sapping and almost worthless. I want to build my career."

"Hmmm, Oge, will u call urs a relationship? U don't even luv ur guy, u are just interested in his money and ur comfort. I luv my guy. He is hardworking and caring."

"What else should I be interested in if not his money? Fine face will not put gold round my neck or versace on my feet."

"Girls! Pls let's leave this men's matter and discuss something else." Hadiza said with a smirk on her face.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2013
Thanks Manuelzz and Michelz.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 10:11am On May 28, 2013
Its been 6weeks since they were "not kidnapped". They have undergone rigorous training in all aspects. They have been given a disturbing line of duty. "Wreck havoc on the finances and economy of the states. Get the attention of the government to the unemployment predominant in the country. Use of maximum force is allowed if and when necessary- their targets are financial houses (banks), companies and rich men homes!"

Lance has been chosen as the leader of the eight-man group because of his performance in the all- encompassing training. As the leader, he will get extra allowance and other benefits.
They were told to relocate from their houses to somewhere more befitting but not flashy or catchy.
Lance moved out to Brackenbury lane- a three bedroom apartment. It is sparsely furnished.

When will their first assignment commence? Though they have been told that the instructions will come to them soon but Lance kept asking himself questions they already provided answers for.
The wine sip didn't help his troubled mind but he kept at it while still ruminating over and over again on the nagging issues.
His mother would have been deeply disappointed to know that he has chosen this path. She had believed he was incapable of engaging in what he was about to be involved in now but circumstances and situations have taught him not to bypass opportunities, joblessness has taught him that nobody cares.
He must survive, he has no other choice!
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 1:13pm On May 28, 2013

The information had come through a courier. They are to rob the westside bank. All the modalities and details were in the folder. The security operations of the bank has been worked out.
Lance has gone through the operational manual for the sixth time. Just a seeming simple operation. "In and out!" That's the name of the operation.

Lance sent text messages to the squad. They are to meet at the Grand Hotel. They are not to come in as a group or the same time or day. He has assigned them days of arrival.
Grand Hotel is always busy. The place is bustling with activities and events.
Kay arrived the first day with just a light baggage and lodged in room 54. He made himself comfortable with a bottle of Moet and sent a text message to Lance.
Clinton arrived the second day with another light luggage and logded in room 105.
The rest arrived as scheduled.
Re: The Conspiracy! by Neduzze5(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2013
Your updates are always short. Do something about it. Apart from that, good work!
Re: The Conspiracy! by ortopazz(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2013
Finally something away just a lil bit from our romance matters, tho i smell romance big time...hadiza and lance...nice.....

Guy make sure the hook up o!!

Good work brov, tho am also an habitual offender, this will help discipline u, by writin in full...makes it look formal...

All the same am on board..
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2013
I will do something about it. I'm taking my time cos I want to give sumtn good. Thanks NED.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2013
Thanks Orto. I'm encouraged.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 5:11pm On May 28, 2013

"I believe that all of you have studied your operational manuals very well. We are to map out the bank, familiarise ourselves with the daily workings, the outgoings and incomings" Lance addressed the squad. He is wearing a navy blue fitted shirt on a black jean trouser with a pair of mucasin shoes.

"Its not going to be an easy raid. Get to know the security lapses of the bank and also their strength. Focus on your areas of concentration according to your guideline."

"Please, I hope the security man I'm to befriend is a handsome dude?" Beverly asked with a naughty grin on her face. Beverly is 25 years old and graduated from Leeds university with a major in Psychology.
"I intend to rock him well" she added with seductive shake of her waist and a wink.

"We didn't come here to joke. This is a serious business Bev. Can you stop thinking about sex and concentrate on the issue at hand" Kay cautioned.

"Am I not to have fun again? Please Kay, get of my back." Beverly's mini skirt wasn't helping. The strapless pink top cleaved to her as the natural skin.
The rest kept quiet but were obviously enjoying the drama especially Beverly's display of the uncovered part of her body.

"Guys! Guys!. Whether handsomeness or sex, remember that the punishment for any sort of mistake failure is death!" Lance announced to them.
"We will assemble together in two weeks time for the final arrangement. Good day ladies and gentlemen".
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2013
"Claire, can u wait behind please?" Lance whispered into her ears. Claire has been quiet all through the meeting. She didn't speak a word and kept shifting her legs uncomfortably.
The meeting had taken place in the Lance's room.

Five minutes later, everyone had left for their rooms except Claire.

"I observed that you have been uneasy through out the meeting. What's the problem?" Lance asked while walking to the fridge. He has been dying for a glass of wine.

"Hmmm! There is no problem sir. I was just listening to the things being said." Claire replied after a little quietness.
Why has he been observing her? How did he notice she was uneasy? He was the last person she expected to notice her.

"Come on Claire. Don't give me that. I'm good at reading people. What's the problem?"

Claire is considered the beauty amongst them. She has the composure of a beauty queen and also this air of importance around her. She is wearing an ash london made trouser suit and a fitted red shirt.

"I'm just worried about the operation. What if something goes wrong? What if we end up killing someone? I have just been worried?"

Lance didn't know how to respond to those questions. They were vital questions and have also been bugging his mind.
"Can I pour you a drink?"

"Yes please, I need one right now to calm my nerves"

"Okay, there you go." Lance poured the drink and handed it over to her.
Claire gulped it like it was going out of circulation.
She walked up to Lance, held his hands while looking into his eyes.

"I like you and you seem kind" she moved an inch closer again.

Lance couldn't tell whether it was the alcohol that was talking or her brain but he witheld himself from making any move while observing her keenly.

"I'm not drunk Lance, I'm just feeling funny"

"You mean Hot?"

Lance kissed her lips gently and she trembled with pure lust in her eyes, the night giving them a suitable atmosphere for their wild imaginations.

Re: The Conspiracy! by Mynd44: 6:49pm On May 28, 2013
Neduzze5: Your updates are always short. Do something about it. Apart from that, good work!
Let the OP do as can be managed ooooo
Re: The Conspiracy! by An0nimus: 7:20pm On May 28, 2013
ortopazz: Finally something away just a lil bit from our romance matters
my brother you don see am finish lol We still love the romance stories thogrin

@OP Your updates are a bit short as someone pointed out but I guess it's how you work. If you could make it longer abit (maybe type on a notepad first before pasting?). Anyways, if that will affect your performance just stick to your style.

I know the story is taking shape now but it would've been nice if we had a lil detail on the type of training Lance and co. underwent - one minute they're being kidnapped and the next minute they're like super mercenaries lol.

I'll leave the literary experts to handle the other corrections and help you with tips to getting better. all the same, Its a great story and i'm following cool
Re: The Conspiracy! by clockwise(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2013
subscribing....... @ op kudos!!!
Re: The Conspiracy! by ortopazz(m): 7:50pm On May 28, 2013
Op that romance part shud be elaborated na...
Re: The Conspiracy! by Neduzze5(m): 8:29pm On May 28, 2013
An0nimus:
my brother you don see am finish lol We still love the romance stories thogrin

@OP Your updates are a bit short as someone pointed out but I guess it's how you work. If you could make it longer abit (maybe type on a notepad first before pasting?). Anyways, if that will affect your performance just stick to your style.

I know the story is taking shape now but it would've been nice if we had a lil detail on the type of training Lance and co. underwent - one minute they're being kidnapped and the next minute they're like super mercenaries lol

I'll leave the literary experts to handle the other corrections and help you with tips to getting better. all the same, Its a great story and i'm following cool

The above bolded got me laughing out ma heart
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2013
Thanks guys. I'm really humbled by your corrections. I will get better with time.
Keep the corrections and suggestions coming.
Cheers!
Re: The Conspiracy! by IZUKWU(m): 4:02am On May 29, 2013
Hmmm, so many talents on here. Guy continue jare!
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2013
The last thing Mr. James wants this morning was to be disturbed by anybody. He has been quiet since he came in for work after doing normal boring security checks and swiping.
This morning has already been 'spoilt' by his greedy girlfriend. Why can't she understand that he cannot afford a blackberry Z10 now? Not after paying the fees of his three younger ones. He has taken over the training of his younger ones immediately his father died. Freida, his girlfriend has done nothing but demand and demand for extra. He had bought a blackberry torch for her last year and a samsung galaxy note for her younger sister at the same time. Now she says that her current phone is obsolete. She had also demanded that he comes to see her parents for a formal introduction. Marriage? That has always scared him, atleast not to someone like Freida.

"What is this commotion all about? I don't need this type of disturbance now! What can't you guys handle that the whole bank has to be disturbed?" Mr. James asked as soon as he entered the security room close to the gate.

"Sir, this woman is accusing us of taking something from her handbag." Samuel answered while standing up as soon he sighted his boss.

"Pls madam, what did you say they took from your bag?" Mr. James starred at her as though she came from heaven. This is the most beautiful lady I have ever seen! Well shaped and figured, those eyes and kissable lips! The thoughts kept flowing like river in Mr. James' mind.

"They took my handset. I left my bag with them so I can quickly make an inquiry in the banking hall by the time I came out and searched my bag, the handset was gone." Beverly answered confidently.

"Why didn't you direct her to put her bag in one of the lockers?"

"Sir, she said she wasn't going to take time, that she wanted to find out something"

"That is nonsense. I have instructed you guys to always direct customers to put their bags in the lockers at all times. All of you will pay for that phone. Pls ma, what type of phone is that?"

"Its a blackberry bold 2."

"Let's go into my office. I'm giving you people 15 minutes to either find the phone or bring the money equivalent to me or considered yourselves sacked." Mr. James announced with a note of finality.

Beverly got into the chief security officer's office and made herself "comfortable". They got acquainted with each other. Exchanged numbers and Mr. James believed that he has found Freida's replacement.
Twelve minutes later, Beverly decided to get another phone and forgive them.
Mr. James couldn't believe his luck in finding a beautiful and well-mannered lady at the nick of time and Beverly couldn't believe her "luck" at the ease in which she got the Chief security officer of westside bank.
Re: The Conspiracy! by peedeeasobie(m): 10:30am On May 29, 2013

The eastern governors meeting had just ended and Dr. Mbam must see his counterpart immediately. They had earlier scheduled to meet at the governor's suites by 3pm. The meeting took place at the Ebonyi state government house. The other governors are leaving immediately though Dr. Mbam had asked them to stay back for a light party but they declined.

Four governors out of five were already in agreement.

"You are patriots and believe that sometimes certain extremes have to be taken for the greater good of the general populace.
Wealth was concentrated in the hand of rich at the expense of the poor. Not everyone is designed to rule or govern, many people are now contesting for electoral positions just because they have money". These are the words of "The Fixer" when they met.

Convincing Chief Aluka of Abia state and Engr. Eze of Anambra had been very easy, they just slightly objected and then wholly agreed to the whole plan.

The imo state governor had been hard to get through to but with a 100million and the notion of perpetual relevance in the polity of the nation, every other thing fell into place.

"The Honourable! Action Governor! Thank you for seeing me." Dr. Mbam greeted his counterpart from Enugu state.

" You gave me no choice. What are we meeting for?" Dr. Chike asked hoping it was not the same absurd idea the other governors have been meeting him for.

"Have you reconsidered your stand based on our last discussion?"

"There is nothing to reconsider. I won't steal from my state. I won't steal from my people. They elected me not because its my birthright but because they believe in me and I won't disappoint them"

Dr. Mbam has been instructed to use any means possible to get his cooperation if reasoning and money enticement doesn't work.

" You have heard a lot and you cannot walk around with such information without being a part of us."

"Are you threatening me, Dr. Mbam?" Dr. Chike asked with shock. He was no longer interested in the drink in his left hand.

"Its not a threat, there is a difference between a threat and a promise. We keep our promises Dr. Chike"

" What of the promises you made to the people who elected you? Have u fulfilled them?"

"Don't get all santimonious with me Doc. This is for the greater good of the nation"

"I would want to take my leave now but let me tell you I recorded all our conversations and should anything happen to me, the whole world will see and hear about your evil plans. Good day" he stormed out of room.

This is bad! Dr. Mbam reasoned.
Re: The Conspiracy! by An0nimus: 2:22pm On May 29, 2013
I like that you're consistent in updating. I saw a place you said 'security checks and swiping'. Didn't quite get the swiping part. 'Checks' alone looks ok to me, maybe I'll check up 'swiping' in a dictionary and know its meaning and usagesmiley. keep it coming.

(1) (Reply)

Rewards Of The Brotherhood / MY POEM COLLECTION / *** DAYS OF VALOUR ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.